What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt did not play at all during the Titans 10-play, 94-yard game-winning drive Sunday.
Plagued by drops, penalties and ill-advised tweets, Britt is getting phased out in Tennessee. Jake Locker actually asked for rookie Justin Hunter to be in the game late, not Britt. Hunter's snaps at the X spot figure to grow, while Britt is not anything close to a fantasy asset right now. He has five catches for 43 yards and no touchdowns through three weeks.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

It would be great if Tennessee could ship him to Detroit. At this point they should take anything they can get.

I have him as my WR3 in my main league. Not where I wanted him at all (I like him as a WR4) but taking Gronk + owning the RB position can lead to that.

I'm not moving him. He has shown the ability, he's working, he's not getting arrested (this month lol) and he's in a contract year.
Same deal here. He's my #3 in the league I care about. Limping around all year last season, he was just off 1000yd pace. There is no reason for him to play in the 4th preseason game, so I see no reason to fret about this. I'm more than willing to let the season play out and see if he can muster one or two good games in the 1st four weeks of the season. He is talented, and still young and an upside play. And yes, I'm probably overly optimistic about him, but I like the patience the coaching staff is showing with him. They might be thinking the same thing
I like him as an upside play, but what part of 589 yards in 14 games equates to "just off 1000 yd pace"???

I think Locker's presence makes Britt an even riskier play. He's got one of the best chances for 1200/10 out of the guys in his ADP range, but his floor is really low, too.
After looking back, yes, I was overly optimistic - I had thought he missed more games than two.

Is there any reason to hold onto him in a twelve team league? I'm still heasitating to dump him, based on upside, but why? Can someone make the case for me to dump him?

And this pops up -

The Nashville Tennessean is "sure" the Titans would listen to trade offers for Kenny Britt, but is "skeptical" they could get a meaningful return.
Coming off a lost 2012 and off to a disastrous start, Britt wouldn't fetch more than a day-three pick, and likely a low-end one at that. In other words, it might not even be worth it for Tennessee to sell low on its former No. 1 receiver, even in a walk year. The Lions, 49ers, Patriots, Ravens, Eagles and Panthers are just a few of the teams with a big-time need at receiver, however, so it would be far from surprising if someone eventually took the plunge.

Why would a trade help his value? Certainly wouldnt hurt it..

ANY pick for a WR who is basically refusing to play, is a good move.

ANY pick for a player the QB has asked to SIT OUT the most important drive of the game, is a good move

Why is this even a question?

You ditch a problem, and a salary and get a player who may pan out instead in the draft

I'll be shocked if anyone gives the Titans anything at all for Britt. They'd be renting him for 13 games, who knows if he can even still play, he's #####ing about his role in the media, and he's a huge risk for off-field embarrassment. Plenty of teams will kick the tires for free next offseason, but no one's gonna cough up a pick, even a 7th, for a dude with this much baggage.

I'll be shocked if anyone gives the Titans anything at all for Britt. They'd be renting him for 13 games, who knows if he can even still play, he's #####ing about his role in the media, and he's a huge risk for off-field embarrassment. Plenty of teams will kick the tires for free next offseason, but no one's gonna cough up a pick, even a 7th, for a dude with this much baggage.
on a good team, not a sure thing 7th would even make team...if team thinks they can rehabilitate him, the advantage to a trade is not having to compete for his services...

2013 could be 13 game audition to see if worth re-signing...

that said, due to so many issues on and off the field, i don't think I would want the headache, even at a bargain bin price...

Last edited by a moderator:
on a good team, not a sure thing 7th would even make team...if team thinks they can rehabilitate him, the advantage to a trade is not having to compete for his services...

2013 could be 13 game audition to see if worth re-signing...

that said, due to so many issues on and off the field, i don't think I would want the headache, even at a bargain bin price...
Anything is possible, but is a good team really going to want to insert a clown like Britt into their lockerroom to potentially complain about targets and / or get arrested again? I'm all in on the dude in dynasty (albeit having bought really low every time after various arrests and injuries), and would love to see it happen, but as I said, I'd be pretty surprised. NFL GMs are generally a pretty conservative bunch.

I found this take on Britt at Fantasy Sharks under The Fire Sale Week 4 having to do with waiver wire thoughts:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/artman2/publish/The_Fire_Sale10.htm?page=4

Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee – I’ve often referred to Britt as a tease. I’ve said he’s like a hot girl who constantly flirts with you but she will never be anything more than a friend. Britt has always had physical ability but he’s never put it all together and reached his full potential.

This year, however, Britt is no longer a tease. Now he’s like the hot girl who went away to college and gained 25 pounds. He’s not a tease, he’s not interesting, you don’t want to talk to him, you just want Britt to go away and leave you alone, forever. Britt has so little fantasy relevance now that he’s currently the third best fantasy receiver on his own team behind Kendall Wright and Nate Washington . In a couple of weeks he may be behind Justin Hunter, also.

Britt claims the Titans are pulling a “Jared Cook ” where they aren’t using him on purpose. Well, I used to think the Titans were pulling a “Jared Cook ,” too. Then he went out and had a huge game Week 1 with the St. Louis Rams and I was convinced Cook, Britt and I were right. Since that game, though, Cook hasn’t done much, so for now the Rams must be pulling a “Jared Cook ” too because he isn’t getting me any stinking fantasy points.

I have people asking me if they should start Britt. Start him? I don’t even know why he’s still on your team. When are you going to use him? I’m sure he’ll have one big game this season. So will 100 other NFL receivers.
Brian Quick will have a big game at some point; is he on your roster too? At this point, Britt is no more than a WR4/5 and I’m being generous because I’m in a good mood.

I found this take on Britt at Fantasy Sharks under The Fire Sale Week 4 having to do with waiver wire thoughts:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/artman2/publish/The_Fire_Sale10.htm?page=4

Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee – I’ve often referred to Britt as a tease. I’ve said he’s like a hot girl who constantly flirts with you but she will never be anything more than a friend. Britt has always had physical ability but he’s never put it all together and reached his full potential.

This year, however, Britt is no longer a tease. Now he’s like the hot girl who went away to college and gained 25 pounds. He’s not a tease, he’s not interesting, you don’t want to talk to him, you just want Britt to go away and leave you alone, forever. Britt has so little fantasy relevance now that he’s currently the third best fantasy receiver on his own team behind Kendall Wright and Nate Washington . In a couple of weeks he may be behind Justin Hunter, also.

Britt claims the Titans are pulling a “Jared Cook ” where they aren’t using him on purpose. Well, I used to think the Titans were pulling a “Jared Cook ,” too. Then he went out and had a huge game Week 1 with the St. Louis Rams and I was convinced Cook, Britt and I were right. Since that game, though, Cook hasn’t done much, so for now the Rams must be pulling a “Jared Cook ” too because he isn’t getting me any stinking fantasy points.

I have people asking me if they should start Britt. Start him? I don’t even know why he’s still on your team. When are you going to use him? I’m sure he’ll have one big game this season. So will 100 other NFL receivers. Brian Quick will have a big game at some point; is he on your roster too? At this point, Britt is no more than a WR4/5 and I’m being generous because I’m in a good mood.
This about sums it up. Best case scenario he gets traded. But that presumes that the reason he has sucked this season is because of situation and not effort. What if he really is just a lackadaisical, ego-centric guy who thinks he can get by forever on talent? If that's the case, then a change of scenery won't help. Again, best case scenario is a trade to Detroit where he won't be focal point of offense and where his ego hopefully will be kept in check, and he will gets some decent looks against the second best corner back. In that scenario, I see him as a good WR3--if his attitude doesn't hold him back. But in the meantime I think it is hard to keep him rostered in re-draft. In dynasty you can only hold and hope.

ANY pick for a player the QB has asked to SIT OUT the most important drive of the game, is a good move

You ditch a problem, and a salary and get a player who may pan out instead in the draft
Where did you read that? Saying here in Nashville he has a fractured rib from a hit he took.

Where did you read that? Saying here in Nashville he has a fractured rib from a hit he took.
I just saw the fractured "slight rib fracture" claim too. And I also saw that he expects to practice tomorrow. With a fractured rib? I don't know but something stinks if you ask me.

I think Britt is a lost cause, can't see the Titans getting anything higher than a 6th for him at this point. You know that when a team openly dogs their WR in the media, he has 0 value. NFL GMs are smarter then to drive their players stock down before looking to unload him. IMO, this gets ugly. The Titans put up with his nonsense and got nothing in return on the field, this could potentially be Bucs/Keyshawn-esq. They know this is his contract year and they know he's looking for another payday. Best revenge? Bench him and if he acts up? Suspend him for conduct which further blackballs him. I think the Titans have given up on Britt and are now expediting the reaping of what he sowed.

Proven headcase receivers without injury issues are traded for pretty cheap: Santonio Holmes for a 4th, Marshall for 2 2nds (okay, not cheap) and then a 3rd the other time, I believe. Moss for a 4th, and then a 3rd the next time.

These guys were producers. Big time. Proven playmakers.

I have always been a Britt guy, but other than different shorter periods of great production years ago, he's got no proven production. And he's generally regarded as a headcase. And now, he's regarded as a guy who doesn't give a #### about football.

He's worth crap. And if he's traded, its because the Titans wanted to be rid of him, not because they got a good deal. They'll probably take whatever they can get at this point, outside the division.

I just saw the fractured "slight rib fracture" claim too. And I also saw that he expects to practice tomorrow. With a fractured rib? I don't know but something stinks if you ask me.
Britt stinks either way. The hit he took was nasty, though.

I picked him up after he was dropped in our shallow dynasty league. He's a placekeeper unless he gets traded to the Lions. I have to pull Andre Brown off IR around week 11. Britt will either have established himself by then or he'll be an easy cut.

I picked him up after he was dropped in our shallow dynasty league. He's a placekeeper unless he gets traded to the Lions. I have to pull Andre Brown off IR around week 11. Britt will either have established himself by then or he'll be an easy cut.
IMO he pretty much has no chance of doing anything at all this year unless he gets traded. But he might land somewhere good next year. NE needs WRs badly and has a history of signing talented headcases at WR, for example (hey, a Britt owner can hope, can't I?).

That's my thought. If he got traded to New England or Detroit you might have something. If not, he's an end of the roster type of kid. I laugh because this knucklehead keeps ending up on my teams.

If they make a move for a guy it better be someone who can catch the football. Not interested in Little or Britt because of the inconsistent hands.

That's my thought. If he got traded to New England or Detroit you might have something. If not, he's an end of the roster type of kid. I laugh because this knucklehead keeps ending up on my teams.
+1 For whatever reason, the guy is ALWAYS on my team.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt reiterated that he expects to play through a slight rib fracture.
Rib fractures can be easily aggravated and extremely painful to play with. This should be the opening the Titans need to start rotating Justin Hunter in heavily at the X spot. Kendall Wright's uptick in targets should continue as well. Even before sustaining this injury, Britt was a liability on the field.

Related: Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter

Source: Nashville Tennessean

I wonder if the Titans would get a compensatory pick for Britt if they just let him walk at the end of the season. If they could get say a 6th round compensatory pick in 2015 it may hinder any possibilities of trades.

unckeyherb said:
Sabertooth said:
+2. Got him cheap last year, and kept him this year. But I cut him a couple weeks ago.

Quez said:
I wonder if the Titans would get a compensatory pick for Britt if they just let him walk at the end of the season. If they could get say a 6th round compensatory pick in 2015 it may hinder any possibilities of trades.
Pretty sure compensatory picks are based on the player's production. If they're intent on not really using him, then that compensatory pick may not happen at all, let alone be a 6th. At best, I think they'd be hoping for a 7th, which I would think a WR needy team would be willing to part with... especially one with a deep roster and extra picks next year (of which a few exist).

Regarding Britt's attitude - yes, absolutely he's a headcase. But don't underestimate a headcase's motivation in a contract year. This could definitely get ugly though, especially if Britt has reached the point where he stops trying because he truly believes no matter what he does, they won't throw him the ball.

Trade is the best case scenario for everyone involved - Titans for getting rid of him and getting something for him instead of letting him walk, Britt for a change of scenery, and fantasy owners for a chance at value.

Quez said:
At his current rate of on-field production this year, compared to what the Titans bring in next year, it's likely they'd get nothing in the way of compensatory picks. Those are issued based on the value of net postive gain or loss in free agency toward the next season's draft, which would be 2015. Britt's name value or original draft status doesn't matter, only his 2013 production. They need to trade him for whatever they can get and move on.

unckeyherb said:
Sabertooth said:
+1 here too. He's killing me in my 32 team salary cap league. I'm paying him as my #1 WR since I bought in to all the preseason hype of him being a dominating #1. Now I'm stuck starting the likes of Dwayne Harris, Alshon Jeffery, and Andre Roberts.

Britt, I will never own you again for the rest of my Fantasy football life.

Rotoworld:

Updating an earlier item, Kenny Britt's (ribs) status is considered "up in the air" for Week 4.
Britt was thought to be on track to play after returning to practice Thursday, but coach Mike Munchak said he "didn't do as much as (we) thought he might today." If you were for some reason planning to start Britt, you need to find an alternative.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Punted for Percy Harvin in a deep bench redraft. If I'm going to take 0 I'd rather it be with a guy that has way more upside when he returns than this waste of space.

Report: Kenny Britt offers fielded by Tennessee Titans

By Kevin Patra

Around the League writer

Kenny Britt said earlier this season it looked like this would be his last year as a Tennessee Titan. Now, he might not even last until the end of the season.

The Titans are fielding offers for the wide receiver, ESPN reported Sunday. The team said it's not actively trying to trade Britt.

The emergence of rookie wide receiver Justin Hunter -- whom teammates and coaches have spoken about glowingly -- alongside Kendall Wright has made Britt expendable.

The question remains what a team is willing to give up for a talented but maddeningly inconsistent receiver.

The Titans even considered cutting Britt in the offseason, according to the ESPN report, but ultimately decided his upside was too great.

The Titans are unlikely to get a whole lot back in return for Britt, who was declared inactive for Sunday's game against the New York Jets. But if they were considering cutting him before, any compensation would be better than nothing.

The Detroit Lions make some sense with a need opposite Calvin Johnson (Ryan Broyles will move inside with Nate Burleson out with an arm injury).

However, Lions general manager Martin Mayhew might decide he's sick of being burned by taking chances on talented players with question marks.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" previewed every Week 4 game. Click here to listen and subscribe.

"Hello? You're calling about Kenny Britt? Yeah, he's available and we're fielding offers but we're not actively shopping him. Feel free to make an offer though. Any offer we'll consider. No, really, just throw something out there. I mean anything. Seriously, gimme an offer. Not actively shopping him though, remember that."

Has anyone thrown out Mikel Leshoure for Kenny Britt? or Leshoure + 7th for Britt??

Make it happen Lions GM!
why does tennesse want LeShoure?
CJ1.4YPC.
Horrible play calling or they just flat out didn't plan to run on the Jets. I would guess 95% or more were him just slamming into the line for the sake of saying they ran the ball, don't forget we could if we wanted to. I don't think he ran to the corner or out wide once. The Jets DL was awesome and I think they knew they could destroy em with the pass. Much of the second half, they put Battle in to do this very same thing-the occasional bulldoze attempt.

Britt about got proven to be a cancer yesterday as neither their passing offense nor Locker has ever looked so good.

Traded him and Holmes in my dynasty league for Robert Woods three days ago and people said I lost out on the deal. I may not have gotten anything for either of them after this week. Of course with my luck he'll go to the Lions and be a top 10 WR now. But I am glad to have that headache gone.

Rotoworld:

Titans GM Ruston Webster said he has received "a call or two" about Kenny Britt's trade availability.
The Titans are clearly open to trading Britt, even if the following quote doesn't illustrate that because Webster is trying to stay coy. "There has been a call or two, but nothing with anything major," said Webster. "We're not making calls." The Titans want to get rookie Justin Hunter more playing time.

Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter

he dropped the ball and didn't seem to return til the second half when he dropped two(?) more and finally made a catch.

He has zero trouble getting open- still don't believe the he lost a step arguments.

I don't know what his deal is, but he needs make a video where he catches 100 passes from the jugs machine and send that to the other 31 GMs or no one will trade for him. One hit both hands then his chest and he still didn't grab it. It's disturbing. I almost wish there's like a vision problem where some doc could say he needs glasses and it's all fixed. No one is going to trade for a WR that can't catch.

Even worse is his demeanor AFTER drops. He seems to be laughing after the drop. Yes, I know that certain people have different personalities, but the LAST thing he should be doing in a contract year during a BAD season after drop after drop after drop is laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread