What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

Graham had a down week. Week 1 he scored 17 fantasy points.

Let's all chill the #### out a little bit. He's still getting more use than Greg Olsen. Who was supposed to skyrocket this season due to the Kelvin Benjamin injury.
Greg Olsen had 14 targets last game. Teams are making him a priority to cover, but the Panthers made it a point to try to get him the ball last week.
I expect Sea will do the same this week.
Loins did the same with Calvin, only they waited until they made sure they had already lost the game. They are so smart.

Yet another fine example of how stupid coaches are at the NFL level. It takes the media #####ing about the use of a star player to make the coaches get them the ball.
was yelling about the same thing in the Giants game...ODB kills it the 1st half of the game and Giants jump out to a lead and move the ball...2nd half one pass and they lose the game. It's one thing if the opponent takes you out of the game by shutting the player down, it's another thing to shut yourself down by choosing to get the ball to severely inferior players (Parker, now cut). Take a page from Belicheck and keep doing what works until someone stops you.

Let's all chill the #### out a little bit. He's still getting more use than Greg Olsen. Who was supposed to skyrocket this season due to the Kelvin Benjamin injury.
Greg Olsen had 14 targets last game. Teams are making him a priority to cover, but the Panthers made it a point to try to get him the ball last week.
Loins did the same with Calvin, only they waited until they made sure they had already lost the game. They are so smart.

Yet another fine example of how stupid coaches are at the NFL level. It takes the media #####ing about the use of a star player to make the coaches get them the ball.
was yelling about the same thing in the Giants game...ODB kills it the 1st half of the game and Giants jump out to a lead and move the ball...2nd half one pass and they lose the game. It's one thing if the opponent takes you out of the game by shutting the player down, it's another thing to shut yourself down by choosing to get the ball to severely inferior players (Parker, now cut). Take a page from Belicheck and keep doing what works until someone stops you.
That was funny. Parker sucks yet they not only keep him but throw him the ball at a crucial time only to see him fail the way most would expect Preston Parker to fail....then that triggers 'hey I think this guy sucks, let's cut him'.

Not sure why Washington hasn't contacted Parker for a tryout. They play the Giants this Thursday and I'm sure he is super pissed that he dropped a pass and got cut for it. They could get all the scoop on Gomer and the Giants easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

That was funny. Parker sucks yet they not only keep him but throw him the ball at a crucial time only to see him fail the way most would expect Preston Parker to fail....then that triggers 'hey I think this guy sucks, let's cut him'.
and this is after 3-4 crucial drops the prior week.

sorry...back to Jimmy Graham and his misuse...

and this is after 3-4 crucial drops the prior week.

sorry...back to Jimmy Graham and his misuse...
How much are they due to pay him in 2016? He can force them to waive him if it is a lot.

Another guy who was drafted/auctioned too high but is now worth throwing out an offer for if the price is reasonable.

It may be possible that SEA is a WR/TE wasteland but I'll still bet on Graham producing top 3 TE numbers from here on out assuming he stays healthy.

-- Jimmy Graham Pissed Off With His Role --
Tue Sep 22, 2015 --from FFMastermind.com

Bleacher Report reports TE Jimmy Graham is pissed off and hates his role with the Seattle Seahawks. Several Seahawks players have said this and it's a fact. Graham allegedly hates what's happening in Seattle, where he's barely looked at in the passing game.

Pissed and hating his role. Beautiful. Definitely will not ever take a paycut. He can't get out of there fast enough. Does ATL have cap room? They look like a cinch to take the NFC South. Send your 1st rounder to Seattle.

-- Jimmy Graham Pissed Off With His Role --

Tue Sep 22, 2015 --from FFMastermind.com

Bleacher Report reports TE Jimmy Graham is pissed off and hates his role with the Seattle Seahawks. Several Seahawks players have said this and it's a fact. Graham allegedly hates what's happening in Seattle, where he's barely looked at in the passing game.

Pissed and hating his role. Beautiful. Definitely will not ever take a paycut. He can't get out of there fast enough. Does ATL have cap room? They look like a cinch to take the NFC South. Send your 1st rounder to Seattle.
We're two weeks in--once Seattle starts dominating again I suspect he suddenly won't be "pissed" or "hateful". You people predicting the wheels to fall off this year are going to be sad...

Now I'd trade him. That offense is bad... They just happened to play the worst team in the NFL. He's not going to be what you wanted when you drafted him high...this game and his name recognition may still net you some good value. I don't own him but I'd be selling first thing tomorrow.

Now I'd trade him. That offense is bad... They just happened to play the worst team in the NFL. He's not going to be what you wanted when you drafted him high...this game and his name recognition may still net you some good value. I don't own him but I'd be selling first thing tomorrow.
Yup he is not worth the risk. Been telling it to the guy in our league since week 1. He will have a couple good/big games but I would rather have his value tied up in a WR/RB who will produce each week except the 2-3 games this season where he is a top 3 TE.

Looking for feedback from my fellow Graham dynasty owners. What are you doing with him? I have him in three leagues and his output this year has been disappointing. He's not living up to his NO standard and it's frustrating to see the lack of numbers, but at the same time he's still a 6'6" 250 pound freak athlete with 4.5 speed. I don't think he suddenly became a pedestrian talent overnight. I think he's still one of the most talented skill position players in the league. With that in mind, my inclination is to hold and wait for a rebound rather than looking to panic sell as his value continues to slide.

Still, out of curiosity, what type of rookie pick(s) would you take for him?

Looking for feedback from my fellow Graham dynasty owners. What are you doing with him? I have him in three leagues and his output this year has been disappointing. He's not living up to his NO standard and it's frustrating to see the lack of numbers, but at the same time he's still a 6'6" 250 pound freak athlete with 4.5 speed. I don't think he suddenly became a pedestrian talent overnight. I think he's still one of the most talented skill position players in the league. With that in mind, my inclination is to hold and wait for a rebound rather than looking to panic sell as his value continues to slide.

Still, out of curiosity, what type of rookie pick(s) would you take for him?
Redraft he's cuttable. Any TE can catch 3 balls for 30 yards a week. Dynasty is a wait for him to get off this sorry ### team.

Disappointing, but obviously not cuttable. What TE on your wire has the potential to do better than him down the stretch?

Disappointing, but obviously not cuttable. What TE on your wire has the potential to do better than him down the stretch?
Potential yeah but it doesn't take 4 5 games to learn how to get Jimmy the ball. If they haven't figured it out by now, they won't. I suppose some team is stuck with 3-30 Jimmy since he is in the top 12 at TE....barely.

You can't cut him. He's still a supreme talent. On the chance that Seattle coaching staff realizes that they need to switch things up to combat their losing ways and they start feeding him you don't want to hand jimmy graham to another owner in your league gift wrapped with a bow. You have no choice but to hold if you are an owner.

I just dont get Seattle. :shrug: Baffles me that they arent smart enough to figure out a roll right, square out right, throw. Oof

I've had Barnidge on my bench the past 3 weeks...and he's outscored Graham each week. Almost considering the unthinkable.

You can't cut him. He's still a supreme talent. On the chance that Seattle coaching staff realizes that they need to switch things up to combat their losing ways and they start feeding him you don't want to hand jimmy graham to another owner in your league gift wrapped with a bow. You have no choice but to hold if you are an owner.
this is what it is... you'll get 40-60 yards.. maybe a TD.. low end TE1... what is going to change to make him even a top 5 TE ROS? he's untradable in re-draft... cant say the signs weren't out there pre-season... they were illuminated billboard size signs this was going to be what happened

Graham is just a bad fit for that offense. Aside from being asked to block more, it appears that when Wilson rolls out, he would rather scramble than make the short pass to Graham as there are more yards to be gained with Wilson running the ball. Not throwing to Graham underneath then allows DBs and LBs to give Graham more cushion on the deeper stuff, which negates the big plays down the middle.

What exactly did they expect to get? They bought a pass catching TE who hates blocking and put him in an offense where the TE has to block a lot. Square peg meet round hole. Didn't understand the move when it happened and still don't.
Yep and they took on his remaining contract as the highest paid TE ever. Maybe they have some trick plays under wraps where Graham hands off to Marshawn Lynch on a reverse once he gets healthy. Last week they go to overtime against the Bengals and Wilson still only completed 15 passes for the entire game.

I'm in the camp that believed they figure out a way to get him the ball more going forward. It's not like they are lighting it up otherwise.

I traded for him in w ten team redraft with a shirt bench.

I sent Hurns for him. I have Matshall and D. Thomas as my 2 wides. We don't have a flex.

Instead of streaming a crappy TE I'm plugging him in each week. Talent eventually shines.

Losing a ton of respect for the Seattle staff in terms of brain trust. Always thought them to be forward thinking and innovative, but you lay out all your chips to get this talent and utterly ignore game planning to leverage that huge investment?

Really stupid. Not sure what else to say.

Losing a ton of respect for the Seattle staff in terms of brain trust. Always thought them to be forward thinking and innovative, but you lay out all your chips to get this talent and utterly ignore game planning to leverage that huge investment?

Really stupid. Not sure what else to say.
Pretty much says it all.

this is what it is... you'll get 40-60 yards.. maybe a TD.. low end TE1... what is going to change to make him even a top 5 TE ROS? he's untradable in re-draft... cant say the signs weren't out there pre-season... they were illuminated billboard size signs this was going to be what happened
Traded him in a package deal and got Gronk.

Curious on this one... who else was in the package? Hard to believe someone would let go of the definitive #1 TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the camp that believed they figure out a way to get him the ball more going forward. It's not like they are lighting it up otherwise.

I sent Hurns for him. I have Matshall and D. Thomas as my 2 wides. We don't have a flex.

Instead of streaming a crappy TE I'm plugging him in each week. Talent eventually shines.
Doesn't he already have the most targets and catches on the team?

Maybe you're right, but what I have seen is Seattle's OL looks like crap, so Graham has to block more. Hard to get the targets that you need (and showcase your talent) when you run less routes.

And I was in the camp that Seattle wasn't going to change their OL philosophy just because they acquired Graham. They were still going to run the ball a lot and Wilson wasn't all of sudden going to pass it 520+ times. But I am surprised at how they have used him this year. I still had him as a top 3 TE going into the season.

This is the year of bizarre usage of expensive off-season acquisitions. Graham, Spiller, Andre Johnson...you'd think when a coach trades or pays a relatively high price to get an offensive player, he has something very specific in mind for how to use that player. So far - surprisingly poor job from Carroll and Payton.

This is the year of bizarre usage of expensive off-season acquisitions. Graham, Spiller, Andre Johnson...you'd think when a coach trades or pays a relatively high price to get an offensive player, he has something very specific in mind for how to use that player. So far - surprisingly poor job from Carroll and Payton.
I think Spiller is more likely the problem and not being trusted in all situtations yet. Either he doesn't know the playbook well enough, or something else. As far as Graham, yes the OC has not done a good job getting Graham involved. I'm guessing the Hawks didn't realize just how bad Graham really is at run blocking. Even so, there doesn't seem to be any chemistry between Wilson and Graham.

Curious on this one... who else was in the package? Hard to believe someone would let go of the definitive #1 TE.
Traded Gurley and Graham for Murray and Gronk. Gronk owner is 1-4, and I have RB depth. Gronk owner offered the trade.

Was hard to give up Gurley. Tried to negotiate a different RB. But he wanted Gurley. I guess we'll see how it plays out. But I feel that the Gronk upside more than covers the loss of Gurley.

I think Spiller is more likely the problem and not being trusted in all situtations yet. Either he doesn't know the playbook well enough, or something else. As far as Graham, yes the OC has not done a good job getting Graham involved. I'm guessing the Hawks didn't realize just how bad Graham really is at run blocking. Even so, there doesn't seem to be any chemistry between Wilson and Graham.
watching brees on Thursday make Watson look awesome made me think maybe Jimmy was a tad overrated because of brees? I dunno I just don't get how bad he is now...

watching brees on Thursday make Watson look awesome made me think maybe Jimmy was a tad overrated because of brees? I dunno I just don't get how bad he is now...
Are you really saying that Graham might be an over-rated tight end? Have you ever watched him play? It's not that HE isn't great, it's that his SITUATION is probably the worst you could imagine for a tight end or receiver, fantasy-wise. Read the other 36 pgs of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread