What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (1 Viewer)

Sitting him for Crabtree in non-PPR. I would also sit him for Denarius Moore, Steve Johnson, and Malcom Floyd, just to reference a few names listed here. Palmer's gonna have to throw a lot to keep up with Atlanta, and I think the Palmer-Moore connection is gonna take off this week. But I would play Britt over Hartline and Sidney Rice.

Ultimately, like others have said, you play Britt this week over some of these other names if you think you need his high upside to win a match you're not favored to win. If you feel confident you can get a win this week...sit him. I could see a 7/95/1 performance, but the more likely line is something like 4/42/0.

I am tempted with Palomalu out....but I'd really like to SEE britt revert to his old self at least once before plugging him into my lineup.

I'm going with Rice over Britt this week. I decided to see what he does tonight before I start him with confidence.

Like what i'm seeing so far...hasslebeck definitely looking for him often. Although he is kind of bobbling those catches just a little bit.

Like what i'm seeing so far...hasslebeck definitely looking for him often. Although he is kind of bobbling those catches just a little bit.
Not surprising to see some rust. The first catch was a tough grab, second was a defensive penalty and he was held up.

It's good to see Kenny's body back in game shape and close to 100%.

Perhaps he'll be nice enough not to leave his brain on the sidelines next week against the Bills.

Then again, he may not need it against that defense.

Looks in shape and has seen 8 targets so far. If he can get a a few more catches I would be content with him this week as my flex.

Barring injury, welcome to my lineup for the rest of the season, Kenny. Good to have you back.

TD, but man is he having an awful game overall.
To be fair, he's had what, 2-3 full practices all year? He's gotta be rusty, and it's nice to see him targeted as much as he had with no evidence of injury (yet - fingers crossed). We all know what he can do. In the coming weeks, barring injury, he'll be doing it.

Nice numbers tonight against the Steelers, he's still probably not at 100% and hasn't played or practiced much. Next week vs the Bills is when he could really go off. :thumbup:

TD, but man is he having an awful game overall.
To be fair, he's had what, 2-3 full practices all year? He's gotta be rusty, and it's nice to see him targeted as much as he had with no evidence of injury (yet - fingers crossed). We all know what he can do. In the coming weeks, barring injury, he'll be doing it.
Agreed. He would have been a decent start, but nothing that makes you real upset you didn't start him. I am liking him going forward from here.What I really liked about the TD was the way he threw his helmet down going to the bench. I know he was kidding around later, but I like that he was upset at himself for dropping the first one and bobbling the second.

Hmmm, interesting responses in here. Britt has a great game by the numbers, but not real good overall. Several drops, multiple bobbles, and wrong routes.

Two weeks ago, Dez Bryant has a very similar type of game (minus a TD) and he was blasted by the FF community.

What gives?

Hmmm, interesting responses in here. Britt has a great game by the numbers, but not real good overall. Several drops, multiple bobbles, and wrong routes. Two weeks ago, Dez Bryant has a very similar type of game (minus a TD) and he was blasted by the FF community.What gives?
Probably the difference between their ADP's and teams that they play for. Britt also has somewhat of an excuse since he's coming off an injury, doesn't have Romo throwing him the ball and hasn't played or practiced much at all. I do agree that this was a very Dez-like performance, except Britt doesn't have as much trouble with his route running and is a bigger TD threat, while Dez is much more faster and not as injury-prone.

Hmmm, interesting responses in here. Britt has a great game by the numbers, but not real good overall. Several drops, multiple bobbles, and wrong routes. Two weeks ago, Dez Bryant has a very similar type of game (minus a TD) and he was blasted by the FF community.What gives?
Britt has a history of delivering good stats and great games (for 4 quarters) when he is healthy. Dez has been a headache pretty much since he was drafted, and rarely plays 4Q. I agree Dez has the potential, but I just haven't seen him deliver consistently. (Owner last year)Admittedly, I just traded for Britt, and am happy with the results. I expect he will be rusty (Drops, routes), not to mention his QB is in flux. I have high hopes however he will come around.

ADP and not coming off injuries.

Obviously if Britt continues like this it will be disappointing, because the TDs won't always come and if expectations are higher and the TD doesn't happen, tonight is a stinker. However, most were playing him this week as an upside FLEX (and many didn't even play him). He's had 2 or 3 full practices all year and you have to give him a pass for rust. You can't understate the expectations factor either - it was mentioned above, but Hasselbeck vs. Romo is a factor, ADP is a factor, and the fact that Britt wasn't even expected to produce until the stretch run is also a factor.

Hmmm, interesting responses in here. Britt has a great game by the numbers, but not real good overall. Several drops, multiple bobbles, and wrong routes.

Two weeks ago, Dez Bryant has a very similar type of game (minus a TD) and he was blasted by the FF community.

What gives?
Britt has a history of delivering good stats and great games (for 4 quarters) when he is healthy. Dez has been a headache pretty much since he was drafted, and rarely plays 4Q. I agree Dez has the potential, but I just haven't seen him deliver consistently. (Owner last year)Admittedly, I just traded for Britt, and am happy with the results. I expect he will be rusty (Drops, routes), not to mention his QB is in flux. I have high hopes however he will come around.
I think that a decent amount of Britt owners posting here and that are happy with his numbers likely bought low or even picked him up in those super shallow leagues. Probably another reason for the optimism instead of being upset. Dez also had the potential for an absolutely monster game on MNF if not for his mistakes, Britt not so much tonight, even though he did drop a couple of passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else going w/ Britt over Hartline this week?
I went with him over Hartline too. Though I waffled for a long time, and submitted four different lineups today swapping them before I finally decided to stick with Britt.
That's what I did. I got nervous that Hartline has almost 50% of his yardage in 1 game this season and is averaging about 4/65 in his other 4 games. That is solid for a Flex but I had a gut feeling on Britt.

This guy had several terrible plays and drops.

This game reminded me a lot of Dez Bryants last game with all the mental mistakes. A good FF statline overshadowed by all the mistakes. When Dez pulled this kind of performance there was about two pages of bashing going on. I'm curious to see if Britt gets a free pass from the Shark Pool on this one. He left a lot of yards on the field out there. Stone hands, no doubt.

clearly rusty but also showed that size/get open combo that enabled him to be a top best fantasy WR for a couple weeks. if you think it's just rust or timing off he's on his way to being a 10-12 target guy and being a top 15 WR, if you think it's a major mental/hands issue they might de-emphasize him.

he had a Dez game but not quite fair to compare him to Dez as Britt has several monster games in his past that Dez has never had

This guy had several terrible plays and drops.This game reminded me a lot of Dez Bryants last game with all the mental mistakes. A good FF statline overshadowed by all the mistakes. When Dez pulled this kind of performance there was about two pages of bashing going on. I'm curious to see if Britt gets a free pass from the Shark Pool on this one. He left a lot of yards on the field out there. Stone hands, no doubt.
As has been said, completely different circumstances.This is the first week that Britt has had a proper set of practices and is still shaking off the rust after a major injury problem. A couple of drops and mental mistakes aren't a huge surprise. Also, we have a baseline for what Britt can do from his start last year, so we know that this isn't the regular Britt.Compare that with Dez, who is fit, healthy, in a better team with a better QB and has been displaying these problems consistently for years.I'm very glad I started him, and I am excited about him for the rest of the season.

The TD saved Britt's stats last night. It seems that he is finally getting healthy to make a difference. My question is whether or not the QB change back to Locker will help or hurt his fantasy value. It seemed as though Hass was looking his way often Thurs night.

I don't know, maybe Britt just isn't as good as people think. He's had some big games but he was dropping balls he should have been catching last night. Mayock even pointed it out in the broadcast. What good is being big like Britt if you play small? Kendall Wright seems to be the centerpiece of the passing game right now. He's on pace for an Amendola-like 90 catches. Of course the yards aren't there nor the touchdowns. He scored me a workmanlike 13 points last night but should have had 20.

The TD saved Britt's stats last night. It seems that he is finally getting healthy to make a difference. My question is whether or not the QB change back to Locker will help or hurt his fantasy value. It seemed as though Hass was looking his way often Thurs night.
Good question and same thought I had. You can't get an accurate future ranking for him, because until last night it was wait and see if healthy.Where does everyone rank him going forward? Top 40? Top 30?

Next two opponents; Buff and Indy. Britt owners might finally get some payoff on the investment.

Weeks 14-16; Indy, Jets(sans Revis) and GB. :thumbup:

Good question and same thought I had. You can't get an accurate future ranking for him, because until last night it was wait and see if healthy.Where does everyone rank him going forward? Top 40? Top 30?
Top 15-20 with Hasselbeck. Top 30 with Locker.

I have a hard time believing the red zone targets won't be there. I think that alone puts him in the top 30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, maybe Britt just isn't as good as people think. He's had some big games but he was dropping balls he should have been catching last night. Mayock even pointed it out in the broadcast. What good is being big like Britt if you play small? Kendall Wright seems to be the centerpiece of the passing game right now. He's on pace for an Amendola-like 90 catches. Of course the yards aren't there nor the touchdowns. He scored me a workmanlike 13 points last night but should have had 20.
The drops are a little troubling, but I'm going to attribute it to rust for now. If this persists for the next few weeks, then it may be a Dez-like problem. But he made it through the game healthy, got a good amount of targets, and is going to get better matchups going forward. I'm starting him with confidence next week.

You have to like his attitude after the game last night.....

Kenny Britt called Thursday's Week 6 win over the Steelers "hands down the worst" of his life.

Britt knows he still has to knock off the rust after dropping several of his 11 targets and frustrating Matt Hasselbeck with his route running. "I know I had some catches that I left out there on the field. I know I can make those plays," said Britt. "There is no days off for me. I know I have a lot of work to make up. I've had a rough season. That's behind me. I'm going to make up for it." Expect a better performance from Britt versus the Bills in Week 7.

You have to like his attitude after the game last night.....Kenny Britt called Thursday's Week 6 win over the Steelers "hands down the worst" of his life.Britt knows he still has to knock off the rust after dropping several of his 11 targets and frustrating Matt Hasselbeck with his route running. "I know I had some catches that I left out there on the field. I know I can make those plays," said Britt. "There is no days off for me. I know I have a lot of work to make up. I've had a rough season. That's behind me. I'm going to make up for it." Expect a better performance from Britt versus the Bills in Week 7.
Sweet. Many athlete would focus on the win and the TD. It is encouraging that Britt recognizes the poor hands, now he needs to fix them.

Users who are viewing this thread