Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Sam Bradford - QB

27 minutes ago, Tool said:

Rosen will be in soon. Bradford looked great at the beginning of last year but now looks awful. I can only guess that the injuries have finally taken their toll - whether it's physical or psychological or a combo.

Minnesota was a much better team than Arizona. Bradford can be a solid game manager on a team with lots of weapons and a solid O-line. But when you put him on a team with a terrible O-line and force him to scramble and improvise? Forget about it.

Edited by [scooter]

5 hours ago, Tool said:

Rosen will be in soon. Bradford looked great at the beginning of last year but now looks awful. I can only guess that the injuries have finally taken their toll - whether it's physical or psychological or a combo.

I like Rosen a lot. He pretty much carried UCLA with it’s horrid defense that was porous and undisciplined. Can’t wait to see him start

Sam Bradford - QB -  Cardinals

Sam Bradford will be inactive for Week 4 against the Seahawks.

He'll be a healthy scratch. It's a cost-saving move for the Cardinals as Bradford is due a $312,500 roster bonus for each week he's active. Mike Glennon will back up Josh Rosen on Sunday and likely for the foreseeable future.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Sep 30 - 11:04 AM

Coach Steve Wilks confirmed Monday that Sam Bradford will remain the Cardinals' third-string quarterback going forward.

Bradford looked like he was hoping to retire in the first 11-plus quarters of the season, and he is now Arizona's third-stringer behind Josh Rosen and new-backup Mike Glennon. The Cards signed Bradford to a two-year, $40 million contract in the offseason. He is making $20 million in salary and bonuses this year and will cost $5 million against Arizona's 2019 cap even after he gets cut.

$20 million to sit on the  bench. Another QB signing that backfired.

Edited by The Frankman

5 hours ago, The Frankman said:

A fitting way for him to go out.

wonder if there’s a way to calculate money earned per win or a similar stat- bet he’s 1 and would be surprised if it’s close 

5 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Andrew Brandt considers Bradford the headliner for the "Business of Sports" Hall of Fame.

He's earned more money for doing less than anyone else in the history of the league.

• 1 month later...

Cardinals released Sam Bradford.

Hard to fathom Bradford signed a two-year, $40 million contact with the Cardinals in March. At the end of the day, the team paid Bradford his $10 million signing bonus and roughly $3.5 million in base salary and playtime incentives — a total of $13.5 million for three games. Bradford completed 50-of-80 passes for 400 yards, two touchdowns, and four picks in his illustrious tenure with Arizona. Mike Glennon will continue to backup rookie Josh Rosen.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Nov 3 - 4:05 PM

He's 30 years old. Has played the equivalent of 5 years of games over 9 seasons, according to spotrac has career earnings excl sponsorships of $130m

If I were Sam I'd be picking out my tropical beach and hiring a personal bartender right around now

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 9:41 PM, Tool said:

A fitting way for him to go out.

wonder if there’s a way to calculate money earned per win or a similar stat- bet he’s 1 and would be surprised if it’s close 

At one point not too long back he had earned $1MM for every touchdown pass he threw. He may be above that now.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

At one point not too long back he had earned $1MM for every touchdown pass he threw. He may be above that now.

Forgot I asked that question but my post above provides the answer. It’s actually nearly $4M per win and over $1M per TD

Edited by Tool

Free agent Sam Bradford was unable to practice for his final five weeks on the Cardinals' roster.

The main reason Bradford was not claimed by any teams on waivers Monday was because of his massive salary. Lower down the list but still relevant is the fact that Bradford's long-bothersome knee has become "bone on bone" with no cartilage after two ACL surgeries. We'd be surprised if Bradford played again.

Related: Cardinals

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter 

Nov 5 - 5:35 PM

On 11/3/2018 at 3:56 PM, Dr. Dan said:

Sam Bradford has somehow scammed the NFL for millions on millions. crazy. no doubt his next contract will be obnoxious

Until this year he's been a solidly mediocre QB. Solidly mediocre QBs are worth a lot of money. He was just a notch below Alex Smith who just signed a $94M contract. 

• Like 2

Just now, CalBear said:

Until this year he's been a solidly mediocre QB. Solidly mediocre QBs are worth a lot of money. He was just a notch below Alex Smith who just signed a $94M contract. 

I'm pretty sure you can come up with a long list of other solidly mediocre QBs that in 9 years have made 130m. Go for it

23 minutes ago, msommer said:

I'm pretty sure you can come up with a long list of other solidly mediocre QBs that in 9 years have made 130m. Go for it

Well let's see, Joe Flacco has made $100M in the past 5 years. Eli Manning $150M in the past 8. Derek Carr just signed a $125M, 5-year extension.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalBear said:

Well let's see, Joe Flacco has made $100M in the past 5 years. Eli Manning $150M in the past 8. Derek Carr just signed a $125M, 5-year extension.  

Derek Carr doesn't fit the criteria, which you know.

Care to comment on the one thing Eli and Flacco have got that Sam Bradford doesn't? Is that "mediocre"? 

If you'd said Matt Stafford I might have agreed with you ? 

7 hours ago, msommer said:

Derek Carr doesn't fit the criteria, which you know.

Care to comment on the one thing Eli and Flacco have got that Sam Bradford doesn't? Is that "mediocre"? 

If you'd said Matt Stafford I might have agreed with you ? 

Just because Flacco and Eli won Super Bowls doesn't mean they're good QBs. Plenty of bad QBs have won Super Bowls. Terry Bradshaw won four of them. 

Derek Carr is #12 in passer rating among active QBs. Alex Smith is #14 and Bradford is #19. So he's better but not a lot better.

2 hours ago, CalBear said:

Just because Flacco and Eli won Super Bowls doesn't mean they're good QBs. Plenty of bad QBs have won Super Bowls. Terry Bradshaw won four of them. 

Derek Carr is #12 in passer rating among active QBs. Alex Smith is #14 and Bradford is #19. So he's better but not a lot better.

12 hours ago, msommer said:

have made

Is the reason Derek Carr doesn't fit. He will have to wait a few years as the money rolls in....

5 hours ago, msommer said:

Is the reason Derek Carr doesn't fit. He will have to wait a few years as the money rolls in....

The point I'm making is that mediocre QBs get big contracts. If Oakland is as bad in 2020 as it is now Carr might get benched, but he'll be their starter in 2019, no question, and he's slated to make over $40M in the next two years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CalBear said:

The point I'm making is that mediocre QBs get big contracts. If Oakland is as bad in 2020 as it is now Carr might get benched, but he'll be their starter in 2019, no question, and he's slated to make over $40M in the next two years. 

I think Jimmy Garopollo is way overrated and full of question marks, yet he got paid a mint just to fill the seats at Levi's. 

Ya wanna know who's really walking away with a ton of money? The Oakland Raiders. $335M in revenue, $24M in profit in 2017 for going 6-10. And they'll probably make more this year for going 1-15. And they're getting $750M in public money for a new stadium.

Or the Cleveland Browns who made $375M in revenue, $31M in profit for going 0-16 last year. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 2:56 AM, CalBear said:

He can't be that bad if he won 4.

Dan Marino is one of the best ever & never won a SB, so does he stink?

Edited by NeverEnough

1 hour ago, NeverEnough said:

He can't be that bad if he won 4.

Dan Marino is one of the best ever & never won a SB, so does he stink?

Uh, no. Marino is a great QB who mostly had mediocre teams. Bradshaw is a crappy QB who had a great team. 

In one of those Super Bowl wins Bradshaw completed 9 passes for 96 yards. In another he threw three INTs. Sam Bradford definitely could have done as well as Bradshaw did in those Super Bowls.

8 hours ago, CalBear said:

Uh, no. Marino is a great QB who mostly had mediocre teams. Bradshaw is a crappy QB who had a great team. 

In one of those Super Bowl wins Bradshaw completed 9 passes for 96 yards. In another he threw three INTs. Sam Bradford definitely could have done as well as Bradshaw did in those Super Bowls.

Sam Bradford would have been on IR by August during that era. QBs had to play football in the 70s.