What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Roberts (1 Viewer)

wiscstlatlmia

Footballguy
through the first 4 games Roberts has 25 targets(6 targets per game) with 4 TDs.

Early season fluke or WR3 for the rest of the year?

ETA: I have not seen much of him this year(other than the TD against the Pats, but I remember him looking very promising at the end of last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not a complete fluke. He's basically picking up where he left off last year, when he had 38 catches for 453 yards in his last 9 games. That's roughly 67 catches and 805 yards over a 16 game season. He seems to have improved a bit since then.

I see him as a solid WR4 with the potential to become a high end WR3. Basically a great guy to start in bye weeks, but not quite a reliable weekly option yet. Another good game or two might push him over the hump.

He is really starting to look like a player though. I have him in a bunch of my dynasties and I like what I've seen this year:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap1000000067747/Roberts-46-yard-touchdown-catch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000067585/WK-4-Can-t-Miss-Play-Andre-s-heroics

He also had a 79 yard catch-and-run called back last week on a somewhat bogus blocking penalty.

Clearly trending upward. He is playing with a good deal of confidence right now and has separated himself from any other potential threats to his targets. I think he is a buy in redrafts and dynasty.

He looks great I'm just not confident in Arizona's offense. I've never seen an entire offensive line "fixed" in one off season.

Trending up, but I don't think his ceiling is all that high - probably tops out at a solid #3.

Trending up, but I don't think his ceiling is all that high - probably tops out at a solid #3.
I think his ceiling is Derrick Mason, a very similar receiver who never ranked among the very best in the league at any time, but still had a monster FF career with 8 1000+ yard seasons.

I think his ceiling is Derrick Mason, a very similar receiver who never ranked among the very best in the league at any time, but still had a monster FF career with 8 1000+ yard seasons.
:goodposting: Very good comp, I think Roberts has a little bit more separation ability than Mason with his quickness which would offer a few more big plays but otherwise they are very similar players imho.

Trend, but his production each week will depend on how often Kolb is asked to throw on any given game (only because he threw 27 and 24 times the previous 2 games and 48 versus miami).

Trend, but it will depend on how often Kolb or Skelton is asked to throw on any given game.
FixedI agree with EBF - WR4/Flex who could be used as WR3 if necessary in bye weeks but the inconsistency of the team makes it somewhat risky unless they get the running game fixed which I doubt at least for the short term but if you have to rely on him there will be some small weeks as well

This guy has WR2 upside tonight. I like what he is doing with his limited targets.

He looked okay and was open for 1-2 deep plays that Kolb missed.

This entire team besides Fitz is going to be inconsistent until they get their QB/OL situation stable.

I have a running spreadsheet using the historical data dominater.

So far this year he has 4 targets inside the 15, which puts him in good company. But he's caught three of those passes for three touchdowns (he didn't have any such targets tonight, but he did have one target and catch inside the 25). It's a small sample but considering that 40%+ TD rate on those targets is a really good number--last year, the highest rate on a decent amount of targets was Finley at 67%--Gronk was at 40%--I'd expect his touchdown totals to slow.

Started him tonight over some piles of garbage. Not all that great, but not a zero either. 10 targets and a carry is nice, but a total of 41 yards on all that action is pretty weak.

Ram's Defense didn't give cards a chance to run or Pass, and they were hurting people (cards) along the way. O'Line was at fault in my opinion. Interesting thought, How does Kolb feel? He has now been sacked 17 times in 5 days! Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kolb is not a good QB. He holds the ball way too long, doesn't check down often enough, doesn't anticipate well, and doesn't process information fast enough. Roberts looks like the second coming of Derrick Mason out there, but he's not immune to bad QB play. I think he's strictly a bye week guy going forward for FF purposes this season, though if you have some thin teams like me you'll be forced to start him more often than that.

I think the issues are mainly with the OLine. Kolb is a below average QB but with better line play he's certainly serviceable. I think Williams can be a very good RB, Fitz speaks for himself and Roberts is coming on as an excellent WR2 (NFL wise). Add in Housler at TE and a pretty good young Defense and they need to fix the OLine and then this team will be going places.

that line OTOH.....
Completely this.Kolb's no great shakes, but no one, outside of maybe Roethlisberger, would have done much good getting hit as much as he was last night. That OL is terribad.

9 sacks last night did not help this guys production.

I agree with the horrible OLine but Kolb seems frantic in the pocket, almost inviting sacks.

Part of the reason a QB gets hit that much is because he holds the ball too long.

Even a rookie like Luck would know better than to drop back and hold the ball forever against a rush like that.

Easy to blame the line, but the QB is culpable too.

Part of the reason a QB gets hit that much is because he holds the ball too long. Even a rookie like Luck would know better than to drop back and hold the ball forever against a rush like that. Easy to blame the line, but the QB is culpable too.
Very :goodposting:

I agree with the horrible OLine but Kolb seems frantic in the pocket, almost inviting sacks.
Not so sure about that. Kolb does tend to get happy feet when the pressure comes up the middle, but in this last game he was stepping up into the pocket and consistantly looking downfield to pass. It seem that when the pressure comes from the outside he handles it as well as anyone else.What is frustrating is that Kolb all too often is getting hit in sub 2 seconds on 3 and 4 man rushes. When 7 or 8 are dropping off into coverage your QB is going to have a hard time finding open receivers in sub 2 seconds.

Part of the reason a QB gets hit that much is because he holds the ball too long. Even a rookie like Luck would know better than to drop back and hold the ball forever against a rush like that. Easy to blame the line, but the QB is culpable too.
3 seconds is not too long on a 4 man rush. It is on an all out blitz.When 3 and 4 man rushses get home in sub 3 seconds consistantly, you have to look at the line first, not the QB.

Not so sure about that. Kolb does tend to get happy feet when the pressure comes up the middle, but in this last game he was stepping up into the pocket and consistantly looking downfield to pass. It seem that when the pressure comes from the outside he handles it as well as anyone else.What is frustrating is that Kolb all too often is getting hit in sub 2 seconds on 3 and 4 man rushes. When 7 or 8 are dropping off into coverage your QB is going to have a hard time finding open receivers in sub 2 seconds.
The dude missed so many open guys when he had the time the other night. He was a huge problem, just not as much as the OL.

'flapgreen said:
'renesauz said:
The dude missed so many open guys when he had the time the other night. He was a huge problem, just not as much as the OL.
Current numbers: 67/107 (62.6%), 7.0 pya, 7TD, 2Int. Current ranking: 15. (Actually, just noted those were his numbers coming into week 5)This behind what might be the worst pass-blocking line since the expansion Texans. Accuracy is one of Kolb's STRENGTHS, not one of his weaknesses.

'flapgreen said:
'renesauz said:
Current numbers: 67/107 (62.6%), 7.0 pya, 7TD, 2Int. Current ranking: 15. (Actually, just noted those were his numbers coming into week 5)This behind what might be the worst pass-blocking line since the expansion Texans. Accuracy is one of Kolb's STRENGTHS, not one of his weaknesses.
This on top of having essentially no running game to speak of

Thoughts on ROS now? He had another big game with 100+ yards and a TD this week on a team-high 9 targets. He's the #11 WR in standard scoring (Fitzgerald is #15).

Garbage time all star. Very hard to predict him week to week--if you need a bye week guy, I guess he's safe for 3-5 points with obviously big upside.

Garbage time all star. Very hard to predict him week to week--if you need a bye week guy, I guess he's safe for 3-5 points with obviously big upside.
Yeah...he is awful to predict..kinda like a Dev Henderson on roids...I have had him on my bench his two best weeks and had him in my lineup his three worst. If you are going to start someone like this, you need to commit to him...play him every week. Take the good with the bad, or else it is even more of a guessing game than this hobby typically is.

Andre Roberts is a really good player. It's just that the Cardinals have an awful quarterback and an awful offensive line. If he was on the Packers or something we could easily be talking about him like Victor Cruz.

As far as fantasy goes... yeah. It's going to be inconsistent with him. If you are in PPR, he's probably a pretty safe play as one of your lower WRs and will provide much more upside than a lot of other options, but other than that it's hard to count on him. Of course that could be said for many WRs.

He was the 18th ranked WR in my 12 team PPR league going into this week & didn't do anything to hurt his ranking today.

Even with those numbers, I can't get any value for him in a trade.

Any thoughts on Roberts for ROS? He's the #16 WR in standard scoring, still above Fitzgerald and hanging around with Welker and Calvin Johnson. Perhaps most importantly, he's #21 in targets.

Any thoughts on Roberts for ROS? He's the #16 WR in standard scoring, still above Fitzgerald and hanging around with Welker and Calvin Johnson. Perhaps most importantly, he's #21 in targets.
Well my thinking is when a guy closes out a season like last year looking good and showing promise (last 4 weeks of FF season 2011, PPR), such that he could be drafted as a flyer, and then many people don't draft him, and then he keeps producing, and then people still won't add him, and then he keeps producing... well I just take it as a sign from the fantasy heavens that I need to add him. So I have.I think people look and see Skelton and then LFitz is all-world, they just think Roberts can't be relied upon. I've now watched him in a couple games and I think he really looks pretty good. Floyd emerging worries me, and he's got some poor matchups, like CHI week 16, but he did well enough against SF and that's good enough for me.

He was just dropped in my league. Thinking of a waiver bid, however did notice that his playoff schedule not very good. Seattle week 14 and Chicago week 16 would be difficult to start him.

Users who are viewing this thread