What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (1 Viewer)

On my bench for Mark Ingram. Seems like a lotto ticket today, never know with these injuries. Figure they will be flinging the ball all around in the second half at least. 

Last edited by a moderator:
started him over snead, thinking i'm gonna regret this. for long term i hope he doesn't unnecessarily push himself, in an interview piece from him either Friday or yesterday he sounded like they were taking this game very seriously.

started him over snead, thinking i'm gonna regret this. for long term i hope he doesn't unnecessarily push himself, in an interview piece from him either Friday or yesterday he sounded like they were taking this game very seriously.
By contrast, I dont think any other team has taken the Browns seriously for a very long time...

By contrast, I dont think any other team has taken the Browns seriously for a very long time...
:lol: i didn't know this was considered a rivalry game, guess playing in the same state makes it one. the loss of production was not a big deal to me for this week, I would have lost anyway, I just hope he comes back healthy. guess we'll be watching the practice reports again this week.

Any practice reports today? Think he was limited yesterday.

McCown back at QB.

Lousy NYJ secondary. 

If T. Pryor is healthy there's upside here.

Can't start him yet. I'll let him get healthy on my bench and play it cautious. With this Browns team, he really does need to be close to 100% to have decent value. 

he's gonna play.  he played last week.  doubt he plays every snap and has the cutting ability he needs, but he's still a bigtime redzone threat with a bum leg.  unfortunately I have to start him

Having hard time deciding between him, moncrief, or adams
Rotoworld reporting he practiced fully today and he's off the injury report.

My decicion is Pryor, Ingram, or Moncrief.

Leaning hard towards Pryor. Too much upside for a healthy Pryor vs NYJ secondary.

LOVE Pryor, but with Cobb out, I'd be starting Adams over a potentially gimpy Pryor. I know its not the Assistant Coach forum, but never saw the big deal in helping someone out here too ;)  

LOVE Pryor, but with Cobb out, I'd be starting Adams over a potentially gimpy Pryor. I know its not the Assistant Coach forum, but never saw the big deal in helping someone out here too ;)  
The best thing about footballguys is getting this kind of info, when I haven't seen it.  Could u post a link please?

ETA: Link to Cobb being "out"

NFL-ons said:
The best thing about footballguys is getting this kind of info, when I haven't seen it.  Could u post a link please?

ETA: Link to Cobb being "out"
Actually I ready he was likely out 2 days ago, now they are saying its possible he might play. I'm sorry, didn't mean to jump the gun. But he's definitely limited and struggling with a hammy issue. So the risk is there for sure. 

Actually I ready he was likely out 2 days ago, now they are saying its possible he might play. I'm sorry, didn't mean to jump the gun. But he's definitely limited and struggling with a hammy issue. So the risk is there for sure. 
Where are you getting this info?

He practiced fully. Pryor IS NOT on the injury report at all.

This is strange. A couple weeks ago there was constant buzz around Pryor. He actually had a monster game with 2 TDs, but then injured his hammy. Left the game last week, but now the guy is perfectly healthy in what looks to be an absolutely sweet matchup vs. a horrible NYJ secondary (but also against a NYJ run D that is top notch). Also, McCown is back at QB so it's Pryor and Barnidge or bust.

What am I missing here?

This guy is undervalued this week and for whatever reason off the radar.

I'm leaning towards starting over M. Ingram in my flex since Ingram faces SEA D.

I think last week's limited snaps and horrible stats are scaring people off. Hamstrings can be tricky. His ceiling is high but his floor could be a doughnut this week if he aggravates it early. See McCoy last week.

I think last week's limited snaps and horrible stats are scaring people off. Hamstrings can be tricky. His ceiling is high but his floor could be a doughnut this week if he aggravates it early. See McCoy last week.
Right, but again Pryor isn't even on the injury report. I don't see how Pryor is an injury risk more so than any other player in the league at this point.

Good point.  Hamstring is a soft tissue injury and can linger and get worse if tweeked while on the mend so he has to be careful but last week QB Cody Kessler went down with a concussion early in the game and was replaced with QB Kevin Hogan who didn't know the complete playbook and ran for over 100 yards (104 the second most in Clevelad Brown history and set the all-time club record with a 28 yard TD run 'longest') and only threw for 100 yards with 2 interceptions and 0 TDs.

TP 'should' be healthier and will have better QB with McCown but it is reasonable to be cautious especially if you have a comparable replacement.

I'm going back and forth with Pryor and Dez this week. Leaning towards Pryor at the moment due to the matchup, but I fear the potential hamstring injury recurrence.

Yeah I'm going back and forth on him and Adams. Right now I'm leaning Pryor cuz his upside is so great this week vs a horrible pass defense with no skrine, terrible Revis and giving up big plays all year.

Yeah I'm going back and forth on him and Adams. Right now I'm leaning Pryor cuz his upside is so great this week vs a horrible pass defense with no skrine, terrible Revis and giving up big plays all year.
With Cobb out, I think your decision gets easier:  Adams.

Otherwise, Pryor should be in for a good game for the reason you note.

Terrelle Pryor having a great game, 4 receptions for 82 yards and it is only the second quarter but it seemed like he let-up on a deep pass and then didn't lay-out on a third down play to the sidelines.  

Just speculation on my part but it 'appears' his hammy 'might' have gotten tweeked.

Pryor dealing with bevy of unstable QBs throwing him the ball.

Yet, he is still on pace for over 1,000 receiving yards.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/67088/131/rob-gronkowskis-bad-back

Terrelle Pryor’s big day. Pryor ripped up the Giants for six catches and 131 yards, snagging a career-long 54-yard pass in the process. The converted quarterback is now up to 855 yards on the season, and on pace for 1,140 despite playing with a parade of quarterbacks — Robert Griffin IIIJosh McCownCody KesslerKevin Hogan,Charlie Whitehurst — genuinely worse than he is under center. The former five-star recruit is a natural at his new position, using his 6-foot-4, 223-pound frame to body smaller defenders and high point passes. Fantasy consistency will probably remain elusive because of his quarterbacks, but an impending free agent, Pryor is making himself gobs of money.     

Pryor dealing with bevy of unstable QBs throwing him the ball.

Yet, he is still on pace for over 1,000 receiving yards.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/67088/131/rob-gronkowskis-bad-back

Terrelle Pryor’s big day. Pryor ripped up the Giants for six catches and 131 yards, snagging a career-long 54-yard pass in the process. The converted quarterback is now up to 855 yards on the season, and on pace for 1,140 despite playing with a parade of quarterbacks — Robert Griffin IIIJosh McCownCody KesslerKevin Hogan,Charlie Whitehurst — genuinely worse than he is under center. The former five-star recruit is a natural at his new position, using his 6-foot-4, 223-pound frame to body smaller defenders and high point passes. Fantasy consistency will probably remain elusive because of his quarterbacks, but an impending free agent, Pryor is making himself gobs of money.     
What's the word locally about resigning him?

He has said he wants to stay in Cleveland. I think they would be fools to let him go, especially with the Gordon situation.

I know a lot of Browns fans who are ready to quit on the team. Not signing Pryor would be a PR nightmare IMO since they have the money and he has a desire to stay.

JoeSteeler said:
He has said he wants to stay in Cleveland. I think they would be fools to let him go, especially with the Gordon situation.

I know a lot of Browns fans who are ready to quit on the team. Not signing Pryor would be a PR nightmare IMO since they have the money and he has a desire to stay.
This. 

JoeSteeler said:

Plus he's a Buckeye.  There would be anarchy if they let him leave.

Plus he's a Buckeye.  There would be anarchy if they let him leave.
They played in the preseason there, right? Pryor had a breakout performance, as I recall, and talked about it like it was the Superbowl in Columbus. I think the pull of home is really strong for him there and he wants to stay in Cleveland. For Browns fans, with 0-16 a very real possibility, Pryor has been a ray of hope and for the FO to let him leave seems like the worst idea. Ever.

What's the word locally about resigning him?
Virtually everyone, the media, the fans, coaches, other players ALL want him resigned.  Terrelle loves Hue and wants to re-up.  I see nothing that would stand in the way of him getting a huge contract extension.  He is still young, only 27 and he still may not have hit his prime as a player.  He is the definition of a core player to build around.

The 'other' big name that the FO 'needs' and probably 'wants' to re-sign is LB Jamie Collins.  When you have two big names it can complicate things depending on whether or not you can franchise one of the players and I'm not sure of the franchise status of TP or Jamie Collins but the team has the salary cap room to easily extend both of them.

The Browns have over $50 million in cap space, I think that is tops in the league.  The fans would revolt if they didn't pony-up and get these guys resigned.  Hopefully, they get this nailed down before the offseason begins because if any player doesn't get extended before they 'officially' enter the free agency period, then anything can happen and last year the FO blew it by not getting an extension done with RT Mitchell Schwartz.  Alex Mack wanted out but they 'could' have worked out an extension with Schwartz IMHO.  Once the official free agency period began, the FO 'probably' could have re-signed Schwartz but yanked the offer they had on the table so he felt negotiations were closed and he took a 'lesser' offer with KC.  The FO can't mess around this year.  They need to get business done ASAP.

Virtually everyone, the media, the fans, coaches, other players ALL want him resigned.  Terrelle loves Hue and wants to re-up.  I see nothing that would stand in the way of him getting a huge contract extension.  He is still young, only 27 and he still may not have hit his prime as a player.  He is the definition of a core player to build around.

The 'other' big name that the FO 'needs' and probably 'wants' to re-sign is LB Jamie Collins.  When you have two big names it can complicate things depending on whether or not you can franchise one of the players and I'm not sure of the franchise status of TP or Jamie Collins but the team has the salary cap room to easily extend both of them.

The Browns have over $50 million in cap space, I think that is tops in the league.  The fans would revolt if they didn't pony-up and get these guys resigned.  Hopefully, they get this nailed down before the offseason begins because if any player doesn't get extended before they 'officially' enter the free agency period, then anything can happen and last year the FO blew it by not getting an extension done with RT Mitchell Schwartz.  Alex Mack wanted out but they 'could' have worked out an extension with Schwartz IMHO.  Once the official free agency period began, the FO 'probably' could have re-signed Schwartz but yanked the offer they had on the table so he felt negotiations were closed and he took a 'lesser' offer with KC.  The FO can't mess around this year.  They need to get business done ASAP.

This is the bottom line.

I live in NE Ohio and interact with a lot of Browns fans on a daily basis. This year I have had so many tell me they are close to being done with the Browns. These are lifelong Browns fans, not some "fly-by-night" fans. 

Where do you see him in rankings moving forward.

Contract year. He should definitely be in for a pay day looking at his production and usage.

Could we see 800-1000 yds, 4-5 tds as his floor?

Where do you see him in rankings moving forward.

Contract year. He should definitely be in for a pay day looking at his production and usage.

Could we see 800-1000 yds, 4-5 tds as his floor?

I think it is Bloom who says that NFL teams say more about a player based on how they pay them than anything.

If they pay him, they will play him, a LOT!  

I think they will pay him and he seems invulnerable to poor level of QB talent throwing to him and he also appears to be impervious to matchups.  

He has had low production games after suffering injuries so injury appears to be the only downside. 

The upside is he still has room to grow and improve as a receiver.

Just think if he got solid QB play and a consistent threat drawing coverage away from him and a better all around supporting cast?

JoeSteeler said:
This is the bottom line.

I live in NE Ohio and interact with a lot of Browns fans on a daily basis. This year I have had so many tell me they are close to being done with the Browns. These are lifelong Browns fans, not some "fly-by-night" fans. 
I would be amazed if the Browns had any fly by night fans, given their history since coming back as an expansion team...

Brandon Will said:
He should definitely be in for a pay day looking at his production and usage.
He can say all the right things now, and he is, and I believe him. I don't know the man, but all indications are that he is a truly good guy and probably humble, and thankful for where he's at and what he has.

Having said that. He probably has no idea what he is in store for after the season. He probably undervalues himself because of his humble demeanor. If the Browns don't find a way to lock him up now (or soon), the figure that he allows himself to dream about in the form of offers from other teams will probably be half of what he actually receives (and maybe from contenders).

I don't know what the Browns are paying Coleman, but how much money do you want to tie up in a pair of WRs on a team in rebuild mode?

The upside is he still has room to grow and improve as a receiver.

Just think if he got solid QB play and a consistent threat drawing coverage away from him and a better all around supporting cast?
Go to the link for the full read.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2016/11/29/terrelle-pryor-i-could-be-so-much-better-its-not-even-funny/#.WD4Ir_gHSvo.twitter

Terrelle Pryor: ‘I Could Be So Much Better It’s Not Even Funny’

November 29, 2016 5:59 PM By Daryl Ruiter | 92.3 The Fan

BEREA (92.3 The Fan) – Terrelle Pryor leads the Cleveland Browns in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns as they enter the bye week.

The scary – but good – thing is, he’s not satisfied.

“I could be so much better it’s not even funny,” Pryor said. “Some plays I’ve missed or plays I could’ve made [because] of inexperience I would say, I may be over 1,000 [yards] already or way beyond.”

...For all intents and purposes, Pryor is essentially a rookie – not in the NFL but at the position – and he’s already showing the ability to flat-out dominate. Pryor has 62 catches, 855 yards and 4 touchdowns in his first 12 games after making the decision to give up the quarterback dream in the summerof 2015.

Pryor ranks 12th in the NFL in catches and eighth overall in receiving yards and he’s doing it while catching passes from a carousel of quarterbacks this season – 3 different starters and 5 total. He’s even stepped in a few times at quarterback completing 5 of 9 passes for 41 yards and throw in 8 runs for 21 yards as well...

He can say all the right things now, and he is, and I believe him. I don't know the man, but all indications are that he is a truly good guy and probably humble, and thankful for where he's at and what he has.

Having said that. He probably has no idea what he is in store for after the season. He probably undervalues himself because of his humble demeanor. If the Browns don't find a way to lock him up now (or soon), the figure that he allows himself to dream about in the form of offers from other teams will probably be half of what he actually receives (and maybe from contenders).

I don't know what the Browns are paying Coleman, but how much money do you want to tie up in a pair of WRs on a team in rebuild mode?

They're paying Coleman a shade under $3 million a year. His rookie contract runs out after 2019.

He's a totally underrated dynasty stud.  There's a dude on these boards traded Pryor for Allan hurns and felt awesome about it after the first month of the season.  I told him that Pryor is a rare specimen and a big time dynasty asset and that marqise Lee was likely the number 2 in jax and he laughed at me.  He also said that Pryor's age maes him not that great of a dynasty hold.  

Even if he is 28 that me he's got at least 3-4 amazing years at peak playing shape.  I'll take that if he turns into a top 5 stud at his position.  

Anybody tuned into the Browns-Bengals seen the Pride of Jeannette today?

That new contract already gone to his head? Regardless, excellent week for a donut (haven't seen anything other than redzone, but I'd wager rg3 shoulders much of the blame). 

Users who are viewing this thread