What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody buying on Demarco Murray? (2 Viewers)

I just traded him. Once the Cowboys are out of contention, they will sit him even if he is "back". That's not that far off.
Garrett is going to be coaching for his job. When he's healthy, he'll play.
Speaking of...is he playing this week?
The early word is that he's doubtful to play (from Ed Werder, who has been the one reporting his status early every week). It seems like every week we're getting word that he'll be good to go the following week, but then on Tuesday or Wednesday, he's already being ruled out. With Mcfadden injured as well, I desperately need him back for week 11 (Lynch on bye as well)...but I'm quickly losing hope in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The early word is that he's doubtful to play (from Ed Werder, who has been the one reporting his status early every week). It seems like every week we're getting word that he'll be good to go the following week, but then on Tuesday or Wednesday, he's already being ruled out. With Mcfadden injured as well, I desperately need him back for week 11 (Lynch on bye as well)...but I'm quickly losing hope in that.
Have Dunbar? Felix is breaking down like a Hyundai in the 90s.

No. I just don't trust going with Dunbar with Felix and Tanner also there.

I dont get why it appears Dunbar has surpassed Tanner. Dunbar has looked entirely mediocre at best so far.

This is getting way out of hand.

A Cowboys team source tells beat writer Clarence Hill not to "count on" DeMarco Murray (foot) for a Week 11 return against the Browns."Things could change, but the Cowboys want him 100 percent. Not there yet," Hill added. Murray admitted on Sunday night that he still hasn't passed all of the physical tests, but that he's "hoping" to play against Cleveland. Felix Jones amassed 93 yards on 19 touches against the Eagles and would get another start if Murray can't suit up.

This is getting way out of hand.

A Cowboys team source tells beat writer Clarence Hill not to "count on" DeMarco Murray (foot) for a Week 11 return against the Browns."Things could change, but the Cowboys want him 100 percent. Not there yet," Hill added. Murray admitted on Sunday night that he still hasn't passed all of the physical tests, but that he's "hoping" to play against Cleveland. Felix Jones amassed 93 yards on 19 touches against the Eagles and would get another start if Murray can't suit up.
It's looking like McFadden last year...week-to-week, and nothing good ever comes of it.

Yeah, at this point I'm expecting IR for him. This thing is lingering and he's been "expected to be back next week" for four weeks now.

Well we are now taking to wildly speculating that he may play this week or be out for the season. Until we get something credible, it's just wild guesses.

Was offered DMurray and Crabtree for Lynch in dynasty league...right now I think only way I do that is if Felix is coming with from this owner

'Sabertooth said:
Well we are now taking to wildly speculating that he may play this week or be out for the season. Until we get something credible, it's just wild guesses.
To be fair, I think I'm the only one saying anything about him being placed on IR...and it's just a gut feeling. Obviously it's a wild guess, because no one from the team or anywhere else has given us anything tangible at this point.This just reminds me of the DMC injury from last year, where week after week he's "almost back", and then on Tuesday or Wednesday, we find out that he probably won't play. I have no hope in getting him back this season, and if he manages to be back before the fantasy playoffs, I'll be thrilled.

DeMarco Murray (foot) will not practice Wednesday.The Cowboys have already hinted that Murray will be held out at least another week. After Sunday's very winnable home game against the Browns, they will host the Redskins four days later on Thanksgiving. Coach Jason Garrett still wants to see Murray practice before putting him in a game. "I guess the only thing you could say is we won't have really full practices next week, so can you really evaluate him? But we’ll take his situation day by day," Garrett said.
My God. Last time I'm ever drafting this guy. I don't understand how a guy could leave a game, come back the next quarter for one series, claim he wanted to return for the full game, and then proceed to be out 5-6 weeks for that very same injury.So frustrating. Earliest we're looking at now is Week 13. And if he doesn't return by then, we're talking about fantasy playoffs. Playoffs? Hats off to whoever would feel comfortable enough to throw him into their lineups during his very first game back in fantasy playoffs.

DeMarco Murray (foot) will not practice Wednesday.The Cowboys have already hinted that Murray will be held out at least another week. After Sunday's very winnable home game against the Browns, they will host the Redskins four days later on Thanksgiving. Coach Jason Garrett still wants to see Murray practice before putting him in a game. "I guess the only thing you could say is we won't have really full practices next week, so can you really evaluate him? But we’ll take his situation day by day," Garrett said.
My God. Last time I'm ever drafting this guy. I don't understand how a guy could leave a game, come back the next quarter for one series, claim he wanted to return for the full game, and then proceed to be out 5-6 weeks for that very same injury.So frustrating. Earliest we're looking at now is Week 13. And if he doesn't return by then, we're talking about fantasy playoffs. Playoffs? Hats off to whoever would feel comfortable enough to throw him into their lineups during his very first game back in fantasy playoffs.
My problem is I dont know what i should be trading murray for in redraft league... I know some owner will take a chance on him... but like you said, if he doesnt practice at all this week we'd be lucky to get him back by week 13.what kind of value should i take in a trade with murray? Reggie Bush? BJGE? I'd almost rather roll the dice than try those guys... thoughts?

My problem is I dont know what i should be trading murray for in redraft league... I know some owner will take a chance on him... but like you said, if he doesnt practice at all this week we'd be lucky to get him back by week 13.what kind of value should i take in a trade with murray? Reggie Bush? BJGE? I'd almost rather roll the dice than try those guys... thoughts?
Last week, I traded Andrew Luck & Jacquizz for him. 12 team, non-ppr.

What's your backup to Murray? I assume you can find something not so much worse than BJGE on waivers. I'm rolling the dice on Murray... Only one guy wins the league and that guy is the guy with enough pops when playoffs hit. Nothing I can trade him for could open the door to the upside he has if he ever decides to return.. and if he never returns no biggie cause Bush or BJGE aren't that much better than a plug anyway

What's your backup to Murray? I assume you can find something not so much worse than BJGE on waivers. I'm rolling the dice on Murray... Only one guy wins the league and that guy is the guy with enough pops when playoffs hit. Nothing I can trade him for could open the door to the upside he has if he ever decides to return.. and if he never returns no biggie cause Bush or BJGE aren't that much better than a plug anyway
Agree. Time to get out of "win this week" mode and start thinking about that lineup that can hit when the playoffs roll. Of course, if you are scratching to make the playoffs, that is different, but overall, if its just a matter of having aplayer for the playoofs, I'd just wait and hope the glass is half full (he should be WELL rested by the time the playoffs begin).

DeMarco Murray (foot) will not practice Wednesday.The Cowboys have already hinted that Murray will be held out at least another week. After Sunday's very winnable home game against the Browns, they will host the Redskins four days later on Thanksgiving. Coach Jason Garrett still wants to see Murray practice before putting him in a game. "I guess the only thing you could say is we won't have really full practices next week, so can you really evaluate him? But weâ€ll take his situation day by day," Garrett said.
Yup. I am in a pretty good position of pretty much having the #1 seed (and a week 14 bye locked up), so I'm spending these weeks on building a ton of RB depth. I like my receivers, but with the way running backs go down, it's important to have as many players as possible who can perform in that position (Behind Lynch I have Murray, Mcfadden, Stewart, Daniel Thomas, Reece, and Turbin) . Demarco Murray may be frustrating now, but if you have the ability to hold him for a while, you may have a guy with fresh legs in the fantasy playoffs. That's always a good thing.Personally, I have studs at QB, WR, and TE, so if I can get Murray back with fresh legs for the playoffs, he could very well be the piece that wins me a championship.

'Shutout said:
'kuha said:
'iamkoza said:
'nb009 said:
Agree. Time to get out of "win this week" mode and start thinking about that lineup that can hit when the playoffs roll. Of course, if you are scratching to make the playoffs, that is different, but overall, if its just a matter of having aplayer for the playoofs, I'd just wait and hope the glass is half full (he should be WELL rested by the time the playoffs begin).
Im guessing most people with Reggie or BJGE arent in a guaranteed playoff position. If I had Murray at this point, I think I'd easily trade him straight up for either of those RBs who are clear cut starters albeit mediocre ones. Murray is in the position of guys I typically try to trade for right before the deadline, but I have no interest in him at this point. I was buying before the injury, but ever since he missed a game, all the news surrounding him has stunk.If I had Murray I probably be trying to sell him to a top 3 team based on his upside for a bench player of theirs that would start for my team. Id easily trade Murray for Reg Bush this year and not be worried about it coming back to hurt me.

The latest from RW:

Cowboys declared WR Andre Holmes, CB Mike Jenkins, RB DeMarco Murray, OG David Arkin, G/C Ryan Cook, C Phil Costa, and DE Sean Lissemore inactive for Week 11 against the Browns.

No surprises here. Murray seems to be targeting a Week 12 return from the foot injury the Cowboys insist isn't a Lisfranc sprain. Felix Jones will start. Nov 18 - 11:51 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6954/andre-holmes

He hasn't been IR'ed, so it would seem that the 'Boys are being truthful :unsure:

I guess it should be expected now, but this drags on and on:

Cowboys sources tell the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that DeMarco Murray (foot) and LT Tyron Smith (ankle) are not expected to play on Thanksgiving Day against the Redskins.

Jermey Parnell will replace Smith, which is an obvious concern for Dallas' passing game. There is optimism that Smith's high ankle sprain is mild, but it's definitely going to cost him one game. Felix Jones, who suffered a knee injury in Sunday's win over the Browns but played through it, will get another start at tailback. Murray remains week to week with a foot injury the Cowboys insist isn't of the Lisfranc variety. There is still no timetable for his return.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram Nov 19 - 6:16 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6585/demarco-murray

I'm going to be shocked if he plays another game this season.
If that were the case Dallas wouldve thrown him on IR already to open up a roster spot. I realize Dallas wants to be optimistic since Murray is so valuable to the offense but I cant imagine at this point that they feel he wont play again this season.

Do they draft someone or at least sign a FA next year? It would be nice to see DeAngelo or SJax in this offense, especially if they use their first two picks on the o-line.

Do they draft someone or at least sign a FA next year? It would be nice to see DeAngelo or SJax in this offense, especially if they use their first two picks on the o-line.
I really don't think so, Jerry loves Murray. He'll get another season to prove he can carry the load.After seeing him re-emerge a bit with a horrific OL the past couple weeks, I'm a bit curious to see where Felix Jones ends up in FA assuming he doesn't re-sign for cheap with Dallas.

After seeing him re-emerge a bit with a horrific OL the past couple weeks, I'm a bit curious to see where Felix Jones ends up in FA assuming he doesn't re-sign for cheap with Dallas.
:lmao:

what games have you been watching? Felix hasnt preformed very well. Average at best and thats being modest.

After seeing him re-emerge a bit with a horrific OL the past couple weeks, I'm a bit curious to see where Felix Jones ends up in FA assuming he doesn't re-sign for cheap with Dallas.
:lmao:

what games have you been watching? Felix hasnt preformed very well. Average at best and thats being modest.
He's looked better than he has in the last year. A couple runs were even bordering on impressive, for a moment. That's not much to go on, but with how desperate and deserted the FF RB landscape is...it's worth thinking about. Especially since he's finding the endzone and getting targets. Again, he's not looking like a star, but he's looking competent at least, behind a bad OL.

He's looked better than he has in the last year. A couple runs were even bordering on impressive, for a moment. That's not much to go on, but with how desperate and deserted the FF RB landscape is...it's worth thinking about. Especially since he's finding the endzone and getting targets. Again, he's not looking like a star, but he's looking competent at least, behind a bad OL.
True, sorta. I watch all the Dallas games so I'm aware of what he can and cant do. He does produce some plays that get you excited and then at times you just shake your head. Ive been very critical of the play calling this year also and like you said the offensive line has been a train wreck for the most part. Tyron Smith goes down and it gets scarier.

I traded for Murray and am not sure what to expect with the offense not producing efficiently in the red zone.

I really don't think so, Jerry loves Murray. He'll get another season to prove he can carry the load.After seeing him re-emerge a bit with a horrific OL the past couple weeks, I'm a bit curious to see where Felix Jones ends up in FA assuming he doesn't re-sign for cheap with Dallas.
If his poor performance pre-injury isn't enough to warrant it, his injury history has to be enough that Jerry won't be pushing all his chips in on Murray next year. At a minimum they bring Felix back, but even if he doesn't go after a big name like DeAngelo or Jackson, they might grab a lesser guy like Mendenhall.Here is the list of FAs:SJaxFelixReggieJackie Battle (j/k - he is a FA, but I'm not serious)HillisBlountMendenhallGreeneBensonBlountJacobsDeAngelo likely cut

This seems way too obvious, but it's the latest:

DallasCowboys.com "(doesn't) know when" DeMarco Murray (foot) will return.

No one has a firm grasp on when Murray might be back, but it's notable that the team's official website is admitting as much. Murray will miss his sixth straight game on Thursday afternoon, and isn't sounding particularly likely to return in Week 13. The temptation to drop Murray is understandable, but he has the upside to save your season if he can return for the fantasy playoffs. He needs to be held in 12-14 team leagues. Nov 22 - 12:00 PM

Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

This seems way too obvious, but it's the latest:DallasCowboys.com "(doesn't) know when" DeMarco Murray (foot) will return.No one has a firm grasp on when Murray might be back, but it's notable that the team's official website is admitting as much. Murray will miss his sixth straight game on Thursday afternoon, and isn't sounding particularly likely to return in Week 13. The temptation to drop Murray is understandable, but he has the upside to save your season if he can return for the fantasy playoffs. He needs to be held in 12-14 team leagues. Nov 22 - 12:00 PMSource: Bryan Broaddus on Twitterhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6585/demarco-murray
Holy crap, you have to be kidding me. I thought next week was the week that at least he was getting close. I am getting the feeling more and more that as someone else said in this thread, that this is a DMC situation. I don't desperately need him because of my luck in drafting CJ Spiller late, but this is getting crazy to me.

Career numbers:Murray 18 of 22 possible games played (82%)Felix 54 of 70 possible games played (77%) (48/54 over the last four years).Murray 239 carries for 1227 yards (5.1 per)Felix 479 carries for 2431 yards (5.1 per)Murray 43 catches for 301 yards (7.0 per)Felix 109 catches for 881 yards (8.1 per)Narratives are popular because they're simple. But I think the one about Murray being a better back is wrong.
Thought this was as good a time as any to revisit using only this year's numbers as starters... conveniently clean since Murray started weeks 1-4 and Jones weeks 6-12:Murray: 61-237-1 (3.89 ypc) and 16-114-0 (7.13 ypr), 1 TD on 76 touchesFelix: 91-322-3 (3.54 ypc) and 19-194-2 (10.2 ypr), 5 TDs on 110 touches

When I think of the FA that I could have picked up instead of tying up a roster spot on Murray it makes me ill.
Same here... thing is, season is so late that there's no point in dropping him now. Just gotta hope he can make a splash in the the last 2 weeks or so of fantasy playoffs.

Career numbers:Murray 18 of 22 possible games played (82%)Felix 54 of 70 possible games played (77%) (48/54 over the last four years).Murray 239 carries for 1227 yards (5.1 per)Felix 479 carries for 2431 yards (5.1 per)Murray 43 catches for 301 yards (7.0 per)Felix 109 catches for 881 yards (8.1 per)Narratives are popular because they're simple. But I think the one about Murray being a better back is wrong.
Thought this was as good a time as any to revisit using only this year's numbers as starters... conveniently clean since Murray started weeks 1-4 and Jones weeks 6-12:Murray: 61-237-1 (3.89 ypc) and 16-114-0 (7.13 ypr), 1 TD on 76 touchesFelix: 91-322-3 (3.54 ypc) and 19-194-2 (10.2 ypr), 5 TDs on 110 touches
why do you not include Murray's stats vs Ravens? he started that game

I saw Felix's #s from that game and assumed he was the starter. Also recalled that Murray had finished the game where he got hurt and wasn't able to go the next week. Took a look and you're right. And it makes Murray's ypc go up to something like 4.4 while his ypr drops to 6.9.Though their career rushing #s are still roughly the same, and Jones still holds a pretty decent receiving advantage.

I saw Felix's #s from that game and assumed he was the starter. Also recalled that Murray had finished the game where he got hurt and wasn't able to go the next week.
Murray did not finish the game against the Ravens. He got hurt right before halftime, and he tried to play one down after the half in something like the second series, and he had he to come back out due to too much pain on his foot. He basically only played one half.

Jones is not near as good as Murray this year according to ypc. 4.4-3.6, jones is an interesting guy in how many times he has been over and under rated, written off prematurely and overhyped but it's clear he's no Murray this season both with the eye test and the numbers

The news is somewhat better at the start of this week:

ESPN's Ed Werder confirms DeMarco Murray (foot) will attempt to practice Wednesday, but he's "not guaranteed" to play versus the Eagles in Week 13.

Murray's availability hinges on the foot's response to an increased practice workload. It's a bit of a concern that Murray has been unable to pass his strength and range-of-motion tests the past couple of weeks. We wouldn't count on having him as a fantasy option for Week 13.

Related: Felix Jones

Source: ESPN Dallas Nov 27 - 5:02 PM

:popcorn:

DeMarco Murray (foot) is participating in Wednesday's practice, as expected.

It's a major step for Murray since this is his first actual practice since going down in early October. However, it doesn't mean he'll definitely suit up against the Eagles Sunday. The Cowboys are anxious to see if he can cut at 100 percent and how his foot responds to the increased activity. "Pain is a part of it," coach Jason Garrett said. "Your body tells you what it's capable of doing, and that's one of the ways it does. But I also think it's just performance." We'll know more as the week moves along.

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter Nov 28 - 12:29 PM

Users who are viewing this thread