Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 minute ago, CFB Sicko said:

I didn't get fleeced. I fleeced him. Why are you being such a ####? I offered the trade. You overvalue a WR who's never gone for 1,000 yards and has a QB who's retiring next year.

Obviously you can't handle people having a different opion than you.  Im not being anything but rational.  I'd say 90%+ on this board will agree you got fleeced.  Have a good one.  I'm about to hit the slopes here in Steamboat.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has missed 4 games in 7 years. 

I’m not one to judge but I truly believe that Gurley is 100% done. I agree that TY has one more year left in him but Claypool is a young stud in the making regardless of QB. I may end up being wrong b

2 minutes ago, CFB Sicko said:

Claypool is a nobody. I drafted him in the 2nd round of my dynasty last year. There's going to be like 3-4 new Chase Claypool's this year. I get you guys like him, that's why it's called SELLING HIGH.

I take advantage of guys like you who fall in love with a player because he's young.

Okay bud.  

Username checks out.

Anyway, back to TY. Next year he'll be catching passes from Wentz, who was arguably the worst QB in the NFL last season, and he's a speed guy who will turn 32 during the season. Hard to get too excited about his prospects this year never mind in dynasty, although there's a slight chance Wentz regains some magic.

5 minutes ago, Shawnky said:

Obviously you can't handle people having a different opion than you.  Im not being anything but rational.  I'd say 90%+ on this board will agree you got fleeced.  Have a good one.  I'm about to hit the slopes here in Steamboat.

And you know what, Shawnky? I watch people draft busts in the first round of redraft and dynasty drafts every year. Believe me, I'm not losing sleep over a guy I drafted at 2.05 last year when NOBODY WANTED HIM. I watch consensus be wrong all the time.

I bought him low.
I sold him high.

You don't go broke taking a profit. My WRs are now:

Michael Thomas
Mike Evans
Antonio Brown
TY Hilton
AJ Green

He wouldn't even start for my team. There are multiple prospects I like in this draft MORE than Chase Claypool.

Edited by CFB Sicko
Just now, humpback said:

Username checks out.

Anyway, back to TY. Next year he'll be catching passes from Wentz, who was arguably the worst QB in the NFL last season, and he's a speed guy who will turn 32 during the season. Hard to get too excited about his prospects this year never mind in dynasty, although there's a slight chance Wentz regains some magic.

Carson Wentz is a great buy low too.

As for Hilton yes he could rebound, should rebound, has not been healthy with a good QB who can throw downfield in years but by rebound that's probably somewhere at best as a low end WR2 and that might be about the end.

I've been trying to get a third round pick, even a future 2022#3 for him in two leagues and can't get it, looking at cutting him next week in those leagues.

Meanwhile I'd not take a first for Claypool.

Edited by menobrown
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, menobrown said:

As for Hilton yes he could rebound, should rebound, has not been healthy with a good year but by rebound that's probably somewhere at best as a low end WR2 and that might be about the end.

I've been trying to get a third round pick, even a future 2022#3 for him in two leagues and can't get it, looking at cutting him next week in those leagues.

Meanwhile I'd not take a first for Claypool.

You will 100% regret cutting Hilton. Trade for Michael Pittman and hold both. Colts offensive line is one the best in the league, Wentz will have all day to throw.

Edited by CFB Sicko

I mean, Chase Claypool is a great prospect. But he went from a late 2nd round pick rookie pick to a consensus Top 15 WR prospect strictly because he has a Hall of Famer throwing him the ball.

The same HOF who is likely going to retire here shortly. Sure Pittsburgh is a WR factory... when Big Ben is pulling the trigger. Claypool would be nothing without Big Ben. Get used to Claypool NOT getting to 1,000 yards with a rookie under center.

Santonio Holmes, leaves Pittsburgh... busts
Mike Wallace, leaves Pittsburgh... busts
Antonio Brown, leaves Pittsburgh... busts

#7 is the straw that stirs the drink. He makes everyone look good.

1 hour ago, CFB Sicko said:

You don't go broke taking a profit. My WRs are now:

Michael Thomas
Mike Evans
Antonio Brown
TY Hilton
AJ Green

I would bet that 90% or more of dynasty owners would not accept a trade in which you offered all three of AB, Hilton and Green for Claypool.

The fact that your roster is living in 2015 is no excuse for you to berate other people who disagree with your (minority) opinion of both Hilton and Claypool.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I would bet that 90% or more of dynasty owners would not accept a trade in which you offered all three of AB, Hilton and Green for Claypool.

The fact that your roster is living in 2015 is no excuse for you to berate other people who disagree with your (minority) opinion of both Hilton and Claypool.

I'm happy for it. Consensus is almost always wrong. Consensus had Claypool going in the late 2nd of dynasty rookie drafts last year, I drafted him. Consensus had Claypool going undrafted in fantasy redrafts last year, I drafted him.

I buy undervalued players.
I sell overvalued players.

It's that simple. Claypool will disappoint this year. If you want to invest in an asset because "he's young", go ahead. I'll worry about finding that NEXT Chase Claypool and making you overpay from him after he breaks out as well.

Edited by CFB Sicko
Just now, CFB Sicko said:

Claypool will disappoint this year

This is the worst possible way to run a dynasty team.  Sure Hilton may outscore Claypool in 2021, but Claypool will likely outscore Hilton by 10x or more from years 2022 through forever.

Just now, tangfoot said:

This is the worst possible way to run a dynasty team.  Sure Hilton may outscore Claypool in 2021, but Claypool will likely outscore Hilton by 10x or more from years 2022 through forever.

Who's throwing him the football? When Ben retires, his value goes into the ####ter.

Edited by CFB Sicko
Just now, CFB Sicko said:

Who's throwing him the football?

Considering that Hilton will be completely out of the league, it doesn't matter.

Just accept the fact that you gave up an ascending asset for pennies on the dollar to get a player who in all likelihood will be playing his final season in the NFL.

Just now, tangfoot said:

Considering that Hilton will be completely out of the league, it doesn't matter.

Just accept the fact that you gave up an ascending asset for pennies on the dollar to get a player who in all likelihood will be playing his final season in the NFL.

That doesn't make any sense. 

Any player who isn't a stud is tradeable. Chase Claypool is not a stud. I got a WR (TY Hilton who will probably outproduce him the next 2-3 seasons) and a high upside RB in Todd Gurley.

Don't act like Chase Claypool is this big stud when:

1.) He went in the 2nd round of dynasty rookie drafts.
2.) His QB is retiring soon.

Hilton will be the #1 target on a franchise that adores him and Todd Gurley will end up getting lead carries on a team that doesn't get the RB prospect they want. Chase Claypool is not winning or losing you any fantasy championship. He's a player who will forever be overvalued because of the time he scored 4 touchdowns in one game.

:lol:

Edited by CFB Sicko

Any player who isn't a stud is tradeable. Chase Claypool is not a stud. I got a WR (TY Hilton who will probably outproduce him the next 2-3 seasons) and a high upside RB in Todd Gurley.

Don't act like Chase Claypool is this big stud when:

1.) He went in the 2nd round of dynasty rookie drafts.
2.) His QB is retiring soon.

Hilton will be the #1 target on a franchise that adores him and Todd Gurley will end up getting lead carries on a team that doesn't get the RB prospect they want. Chase Claypool is not winning or losing you any fantasy championship. He's a player who will forever be overvalued because of the time he score 4 touchdowns in one game.

:lol:

How can you call Gurley a high upside RB?  He's been done for awhile now.  As a Colts homer and Hilton fan, you got robbed. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

How can you call Gurley a high upside RB?  He's been done for awhile now.  As a Colts homer and Hilton fan, you got robbed. 

Gurley scored 9 touchdowns in his first 9 games last year and then barely played the last 7 games. 9 touchdowns is the exact number of receiving touchdowns Chase Claypool caught that everyone is going nuts about as him being "touchdown machine".

Any player who can score 9 touchdowns in 9 games is not "washed up". It's clear the Falcons shut him down because there's no reason to hurt his arthritic knee for meaning exhibition Falcons games. When there was something to play for, Gurley was punching the gosh darn ball into the end zone.

9 Touchdowns first 9 games. He is not washed up.

Edited by CFB Sicko

According to Dan Hindrey's March trade value chart, you came out on the short side of this deal.

3 points - Todd Gurley

4 points - TY Hilton

24 points - Chase Claypool

You're the only person arguing that he's worthless because he was previously a 2nd round rookie pick.  Does that also make James Robinson worthless?  Tee Higgins?  Michael PIttman?

The difference in value between what you gave up and what you got is roughly equivalent to Woods, Kupp, Thielen or Boyd, and I would bet real American dollars that every single one of them blows Hilton's production out of the water this season (and in the future).

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

According to Dan Hindrey's March trade value chart, you came out on the short side of this deal.

3 points - Todd Gurley

4 points - TY Hilton

24 points - Chase Claypool

You're the only person arguing that he's worthless because he was previously a 2nd round rookie pick.  Does that also make James Robinson worthless?  Tee Higgins?  Michael PIttman?

The difference in value between what you gave up and what you got is roughly equivalent to Woods, Kupp, Thielen or Boyd, and I would bet real American dollars that every single one of them blows Hilton's production out of the water this season (and in the future).

It doesn't make him worthless. But why am I worrying about what Chase Claypool and TY Hilton will be doing 10 years from now, if as you just pointed (James Robinson, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman) are available every year for pennies.

It just shows how replaceable Claypool is and why it makes sense to sell high. Maybe I didn't get enough in your eyes (but I think TY goes for 1,100 and Gurley punches in 8+ touchdowns). But there's no way you can argue that Claypool isn't a sell high for a player with some stability (QB who isn't going to retire) and who has less competition for targets (JuJu & Diontae).

Edited by CFB Sicko
8 minutes ago, CFB Sicko said:

Gurley scored 9 touchdowns in his first 9 games last year and then barely played the last 7 games. 9 touchdowns is the exact number of receiving touchdowns Chase Claypool caught that everyone is going nuts about as him being "touchdown machine".

Any player who can score 9 touchdowns in 9 games is not "washed up". It's clear the Falcons shut him down because there's no reason to hurt his arthritic knee for meaning exhibition Falcons games. When there was something to play for, Gurley was punching the gosh darn ball into the end zone.

9 Touchdowns first 9 games. He is not washed up.

I think both Hilton and Gurley will be on 90% of the waiver wires in dynasty leagues this time next year.  Hell, there is even talk Gurley may retire because of his knee.  Hilton is no longer the WR1 in Indy and will be lucky to get two receptions a game in 2021.  Never judge future dynasty value with great expectations for players like Hilton and Gurley at this stage of their career.

Edited by JohnnyU

TY Hilton is at least the second known WR this year to turn down more money from the Ravens to resign. Would have been a bad fit for them anyway, they need a WR with a big catch radius and YAC skills.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

I think both Hilton and Gurley will be on 90% of the waiver wires in dynasty leagues this time next year.  Hell, there is even talk Gurley may retire because of his knee.  Never judge future dynasty value with great expectations for players like Hilton and Gurley at this stage of their career.

Hell next year, may not be up to 90% levels but I picked up Hilton on waivers in a few leagues last year and I've got leagues right now were Gurley is not on a roster.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I think both Hilton and Gurley will be on 90% of the waiver wires in dynasty leagues this time next year.  Hell, there is even talk Gurley may retire because of his knee.  Never judge future dynasty value with great expectations for players like Hilton and Gurley at this stage of their career.

That's crazy to me because I think:

1.) TY will lead the Colts in targets.
2.) Gurley will be getting goal line carries somewhere.

I love chasing veterans for value.

Reggie Wayne was washed up in 2012 until he put up 106 / 1,355 / 5.
Jamal Lewis was cashed in 2007 until he put up 1,304 / 9.

Edited by CFB Sicko

That's crazy to me because I think:

1.) TY will lead the Colts in targets.
2.) Gurley will be getting goal line carries somewhere.

I love chasing veterans for value.

Reggie Wayne was washed up in 2012 until he put up 106 / 1,355 / 5.
Jamal Lewis was cashed in 2007 until he put up 1,304 / 9.

Glad you're happy with the trade.  That's all that counts in the end, but I think you're going to be disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

Recently re-signed Colts WR T.Y. Hilton said he turned down more money from the Ravens. 

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the amount was "significant." We are typically skeptical of these sorts of claims, but it is a little more believable this year. With many veteran wideouts limited to one-year offers, it is not surprising some opted for continuity and comfort over a few million more elsewhere. The Ravens are still working to add a viable starter opposite Marquise Brown as Willie Snead appears likely to depart in free agency. 

RELATED: 

Baltimore Ravens

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Mar 25, 2021, 1:37 PM ET

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

Goodbye

I didn't participate in this, but he was getting basic facts wrong everywhere and getting a little belligerent about it. Sometimes you wind up with an authentic troll. I think he bumped Zeno Razon's post as one of the first things he did here. IIRC (I think I saw that). That sort of reeks of bad news.

eta* Sorry, the guy who bumped Razon was a poster named "Sydbowski" or "Sydboski" who has one post, and it's to bump Razon. Strange.

Edited by rockaction