What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (1 Viewer)

Yeah, for a guy getting beat by 2 touchdowns at home, he sure looked fantastic.
Oooohhh getting a little feisty after their 3rd division title in 24 years. You go girl! The Dynasty is back!
How's that coach Kelly crow taste?
about the same as the RG3 crow.
2 division titles since that trade. :popschampange:
awesome. The first was before Crystal Boy got damaged. Then it took until the division fell apart to get the second. Worst deal in league history. And the cancer is still hanging around and sulking. Any normal year and the Skins are 5-11. Again

Oooohhh getting a little feisty after their 3rd division title in 24 years. You go girl! The Dynasty is back!
awesome. The first was before Crystal Boy got damaged. Then it took until the division fell apart to get the second. Worst deal in league history. And the cancer is still hanging around and sulking. Any normal year and the Skins are 5-11. Again
It is awesome actually. And this division hasn't been very competitive for quite some time and the eagles still managed to find the bottom of it.

You go girl! Unstoppable!

You go girl! Unstoppable!
She has her Redskins pom poms going as we speak. Lolol

ROFL. What a sad fan base. You think they'd be enjoying these last 11 days of their season. They won the weakest division in league history. Woo-hoo. Lol
Hang 10 has 10 days left to derail threads before he is out of the playoffs. Needs to enjoy it while he can.

ROFL. What a sad fan base. You think they'd be enjoying these last 11 days of their season. They won the weakest division in league history. Woo-hoo. Lol
Hang 10 has 10 days left to derail threads before he is out of the playoffs. Needs to enjoy it while he can.
maybe Cousins will crumble under the pressure like RG3 did in his playoff game.

Hang10 gets absolutely destroyed every time he tries trolling Eagles fans. You'd think he'd learn by now. Especially with 11 days to go until it's his turn. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno what to think about Bradford.

Here's what I do know, there may not be many better options out there. While he did miss some time this season, he avoided the big injury, and what he did this season cannot really tell us much about what he would do in a more conventional offense. His time in St Louis MAY be a better barometer there

The Eagles were down six late in the third when Murray's fumble was returned for a TD. That turnover was not Bradford's fault so to that point he had put his team in a position to win despite an absurd number of drops (including a TD drop that would've given Philadelphia the lead) and critical drive-killing turnovers (including one that directly resulted in a defensive touchdown). I don't think anyone is trying to argue that Bradford is Joe Montana but I don't know how anyone who watched the game could blame him for the loss. He was easily one of the few bright spots the Eagles had.

The Eagles were down six late in the third when Murray's fumble was returned for a TD. That turnover was not Bradford's fault so to that point he had put his team in a position to win despite an absurd number of drops (including a TD drop that would've given Philadelphia the lead) and critical drive-killing turnovers (including one that directly resulted in a defensive touchdown). I don't think anyone is trying to argue that Bradford is Joe Montana but I don't know how anyone who watched the game could blame him for the loss. He was easily one of the few bright spots the Eagles had.
No one is blaming him for the loss but maybe I'm old school in the thought that yardage totals mean very little when you get blown out. Was he bad? No. Was he good? No. Playing well to me means giving yourself a chance to win the game. Converting 3rd downs. Making plays. I saw very little of that from Bradford Saturday night. Sure he had some drops but he also had some over throws. A good performance to me would be overcoming some of the negative plays.To me Bradford is a very average QB. I'm sure you could win with him but he's not going to win you many games. I think there's enough data on the guy to back that up.

No one is blaming him for the loss but maybe I'm old school in the thought that yardage totals mean very little when you get blown out. Was he bad? No. Was he good? No. Playing well to me means giving yourself a chance to win the game. Converting 3rd downs. Making plays. I saw very little of that from Bradford Saturday night. Sure he had some drops but he also had some over throws. A good performance to me would be overcoming some of the negative plays.To me Bradford is a very average QB. I'm sure you could win with him but he's not going to win you many games. I think there's enough data on the guy to back that up.
I will take Bradford over Cousins ten out of ten times. In a few years, people will forget that Cousins had that one good season.

I will take Bradford over Cousins ten out of ten times. In a few years, people will forget that Cousins had that one good season.
Sam has never had a good season and he's got worse knees than RGIII. You can have him.

Sam has never had a good season and he's got worse knees than RGIII. You can have him.
the knees held up just fine this season. RG3 can't make it through a preseason game. Terrible comparison. As I said, Cousins is a flash in the pan. No one really thinks he's going to be a good quarterback. Glad he's your quarterback. I always use that as an example of why it will be easy to turn things around in this division.

the knees held up just fine this season. RG3 can't make it through a preseason game. Terrible comparison. As I said, Cousins is a flash in the pan. No one really thinks he's going to be a good quarterback. Glad he's your quarterback. I always use that as an example of why it will be easy to turn things around in this division.
Cousins = Foles 2.0

Of course you don't ever deny anything of my criticism of Sam. Could you argue that he's not injury prone? Could you deny that he's never won more than 7 games in a season? Could you deny that all the data on him to date puts him some smack dab in the middle of an average(at best) nfl QB? Of course, you can't. Change the subject again to something to the redskins again. Or maybe the packers or something completely unrelated the topic at hand. Because Lord knows you can't make any reasonable defense of your homer positions.

I think he did everything he could to give his team a chance to win. The shoddy defense and all the issues on offense he had nothing to do with were the primary reasons why the Eagles lost in my opinion. I've been very impressed by how Bradford has closed out this season so far. The Eagles are a gigantic mess but I think Bradford's play has been a real bright spot, especially given how I thought he was pretty poor in the first half of the season. He played well enough to win against Washington. Unfortunately, he was about the only one on the team who did.

Crystal Boy :lmao:

Of course you don't ever deny anything of my criticism of Sam. Could you argue that he's not injury prone? Could you deny that he's never won more than 7 games in a season? Could you deny that all the data on him to date puts him some smack dab in the middle of an average(at best) nfl QB? Of course, you can't. Change the subject again to something to the redskins again. Or maybe the packers or something completely unrelated the topic at hand. Because Lord knows you can't make any reasonable defense of your homer positions.
nope. Can't deny any of that. He's had a lot of injuries, which accounts for all of your other tidbits. He's 9 months older than Cousins. Still a young man. And I, along with 32 NFL teams, would take him over Cousins in a heartbeat.

I think he did everything he could to give his team a chance to win. The shoddy defense and all the issues on offense he had nothing to do with were the primary reasons why the Eagles lost in my opinion. I've been very impressed by how Bradford has closed out this season so far. The Eagles are a gigantic mess but I think Bradford's play has been a real bright spot, especially given how I thought he was pretty poor in the first half of the season. He played well enough to win against Washington. Unfortunately, he was about the only one on the team who did.
that's because you can watch football objectively. Bradford's QB rating in the second half of the season we the same as Aaron Rodgers.

nope. Can't deny any of that. He's had a lot of injuries, which accounts for all of your other tidbits. He's 9 months older than Cousins. Still a young man. And I, along with 32 NFL teams, would take him over Cousins in a heartbeat.
Every team in the league would take Sam over Cousins? How on earth would you ever come to that conclusion? Would be nice if could provide anything to back up that notion. Anything.

I've never once said that Kirk is a sure fire franchise quarter back. I'm hopeful but I'd like to see him have another season to back this one up. But with that being said, I'd like to see some kind of a metric that shows Bradford to be a superior QB in any way.

This is such a dumb argument. If I'm a new coach, do I want to saddle myself to Sam Bradford for 4-5 years and hope he learns yet another new system AND stays healthy? I would pay him the franchise rate for one season if no plan can be thought up by I don't want to commit long term to him.

I agree. And this, IMO, has been the case much of the 2nd half of 2015. Some interesting things for a new staff and owner Jeff Lurie to consider:

• In the last 8 games he started and finished for Philly, the team went 6-2.
  • In his last 7 games, he has completed 66.4 percent of his passes for eight touchdowns while throwing only three interceptions. His passer rating during that stretch is a respectable 94.9. If that was his number for the season, he would rank 13th in the NFL, right behind Eli Manning of the New York Giants and Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers.
  • He has thrown to the drop squad all season. The Eagles have let more passes slip through their hands than any other team in the NFL
He's obviously a talented guy (#1 overall pick, Heisman, etc.) and has had bad luck with injuries. 2 ACL tears. That being said, it was encouraging to see him make it through a full season without any issues there, and I can tell you he's tough. That OLine did him no favors, he was sacked and hit lots, but stood tall in the pocket. IMO what a young QB needs is health, stability, and weapons. His health is it's own thing, but stability and weapons have been lacking as well.

• Bradford has had the same system/staff ONCE in his entire 6 year career, and this will be the case again in his 7th next year. That's ridiculous.
  • His weapons in STL and PHI have been sub-par to say the least. Leading receivers in STL/PHI during his tenures: Danny Amendola, Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Gibson, Jared Cook, Kenny Britt, Jordan Matthews. And the #2/#3 guys are wretched. :X
To date, his legacy will be as a good, talented guy who had some bad luck with injuries, never got into a system for any length of time to develop comfort or rapport with his teammates, and never had very good weapons in any event.

I honestly think I have seen enough to state that he could be pretty darn good, though. Gun to head, all else being equal, I'd take him today over 15-20 other starting NFL QBs going forward.

This is such a dumb argument. If I'm a new coach, do I want to saddle myself to Sam Bradford for 4-5 years and hope he learns yet another new system AND stays healthy? I would pay him the franchise rate for one season if no plan can be thought up by I don't want to commit long term to him.
Of course it's a dumb argument. Look who was making it.

I'm starting to agree with you that they franchise him and see what 2016 brings. So many questions now, with a new regime coming in.

I'm starting to agree with you that they franchise him and see what 2016 brings. So many questions now, with a new regime coming in.
How about signing him to a long-term deal with $20M guaranteed - just a little over what his franchise salary would be?

You can't give him franchise money even if it's for one season - that's insane.

Going to be around $21.6mil. He's going to get $17-19mil per year going rate. No way he settles for less when his numbers and the market say other wise.

Going to be around $21.6mil. He's going to get $17-19mil per year going rate. No way he settles for less when his numbers and the market say other wise.
i don't know. can't think of a more nightmare scenario for the Eagles then to be saddled for next few years with contracts like Murray's, Maxwell's, and Bradford at around 20/year. I am not a Howie fan either, but at least i don't think he will give out money like candy

You are smoking some serious crack if you think he's getting 17-19 mill a year.

Tannenhill, Kaepernick, Cutler, Alex Smith all make between $17-19.3 mil next year. Kaep will be cut but that's the going rate for an agent. You think a guy with 17+ TDs, 3700yds and 64% completion rate in 14 games and is still only 28 is going to get less than those guys? Ok.

Tannenhill, Kaepernick, Cutler, Alex Smith all make between $17-19.3 mil next year. Kaep will be cut but that's the going rate for an agent. You think a guy with 17+ TDs, 3700yds and 64% completion rate in 14 games and is still only 28 is going to get less than those guys? Ok.
I will admit to being surprised when i looked up those guys contracts. So i'll scale it back and just say i think that would be a mistake and leave it at that.

I will admit to being surprised when i looked up those guys contracts. So i'll scale it back and just say i think that would be a mistake and leave it at that.
I agree. I don't want to sign him long term. At worst I'll take the franchise tag because that only commits to one year so we can see if he's turned a corner or something.

i think most would have agreed the Eagles overpaid for Maxwell in the off-season as well, but when you have 0 starting CBs on your roster you are going to have to overpay to catch up. There are multiple teams i can think of off the top of my head (Houston, SF, CLE, STL) that would probably not even hesitate to give him that much, and there are plenty of other teams that may try as well (Denver, Chicago, etc)

Stay cocky while you still have a foggy memory of recent success... it might be 24 years before the Eagles win the division again.
Keep dreaming.....I think you are confusing them with the recent Packers' performances.

Stay cocky while you still have a foggy memory of recent success... it might be 24 years before the Eagles win the division again.
Keep dreaming.....I think you are confusing them with the recent Packers' performances.
that's the second time GreenNGold has gotten mouthy in an Eagles thread. Kind of funny considering that Rodgers has taken about 10 steps backwards and they're backing into the playoffs. Maybe it's a self-preservation tactic so he doesn't have to think about their window closing fast.

if you were GM, what would you do after you let Bradford walk?

that's the second time GreenNGold has gotten mouthy in an Eagles thread. Kind of funny considering that Rodgers has taken about 10 steps backwards and they're backing into the playoffs. Maybe it's a self-preservation tactic so he doesn't have to think about their window closing fast.
This isn't an eagles thread and I have never posted in the eagles thread.

Ok, let me correct that, second time you've gotten mouthy, totally unprovoked, towards Eagles fans. Considering that Rodgers, Cobb, and Matthews have all taken steps backwards and are past their prime, and your only decent receiver is coming off of an ACL, you should be worrying about the future of your own team, not ours. itsatip

Ok, let me correct that, second time you've gotten mouthy, totally unprovoked, towards Eagles fans. Considering that Rodgers, Cobb, and Matthews have all taken steps backwards and are past their prime, and your only decent receiver is coming off of an ACL, you should be worrying about the future of your own team, not ours. itsatip
the packers are fine, but that Is completely unrelated and pointless to discuss in this thread. Also, I'm not targeting eagles fans or their team, this is just were the most interesting discussion to me is currently happening and I'll point out inaccuracies when I see them. The redskins are a better team than the eagles right now and also moving in the right direction. The off-season choices the eagles makes this year will determine if they have a 2-5 year rebuilding process or if they mess it up could take longer. I just get a kick out of how oblivious to reality most eagles fans are being, such as continuing to act like they have a better team than Washington. It will be interesting to see if they stick with Bradford. I think they should try to get a shorter-term deal signed with him and start looking for their next QB of the future through the draft and give someone a couple years to develop.

the packers are fine, but that Is completely unrelated and pointless to discuss in this thread. Also, I'm not targeting eagles fans or their team, this is just were the most interesting discussion to me is currently happening and I'll point out inaccuracies when I see them. The redskins are a better team than the eagles right now and also moving in the right direction. The off-season choices the eagles makes this year will determine if they have a 2-5 year rebuilding process or if they mess it up could take longer. I just get a kick out of how oblivious to reality most eagles fans are being, such as continuing to act like they have a better team than Washington. It will be interesting to see if they stick with Bradford. I think they should try to get a shorter-term deal signed with him and start looking for their next QB of the future through the draft and give someone a couple years to develop.
In between all the nonsense, you and I actually agree on what the Eagles should do.

Not to derail the awesome tangent this thread is on....but how do folks feel about Bradford's fantasy relevance week 17? Picked him up off waivers and considering starting him over Carr and Osweiler in my championship game. Sneaky start? Kinda think he'll blow up against the Giants....

I don't think any of us think we are a better team then Washington right now. I'm not sure anyone said that, and am hoping they didn't. Either way, that's irrelevant. The NFL has quick turnaround and teams don't often stay bad for that long of a period if you're in a big market. Saying a 5 year rebuild is crazy.

Ruffrodys05 said:
Not to derail the awesome tangent this thread is on....but how do folks feel about Bradford's fantasy relevance week 17? Picked him up off waivers and considering starting him over Carr and Osweiler in my championship game. Sneaky start? Kinda think he'll blow up against the Giants....
real hard to trust him i think. Maybe Denver lets Osweiller get some momentum against horrendous Chargers defense. kind of a crap shoot between the 3, but i would hate to put a championship game on Sam in a divisional game

Ruffrodys05 said:
real hard to trust him i think. Maybe Denver lets Osweiller get some momentum against horrendous Chargers defense. kind of a crap shoot between the 3, but i would hate to put a championship game on Sam in a divisional game
SD defense has been on a roll lately since Perryman got accustomed to NFL. I don't think Os is a great play.

I have 0 trust in Bradford this week, but he is doing an audition for teams in 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread