What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nick Foles era (1 Viewer)

So everyone is out on Foles after one bad game and a concussion? Barkley isn't ready, Vick looks like he could be out multiple weeks, and Foles has generally produced from a fantasy perspective. I'm considering picking him up just to keep him away from QBs needy teams I might face down the stretch, who could use Foles in a good matchup
You could also start Foles and watch him just roll back off the field again.

The Tampa game as an anomaly, apparently the Bucs D chose that week to start quitting on their coach.

The Dallas game was like the Dallas game last year for Foles, complete disaster.

This looks good, but maybe it just isn't and never will be.

So everyone is out on Foles after one bad game and a concussion? Barkley isn't ready, Vick looks like he could be out multiple weeks, and Foles has generally produced from a fantasy perspective. I'm considering picking him up just to keep him away from QBs needy teams I might face down the stretch, who could use Foles in a good matchup

The Tampa game as an anomaly, apparently the Bucs D chose that week to start quitting on their coach.

The Dallas game was like the Dallas game last year for Foles, complete disaster.

If anything, the Dallas game was the anomaly. Look at last year's stats.

Philly has played MUCH better on the road over the last couple of years. MOst of their real stinkers have come at home, where they haven't won since ....September OF LAST YEAR!

Barkley isn't ready, but if Foles is practicing by Thursday, I would be pretty confidant using him Sunday.

If anything, the Dallas game was the anomaly. Look at last year's stats.
Ok, let's look:

Rk Year G Date Age Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts

1 2012 9 2012-11-11 23-296 PHI DAL L 23-38 22 32 68.75% 219 1 1 85.3 6.84 6.06 0 0 0 0 0

2 2012 10 2012-11-18 23-303 PHI WAS L 6-31 * 21 46 45.65% 204 0 2 40.5 4.43 2.48 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

3 2012 11 2012-11-26 23-311 PHI CAR L 22-30 * 16 21 76.19% 119 0 0 89.2 5.67 5.67 1 0 0.00 0 0 0

4 2012 12 2012-12-02 23-317 PHI DAL L 33-38 * 22 34 64.71% 251 1 0 96.6 7.38 7.97 0 0 0 0 0

5 2012 13 2012-12-09 23-324 PHI TAM W 23-21 * 32 51 62.75% 381 2 0 98.6 7.47 8.25 3 27 9.00 1 1 6

6 2012 14 2012-12-13 23-328 PHI CIN L 13-34 * 16 33 48.48% 180 1 1 62.7 5.45 4.70 2 5 2.50 0 0 0

7 2012 15 2012-12-23 23-338 PHI WAS L 20-27 * 32 48 66.67% 345 1 1 85.9 7.19 6.67 4 10 2.50 0 0 0

Rk Year G Date Age Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts

8 2013 2 2013-09-15 24-238 PHI SDG L 30-33 0 1 0.00% 0 0 0 39.6 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 0

9 2013 4 2013-09-29 24-252 PHI DEN L 20-52 3 4 75.00% 49 1 0 155.2 12.25 17.25 0 0 0 0 0

10 2013 5 2013-10-06 24-259 PHI NYG W 36-21 16 25 64.00% 197 2 0 114.9 7.88 9.48 3 1 0.33 0 0 0

11 2013 6 2013-10-13 24-266 PHI TAM W 31-20 * 22 31 70.97% 296 3 0 133.3 9.55 11.48 3 2 0.67 1 1 6

12 2013 7 2013-10-20 24-273 PHI DAL L 3-17 * 11 29 37.93% 80 0 0 46.2 2.76 2.76 3 25 8.33 0 0 0

12 Games

On the face of it, you're right and I wasn't remembering the Dalls game(s) last year very well. Maybe it was that Redskins game after the Cowboys game I was thinking of. It wasn't all rosey, I see 4 subpar games in there out of 7 in 2012. Maybe 1 excellent game, 1 good game, 1 average game.

Statistically (this is what it's all about) it checks out.

Maybe he's a good add (again) after all, I suppose I was just pretty disgusted after that last outing. Still I would be careful starting him until he's fully through with the concussion issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at 2012, I'd throw out the game he came in cold for his first NFL action (and I think he outperformed Vick IIRC). He was pretty bad his 1st NFL start (21-46-204-0-2) and then looked pretty good for a 3-game stretch before another stinker (16-33-180-1-1) before a strong finish, going 32-48-345-1-1.

2013, I wouldn't count his 1 pass attempt coming in cold off the bench against the Chargers. Part time duty against Denver he was 3 of 4 for 49

with a TD. In essentially 1 half agains the Giants he was 16 of 25 for 197 and 2 TDs. Tampa was Tampa and then the game against Dallas.

Career 60% completion, 12 TDs and 5 INTs in 12 games. 84.7 QB rating

:shrug:

I don't think I can trust any Eagles QB again this year. After being burned repeatedly by Vick/Foles exiting the game early, I finally traded for another QB. Foles may have a few big games in him, but I'm not gonna risk starting him again. What about his phantom groin injury, is that in the past now?

If he's a go this week I'm starting him but I'm in a 2qb league. Regular leagues probably should wait and see unless you're desperate. Boom or bust this week. I'm hoping boom.

Looking at 2012, I'd throw out the game he came in cold for his first NFL action (and I think he outperformed Vick IIRC). He was pretty bad his 1st NFL start (21-46-204-0-2) and then looked pretty good for a 3-game stretch before another stinker (16-33-180-1-1) before a strong finish, going 32-48-345-1-1.

2013, I wouldn't count his 1 pass attempt coming in cold off the bench against the Chargers. Part time duty against Denver he was 3 of 4 for 49

with a TD. In essentially 1 half agains the Giants he was 16 of 25 for 197 and 2 TDs. Tampa was Tampa and then the game against Dallas.

Lets keep in mind that he was a rookie being asked to throw the ball close to 40x's a game.

Lets keep in mind that he was a rookie being asked to throw the ball close to 40x's a game.
While missing 9 starters

While missing 9 starters
Oh I agree. I was disputing the statement that the recent TB game as an anomaly and the Dallas game was more in line with what people can expect going forward. He's been a pretty good QB all things considered. That's what makes the Dallas game a head-scratcher. Very much contrary to what we'd expect from Foles.

Other than a couple of pretty bad games, I don't know what more people expect from him.

While missing 9 starters
Oh I agree. I was disputing the statement that the recent TB game as an anomaly and the Dallas game was more in line with what people can expect going forward. He's been a pretty good QB all things considered. That's what makes the Dallas game a head-scratcher. Very much contrary to what we'd expect from Foles.

Other than a couple of pretty bad games, I don't know what more people expect from him.
I think people have been so conditioned to only accept the "athletic QB" here that they write off anyone who isnt one of them. As soon as they suit up they're Hoying, Detmer, Kolb etc.

Good... Will be interesting to see how Foles responds after the Dalllas stinker. Can he put it behind him and learn from it, or is it in his head. Either way it'll be good to know.

I was down on him, but it's amazing how desperate circumstances can make you do a 180 on the players on your roster.

Now I'm hopeful again, but I am starting Pryor over him this week.

Hopefully this grows into a winning QBBC approach but I do want to see Foles last this game before I start him again.

Philly does have a nice 2nd half schedule, & there's DJax & McCoy and Foles seems to have a rapport with Cooper.

Good... Will be interesting to see how Foles responds after the Dalllas stinker. Can he put it behind him and learn from it, or is it in his head. Either way it'll be good to know.
He was close there vs Dallas. On the DAL 9 yard line, down just 10-0 in the late 3rd quarter, he had a legit shot of winning that game and maybe coming away with 2 TDs. Things changed very quickly.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
babydemon90 said:
He was close there vs Dallas. On the DAL 9 yard line, down just 10-0 in the late 3rd quarter, he had a legit shot of winning that game and maybe coming away with 2 TDs. Things changed very quickly.
I agree. As bad as the pass to Avant was it was catchable. The only way we were in the game was because of defense and Foles didn't turn the ball over.

Rotoworld:

Nick Foles will start Sunday's Week 9 game at Oakland.
Foles has been fully cleared of his Week 7 concussion. Despite a horrific performance before going down against the Cowboys, he's definitely a QB2 option in a plus matchup this week. In his first four appearances this season, Foles completed 41-of-61 passes (67.2 percent) for 542 yards with six touchdowns and no interceptions. He's far better than he showed in his last outing. DeSean Jackson owners shouldn't be panicked.

Related: DeSean Jackson
An MRI revealed that Michael Vick's latest hamstring pull is in the same spot as the first one.
Eager to shed his injury-prone label, Vick rushed back too soon from the initial pull he sustained in Week 5. He missed two games the first time around and could very well miss more time than that this time. Vick admitted to feeling another "pop." Nick Foles is in the saddle for the foreseeable future.

Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

I'm strangely eager to drop Vick so I can then drop Foles when he implodes so then I'll be rid of this cancerous Philly QB situation which is destroying my roster.

After watching him against the suspect Dallas D, Foles might be the worse QB in the league. I'm glad he gets his own thread tho

After watching him against the suspect Dallas D, Foles might be the worse QB in the league. I'm glad he gets his own thread tho
You obviously didn't see his other starts. Teams like Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Cleveland would kill for this guy. You should really watch more football.

You obviously didn't see his other starts. Teams like Jacksonville, Minnesota, and Cleveland would kill for this guy. You should really watch more football.
I watched him against Tampa which is why I scooped him up. Dallas made him look like he didn't belong in the league. He's all yours.

I watched him against Tampa which is why I scooped him up. Dallas made him look like he didn't belong in the league. He's all yours.
Did you watch him last year? Or are you basing your opinion on 1 game?

Foles on Bench and starting the OAK DEF :)
What makes you think a mediocre defense facing a QB with 101.2 QB rating and no INTs a good play? Just curious...
Because I actually watch the games.

OAK has outscored KC in DEF the past 3 weeks, by the way.

And, the Eagles are absolute garbage right now, a bottom-5 team on Offense. Their OL can't block.

I doubt Coles survives the game and Barkley is a bottom-3 NFL QB when he comes in.

What makes you think a mediocre defense facing a QB with 101.2 QB rating and no INTs a good play? Just curious...

And, the Eagles are absolute garbage right now, a bottom-5 team on Offense.

I doubt Coles survives the game and Barkley is a bottom-3 NFL QB when he comes in.
Nice edit

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but Jeffrey Lurie really threw ice water on Michael Vick's future in Philly. I own Vick (and Foles), it's destroying my roster, and I'm close to being able to pull the trigger to drop Vick after stories like this ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/lurie-says-finding-franchise-quarterback-is-eagles-no-1-priority/

Excerpt:

A day after Eagles coach Chip Kelly said he’s not thinking about who will be the team’s quarterback next year, the guy who signs the checks said he is.

“We need someone to step up, whether it’s an existing young quarterback or somebody we go out and acquire,” Jeffrey Lurie told Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com. “We know — this is no secret — quarterback is the [ultimate] position and the most important difference-maker.”

The clear import of Lurie’s remarks? The not young quarterback on the roster,Mike Vick, won’t be back.

“We want to have very healthy, high ability at that position, with excellent leadership and a lot of smarts and a lot of moxie. Someone that really can take that position and run with it,” Lurie said.

Again, not Mike Vick.

And, the Eagles are absolute garbage right now, a bottom-5 team on Offense. Their OL can't block.

Coles?

Lavernous or Bimbo?

Are you watching this one bro?

Are you watching this one bro?
:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread