What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JJ Watt (1 Viewer)

umjaker

Footballguy
Since Bruce Smith, he is playin at an unreal level

12 tackles, 3 assisted, 8.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 5 pass defensed & 1 FR

(KFFL)Tennessee Titans OG Leroy Harris said Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt isn't anything special after he recorded two sacks and a fumble recovery against the team in Week 4. "He's not anything special...I locked him down most of the game except those two plays," Harris said

What a #######' moron. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard come from the mouth of a professional athlete.

Out of curiosity, how valuable is Watt in mixed (offense and IDP) dynasty leagues at this point? A 23 year old who might just be the best defensive lineman in football... I'd say he has to considered among the most valuable IDP's. The question then becomes how does his value compare to that of the top offensive players. I think a guy like Watt, who I think it going to have a career arc similar to Jared Allen's, holds similar value to your stud TE's (Graham and Gronk). Thoughts?

(KFFL)Tennessee Titans OG Leroy Harris said Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt isn't anything special after he recorded two sacks and a fumble recovery against the team in Week 4. "He's not anything special...I locked him down most of the game except those two plays," Harris saidWhat a #######' moron. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard come from the mouth of a professional athlete.Out of curiosity, how valuable is Watt in mixed (offense and IDP) dynasty leagues at this point? A 23 year old who might just be the best defensive lineman in football... I'd say he has to considered among the most valuable IDP's. The question then becomes how does his value compare to that of the top offensive players. I think a guy like Watt, who I think it going to have a career arc similar to Jared Allen's, holds similar value to your stud TE's (Graham and Gronk). Thoughts?
Its not surprising, Houston and TEN hate each other and they will rarely have anything nice to say about the other. I don't think I can call TEN a dirty team anymore since most of those players and coaches from the dirty team have moved on to other places, but they will still have a few cheap shots now and again.

(KFFL)Tennessee Titans OG Leroy Harris said Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt isn't anything special after he recorded two sacks and a fumble recovery against the team in Week 4. "He's not anything special...I locked him down most of the game except those two plays," Harris saidWhat a #######' moron. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard come from the mouth of a professional athlete.Out of curiosity, how valuable is Watt in mixed (offense and IDP) dynasty leagues at this point? A 23 year old who might just be the best defensive lineman in football... I'd say he has to considered among the most valuable IDP's. The question then becomes how does his value compare to that of the top offensive players. I think a guy like Watt, who I think it going to have a career arc similar to Jared Allen's, holds similar value to your stud TE's (Graham and Gronk). Thoughts?
Absolute monster. In my 16 team (.5 PPR) dyno he is 21st overall. Ahead of Cruz, Roddy, Shady, ADP, Calvin. Amazing advantage over everyone at this point. Like Jared Allen was during his sack spree last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL our scoring system is heavily QB favored, Daryl Washington, JJ Watt, Chad Greenway, Sean Lee & Cortland Finnegan are the only non QBs in top 30 scoring.

Absolute monster. In my 16 team (.5 PPR) dyno he is 21st overall. Ahead of Cruz, Roddy, Shady, ADP, Calvin. Amazing advantage over everyone at this point. Like Jaded Allen was during his sack spree last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
37th overall, but he's scored 31 points ... the next highest-scoring DL has 21. going to make for a tough decision for me after week 8.

oh, we only have 11 rostered DL in our league, too. each team starts 1 ... he was the 11th DL drafted in the league.

(KFFL)Tennessee Titans OG Leroy Harris said Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt isn't anything special after he recorded two sacks and a fumble recovery against the team in Week 4. "He's not anything special...I locked him down most of the game except those two plays," Harris said

What a #######' moron. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard come from the mouth of a professional athlete.

Out of curiosity, how valuable is Watt in mixed (offense and IDP) dynasty leagues at this point? A 23 year old who might just be the best defensive lineman in football... I'd say he has to considered among the most valuable IDP's. The question then becomes how does his value compare to that of the top offensive players. I think a guy like Watt, who I think it going to have a career arc similar to Jared Allen's, holds similar value to your stud TE's (Graham and Gronk). Thoughts?
Just look at dynasty startups this past offseason - Jason Pierre-Paul was consistently being drafted in the 3rd round or so in leagues where offense and defense were equitably scored. That is the risk on valuing Defensive guys so highly...just look at the start that the top-2 guys from last year are having: Jared Allen and Pierre Paul. Just have to hope that Watt does not go the same route.

Watching the Tex/Jets game, the Jets score keeper sucks, I have seen at least 2 tackles by Watts and both given to Cushing. Does that sound whiney? It's just hard to get tackles from a 3/4 de and to see 2 tackles clearly taken away from him sucks!

Watching the Tex/Jets game, the Jets score keeper sucks, I have seen at least 2 tackles by Watts and both given to Cushing. Does that sound whiney? It's just hard to get tackles from a 3/4 de and to see 2 tackles clearly taken away from him sucks!
No the Jets stat keeper is a hater, I seen Watt make two-three solos and not credited...

Happens in every game, every week. NFL stat keepers are terrible and need to be replaced.

The Texans seem to have a lot of players that have similar looks as well. Reed, Barwin, Cush, and Watt can all be mistaken for each other in a pile up.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
The Texans seem to have a lot of players that have similar looks as well. Reed, Barwin, Cush, and Watt can all be mistaken for each other in a pile up.
LOL Tebow option was awarded to Watt, Barwin made tackle, oh well, some makeup plays I guess

we may as well just give watt dpoy now. no one is gong to slow him down. the guy is a #######g monster. as a denver fan, i almost wish we had watt instead of miller. watt would probably be even more dominant as a 4-3 DE. then again, maybe not. i still love me some von. but watt is quite simply playing on another level.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
Happens in every game, every week. NFL stat keepers are terrible and need to be replaced.
yeah, check out sean lee's totals from the seahawks game. think he 4 solos in the boxscore. cowboys gave him credit for 21 tackles, 15 solos.

kind of like the refs...oh wait.. never mindUnless they make tackles an "official" stat this is the way it will be. Personally I'm more offended by the Strip sack, if he's sacked, he's down and if he's down he can't fumble. :hot:

Another 2 sack game. What a run hes on. We score tackles 2 points, assists 1, sacks and ints 5, fumbles 3 and pass def 1.5. Jpp and Jared had two of the best years ever last season with 270 points. Over Watts last 8 games (6 this year and 2 playoff games) he has 190 points. For half a season. Incredible.

He's the #1 defensive player in our league right now. With his points, he would rank as the # 13 quarterback, #3 running back, the #2 wide receiver, and the #1 Tight end.

Is he on 'roids? When will he get suspended? Reminds me of merriman in his prime, seemed to be on a different level than humanity, and with the extra boost he was...

He's the #1 defensive player in our league right now. With his points, he would rank as the # 13 quarterback, #3 running back, the #2 wide receiver, and the #1 Tight end.
:eek: Oh my. Hadn't done this cross offense/defense comparison yet. Wish my attempts to buy him in the off-season had worked. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread