What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (3 Viewers)

50% owned? What is this a 2 team league? He is 98% owned in MFL Leagues and 85% owned in CBS Leagues. What planet are you on? I feel like the guy in your avatar.

Brady or Bradford next week?
Guessed right and went Brady last week. I'm going Bradford this week. Not crazy about Brady on the road in Buffalo.
No brainer. Brady might get killed this week.
Not sure if a no brainer but I am starting Bradford over Brady in W2. For Brady, I can see Buffalo (Rex) grinding the game out and limiting NE's offensive plays as to not expose the young QB (Taylor) to try to win it for them; also, I can see Belichick being Belichick and pulling the ol' reverse-a-roo from W1 and pound the ball with Blount (back) / Lewis and not expose his ancient QB to too many hits. As for Bradford, I can see Philly (Chip) wanting to try to see if he can run 100 plays in their home opener against a hated rival. Bradford's line will be about the same as last week's with a couple more TDs: 35/50/340/3/-1. Brady's line will be: 20/27/260/2/-1.

That being said, maybe I am just trying to talk myself into this. :loco:

Thinking Bradford over Cam (my other qb). Cam has a good matchup but his lack of weapons is killing my hope for him. If Bradford can throw at least 40 passes again we should be good, as he seems to be regressing back to STL style where he exclusively throws underneath the coverage.

The "Shark" coach guy for MFL leagues has Bradford down for a massive 12 points in a 6 pt/td league this week. lmao. how is MFL still using that clown?

shadyridr said:
50% owned? What is this a 2 team league? He is 98% owned in MFL Leagues and 85% owned in CBS Leagues. What planet are you on? I feel like the guy in your avatar.
10 team league on nfl.com. He is 50% owned and sitting on the waiver in both my leagues. you guys act like bradford is some unknown waiting to breakout. Foles took that roster and beat the damn seahawks, bradford threw FIFTY passes and put up nothing on a bad falcons defense. That was his ceiling for passes and murray wont finish every game with 10 yards.

Look at his schedule to end the year if he even makes it through the season, im jumping off when i hear the wheels creaking not after they come off.

shadyridr said:
10 team league on nfl.com. He is 50% owned and sitting on the waiver in both my leagues. you guys act like bradford is some unknown waiting to breakout. Foles took that roster and beat the damn seahawks, bradford threw FIFTY passes and put up nothing on a bad falcons defense. That was his ceiling for passes and murray wont finish every game with 10 yards. Look at his schedule to end the year if he even makes it through the season, im jumping off when i hear the wheels creaking not after they come off.
lol.

shadyridr said:
10 team league on nfl.com. He is 50% owned and sitting on the waiver in both my leagues. you guys act like bradford is some unknown waiting to breakout. Foles took that roster and beat the damn seahawks, bradford threw FIFTY passes and put up nothing on a bad falcons defense. That was his ceiling for passes and murray wont finish every game with 10 yards.

Look at his schedule to end the year if he even makes it through the season, im jumping off when i hear the wheels creaking not after they come off.
If you are jumping off the Bradford bandwagon because you are scared of injury, I get that. That is a valid concern.

If you are jumping off because you don't think Bradford will be effective and put up big numbers in a Chip Kelly offense, then I think you are overthinking things based on the first half of football he played in about two years, against a fired up, very aggressive defense. He looked very effective in the second half.

thinking Sammy over Brady this week, just worry that Murray is going to be the star of the game but worth a shot.
Same here. Hopefully, Murray scores on a screen pass like last week. I can see 4 or 5 TDs from the Eagles' offense, so hopefully a few of them come from Bradford passes.

If you are jumping off the Bradford bandwagon because you are scared of injury, I get that. That is a valid concern.
And I don't get it. Because if you were scared of injury, what were you doing even looking at Bradford to begin with? If you drafted him, you knew what you were getting in for, and dropping him after one week just shows you don't have the nerves to have made the pick in the first place. Be risk-averse or be risk-willing, but changing your stance after one week is funny. The sad kind of funny.

Evan Silva's weekly Matchups column on Roto is always really good. I think Bradford will have a nice week.

Sam Bradford's final Week 1 box score showed 336 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. He should've had another touchdown on a play where Jordan Matthews clearly reached inside the pylon, but the officials missed it and the up-tempo Eagles hurried back to the line to execute a goal-line carry. Although Bradford's performance was ultimately imperfect, I saw what I needed to see to keep treating him as an every-week QB1. In Week 2, he'll face an injury-riddled Dallas defense missing top CB Orlando Scandrick (ACL/MCL) and nickel rusher Randy Gregory (ankle).

Bradford's Week 1 target distribution: Jordan Matthews 13; Sproles 9; Zach Ertz 8; Murray 5; Riley Cooper and Ryan Mathews 4; Miles Austin and Josh Huff 3; Nelson Agholor 2; Brent Celek 1. ... Matthews left yards and the aforementioned TD on the field in last Monday night's loss to Atlanta, but still emerged with a 10-102 receiving line, playing 85% of the snaps. Matthews should make a run at WR1 numbers this season and is a chalk play versus Dallas, which uses second-year UDFA Tyler Patmon at slot corner. Patmon stands 5'10/179 to J-Matt's 6'3/212. Matthews is a matchup nightmare as Bradford's go-to guy. ...

And I don't get it. Because if you were scared of injury, what were you doing even looking at Bradford to begin with? If you drafted him, you knew what you were getting in for, and dropping him after one week just shows you don't have the nerves to have made the pick in the first place. Be risk-averse or be risk-willing, but changing your stance after one week is funny. The sad kind of funny.
He has a Redskins avatar. He's not speaking of Bradford as a fantasy player, he's speaking of him as a NFC East rival. Of course he's going to talk bad about him. In a division with Eli, Romo, and Bradford, he has Cousins and RG3. That has to hurt.

I agree totally with what you are saying about drafting him in the first place. He did mention that he thought Bradford had a bad ankle after Monday's game so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. However, why you have to cut him vs. benching him for a week to see how is ankle is I don't quite get. Assuming Bradford is healthy after this week two, is there a better back-up out there than Bradford? Maybe if it is a five team league.

dhockster said:
Junior McSpiffy said:
dhockster said:
I agree totally with what you are saying about drafting him in the first place. He did mention that he thought Bradford had a bad ankle after Monday's game so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. However, why you have to cut him vs. benching him for a week to see how is ankle is I don't quite get. Assuming Bradford is healthy after this week two, is there a better back-up out there than Bradford? Maybe if it is a five team league.
I'm pretty sure he's lying. Because he then said he's only owned in 50" of leagues. He's owned in 88% of Yahoo leagues.

Rimez sounds to me like a guy who lost out on Bradford and now wishes the worst for him.

he isnt worth my last bench spot and i will never start him again over palmer. i drafted him in the 11th so his spot was never secure. we can agree to disagree, but acting like im an idiot because i value someone differently than you is a weak argument because nothing is ever certain in FF. if palmer goes down i will trade for a QB1 and since i dont think a healthy bradford is in the top 15 then there is no point using a bench spot on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we all just agree to disagree with rimez about Bradford rather than arguing with him for thre rest of the season?

too bad for bradford that he doesn't get to play the packers preseason defense every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is killing the Eagles offense. Chip should be very worried about his job.
the oline play and drops have way more to do with this performance than bradford, but it's the height of predictability there will be a thousand no-analysis "told ya so"s like this from people who made up their mind on bradford and aren't interested in understanding what happens on the field.

The "Shark" coach guy for MFL leagues has Bradford down for a massive 12 points in a 6 pt/td league this week. lmao. how is MFL still using that clown?
He is very perceptive, unlike the fools who sat Brady this morning in favor of Sam 'I shredded the Packers D in preseason' Bradford.

Users who are viewing this thread