What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low, sell high, buy high, sell low (2 Viewers)

Why in the world would Sjax owners be selling for CJ right now? Overreaction to a rookie performance? SJax and CJ both run behind horrible OLs, the difference is SJax is actually good..

Thinking about selling high on LeSean McCoy.

Tell me if I'm overreacting, but...

No Jason Peters + no Jason Kelce + inconsistent Michael Vick + potential emergence of Bryce Brown = a very concerned owner.

Thinking about selling high on LeSean McCoy.Tell me if I'm overreacting, but...No Jason Peters + no Jason Kelce + inconsistent Michael Vick + potential emergence of Bryce Brown = a very concerned owner.
The line will still be decent. Bryce Brown won't emerge this year. He might spell LeSean at times but no way rookie RB in a make or break year is going to take over. He fumbled a snap in Sunday's game which is a bigger mistake than McCoy's fumble which was just helmet on ball. And the more inconsistent Vick is, the more LeSean is used. Teams still can't stack the box, if anything the bigger concern is the relative lack of use of McCoy so far. He won't get the 20 TDs but still be top 10 which is ultimately what you want with a top 10 pick. And not sure what you'd get in return. I don't think any other top RB owners are selling so I guess you could get a package deal but usually you want to go 2 for 1, not 1 for 2 unless you need it.

So basically the only people who still believe in Charles are Charles owners?Sell AlfMo Buy Forte as RB4 behind Charles at RB3?
Yes they are and I find it amazing. Dude has already hurt his surgically repaired knee after TWO games.Keep the faih guys but don't say I didn't tell you to shop him now.
Theres a problem with your logic. If Charles owners are the only ones who believe then you can't sell him. It's not really clear if he reinjured himself in any particular way or if he just had some soreness and was held out as a precaution. I'm taking offers on him, I just didn't happen to think the trade purposed earlier was quite enough.

So basically the only people who still believe in Charles are Charles owners?Sell AlfMo Buy Forte as RB4 behind Charles at RB3?
Yes they are and I find it amazing. Dude has already hurt his surgically repaired knee after TWO games.Keep the faih guys but don't say I didn't tell you to shop him now.
Theres a problem with your logic. If Charles owners are the only ones who believe then you can't sell him. It's not really clear if he reinjured himself in any particular way or if he just had some soreness and was held out as a precaution. I'm taking offers on him, I just didn't happen to think the trade purposed earlier was quite enough.
Posted this in the Charles thread as well but Adrian Peterson has a sore knee and nobody seems that worried. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/13/adrian-peterson.ap/index.htmlcompared to http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/17/3819851/crennel-says-chiefs-charles-has.htmlAll both articles say is soreness. Difference being Crennel labeled it as an "injury" so people seem worried.

Posted this in the Charles thread as well but Adrian Peterson has a sore knee and nobody seems that worried. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/13/adrian-peterson.ap/index.htmlcompared to http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/17/3819851/crennel-says-chiefs-charles-has.htmlAll both articles say is soreness. Difference being Crennel labeled it as an "injury" so people seem worried.
The difference is AP has produced and is a franchise player who will get his without worrying about 3 other guys in the backfield splitting carries.

The difference is AP has produced and is a franchise player who will get his without worrying about 3 other guys in the backfield splitting carries.
I'm not that worried about Hillis at this point and the guy still represents their best player for a coach on the hot seat. Most people on here don't seem worried about the split work load as opposed to an "injury" to his repaired knee.

Why in the world would Sjax owners be selling for CJ right now? Overreaction to a rookie performance? SJax and CJ both run behind horrible OLs, the difference is SJax is actually good..
sounds like you could be a sjax owner who hopes cj owner in your league will read this. at least i hope you are.

Should I sell Darren McFadden? He is my no 1 back in a ppr league. I also have Doug martin, Marshawn Lynch, and Mikel leshoure. If you think I should sell, who do you think I could get? maybe a bundle deal with a consistent rb2 and wr or just a straight up wr stud. My wide receivers are aj green, vincent jackson, ,mike wallace, and jeremy maclin.

Should I sell Darren McFadden? He is my no 1 back in a ppr league. I also have Doug martin, Marshawn Lynch, and Mikel leshoure. If you think I should sell, who do you think I could get? maybe a bundle deal with a consistent rb2 and wr or just a straight up wr stud. My wide receivers are aj green, vincent jackson, ,mike wallace, and jeremy maclin.
He has nowhere to go but up barring injury, of course. There's absolutely no point in selling low on someone of his caliber. If he were an under-performing WR who's production is solely dictated by volume or someone like CJ2K, who's slow down is well documented by now, there would be cause for concern. With DMC, we know he's going to get the touches and we know he's extremely talented. It's only a matter of time.

Here's a tip - if your question is so specific it can only help your team, it's a question that does not belong in the pool. You know damn well what you're doing. Knock it off.

Thinking about selling high on LeSean McCoy.Tell me if I'm overreacting, but...No Jason Peters + no Jason Kelce + inconsistent Michael Vick + potential emergence of Bryce Brown = a very concerned owner.
He is one of the very few 3 down backs who gets solid target numbers, too. What kind of package are we talking about here? It would take something big for me to move him - say, DMC + RB2.

He is one of the very few 3 down backs who gets solid target numbers, too. What kind of package are we talking about here? It would take something big for me to move him - say, DMC + RB2.
Not looking to go ACF with this question, as I am genuinely interested if anyone else thinks McCoy's situation merits concern...... but since you asked, I'm mulling an offer of Lynch/Cruz for Shady+WR3.

Don't know the entire backstory of the trade but the new CJ owner now has Foster, Matthews, and CJ and can play all 3. Thinking the reward outweighed the risk in his mind.

'Donny Loved Bowling said:
'Concept Coop said:
Not looking to go ACF with this question, as I am genuinely interested if anyone else thinks McCoy's situation merits concern...... but since you asked, I'm mulling an offer of Lynch/Cruz for Shady+WR3.
It is nearly impossible to have a valid conversation on the topic, wihout some specifics, which is why I asked what you meant by "sell high". So, to share my opinion on the matter: No. I don't think Shady is a sell - I think he is as valuable as he was going into the season. Especially in PPR formats, I think his value is as stable as anyones, even with the OL concerns.

'Donny Loved Bowling said:
'Concept Coop said:
McCoy is still a bona fide stud RB - and there are only a few of those available. No way do I trade him unless I receive a lot in return.

made 2 trades this week

16 team ppr dynasty. start 2 rb, 3 wr

he only had forte, mccoy and trash at rb

i gave m bush

i got garcon

he only had cj2k and sjax/richardson and trash at rb

i gave alfred

i got antonio brown

also, i almost got a 2nd for b gibson but that didn't work out

i think alfred keeps the job but he doesn't catch the ball which is a sign that his ceiling is limited to an rb2 imo. i think i successfully sold high on both rb's

I'm wondering about Charles after last week, HE had a good week 1 and then could not get anything going. Just offered Morris and Flacco for Charles and Peyton in a start 2QB league. Anyone else looking to buy low on Charles or is the situation too messy in KC? Who are the best RB targets right now? I want to move Morris but not sure who I should be targetting.

Think Morris could get Mathews from a losing owner?

I'm wondering about Charles after last week, HE had a good week 1 and then could not get anything going. Just offered Morris and Flacco for Charles and Peyton in a start 2QB league. Anyone else looking to buy low on Charles or is the situation too messy in KC? Who are the best RB targets right now? I want to move Morris but not sure who I should be targetting.Think Morris could get Mathews from a losing owner?
Just got Forte for Morris.

I'm wondering about Charles after last week, HE had a good week 1 and then could not get anything going. Just offered Morris and Flacco for Charles and Peyton in a start 2QB league. Anyone else looking to buy low on Charles or is the situation too messy in KC? Who are the best RB targets right now? I want to move Morris but not sure who I should be targetting.Think Morris could get Mathews from a losing owner?
not a chance. maybe if you add another low end rb2/wr2 with alfred and you make the trade before sunday.i think morris will have a good game this week, but if he doesn't get in the endzone and finishes with another 8.5 point game, the window for trade may be closed for a while. if you want to move him, it think you have to do it now.

Jesus. I can't seem to get any bites on Morris in my keeper league. Very frustrating because I agree with the poster above, it is time to sell.

Jesus. I can't seem to get any bites on Morris in my keeper league. Very frustrating because I agree with the poster above, it is time to sell.
aim lower. is torrey smith an option? even is you dont need him, torrey is likely to gain value and you may be able to use him for another trade in the future.what about amendola? stevie johnson? garcon?

I got the same exact trade rejected in about 45 minutes.

Those who sold Ryan for Newton have to be a little bit nervous right now. It's a long season, and this is not "I told you so" as much as pointing out that those of us who thought Ryan was the better, or at least safer, choice between the two weren't completely crazy. I'm well aware that Cam may make me eat those words next week, next month, or during the fantasy playoffs. As I said before, it's a long season. And man, if all the games are like tonight's then it's a very, very, very, very, very long season. Brutal game. I don't like regular Thursday football. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who sold Ryan for Newton have to be a little bit nervous right now. It's a long season, and this is not "I told you so" as much as pointing out that those of us who thought Ryan was the better, or at least safer, choice between the two weren't completely crazy. I'm well aware that Cam may make me eat those words next week, next month, or during the fantasy playoffs. As I said before, it's a long season. And man, if all the games are like tonight's then it's a very, very, very, very, very long season. Brutal game. I don't like regular Thursday football. :thumbdown:
Cams overall sample this season worries me. I also think they have went overboard with the option run, it's not working and doesn't work in the nfl as a regular play. Defenses are way too fast in the nfl for a team to run the option 10+ times a game.The Carolina o-line has been awful and without time no qb can succeed in the passing game. The coaching is killing him, he needs Kyle shanahan to jump ship next year and come to Carolina as the head coach.

Cams overall sample this season worries me. I also think they have went overboard with the option run, it's not working and doesn't work in the nfl as a regular play. Defenses are way too fast in the nfl for a team to run the option 10+ times a game.The Carolina o-line has been awful and without time no qb can succeed in the passing game. The coaching is killing him, he needs Kyle shanahan to jump ship next year and come to Carolina as the head coach.
Remember the four-week cumulative breakdown trend from earlier in this thread for Cam*:Games 1-4: 30.4 fpgGames 5-8: 27.3 fpgGames 9-12: 26.0 fpgGames 13-16: 24.1 fpgGames 17-19: 21.0 fpgCam can still break the trend with a monster week 4 against the Falcons in what may be a shootout in the Georgia Dome. By my count, Cam would need to have 33.5 fantasy points to end up exceeding his final four games from 2011.For the record, only seven QBs are currently averaging more than 21.0 fpg so far in 2012. It should also be mentioned that 14 QBs currently are averaging 19.95 fpg, and that does NOT include Brady, Rodgers or Stafford. It's insanely early to draw any serious conclusions, however.*Based on "standard FBG" scoring, which I believe is 0.05 pt per passing yard, 0.1 pt per rushing yard, 6 pt per rush TD, 4 pt per pass TD, -1 pt per INT

Remember the four-week cumulative breakdown trend from earlier in this thread for Cam*:Games 1-4: 30.4 fpgGames 5-8: 27.3 fpgGames 9-12: 26.0 fpgGames 13-16: 24.1 fpgGames 17-19: 21.0 fpgCam can still break the trend with a monster week 4 against the Falcons in what may be a shootout in the Georgia Dome. By my count, Cam would need to have 33.5 fantasy points to end up exceeding his final four games from 2011.For the record, only seven QBs are currently averaging more than 21.0 fpg so far in 2012. It should also be mentioned that 14 QBs currently are averaging 19.95 fpg, and that does NOT include Brady, Rodgers or Stafford. It's insanely early to draw any serious conclusions, however.*Based on "standard FBG" scoring, which I believe is 0.05 pt per passing yard, 0.1 pt per rushing yard, 6 pt per rush TD, 4 pt per pass TD, -1 pt per INT
He is 27th in fppg at this point. If you want to wait to be sure he is actually this poor you will be the one stuck holding the bag. He may have the talent to be an elite fantasy QB, but he needs to overcome that coaching staff. Teams are scheming for him now and Carolina seems unable tomake any adjustments for whatever reason.

He is 27th in fppg at this point. If you want to wait to be sure he is actually this poor you will be the one stuck holding the bag. He may have the talent to be an elite fantasy QB, but he needs to overcome that coaching staff. Teams are scheming for him now and Carolina seems unable tomake any adjustments for whatever reason.
I had him last year and got him in auction and am looking to sell but will have to wait for the stink of tonight to wear off. Might be time for Cam owners who can't sell to hit the wire and start looking at this as qbbc.

After getting Morris off the waiver wire post-Week 1, I flipped him straight-up for Mathews. That owner was 0-1 with a set of RBs that looked much, much worse after week 1 than it had post-draft. I had offered the person Kevin Smith for Mathews (rejected) before succeeding with the waiver claim.After the Week 2 performance and with Mathews' return imminent, I think the window may have closed. The kind of Morris and Mathews performances that would make the deal attractive for the Mathews owner after Week 3 would probably make you steer away from the deal too.

After getting Morris off the waiver wire post-Week 1, I flipped him straight-up for Mathews. That owner was 0-1 with a set of RBs that looked much, much worse after week 1 than it had post-draft. I had offered the person Kevin Smith for Mathews (rejected) before succeeding with the waiver claim.After the Week 2 performance and with Mathews' return imminent, I think the window may have closed. The kind of Morris and Mathews performances that would make the deal attractive for the Mathews owner after Week 3 would probably make you steer away from the deal too.
That's beyond brutal. What owner in their right mind would spend an early pick on Mathews knowing he was going to miss the first week or two, then sell short after one week?

That's beyond brutal. What owner in their right mind would spend an early pick on Mathews knowing he was going to miss the first week or two, then sell short after one week?
I can envision plenty of scenarios. The most likely of possibilities is exactly what he described - his draft looks great before the games start. After week 1, the team suddenly looks like crap and you realize you may have missed on more than you could afford. In a tough league you can't afford to fall 0-2. Morris looks to be the weekly starter for a quality team and should be a solid source of points.

I can envision plenty of scenarios. The most likely of possibilities is exactly what he described - his draft looks great before the games start. After week 1, the team suddenly looks like crap and you realize you may have missed on more than you could afford. In a tough league you can't afford to fall 0-2. Morris looks to be the weekly starter for a quality team and should be a solid source of points.
That owner had Mathews, Lynch, Turner, Best, and Thomas. I imagine that the plan to ride out Mathews' absence looked really bad. Meachem at WR3 and Finley at TE also sucked for that team week 1, and I think there was a brutal roster re-think. There were rumblings at the time that Mathews could be out until week four or later, and I was better placed at 1-0 to wait him out. I think the urgency also gets heightened in leagues, like this one, that have just 13-week in the regular season, and three weeks of playoffs.I would say, though, to keep making offers. My experience in redraft leagues is that most owners are unwilling to give up on a roster in the first few weeks, hoping the ship will right itself. So I wasn't really expecting much response when I tried shopping Kevin Smith after his week one performance, and wasn't surprised that my offer of Smith for Mathews was rejected. But it let that owner know I wanted Mathews, and Morris turned out to be a big enough prize to make the deal.I absolutely never would have traded Mathews for Morris. But in past years, I've been too focused on my own evaluations of players, and paid too little attention to how players are viewed by others. I had the #2 waiver priority in this case, and in past years, I would have looked at Morris' low YPC, running style and competition, and decided I didn't think he would improved my team enough to be worth burning the waiver priority. But this year I promised myself at the start that I would pay more attention to hype in trying to gain an advantage. All the Morris hype made me confident that someone else would overvalue him more than me, and good grief, I was right.And I could turn out to have been completely wrong on Morris. Some of that low YPC came from running out the clock. Fingers crossed.

Bilal Powell is a guy to grab if you have space on your roster. Owned in 1% of ESPN leagues but he got 10 carries this week. With a crappy Greene ahead of him, he may be getting a chance to run with the job. I'm skeptical he has the talent to pull it off but opportunity is the most important piece of the puzzle. Rough schedule ahead (SF, Houston) but certainly worth stashing.

Bilal Powell is a guy to grab if you have space on your roster. Owned in 1% of ESPN leagues but he got 10 carries this week. With a crappy Greene ahead of him, he may be getting a chance to run with the job. I'm skeptical he has the talent to pull it off but opportunity is the most important piece of the puzzle. Rough schedule ahead (SF, Houston) but certainly worth stashing.
This...he's not that good, but he might be better than Greene.

I was going to start a separate thread on this but will do it here: What do you think about Powell with Revis going down; a good argument could be made the Jets defense got significantly weaker and they are not going to have the luxury of running the ball in some games. That and the NYJ run game doesn't impress me.

I was going to start a separate thread on this but will do it here: What do you think about Powell with Revis going down; a good argument could be made the Jets defense got significantly weaker and they are not going to have the luxury of running the ball in some games. That and the NYJ run game doesn't impress me.
Powell's already the 3rd down back and the Jets don't have the horses to abandon the run and play like the Packers. This is more of an argument for Powell then against him imo. Unless he has something hidden in the tank that we haven't seen yet, he's ceiling seems to be capped about match up / flex option. But that's still useful.

Powell's already the 3rd down back and the Jets don't have the horses to abandon the run and play like the Packers. This is more of an argument for Powell then against him imo. Unless he has something hidden in the tank that we haven't seen yet, he's ceiling seems to be capped about match up / flex option. But that's still useful.
I considered this angle, and I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, but I don't see the Jets being able to control the ball enough by running to keep a game in close. Without Revis their defense is just flat out not so good. Without a good defense it is a matter of time on each game before they are playing catch up; they won't have the luxury of running the ball for very long.

Users who are viewing this thread