What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (2 Viewers)

I'm not thread policing but if any guy doesn't deserve his own thread, it's him. 

And I like Pryor and am awed by his athletic freakishness and have been since Ohio State. If ever the Jets could cash a lottery ticket it would be a healthy, happy, focused Pryor and a QB that could get him the ball. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrelle Pryor caught all three of his targets for 49 yards in the Jets' Week 1 win over the Lions.

Pryor didn't see his first target until the second half. He was clearly the team's third receiver, but did out-target Robby Anderson 3-1, while both were well behind Quincy Enunwa (10 targets). Pryor will have to fight for scraps when Jermaine Kearse (abdomen) returns, possibly as soon as Week 2.

Sep 10 - 11:28 PM

I'm not up to date on why this happened.  Haven't followed TP but he did have a 1,000 yard season with Hue Jackson and the Browns have been devastated by WR injuries.

--------------------------------------------

Kimberly Jones‏Verified account @KimJonesSports

FollowFollow @KimJonesSports

#Jets announce they have released WR Terrelle Pryor and signed WR Deontay Burnett.

1:15 PM - 20 Oct 2018

WKBW's Joe Buscaglia reports the Bills could move Andre Holmes back to special teams, allowing Terrelle Pryor to play a "legitimate" offensive role on Sunday.

Holmes has played nearly half (49.4%) of Buffalo's offensive snaps this season. Buscaglia notes Pryor and the Bills have both pointed out "how quickly he's learning the playbook," which could ultimately lead to the uber-talented receiver playing a significant role on offense only six days after signing. Given their horrendous skill depth, Buffalo would be wise to give Pryor reps under center, too. It's still a concern whether Nathan Peterman can even get Pryor the ball when he's out there.

Source: WKBW.com 

Nov 3 - 2:59 PM

Wouldn't it be nice for FF to start a QB in a WR slot?  Kinda like years ago when you could start RB Keith Byars in your TE slot, even though he was a RB too.

Jaguars signed Terrelle Pryor.

It is an interesting landing spot for Pryor, who had not done much of anything since breaking out for 77 catches, 1,007 yards, and four touchdowns with the Browns back in 2016. While they do not have any elite talents, the Jaguars are deep at receiver and are getting back Marqise Lee after he missed all of last season with a knee injury. Pryor has the talent to win a role even in a crowded room, but his recent history suggests he could also be off the roster by the time Week 1 rolls around.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

May 30, 2019, 8:09 AM ET

Terrelle Pryor believes he found the right NFL landing spot

Excerpt:

“The problem for me the past two years was really my foot,” the receiver said when speaking to the media on Tuesday. “After I tore my ankle two years ago, it was just so hard stopping and starting. Finally, it’s to the point where I have no pain and feel no stoppage on my ankle."

Healthy again, Pryor looked for an opportunity to return to the NFL and be productive. But he didn't want to make another wrong move and see his career take further step back.

ESPN's Michael DiRocco doesn't expect Terrelle Pryor to make the 53-man roster.

The Jaguars have middling receiver depth, but Pryor was never more than a veteran flyer. He enters training camp behind Dede Westbrook, D.J. Chark, Chris Conley and Keelan Cole. A healthy return from Marqise Lee (knee) would likely leave Pryor without a spot.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jul 5, 2019, 5:12 PM ET

Always have a healthy respect for Pryor, doing whatever it takes, and for whatever team he can, to contribute. Lots of what seems like ego-less play and clearly a smart football player.

That said, he's super buried on this depth chart and I'd be very surprised if he was able to play a meaningful role, NFL or fantasy-wise.

We'll see, he's a hard guy to count out, but odds don't look good of him retaining a spot on this team. A team like the Skins or Ravens might actually be able to use him in the WR3/WR4 role. If I was the Seahawks I might even look to bring him in to help Metcalf's development, if not for positional depth as well.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
He can’t locate the ball in the air. One of the worst I’ve ever seen at this level.
I don't know about worst -- seemed to be pretty good at it when CLE used him consistently in the offense in 2016. Over 1K yards off 77 receptions -- not too shabby for the first full year of him ever playing the position.

I get the criticism -- he literally never played WR before the pros and took the time, energy, and dedication to learn it from the ground up. He's an athletic freak, instead of a pure receiver, but it's his dedication and do-whatever-it-takes, never-give-up spirit that I respect despite any (understandable) flaws his game may have.

Terrelle Pryor is day-to-day with a hamstring injury.

Pryor tweaked his hamstring in Thursday's preseason game against Miami. It doesn't sound like a long-term concern, though any missed time could prove costly in Pryor's pursuit of a 53-man roster spot. The former quarterback has totaled three catches for 26 yards on four targets during the team's preseason slate.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Aug 23, 2019, 1:38 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread