What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (3 Viewers)

I noticed he always looks in the direction he plans on throwing. He didn't scan the field. Right from the snap he would look directly where he wanted to throw it, and didn't scan the other side. Did anyone else notice that?

Well the good news is he played a dog#### game and still scored 21 pts if you count the phantom Matthews TD.

(6 pts per TD pass)

Eagles will hopefully play better than they did tonight.

LOL, started Bradford over Rodgers in a league. Bradford did start looking pretty good in 2nd half though.
The questions are sustainability of that frenetic pace, and getting Murray touches. Man they are scary good in spurts. Sproles looked great last night.

Agolar(sp?) Wasn't used enough.

I would like to watch the second half again. At points it felt like they ran about 3 plays- rb left tackle, short pass to rb on left sideline, and ertz or Matthews to same spot in middle.

I don't recall much deep nor anything going right.

Even if these were very favorable matchups (they did work well) I think it puts a lot of pressure on Matthews. He is impressive. He is far better than most admit, but he's got more possession style to him than highlight reel leaps n grabs. He muffed that pass to about end the game and to me it looked like they were about to win.

He did real well his first chance as the top WR. If one muffed catch is it, he's outstanding for a guy with just over a year experience.

I tell ya in the second half they were as awesome as in preseason. This might be one of the top teams. They gotta work out issues on D most of all. That offense can move the ball so well, they might be special.

First half could have actually been much better. He had a deep seam route that looked like Ertz broke the wrong direction, couple of dropped passes....I still think he's in for a really big year.

He's going to have some monster games this year. Only QBs with more upside are Luck and Rodgers and the Colts are a mess right now.

Rotoworld:

The Philadelphia Daily News "believes" Sam Bradford sprained his ankle in Monday night's loss, but that he was "walking normally afterward."

Bradford admitted to undergoing an X-ray, but insisted he was fine. Bradford's Week 2 status is not in any sort of doubt. It's just a reminder that, yes, this is a quarterback who's been hurt a number of times. Despite Monday's uneven performance, Bradford basically did everything fantasy owners could have hoped for, racking up attempts and yards. He's locked in as a QB1 for Sunday's grudge match with the Cowboys.

Source: Les Bowen on Twitter

Sep 15 - 1:34 PM

I noticed he always looks in the direction he plans on throwing. He didn't scan the field. Right from the snap he would look directly where he wanted to throw it, and didn't scan the other side. Did anyone else notice that?
I didn't see the most recent game of Bradford playing with the Eagles. But yes I have noticed that Bradford does not often look off the defense. He also does not see defenders in this throwing lane sometimes, causing interceptions.

I left work today and felt a little something, I won't reveal where but when I got home I went ahead and had some precautionary x-rays taken. Now folks I played a lot of football growing up and I can't remember too many games where any of us just had some precautionary x-rays taken. Can we drop the adjective and just call it what it was? "X-Rays" and they aren't precautionary, they are taken when players complain about possible broken bones. Usually a doctor or someone the NFL deems a medical professional probably pushed, poked, prodded and pulled a little at which point Sam Bradford went OWWWW!!! and they said we better take an x-ray.

Just as a precaution I rolled out of bed this morning and had some x-rays taken before my morning oatmeal, everything's fine, doesn't matter what I had scanned or looked out...everything's perfectly alright now, we're fine we're all fine here now, how are you?

I left work today and felt a little something, I won't reveal where but when I got home I went ahead and had some precautionary x-rays taken. Now folks I played a lot of football growing up and I can't remember too many games where any of us just had some precautionary x-rays taken. Can we drop the adjective and just call it what it was? "X-Rays" and they aren't precautionary, they are taken when players complain about possible broken bones. Usually a doctor or someone the NFL deems a medical professional probably pushed, poked, prodded and pulled a little at which point Sam Bradford went OWWWW!!! and they said we better take an x-ray.

Just as a precaution I rolled out of bed this morning and had some x-rays taken before my morning oatmeal, everything's fine, doesn't matter what I had scanned or looked out...everything's perfectly alright now, we're fine we're all fine here now, how are you?
I hope you find something of more value to occupy your next hour of time than what this did for the last.

Could also be NFL form of "babying" an injury prone guy made of glass and being sure on all accounts.

The Eagles have some outstanding technology they are utilizing for injuries and training to predict injuries. It could also be their computer program indicated they should check. We're not in the normal world scenario here. If Sam fills out a survey that his ankle is sore and prior studies indicate it's very likely he needs an xray, they may just do it for the negative results to better the overall programming data.

I was hopeful after this week, Atl threw the kitchen sink at him, he took a pounding, and is still ticking. I still have high hopes for him, and now that they finally let the guy play because he was pretty well bubble wrapped in the pre-season and the offense has begun to gel, I expect him to be pretty solid to upside the next few weeks. Saw a lot of rust in Game 1, but there was some sparks.

ShaHBucks said:
I'm More impressed with Atlanta's defense than down on Bradford. He looked fine. He'll get his numbers.
Yep. Very impressed with Dan Quinn. He had his team ready to play. We'll see how he continues to look as a HC, but that gameplan was solid on both sides.

Part of that is the offense. Ball comes out fast, the routes and progressions are based on that timeframe so you just wont see Kelly's QBs looking back across the other side of the field very often.

Part of that is the offense. Ball comes out fast, the routes and progressions are based on that timeframe so you just wont see Kelly's QBs looking back across the other side of the field very often.
If they are, they are probably doing it wrong.

2010 - Amendola

2011 - Brandon Lloyd

2012 - Amendola

2013 - Givens

Bradford has a history of zeroing in on certain receivers.

(edited, per the below)

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite playing in the preseason, it would be understandable if he was rusty, first regular season action in nearly 23 months.

Didn't vet the stat, but I think Nate Burleson noted an 85% completion percentage in the second half.

2010 - Brandon Gibson Amendola

2011 - Gibson, then Brandon Lloyd

2012 - Amendola

2013 - Austin Givens

Bradford has a history of zeroing in on certain receivers.
this isn't accurate

It'd be Amendola, Lloyd, Amendola then Givens(Cook)
Thanks, sorry, was trying to remember that. And 2013 my theory may not match up as I'm not really sure there was one dominant player, but Givens may have been the main receiver in 2013, you're right. Anyway, agreed. - eta - I think it was Mark Clayton I was thinking of, not Gibson. Between Clayton, Amendola & Lloyd, especially, I remember games where Bradford honed in on one receiver for 10+ targets in several games.

Despite playing in the preseason, it would be understandable if he was rusty, first regular season action in nearly 23 months.

Didn't vet the stat, but I think Nate Burleson noted an 85% completion percentage in the second half.
84%. 82% in third quarter, 86% in fourth. 25 attempts second half

started him against ATL, dropped him for terrance williams. he will have some great games but will also do nothing against teams with a good run defense that double team matthews. he threw 50 some times and the numbers werent good, above average QB with below average pass catchers (story of his career). what worries me is he doesnt scan the field, a blitzer is going to blindside him and i dont want him on my active roster when it knocks him out of the game. latest report is the "precautionary" xray ankle is the severly swollen.

started him against ATL, dropped him for terrance williams. he will have some great games but will also do nothing against teams with a good run defense that double team matthews. he threw 50 some times and the numbers werent good, above average QB with below average pass catchers (story of his career). what worries me is he doesnt scan the field, a blitzer is going to blindside him and i dont want him on my active roster when it knocks him out of the game. latest report is the "precautionary" xray ankle is the severly swollen.
Your concerns about injury are valid. To suggest Philly is short of good receiving options is ridiculous. The first half was rusty-Bradford. Hadn't played in 2 years. Second-half Bradford is what he'll be this year. Don't forget, the second interception went right through Matthews' hands. Should have been yet another completion. Plus, Matthews got in the end zone for a touchdown that the ref missed. Had over 200 yards and two touchdowns in a half of football.

Dropped him? He's 100% owned in mfl leagues
You can't fix stupid.
he was outscored by jameis winston... you dont get points for potential. hes hobbled and the schedule gets harder from here, ill be amazed if he is in the top 20 after the dallas game. rather use that bench spot on someone i might actually use.

Dropped him? He's 100% owned in mfl leagues
You can't fix stupid.
he was outscored by jameis winston... you dont get points for potential. hes hobbled and the schedule gets harder from here, ill be amazed if he is in the top 20 after the dallas game. rather use that bench spot on someone i might actually use.
Your league mates thank you.Plus I'm not sure what scoring system you're league uses but Bradford is well ahead of Jameis in all of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread