What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (1 Viewer)

rickyg said:
Unless he can somehow redeem himself in Washington he’s done.  He’s too old for another team to take a shot on a bust wr if he fails in Washington.  
Bet Hue Jackson would take him back.  

He wont make a ton of money and wont be acquired to be anyone's number 1, but he will find work.

Hold for me.  Wouldn't be looking to buy as he still has trouble actually catching the ball.  Will sell at the first sign of value.

what are we to make of Pryor now ?
Not sure. He'd be a for sure hold no matter where FA takes him if he was younger but at 29 he'll need to land in a decent spot or I'll have to cut bait.

I do think he can play and I do think a big reason for his poor performance this year was his foot which he said bothered him since camp, but I'm not sure I entirely buy that story. I'd like to hold, just not sure I'll be able.

Not sure. He'd be a for sure hold no matter where FA takes him if he was younger but at 29 he'll need to land in a decent spot or I'll have to cut bait.

I do think he can play and I do think a big reason for his poor performance this year was his foot which he said bothered him since camp, but I'm not sure I entirely buy that story. I'd like to hold, just not sure I'll be able.
A sore foot makes you drop passes that hit your hands? That's his claim? I had high hopes for Pryor but he was flat out awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sore foot makes you drop passes that hit your hands? That's his claim? I had high hopes for Pryor but he was flat out awful.
He's officially listed with 2 drops, don't think we'd be talking about his season any differently had he come down with those two passes.

Free agent Terrelle Pryor will visit the Seahawks on Sunday.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Russell Wilson is at the forefront of recruiting Pryor to Seattle, where he would compete for time in three-receiver sets alongside Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett. Pryor busted as a 2018 free agent signing with the Redskins, but he was a 1,000-yard receiver the year before in Cleveland. 28-year-old Pryor would be an exciting addition to Seattle's offense.

Related: Seahawks

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Mar 17 - 1:30 PM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent Terrelle Pryor will visit the Jets.

Pryor is meeting with the Seahawks on Monday. If he leaves that visit without a deal, the Jets will be next up on the list. Pryor would be a good reclamation signing for either receiver-needy team.

Related: Jets, Seahawks

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Mar 19 - 10:41 AM

About as good a landing spot as owners could have hoped for, right?  A team with a blue chip QB, a seriously declining defense, no running game, and Tyler Lockett as the biggest barrier to a WR2 role.  Paul Richardson was pretty good in a similar role last season.  I'd take those numbers from Pryor after last year's debacle.

We do know that Pryor landed with the jets rt?  One of the worst places he could have gone.  If he actually had the chance to play with Russell Wilson, whose skill set is perfect for a we like him, and he opted for the jets, he is a class a idiot.  He just signed up with one of the worst organizations in football.  And they have no qb.  I’m clueless as to what to do with him in dynasty now.  I would have been so psyched if he went to Seattle. 

We do know that Pryor landed with the jets rt?  One of the worst places he could have gone.  If he actually had the chance to play with Russell Wilson, whose skill set is perfect for a we like him, and he opted for the jets, he is a class a idiot.  He just signed up with one of the worst organizations in football.  And they have no qb.  I’m clueless as to what to do with him in dynasty now.  I would have been so psyched if he went to Seattle. 
Really? I know Wilson is a better QB, but Baldwin is the WR1 there and I think Lockett is better than any WR currently on the Jets, so Pryor's market share on the Jets should be better than it would've been in Seattle.

If I was a Pryor owner, I'd be ok with this.

Rotoworld take:

Jets agreed to terms with WR Terrelle Pryor, formerly of the Redskins.

A mammoth bust — 20 catches for 240 yards — with the Redskins last season, Pryor will start over with a Jets receiver corps low on depth and dealing with off-field issues with No. 1 Robby Anderson. Pryor is also joining a team with quarterback question marks, as a highly-drafted rookie will join injury-prone Josh McCown and fifth-year mystery man Teddy Bridgewater. Going on 29, Pryor still offers theoretical upside, but expectations should be low after last year's debacle.

Related: Redskins

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter 

Mar 22 - 10:09 PM

FF Ninja said:
Really? I know Wilson is a better QB, but Baldwin is the WR1 there and I think Lockett is better than any WR currently on the Jets, so Pryor's market share on the Jets should be better than it would've been in Seattle.

Lockett doesn’t worry me.  Baldwin is best as a slot guy.  With graham and Richardson gone Pryor would be the only one with the type of size to make him a great red zone target.  He’s also got the speed.  And he fits well with Wilson’s backyard football BC he’s played q.v. and has good football IQ. 

Pryor is essentially in a price it year.  If he sucks this year he seriously might be out of the league in 2019.  

Don’t you think his chances at success in 2018 are catching passes from russel Wilson than whatever qb the jets put on the field?  

Btw Robbie Anderson is no slouch.   

Lockett doesn’t worry me.  Baldwin is best as a slot guy.  With graham and Richardson gone Pryor would be the only one with the type of size to make him a great red zone target.  He’s also got the speed.  And he fits well with Wilson’s backyard football BC he’s played q.v. and has good football IQ. 

Pryor is essentially in a price it year.  If he sucks this year he seriously might be out of the league in 2019.  

Don’t you think his chances at success in 2018 are catching passes from russel Wilson than whatever qb the jets put on the field?  

Btw Robbie Anderson is no slouch.   
I still like Lockett at least as much as Anderson. I didn't think Seattle was a bad fit at all, but I think potentially being the WR1 on the Jets could end up being better. 

I still like Lockett at least as much as Anderson. I didn't think Seattle was a bad fit at all, but I think potentially being the WR1 on the Jets could end up being better. 
I like Lockett, too and still do to this day.  I am hoping that Seahawks would rebuild and fortify their OL this year to providing a necessary pocket protection for Wilson.  His arm is tailor-made for Lockett's vertical speed. 

Jermaine Kearse
Ok...Kearse is an average dependable wr who was buried on the depth chart in sea and then went to NYJ who were bereft of talent at the position and he ate for a period of time.  

Now the seahawks are without graham and Richardson.  How many tds and catches does that void leave?  Who else do the Seahawks have tall enough and athletic enough to catch that fade that Wilson liked to throw to graham near the goal line?  

If McCown is the qb Pryor has a chance.  If not he might have made the wo st career choice possible.  We will see.  I own him in dynasty so I hope he made the right choice.  But I would have loved to see him paired up with an elite qb like Wilson for years to come and flourish in Seattle.  

Ok...Kearse is an average dependable wr who was buried on the depth chart in sea and then went to NYJ who were bereft of talent at the position and he ate for a period of time.  

Now the seahawks are without graham and Richardson.  How many tds and catches does that void leave?  Who else do the Seahawks have tall enough and athletic enough to catch that fade that Wilson liked to throw to graham near the goal line?  

If McCown is the qb Pryor has a chance.  If not he might have made the wo st career choice possible.  We will see.  I own him in dynasty so I hope he made the right choice.  But I would have loved to see him paired up with an elite qb like Wilson for years to come and flourish in Seattle.  
So your "point" was refuted with a concrete example and you dig in deeper?

McCown is the QB by the way and he will be followed by whichever QB the Jets pick at 3. Of course we do not know if that QB will be a stud or a bust - but that's the thing we do not know - yet you act like we do.

Pryor wasn't buried on the Redskins depth chart, and they had a QB that threw for 4,000 yards, and Pryor sucked. Why would you think going to a team with a worse QB would be a good thing?

Pryor wasn't buried on the Redskins depth chart, and they had a QB that threw for 4,000 yards, and Pryor sucked. Why would you think going to a team with a worse QB would be a good thing?
The year before he had a worse QB situation and did just fine.

I'm not saying I'm targeting Pryor - just that it's possible he does well on the Jets.

If it's just the fact that Pryor isn't very good - then where he ended up wouldn't really matter. That was what was being discussed.

So your "point" was refuted with a concrete example and you dig in deeper?

McCown is the QB by the way and he will be followed by whichever QB the Jets pick at 3. Of course we do not know if that QB will be a stud or a bust - but that's the thing we do not know - yet you act like we do.
Am I allowed to have an opinion on Pryor, or should I just be forced to see things the way you see them?  

I don’t give a crap about kearse.  Completely different situation.  Pryor is a guy who has way more going against him than kearse rt now.  No one thought he could succeed in a position change to wr. He started to prove them wrong in 2016 and then regressed horribly in 2017.   All of the naysayers in the NFL are patting thenselves on the backs and saying “I told you Pryor was a gimmick and not a real wr”. 

Pryor is in a critical prove it year in 2018.  If he pulls another crap year out of his hat he could be out of football in 2019.   A lot at stake here for him and his career.  

Given that backdrop, if you were Pryor, would you rather go to a team with an elite qb who isn’t afraid to throw a deep ball and who loves to throw fades to big receivers at the GL, and who just lost 2 big time wrs via trade and FA, or go to a perennially terrible team with a potentially bad qb situation and at best a decent one that can change at any time BC their qb is almost 40?  

Im done here.  

Dr. Octopus said:
If it's just the fact that Pryor isn't very good - then where he ended up wouldn't really matter. That was what was being discussed.
Yes. I'm sure there is data available of the games he played with McCown. That may give an indication on whether the two have a feel for each other, which os an indication on how succesful he may be with the Jets this year (assuming the rook doesn't win the starting job)

Yes. I'm sure there is data available of the games he played with McCown. That may give an indication on whether the two have a feel for each other, which os an indication on how succesful he may be with the Jets this year (assuming the rook doesn't win the starting job)
Week 2 - 3 for 32

Week 8 - 6 for 101

Week 12 - 6 for 131

Those are the 3 games McCown started. He played in 2 others

Am I allowed to have an opinion on Pryor, or should I just be forced to see things the way you see them?  

I don’t give a crap about kearse.  Completely different situation.  Pryor is a guy who has way more going against him than kearse rt now.  No one thought he could succeed in a position change to wr. He started to prove them wrong in 2016 and then regressed horribly in 2017.   All of the naysayers in the NFL are patting thenselves on the backs and saying “I told you Pryor was a gimmick and not a real wr”. 

Pryor is in a critical prove it year in 2018.  If he pulls another crap year out of his hat he could be out of football in 2019.   A lot at stake here for him and his career.  

Given that backdrop, if you were Pryor, would you rather go to a team with an elite qb who isn’t afraid to throw a deep ball and who loves to throw fades to big receivers at the GL, and who just lost 2 big time wrs via trade and FA, or go to a perennially terrible team with a potentially bad qb situation and at best a decent one that can change at any time BC their qb is almost 40?  

Im done here.  
Totally hear what you are saying and these are valid points IMO.  I think its a no brainer to play with Wilson vs McCown/Rookie when you are in a situation where this season could determine if you still have a career in the NFL going forward.  That said, he was McCown's teammate for a season so maybe there is a comfort level with him that he feels will translate in NY.  May have had a lot to do with the decision.  Pure speculations, obviously.

Im done here.  
Of course you are allowed to have an opinion. but it should be somewhat informed. Kearse was a good example of showing that perhaps one situation wasn't as bad as you thought it would be and one wasn't as good as you thought it was, but you "don't give a crap" because it went against your whining.

As to the bolded - which isn't even close to true (either look up the Jets history over the last 10-20 years or look up the word "perennial") - things changed pretty quickly in the NFL. The Seahawks actually seem to be a team on the decline while the Jets played over their heads last season and could be close to turning things around.

Sure Russell Wilson is much better than Josh McCown, and most likely will be better than whoever the Jets end up with at #3 (although it's not a given), but Wilson doesn't really throw for a ton of yards or TDs - his value stems from his ability to use his legs. Doug Baldwin is clearly his favorite target and there's other options as well. If Pryor (who personally I don't even think is a good WR) becomes the top option in NY (Anderson is a knucklehead and Enunwa is coming off a bad injury) he could put up numbers like he did in Cleveland.

As to where I would rather go (or more importantly where Pryor chose to go), he made what he thought was the best decision for him. There are plenty of factors that go into the decision and I'm not going to question his reasoning or call him an "idiot" for doing so.

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Terrelle Pryor suffered an ankle injury this offseason.

This explains why he was absent during OTAs on Tuesday. Pryor ended last season on injured reserve with an ankle issue which required surgery in November. Mehta did not say if this injury is to the same ankle, but it is a massive setback either way. Playing on a one-year deal, Pryor needs to be healthy and productive this season to cash in next spring.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter 

May 22 - 11:50 AM

Terrelle Pryor's (ankle surgery) training camp status is "up in the air."

Pryor shed his walking boot at minicamp on Wednesday, but this is an injury that has lingered since last season in Washington. Pryor did receive $2 million in guaranteed money on his one-year, $4.5 million pact, and that should ensure he has an Opening Day roster spot. His role on the team is to be determined.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter 

Jun 13 - 2:39 PM

Ugh.  I was hoping, praying even, that he would heal and emerge as a go-to guy in this offense sorely needing some punch.  I don't believe in Robby Anderson or Jermaine Kearse.

Holding out hope as I own him in a dynasty and will likely stay far away in redraft unless I can get him on the cheap as a backup.

Ugh.  I was hoping, praying even, that he would heal and emerge as a go-to guy in this offense sorely needing some punch.  I don't believe in Robby Anderson or Jermaine Kearse.

Holding out hope as I own him in a dynasty and will likely stay far away in redraft unless I can get him on the cheap as a backup.
My money would be on Enunwa, personally.

You should.
I agree.  Dude passes all of the tests, except the knucklehead test, so the hope is that he can keep himself out of the commissioner's office.  If he can, he should be a relatively reliable start going forward.  He has yet to play with a good QB, or on a good offense, yet he has put up very good numbers despite that.  Bridgewater/Darnold should be an upgrade to McCown (or McCown will win the job), and Robby has the look of a WR1 for this offense.  Has over 1500 yards and 9 TD in 2 seasons in the NFL, both in pretty bad offenses.  Stretches the field, high points the ball, solid RAC, averages over 14 yards per catch.  Not sure what more one could expect.

I agree.  Dude passes all of the tests, except the knucklehead test, so the hope is that he can keep himself out of the commissioner's office.  If he can, he should be a relatively reliable start going forward.  He has yet to play with a good QB, or on a good offense, yet he has put up very good numbers despite that.  Bridgewater/Darnold should be an upgrade to McCown (or McCown will win the job), and Robby has the look of a WR1 for this offense.  Has over 1500 yards and 9 TD in 2 seasons in the NFL, both in pretty bad offenses.  Stretches the field, high points the ball, solid RAC, averages over 14 yards per catch.  Not sure what more one could expect.
He came out and said he needs to mature and put the knucklehead factor behind him - of course he has to actually do it and not just say it.

Agree with the rest - He's a playmaker with very good deep speed and plays much stronger than he looks fighting for the ball despite being a bean-pole physically. He had a great rapport with McCown last year and was the only WR that made Bryce Petty even look close to being a competent QB in 20016 and 20017. He should be the Jets No. 1 WR (although he's probably best suited as a No. 2 long term) and should clear 1,000 yards with no suspension and health.

With the theoretical upgrade at QB, he has a pretty high ceiling and a fairly high floor.

Terrelle Pryor (ankle) is participating in team drills at Jets camp.

Pryor had previously been limited to individual work the first week of camp. This is his first action in 11-on-11 work. He's a bit behind but obviously hasn't missed any live game reps and will still push for a role in 3-4 WR sets.

Source: Connor Hughes on Twitter 

Aug 1 - 3:12 PM

Responding to Terrelle Pryor's claim that his May ankle issue was a new break, Jets coach Todd Bowles said Pryor should "keep his mouth shut and leave the injuries to me."

Pryor has typically had a difficult time endearing himself to his coaches, so it's notable as he tries to secure his 53-man roster spot. "Just" $1 million of Pryor's $3 million base salary is guaranteed. Pryor, who is coming back from what he says was an injury-ruined 2017 in Washington, was inactive for the Jets' preseason opener. He's also expected to sit out Thursday's game against his old team.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter 

Aug 14 - 1:44 PM

Users who are viewing this thread