What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

I can't believe the lack of talent the Colts have provided Luck.  They have a once-in-a-decade QB with no offensive line, only 1 viable WR and no RBs.  JFC.

That should have been the case every week anyway. 
You’d be surprised. In 4 games, it’s been 1 Cam, 2 Luck, and the 60+ points Luck just gave me on Cam’s BYE makes this a harder decision. Hilton being out is the decider here.

CAR against a fairly tough Giants secondary is less than ideal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to unload this guy, and no takers. With his injury and Cook's concussion, my WR stable is completely unstable.

I dont get the love for T.Y Hilton, he really hasn't been great .never has more than 7 TDs in a season, usually averages about 80 recs/yr.

Rogers looks so much better and Luck seems more than happy to exploit his capabilities in games.

When he is healthy he will produce as the Colts are throwing at a record place.
If he hadn't gotten hurt, I don't think its crazy to think he might be the #1 overall WR right now. He was getting 10+ targets every game before he got hurt, and that was with Luck not throwing deep, and averaging about 14 fewer passes a game when Hilton was playing. 

If/when he comes back 100%, I think he's certainly a WR1, and likely a top-5 WR unless Indy undergoes massive playcalling changes. 

I dont get the love for T.Y Hilton, he really hasn't been great .never has more than 7 TDs in a season, usually averages about 80 recs/yr.

Rogers looks so much better and Luck seems more than happy to exploit his capabilities in games.
I  don't think that anyone would ever put him in the top tier of WRs, but he's a bottom half WR1 when Luck is healthy. He may never be the top WR,  but he was the #5 WR two years ago.  

TY is supposed to test out the Hammy today ... I thought it was his RIBS that got banged up and was supposed to be a problem for the rest of the season?

TY is supposed to test out the Hammy today ... I thought it was his RIBS that got banged up and was supposed to be a problem for the rest of the season?
Originally it was the ribs going into the last game he played, but then he hurt his hammy during that game.

Sounds at least decent chance he’ll make it this week. Then just hoping it doesn’t pop again. 

If he stays healthy there’s no reason he won’t be a stud rest of the way on this team. Awful offense, no run game, Luck throwing 50 times a game. 

Full practice today.  But let's see how he responds Thurs and Fri.  Not out of the woods yet.  But good to see that he was full go on a Wed.

T.Y. Hilton (hamstring) is practicing in full for Week 7 against the Bills.

Hilton appears to be over the hamstring injury that has sidelined him the past two weeks. His return is great news for Andrew Luck, who has dealt with a depleted receiving corps the past two weeks. Hilton gets a tough matchup against Bills corner Tre'Davious White in his first game back, but he's still worthy of WR2 consideration.

Source: Indianapolis Colts on Twitter 

Oct 17 - 4:06 PM

Lol. Those guys are on different planets.  

If T.Y. practices full and off injury report is he a risky WR3 for this week?  Or the usual WR2 with WR1 upside?  White will shadow him.

???  Really?
yes really ? ( not sure what a pumpkin icon means but it's funny).not sure we're seeing the same guy, but just  look at the numbers.he doesnt score TDs.he doesn't catch a lot of passes.his fantasy stats come from yards only. very dependent on the yards. In 7 years in the NFL he averages 64 recs/yr. only once has he caught more than 82 passes in a single season. He averages 5.14 TD/yr, 1017 yards/yr.

so, you're guishing over a guy with a career stat line of 

64/1017/5?!?! is that what you're saying? he's a bum dude. he's not even a top 30 WR on a GOOD day..cmon now.

you're living on his one lone season of 91 catches that happened a coiuple years ago and hasn't been approached since. 

beam me up, Scotty..my work is done here.

yes really ? ( not sure what a pumpkin icon means but it's funny).not sure we're seeing the same guy, but just  look at the numbers.he doesnt score TDs.he doesn't catch a lot of passes.his fantasy stats come from yards only. very dependent on the yards. In 7 years in the NFL he averages 64 recs/yr. only once has he caught more than 82 passes in a single season. He averages 5.14 TD/yr, 1017 yards/yr.

64/1017/5?!?! is that what you're saying? he's a bum dude. he's not even a top 30 WR on a GOOD day..cmon now.

you're living on his one lone season of 91 catches that happened a coiuple years ago and hasn't been approached since. 

He didn't have his QB last year and has been hurt this year? The leagues I play in offer points for yardage so he ends up being pretty useful. Per game he has averaged 73 yards per contest. I think you would be surprised on how that stacks up statistically against other wide receiver careers. The great Antonio Brown is 86/game, DeAndre Hopkins 76/game, Tyreek Hill 63/game just to name a few.

Hilton is hardly a useless bum. I don't think anyone is calling him the best receiver in the game, but he is a great WR2 when him and his QB are healthy. And had Luck been healthy last year it would not have been a stretch to think he would have had his strongest statistical year as of yet. One caveat is that It is yet to be determined if Luck's injury is still limiting deep plays which are Hilton's specialty. Nonetheless I would be happy to have him as a WR2.  

T.Y. Hilton (chest, hamstring) wasn't listed on the Colts' final injury report for Week 7 against the Bills.

Hilton returned to full practice on Friday, prompting the Colts to remove him from the injury report. He'll tangle with Bills corner Tre'Davious White in his first game back from a two-week hamstring injury. Hilton is RotoPat's No. 25 wide receiver for Week 7.

Source: Indianapolis Colts on Twitter 

Oct 19 - 2:49 PM

Just traded Kerryon for TY in standard league. I like his potential ros. Look at how much the Colts are throwing and how banged up the Colts pass catchers are. Hilton could lead the league in targets rest of the way.

Just traded Kerryon for TY in standard league. I like his potential ros. Look at how much the Colts are throwing and how banged up the Colts pass catchers are. Hilton could lead the league in targets rest of the way.
Hope so.  Just traded for him yesterday as well with these same thoughts.  Has the potential to be a high end 1 if things continue as they have with the offense.  

I don't think I've ever seen "very dependent on the yards" before. This is a real bad take and probably an obvious troll that I took the bait for.

What are we doing with TY?  I’m lost.  I have a WR2 and WR3 starting over him.

I’m starting J. Brown and Funchess over him lol
Brown has slowed down and is 2nd or 3rd fiddle. Game script might force a lot of pass attempts for Flacco. A huge game could be in play. But we already know Luck will be slinging it.15 targets for Hilton is not out of the question looking at the Colts roster. On the other hand he has a tough match up.

Close call. I'm going with the don't bench your studs policy, if you want to call Hilton one.

Brown has slowed down and is 2nd or 3rd fiddle. Game script might force a lot of pass attempts for Flacco. A huge game could be in play. But we already know Luck will be slinging it.15 targets for Hilton is not out of the question looking at the Colts roster. On the other hand he has a tough match up.

Close call. I'm going with the don't bench your studs policy, if you want to call Hilton one.
Fantastic write up.

I'm in the same boat having Brown and Hilton. Brown seems to be fading as Snead and Crabtree are getting more looks. Fortunately, my opponent already played DJ and DT on Thursday and didn't get much. May make TY the safer play.

Mostly receiving low ball offers. And considering taking them. 
Nah. Swat those down. In dynasty I got Alex Collins & Dede offered. I'm dying for RB2 help but hell no.

I really think TY is a buy target, not a sell. The table is set. Look forward, not backwards.

Nah. Swat those down. In dynasty I got Alex Collins & Dede offered. I'm dying for RB2 help but hell no.

I really think TY is a buy target, not a sell. The table is set. Look forward, not backwards.
Probably right, but my team is abysmal - I joined a ongoing devy league last year as a dispersal team, so my team was already weaker than others, then I lost Freeman and McKinnon for the season. Right now my only productive valuable pieces are Mahomes, luck, and Hilton. I'm going to have a top 2 pick no matter what I do (sort of mortgaging the future to win another game or two at most). 

So I have been shopping Hilton. I have one offer of a college wr I like but he's not one of the elites, and the other essentially comes down to Hilton for penny

Bad match-up this week but the hot talk in fantasy twitter last week was brunch and defenses don't matter. Hilton is a top 15 talent WR on a team that is on pace to throw the ball about 770 times this year. I want that all day. 

Probably right, but my team is abysmal - I joined a ongoing devy league last year as a dispersal team, so my team was already weaker than others, then I lost Freeman and McKinnon for the season. Right now my only productive valuable pieces are Mahomes, luck, and Hilton. I'm going to have a top 2 pick no matter what I do (sort of mortgaging the future to win another game or two at most). 

So I have been shopping Hilton. I have one offer of a college wr I like but he's not one of the elites, and the other essentially comes down to Hilton for penny
He's a classic case of a guy who has more true value to your team vs perceived value on open market. I'd be looking to move Luck, not TY.

He's a classic case of a guy who has more true value to your team vs perceived value on open market. I'd be looking to move Luck, not TY.
I'd move  TY way before simply because of age. TY maybe has 3 years left. Luck could play 8 more.... at a high level.

Users who are viewing this thread