What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Report: NFL/NFLRA Agree to Deal (1 Viewer)

ideally I hopoe the refs concede on the steps towrards full time refs and having a benchThe NFL should pay refs that are on the bench a certain percentage (75%?)pemsion can be negotiated
That's fine if the NFL concedes something too. I heard they conceded pension for future employees but not current ones.BTW this is known as collective bargaining.
From what I've read the new hires are under a plan more to the NFLs liking, older refs are grandfathered in.
That only lasts a year or two. 2013/14 the NFLRA will be complaining how unfair it is that two guys do the same job but the older guy is getting all the good benefits. Then they'll rally to go back to the good benefits for everyone. Union 101 for you

ideally I hopoe the refs concede on the steps towrards full time refs and having a benchThe NFL should pay refs that are on the bench a certain percentage (75%?)pemsion can be negotiated
That's fine if the NFL concedes something too. I heard they conceded pension for future employees but not current ones.BTW this is known as collective bargaining.
From what I've read the new hires are under a plan more to the NFLs liking, older refs are grandfathered in.
That only lasts a year or two. 2013/14 the NFLRA will be complaining how unfair it is that two guys do the same job but the older guy is getting all the good benefits. Then they'll rally to go back to the good benefits for everyone. Union 101 for you
Big 3 auto workers still work under a 2 tier system that was put in years ago. Maybe the UAW never took "Union 101"?

Big 3 auto workers still work under a 2 tier system that was put in years ago. Maybe the UAW never took "Union 101"?
The hot topic talked about now is eliminating this in the UAW.

So a day after $300 million changed hands in Vegas because of that call, the NFL and refs come to an agreement. Funny how that works.

Late night report:

There are reports that an agreement has been reached, and that the NFLRA will have a crew officiate tomorrow night's game vs. Browns & Ravens. The referees would officially ratify the agreement on Friday.

It's coming from Judy Battista of the NY Times and Tony Softli of ESPN St. Louis

Late night report:There are reports that an agreement has been reached, and that the NFLRA will have a crew officiate tomorrow night's game vs. Browns & Ravens. The referees would officially ratify the agreement on Friday.It's coming from Judy Battista of the NY Times and Tony Softli of ESPN St. Louis
Jason La Canfora is now confirming this that agreement is in place and a REGULAR NFL Referee crew will officiate the Thursday Night game tomorrow. I hope its Hoculi!

Jason La Canfora is now confirming this that agreement is in place and a REGULAR NFL Referee crew will officiate the Thursday Night game tomorrow.
That's good news. If the regular refs weren't back for the Thursday game then they wouldn't have been used in Sunday games -- too much of an uneven playing field for teams playing Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting it confirmed now from a smattering of minor sources.

However, NFLN's Albert Breer is stating that the deal is not quite done yet, but it "could get done tonight or tomorrow morning". Considering that's the NFL's patsy reporter, I'm guessing that's what current state of talks are.

However, where there is smoke, there is fire; it appears we should have regular crews back this week or next week (at latest)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sources saying its not done:

NFLN's Albert Breer

ESPN's Adam Schefter

Sources saying it IS signed:

Everyone else.

Wait untill we are all reminded of how bad the real refs are. The problem isn't with the refs, it is with the rules.

Very exciting indeed. I just offered Alberto Riveron for Mike Carey in my referee fantasy league.

I may have to throw in a back judge.

Jim Daopoulos ‏@RefereeJimD

Looks like the NFL refs will be working starting Thursday in Balt. Deal appears to be completed

Retweeted by Chris Mortensen
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Text from someone in room about deal between NFL and NFLRA being signed: "Categorically untrue." Everyone hopes it's true soon enough.
Well that clears that up.

MarkMaske ‏@MarkMaske

Deal isn't signed yet but very, very close to done, according to a source, and plans are being made for regular refs to work Thursday.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanforaDeal with refs isn't imminent anymore... It's done! Regular refs are working Browns/Ravens Thurs.
:excited:
"NFL, referees closing in on deal." As per Nfl.com right now.To paraphrase Mark Twain: Reports of the death of the lockout are exaggerated."
11:46 PM ...NFL.com says "It's done!"
:lmao: The funniest part is the report Rotoworld is posted on Golden Tate's player page:http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/242450/report-nfl-nflra-ink-deal-will-work-thurs

Thank god. Or something.
Until we remember they make bad calls.
When they make bad calls, at least they will be made by the best of the best in the American football refereeing profession. It will be legitimate and understandable, in the grand scheme of things. Any human being doing this job would make mistakes, but at least when the real refs make the mistakes you can be reasonably certain that they had the best chance of getting it right from the get-go. It becomes a rare bad decision, or a moment of bad luck, that keeps the right call from being made--or not made, or seen at all. With the replacements it was not only inevitable, but expected after nearly EVERY play.These replacements were bad, slow, and probably most importantly, couldn't control the game after the whistle. It was dangerous, and now NFL games won't all be thugged-out brawls after every play.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanforaDeal with refs isn't imminent anymore... It's done! Regular refs are working Browns/Ravens Thurs.
:excited:
"NFL, referees closing in on deal." As per Nfl.com right now.To paraphrase Mark Twain: Reports of the death of the lockout are exaggerated."
11:46 PM ...NFL.com says "It's done!"
:lmao: The funniest part is the report Rotoworld is posted on Golden Tate's player page:http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/242450/report-nfl-nflra-ink-deal-will-work-thurs
yeah, that was a riot.think they're workin' tomorrow, btw.

Goodell is a genius! He has fans everywhere salivating at the return of adequately talented officials.

When keeping this in perspective, the replacement officials had zero experience at this level and still got about 98% of the calls right. What does that say about how difficult it is to be an NFL Official?

Yes, I'm glad they're back. But they are replaceable. Long live the dreaded union. :rolleyes:

We will be begging for the Lingerie League castoffs after tonight. They just got paid, time to turn into the ref version of chris jonson.

When they make bad calls, at least they will be made by the best of the best in the American football refereeing profession. It will be legitimate and understandable, in the grand scheme of things. Any human being doing this job would make mistakes, but at least when the real refs make the mistakes you can be reasonably certain that they had the best chance of getting it right from the get-go. It becomes a rare bad decision, or a moment of bad luck, that keeps the right call from being made--or not made, or seen at all. With the replacements it was not only inevitable, but expected after nearly EVERY play.These replacements were bad, slow, and probably most importantly, couldn't control the game after the whistle. It was dangerous, and now NFL games won't all be thugged-out brawls after every play.
:goodposting:

The respect and safety is enough for me to be excited about this. Yes, there will be bad calls because people are human but overall, I sense everyone in general will feel like there is a better product on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread