What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (2 Viewers)

I feel kind of dirty bumping this thread but I'm pretty sure Britt is being undervalued this year.

He's being drafted as ~WR53, he finished as the WR27 last year.. under Jeff Fisher, being thrown to by Goff, with arguably the hardest CB schedule in the league on 111 targets. He finished with a 68/1002/5 stat line.

Pryor drew 141 targets in this offense last year. Britt profiles a bit differently than Pryor at this point in his career, as he doesn't gain a ton of separation and leans more on his size but he's still only 28 and the only WR on his team who has played a relevant amount of snaps in the NFL. I think it's fair to assume he soaks up most of Pryor's missing targets, no?

Appearing on Good Morning Football Saturday, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports both Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman were sent home to Cleveland from Houston ahead of the Week 6 game against the Texans for missing curfew.

Neither player was going to be active, as Britt was out with knee and groin injuries and Coleman remains sidelined with a broken hand, but it's still not a good look. Britt has been a total disaster as a free-agent pickup, loafing around on the field when he's healthy and doing whatever he wants off it. Coleman has yet to live up to his first-round status, and former bust Britt probably isn't someone the Browns want Coleman running around with off the field. Britt may very well be a one-and-done disappointment in Cleveland as a cut candidate next spring.

Related: Corey Coleman

Oct 21 - 11:48 AM

Coming into the seemed like the table was set for Britt. Not a lot of competition @ WR and the Browns seemed destined to be playing catch up most games. Very disappointing. 

Here's a challenge for any 10+ year fantasy players:  Think back on all of your drafts, teams, and fantasy (football) thoughts of the past decade with regard to Britt.  Now look at his career stats by season.

That must have been some tasty Kool-Aid we were drinking or something excellent we were smoking, am I right?  Has anyone else had as much hype with this level of production?

Here's a challenge for any 10+ year fantasy players:  Think back on all of your drafts, teams, and fantasy (football) thoughts of the past decade with regard to Britt.  Now look at his career stats by season.

That must have been some tasty Kool-Aid we were drinking or something excellent we were smoking, am I right?  Has anyone else had as much hype with this level of production?
In his defense, he's operated in a Jeff Fisher offense in 8 of his first 9 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread