What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

I like Hilton so much I just REJECTED this offer in one of my PPR dynasty leagues

I give: Bell, Hilton, Kendall Hunter

I get: Morris, Cook, Texans D

And this is coming from a Skins homer and someone who believes in Cook!
Give Bell's bust risk, that was a horrible move on your part and I'm not someone who believes in Cook. Unless that was Maurice Morris, then I'd agree with the rejection. Alfred Morris is a (very nice) bird in the hand. All those other guys are huge question marks in the bush. Bell is in the best situation of all the rookies, but he's still a mid-second round pick. I'd have jumped on that trade.
Very much agree that I would have jumped on Morris and I'm a huge Hilton fan. That said FF NInja, I usually agree with your opinions (see Lynch last year), but I think you need to take another look at Hilton. Can run every route, very professional for a young guy, extremely quick and gets separation, great QB. I'm talking dynasty PPR

Last edited by a moderator:
I could probably still offer Bell and Hilton for Morris and Sanders. I take it you call think I should? I just really do love Hilton's upside. I think this is Wayne's last year as the lead dog...if he even holds it for THIS season.

Do what you think is right. There is no guarantee on Morris either for that matter. If you love a player you should stick with him. I think Hilton can be a Top 10-20 type of guy. However running backs have a higher value due to scarcity. But don't run your team based off what a bunch of anonymous internet guys think. You are the one who has to field the roster each week.

So true Sabertooth. Plus I could always give Hilton and Bell for Morris and Sanders right now. Just on the fence because of my mancrush on Hilton right now.

I like Hilton so much I just REJECTED this offer in one of my PPR dynasty leagues

Give Bell's bust risk, that was a horrible move on your part and I'm not someone who believes in Cook. Unless that was Maurice Morris, then I'd agree with the rejection. Alfred Morris is a (very nice) bird in the hand. All those other guys are huge question marks in the bush. Bell is in the best situation of all the rookies, but he's still a mid-second round pick. I'd have jumped on that trade.
I understand that stance and should have mentioned I came up with this counter and struck a deal to get Cook (which was really my biggest need)

Gave: E. Sanders and Kendall Hunter

Got: Cook and Texans D (I needed a D)
I don't like that one at all, but then again I'm not a Cook fan. Not because I think he sucks.. the jury is still out on him. I just see him as a gamble and Bradford as a gamble. If you want production out of Cook, you are essentially gambling on both of them to be good this year. I don't like those odds. But I also like Sanders this year. I think he'll be solid with breakout potential. But if you filled two positions of need then I guess it was an ok trade, but I think you gave up more potential (talent x probability of success) than you got.

Very much agree that I would have jumped on Morris and I'm a huge Hilton fan. That said FF NInja, I usually agree with your opinions (see Lynch last year), but I think you need to take another look at Hilton. Can run every route, very professional for a young guy, extremely quick and gets separation, great QB. I'm talking dynasty PPR
I'm no talent scout, so I approach these things from a mathematical angle. Here's how I see the Hilton situation:

-he caught a lot of breaks last year with some long gains (Victor Cruz, DeSean Jackson style). These things tend to boost stock for one year until the law of averages catches up to them, so Hilton temporarily has inflated value (and quite a bit of hype).

-he led the league in drop rate

-he's small

Now I'm not saying he can't or won't be a great player. I just think the odds are against him and his value is inflated this year. Speaking of this year, what we know so far:

-the team will focus on the short pass whereas last year Luck lead the league in deep passes

-DHB was listed as the WR2 in the first depth chart

Both of those things bode poorly for Hilton. I think this is a classic case of a guy who can be had cheaply mid-season (or next offseason) if you really believe in him. His stock is almost certain to go down, so if you like him, be patient.

So I can take another look at Hilton, but I'm realistic enough to know that my eyeball test isn't worth anything. I'm going to stick to the premise that short guys with bad hands don't typically pan out coupled with the fact that players coming off of years with a lot of big plays are always overvalued. DeSean Jackson's TDs never approached double digits again and Victor Cruz saw his ypr drop from 18.7 to 12.7.

Youth, speed, potentially great QB... what's not to like?
League leading drop rate for one. Size is another.
Do you have a link for that?
Post #54:

He was a rookie so there's a chance he could turn this around, but dropping 1 out of every 6 catchable balls is how you get converted to defensive back in college:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/21/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

I understand that stance and should have mentioned I came up with this counter and struck a deal to get Cook (which was really my biggest need)Gave: E. Sanders and Kendall Hunter

Got: Cook and Texans D (I needed a D)
I don't like that one at all, but then again I'm not a Cook fan. Not because I think he sucks.. the jury is still out on him. I just see him as a gamble and Bradford as a gamble. If you want production out of Cook, you are essentially gambling on both of them to be good this year. I don't like those odds. But I also like Sanders this year. I think he'll be solid with breakout potential. But if you filled two positions of need then I guess it was an ok trade, but I think you gave up more potential (talent x probability of success) than you got.

I'm no talent scout, so I approach these things from a mathematical angle. Here's how I see the Hilton situation:

-he caught a lot of breaks last year with some long gains (Victor Cruz, DeSean Jackson style). These things tend to boost stock for one year until the law of averages catches up to them, so Hilton temporarily has inflated value (and quite a bit of hype).

-he led the league in drop rate

-he's small

Now I'm not saying he can't or won't be a great player. I just think the odds are against him and his value is inflated this year. Speaking of this year, what we know so far:

-the team will focus on the short pass whereas last year Luck lead the league in deep passes

-DHB was listed as the WR2 in the first depth chart

Both of those things bode poorly for Hilton. I think this is a classic case of a guy who can be had cheaply mid-season (or next offseason) if you really believe in him. His stock is almost certain to go down, so if you like him, be patient.

So I can take another look at Hilton, but I'm realistic enough to know that my eyeball test isn't worth anything. I'm going to stick to the premise that short guys with bad hands don't typically pan out coupled with the fact that players coming off of years with a lot of big plays are always overvalued. DeSean Jackson's TDs never approached double digits again and Victor Cruz saw his ypr drop from 18.7 to 12.7.
If Hilton approaches Cruz territory, I'm making a cake. As for Desean, that is his best comp in my opinion but I prefer the prospects of Luck versus what McNabb/Vick were able to provide.

If Hilton approaches Cruz territory, I'm making a cake. As for Desean, that is his best comp in my opinion but I prefer the prospects of Luck versus what McNabb/Vick were able to provide.
Haha, no, I wasn't making a player to player comparison. Simply making a comparison of guys who got hyped up after an abnormal amount of long plays the year before. DeSean broke the record for TDs over 40 yards and Cruz had a handful of very long receptions and both saw a significant dip in production the next year. Hilton is probably not going to have as many big plays this year, so he'll be cheaper later than he is now.

Not to dismiss the drop rate stats because it does give some info with regard to a wr's efficiency but in my opinion not all drops are the same and for a receiver who spends a lot of his time going after medium to longer throws, those are much more difficult type of catches than say the type that Percy Harvin was regularly being asked to make. I would have to go back and review each throw that Hilton had a shot at making a catch on to be able to make an informed judgement if this guys hands are a problem or not.

Youth, speed, potentially great QB... what's not to like?
League leading drop rate for one. Size is another.
Do you have a link for that?
Post #54:

He was a rookie so there's a chance he could turn this around, but dropping 1 out of every 6 catchable balls is how you get converted to defensive back in college:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/21/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/
Well, since I watched almost every pass play to him from last season (started around mid-season) I can say with confidence that his "drops" were not bad drops at all. I noticed maybe 3 or 4 that should have been caught. Not bad for a rookie. They say in that link that you posted that "Of course numbers don’t paint an entire picture. Not all drops are created equal", and I agree. That's T.Y. - In my opinion, of course. But it's not just mine - in fact that very same site that you link to says about T.Y., on the Colts team Preview page, that T.Y. is a "Young Playmaker" and later about Hilton that "Luck isn't the only young talent on this roster." It then goes on to say about his drops that "rookie growing pains are expected."

Saying that he "caught a lot of breaks last year" is strictly your opinion. From watching those catches I'd say those "breaks" were his speed and quick feet that allowed him to use his speed after the catch or to catch up to the ball in the air. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else that would call his long gains "a lot of breaks". In addition to his "breaks" not being breaks at all - he also led all rookie WRs in TDs catches, was second in yards and third in receptions - and thats leaving out his #1 status in YPC because we aren't talking about "breaks". All those numbers were achived without him getting much playing time for about half the season as an article I linker to earlier referenced.

I don't get the size thing, either. He's around 5'10"/185. Welker's similar size. S. Smith's similar in size (at the same age). Maybe you're talking about his build? His teammate Wayne is similar build at 6'0"/198. If T.Y. adds 5lbs or more in the coming seasons (a very realistic goal) then he'd actually be a bit bulkier than Wayne. There's more examples out there, as well.

Maybe we just agree to disagree? Either way, I enjoy reading the points you bring up. I just don't agree with them. ;)

Not to dismiss the drop rate stats because it does give some info with regard to a wr's efficiency but in my opinion not all drops are the same and for a receiver who spends a lot of his time going after medium to longer throws, those are much more difficult type of catches than say the type that Percy Harvin was regularly being asked to make. I would have to go back and review each throw that Hilton had a shot at making a catch on to be able to make an informed judgement if this guys hands are a problem or not.
I agree they are not all the same. I think you are right to not dismiss it and to not take it as concrete proof of bad hands. I view it simply as a red flag.

Well, since I watched almost every pass play to him from last season (started around mid-season) I can say with confidence that his "drops" were not bad drops at all. I noticed maybe 3 or 4 that should have been caught. Not bad for a rookie. They say in that link that you posted that "Of course numbers don’t paint an entire picture. Not all drops are created equal", and I agree. That's T.Y. - In my opinion, of course. But it's not just mine - in fact that very same site that you link to says about T.Y., on the Colts team Preview page, that T.Y. is a "Young Playmaker" and later about Hilton that "Luck isn't the only young talent on this roster." It then goes on to say about his drops that "rookie growing pains are expected."

Saying that he "caught a lot of breaks last year" is strictly your opinion. From watching those catches I'd say those "breaks" were his speed and quick feet that allowed him to use his speed after the catch or to catch up to the ball in the air. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else that would call his long gains "a lot of breaks". In addition to his "breaks" not being breaks at all - he also led all rookie WRs in TDs catches, was second in yards and third in receptions - and thats leaving out his #1 status in YPC because we aren't talking about "breaks". All those numbers were achived without him getting much playing time for about half the season as an article I linker to earlier referenced.

I don't get the size thing, either. He's around 5'10"/185. Welker's similar size. S. Smith's similar in size (at the same age). Maybe you're talking about his build? His teammate Wayne is similar build at 6'0"/198. If T.Y. adds 5lbs or more in the coming seasons (a very realistic goal) then he'd actually be a bit bulkier than Wayne. There's more examples out there, as well.

Maybe we just agree to disagree? Either way, I enjoy reading the points you bring up. I just don't agree with them. ;)
I don't mean to be rude at all, but I don't think you are grasping the concept of dropped passes. All of them should have been caught, not just 3-4 of them. That's why they list the number of catchable passes. There are definitely passes thrown that are out of reach or at a player's feet that maybe he gets one hand on - that is not considered a catchable pass or a drop. But I also agree that not all drops are created equal.

Saying that he caught a lot of breaks last year is not strictly my opinion. They were a result of quick feet and all of that, but so were DeSean Jackson's long TDs a few years ago. That doesn't mean he didn't catch a few breaks for that to happen because obviously it hasn't happened again. And yes, he led all rookie WRs in TDs which is actually right in line with my point that he caught some breaks. TDs are a very volatile stat. Calvin Johnson only had 5 last year despite 122 receptions and nearly 2000 yards. Hilton had 7 on 50 receptions. A lot of long plays + high TD rate + rookie = offseason hype. I'm not saying I'm sure he's going to flop, but the odds of success are not good. Now that he's headed into a season with a completely new offense and possibly with DHB ahead of him on the depth chart, you'd be well advised to acquire him later as his current ADP of WR32 is probably his peak value for the next 12 months or more.

I agree they are not all the same. I think you are right to not dismiss it and to not take it as concrete proof of bad hands. I view it simply as a red flag.

I don't mean to be rude at all, but I don't think you are grasping the concept of dropped passes. All of them should have been caught, not just 3-4 of them. That's why they list the number of catchable passes. There are definitely passes thrown that are out of reach or at a player's feet that maybe he gets one hand on - that is not considered a catchable pass or a drop. But I also agree that not all drops are created equal.

Saying that he caught a lot of breaks last year is not strictly my opinion. They were a result of quick feet and all of that, but so were DeSean Jackson's long TDs a few years ago. That doesn't mean he didn't catch a few breaks for that to happen because obviously it hasn't happened again. And yes, he led all rookie WRs in TDs which is actually right in line with my point that he caught some breaks. TDs are a very volatile stat. Calvin Johnson only had 5 last year despite 122 receptions and nearly 2000 yards. Hilton had 7 on 50 receptions. A lot of long plays + high TD rate + rookie = offseason hype. I'm not saying I'm sure he's going to flop, but the odds of success are not good. Now that he's headed into a season with a completely new offense and possibly with DHB ahead of him on the depth chart, you'd be well advised to acquire him later as his current ADP of WR32 is probably his peak value for the next 12 months or more.
Come on, you know I can grasp the "definition" of dropped passes - even though the stat in itself is extremely interpretive. I tried to make it clear that I disagreed with the assesment, and even the site you linked had some forgive in the stat itself with the disclaimer that they aren't all equal.

I'll agree that he's got offseason hype. I feel it's justified. Now, probably not the magnitude that it will peak at in the weeks to come (it's the nature of FF), but I'm still in the dark as to why some people aren't on board when he did this in about a half of a season's work. And reports are he's come into camp better this year and worked his a## off this offseason.

I like what I see. If I was a betting man (and I am) I'd bet on Hilton. You say you like numbers; well, there are too many numbers in his favor for me to dismiss his last year as a fluke.

Again, I think we should just agree to disagree and see what happens this season. I'll let you take the last word if you like. I think I've said everything I can say with out repeating. All my points are a few posts up.

Good discussion. Let's revisit this mid season.

Come on, you know I can grasp the "definition" of dropped passes - even though the stat in itself is extremely interpretive. I tried to make it clear that I disagreed with the assesment, and even the site you linked had some forgive in the stat itself with the disclaimer that they aren't all equal.I'll agree that he's got offseason hype. I feel it's justified. Now, probably not the magnitude that it will peak at in the weeks to come (it's the nature of FF), but I'm still in the dark as to why some people aren't on board when he did this in about a half of a season's work. And reports are he's come into camp better this year and worked his a## off this offseason.

I like what I see. If I was a betting man (and I am) I'd bet on Hilton. You say you like numbers; well, there are too many numbers in his favor for me to dismiss his last year as a fluke.

Again, I think we should just agree to disagree and see what happens this season. I'll let you take the last word if you like. I think I've said everything I can say with out repeating. All my points are a few posts up.

Good discussion. Let's revisit this mid season.
Nah, I was really thinking we weren't talking about the same thing (and I really didn't mean it disrespectfully). The site says he dropped 10, you say 3-4. I thought there was a serious disconnect. I still think there is one. The stat is certainly subjective to some extent, but keep in mind they try to grade everybody the same. Plus, you didn't actually sit down and count. You are just going by memory from watching all the games a year ago. Not quite the same thing.

Half a season or not, he did get 88 90 targets which is nothing to sneeze at (Sidney Rice led the Seahawks with 81). With this new offense and his early depth chart position, I'd bet that he gets less than 88 targets this year. I'd also bet that he won't sniff 17.2 ypr, either. I don't dislike him, just playing the odds. So my advice is to simply buy low later if you like him. His stock has peaked. So we can agree to disagree, but I'm just telling you that even if I liked him, I wouldn't buy him at his current ADP.

Also... By all accounts DHB is a hard working, high character guy. So even if I read into fluff pieces about how hard working Hilton is, I'd have to call it a wash.

Edit: FBG says he got 90 targets, PFF says 88

Rotoworld:

According to the Indianapolis Star, T.Y. Hilton has been one of the Colts' "best players" in camp.
Reporter Phillip Wilson calls the playmaking second-year receiver a "star in the making." Hilton put on his second show in as many preseason games Sunday, and continues to out-play stone-handed veteran Darrius Heyward-Bey. It may not be in writing yet, but Hilton is the Colts' No. 2 receiver opposite Reggie Wayne.

Source: Indianapolis Star

Looks like DHB dropped five passes in practice today alone.

Hilton is the guy to own in dynasty and redraft.
I have been taking a flyer on DHB in a few drafts, but yes Hilton is probably the guy to own. DHB still has hands of stone even though Luck is an upgrade over any QB he's ever played with.

What are we to make of the Nicks signing for Hilton? What are the chances Hilton only sees 60-70% of the snaps even though he's clearly Indy's best WR?

What are we to make of the Nicks signing for Hilton? What are the chances Hilton only sees 60-70% of the snaps even though he's clearly Indy's best WR?
im bullish on ty currently because i dont believe in wayne or nicks staying healthy for a full season. Nicks seems to play hurt a lot and is why i still like ty for this year

im bullish on ty currently because i dont believe in wayne or nicks staying healthy for a full season. Nicks seems to play hurt a lot and is why i still like ty for this year
Banking on Nicks and Wayne to get hurt isn't exactly a ringing endorsement lol

T.Y. Hilton - WR - Colts

T.Y. Hilton has been practicing at all four receiver spots.
The explosive Hilton is healthy and able to play both outside positions as well as both slots. "We feel like that's important so that teams can't scheme to take him away," said OC Pep Hamilton. "We've challenged T.Y. to understand the concepts (of) all four spots. He's done extremely well." Hilton is not expected to start off the year as an every-down player, but he'll be ready to go if Reggie Wayne (ACL) or Hakeem Nicks (ineffectiveness) falter.

Source: colts.com
Jun 9 - 8:52 AM

Sometimes I feel like I really reached on Hilton when I read things like he's not expected to start off the year as an every-down player. I think this is madness personally. Didn't the Colts learn anything from their DHB experiment?

T.Y. Hilton - WR - Colts
T.Y. Hilton has been practicing at all four receiver spots.
The explosive Hilton is healthy and able to play both outside positions as well as both slots. "We feel like that's important so that teams can't scheme to take him away," said OC Pep Hamilton. "We've challenged T.Y. to understand the concepts (of) all four spots. He's done extremely well." Hilton is not expected to start off the year as an every-down player, but he'll be ready to go if Reggie Wayne (ACL) or Hakeem Nicks (ineffectiveness) falter.

Source: colts.com
Jun 9 - 8:52 AM

Sometimes I feel like I really reached on Hilton when I read things like he's not expected to start off the year as an every-down player. I think this is madness personally. Didn't the Colts learn anything from their DHB experiment?
Hilton may not be on the field for run plays because Pagano or Pep appear to be infatuated with big receivers who can block (which is why DHB was on the field so much last year), but you have to assume he will be for every meaningful passing play. Hilton is clearly Indy's best WR.

Hilton is a low WR2 with high WR2 upside

Hilton is an above-average talent.
Luck is an elite Quarterback.

This equals production. I would love to draft Hilton as my WR2 this year. If I can get him as my WR3, I'm doing backflips...

Eminence said:
Hilton is an above-average talent.

Luck is an elite Quarterback.

This equals production. I would love to draft Hilton as my WR2 this year. If I can get him as my WR3, I'm doing backflips...
I disagree, he's an ideal #3 WR in my eyes. He's way to inconsistent to vault him into that top 24 IMO. For every monster game, he throws up 2 duds. So you're left with 5-6 monster games and about 9-10 , 2 rec for 29 yd games. In NON-PPR leagues, he's probaby a low-end WR3 at that.

I drafted him at 3.07 in my dynasty league start-up draft. Probably a round or two earlier than his ADP would warrant, but I think he's special too. Just hope the Colts realize it and he pans out.

Injury is still a concern with Nicks, but I actually see him being resurgent in Indy, limiting HIlton's upside.

Hilton will still get his looks, and is still great at stretching the field, opening up underneath routes for others. That role doesn't change with Nicks in town -- Hilton wasn't able to carry the load as a primary receiver last year when he had to. The situation is good for both, but better for Nicks, IMHO.

Nicks is still only 26. He has solid NFL-level talent with some flashes of elite talent at times. I'll take that upside.

Great upside as Luck continues to develop and Reggie returns to balance the aerial assault. Indy needs a consistent running game to complete the formula.

He's special.

I'm happy if he's my number one. I'm over the moon if he's my number two. I plan to win the league if he's my number three.
You're nuts sorry. He's a great playmaker but he was also Lucks #1 WR for 1/2 the yr last year. The last 7 weeks, he finished with 41 rec's for 420 and 0 TD's. Thats an average of just under 6 rec's, 60 yds/game. In other words, #3 WR production at best. He had 5 monster games last year and 11 duds. Thats pretty much the definition of a fantasy WR3. Until he's a bigger target in the redzone, hes going to still be a boom or bust play every week.

He's special.

I'm happy if he's my number one. I'm over the moon if he's my number two. I plan to win the league if he's my number three.
You're nuts sorry. He's a great playmaker but he was also Lucks #1 WR for 1/2 the yr last year. The last 7 weeks, he finished with 41 rec's for 420 and 0 TD's. Thats an average of just under 6 rec's, 60 yds/game. In other words, #3 WR production at best. He had 5 monster games last year and 11 duds. Thats pretty much the definition of a fantasy WR3. Until he's a bigger target in the redzone, hes going to still be a boom or bust play every week.
I love Hilton's talent and speed, but I see him as a ok #2 but feel much better with him as a #3 due to the boom/bust factor on a weekly basis.

He's special.

nice cherry picking to not include weeks 8 and 9 or the playoffs when he was also lucks#1. wayne went down week 7, so hiltons stats from that point forward were 72-998-5. an average of 6.5-90 over 11 games

He's special.

nice cherry picking to not include weeks 8 and 9 or the playoffs when he was also lucks#1. wayne went down week 7, so hiltons stats from that point forward were 72-998-5. an average of 6.5-90 over 11 games
Yeah, this is about natural progression. No guy is the guy until he is the guy. When Wayne went down, Hilton became that guy but the colts were beating their heads into the wall wanting to run and really not having any balance opposite Hilton at all. Now you have a team that has said they plan to let their franchise qb do what a franchise qb does. That's good for Hilton. They also have their move the chains wr veteran. That's good for Hilton. THEy also have legitimate balance at wr with the trio of playmakers.

To me, all these things means the big ability Hilton has will show itself more consistently and he becomes at worse a wr2 with the ability to win you so e games. A watered down version of garçon in Washington and that's good

He's special.

Thats great now we're counting playoff games haha. Using that KC/INDY playoff game is absurd, there were 90 pts scored in it in a game they were down 3 td's. Ha It is what it is. He's a big play guy, i wont take that from him nor should anyone. But any talk of him being a WR1 is laughable. He dissappears far to often and no WR1 will go 6 weeks w/o a score and w/o reaching 80 yds recieving. You want to invest reasonably high in that kind of player, you can have him. I'd draft him as my WR3 and if that price is too high, so be it.

I don't think Hilton is a WR1 for fantasy. I'm not even sure he is the WR1 from Indy - Luck has a lot of options and I think the it will be very similar to New Orleans / Green Bay of years past. The open guy gets the ball. There will be games where he will be huge and others where is he very quiet. I think his upside is WR20 and downside is WR40....being that his ADP has him at WR24 it looks like his upside is already baked into his price so I will pass.

Mouths to feed in IND: Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, TY Hilton, Da'Rick Rodgers, Levon Brazil, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleenor

He's special.

Thats great now we're counting playoff games haha. Using that KC/INDY playoff game is absurd, there were 90 pts scored in it in a game they were down 3 td's. Ha It is what it is. He's a big play guy, i wont take that from him nor should anyone. But any talk of him being a WR1 is laughable. He dissappears far to often and no WR1 will go 6 weeks w/o a score and w/o reaching 80 yds recieving. You want to invest reasonably high in that kind of player, you can have him. I'd draft him as my WR3 and if that price is too high, so be it.
I never said he was a wr1. just pointing out how you were cherry picking with your stats. you wanted to analyze his stats as lucks #1. then you conveniently left out week 8's 7-121-3 line, week 9's 7-130-0 line, playoff week 1's 13-224-2 line and playoff week 2's 4-103-0 line

I don't think Hilton is a WR1 for fantasy. I'm not even sure he is the WR1 from Indy - Luck has a lot of options and I think the it will be very similar to New Orleans / Green Bay of years past. The open guy gets the ball. There will be games where he will be huge and others where is he very quiet. I think his upside is WR20 and downside is WR40....being that his ADP has him at WR24 it looks like his upside is already baked into his price so I will pass.

Mouths to feed in IND: Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, TY Hilton, Da'Rick Rodgers, Levon Brazil, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleenor
Like I said last year - you have to be willing to start him every week. Hilton was the best WR for the Colts last year, but I do see his targets going down with Allen and Wayne back and Nicks added to the mix.

I don't see that kind of downside (WR40) however he's most likely going to finish in the 20's.

Like I said last year - you have to be willing to start him every week. Hilton was the best WR for the Colts last year, but I do see his targets going down with Allen and Wayne back and Nicks added to the mix.

I don't see that kind of downside (WR40) however he's most likely going to finish in the 20's.I
I think we are in agreement - I'd say WR40 is <5% chance but if he ends up being the 4th/5th option (doubtful) the possibility is there. He was WR19 last year and with all the additions I just don't see a better season. Highest probability, I'd say 80%, is he ends up WR20 - WR25.

I think his current ADP (WR24) fair, but I typically draft guys I expect to outproduced their ADP. If you were to put Smith, Hilton, Floyd in a tier I'd probably pick Floyd out of that group IMO he has both a higher floor and higher ceiling (WR14 - WR30).......WR14 is unlikely but its possible.

I don't know that Hilton's got the size to be a consistent top 20 producer. Top 30 for sure so he has some value but I doubt he can get consistent yearly targets due to his size and his skillset.

I don't know that Hilton's got the size to be a consistent top 20 producer. Top 30 for sure so he has some value but I doubt he can get consistent yearly targets due to his size and his skillset.
He's just a tick smaller than Steve Smith and Antonio Brown (inch shorter than brown and 5 lbs lighter than both). I compare him more to Brown, who is much better in space than fighting off DBs (like Smith was when younger).

I don't have a good enough feel Indy's offense to make a prediction on where he ends up, but I don't think his size is that much of an issue.

nastynate said:
He's just a tick smaller than Steve Smith and Antonio Brown (inch shorter than brown and 5 lbs lighter than both). I compare him more to Brown, who is much better in space than fighting off DBs (like Smith was when younger).

I don't have a good enough feel Indy's offense to make a prediction on where he ends up, but I don't think his size is that much of an issue.
I agree. Brown is fantastic.

nastynate said:

I agree. Brown is fantastic.
My question has always been, can he be a better short/intermediate target, like Brown, or is he a one trick pony, like Desean Jackson?

Maybe we'll get to find out this year.

Users who are viewing this thread