What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nick Foles era (2 Viewers)

The story here in Oaktown is that Foles didn't have a spectacular game, just thew the ball to open receivers.

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Eagles-Foles-shred-Raiders-defense-win-49-20-4951752.php

When a quarterback throws for seven touchdowns to tie an NFL record, you would hope that he would do something special. Maybe make the occasional pass into tight coverage.

But Nick Foles - yes, ladies and gentlemen, that Nick Foles - threw seven touchdown passes Sunday afternoon against the Raiders by simply hitting the open man time and time again.
I think that's a little ungenerous; finding the open man requires at least pocket presence and accuracy. But the Raiders defense definitely sucked.
Go back and watch Peyton's 7 TD game and tell me where he was throwing the ball into tight coverage.

Next 2 weeks look pretty damn good @GB, vs. Wash.

Got burned by both Vick and Foles too many times this year so never even considered putting him in over Matt Ryan yesterday.

:ptts:
The matchup vs. Dallas looked pretty good too. This guy will be boom or bust. We know this. You seriously just won't have a clue when you start him what you are going to get.
Really? You don't see his starts and notice an outlier? Yeah, he played really bad in a game; a game he may have been injured from the start.

Got burned by both Vick and Foles too many times this year so never even considered putting him in over Matt Ryan yesterday.

The matchup vs. Dallas looked pretty good too. This guy will be boom or bust. We know this. You seriously just won't have a clue when you start him what you are going to get.
Really? You don't see his starts and notice an outlier? Yeah, he played really bad in a game; a game he may have been injured from the start.
They were reporting a groin injury that whole week. If he wasn't able to put his normal stride into each pass, it would explain his inaccuracy that game. With the exception of the Dallas game, accuracy is one of Foles' strong suits. I remember being baffled as I watched him struggle hitting wide open receivers that game.

They were reporting a groin injury that whole week. If he wasn't able to put his normal stride into each pass, it would explain his inaccuracy that game. With the exception of the Dallas game, accuracy is one of Foles' strong suits. I remember being baffled as I watched him struggle hitting wide open receivers that game.
Exactly, so this "boom or bust" label is baffling. People make decisions based on Sports Center analysis.

The story here in Oaktown is that Foles didn't have a spectacular game, just thew the ball to open receivers.

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Eagles-Foles-shred-Raiders-defense-win-49-20-4951752.php

When a quarterback throws for seven touchdowns to tie an NFL record, you would hope that he would do something special. Maybe make the occasional pass into tight coverage.

But Nick Foles - yes, ladies and gentlemen, that Nick Foles - threw seven touchdown passes Sunday afternoon against the Raiders by simply hitting the open man time and time again.
I think that's a little ungenerous; finding the open man requires at least pocket presence and accuracy. But the Raiders defense definitely sucked.
Go back and watch Peyton's 7 TD game and tell me where he was throwing the ball into tight coverage.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000239018/article/peyton-manning-tosses-seven-td-passes-broncos-roll

2:40 he drops a pass into a narrow window in the zone. 3:45 he puts the ball right on the hands of a receiver who's decently covered. 4:55 Thomas is well covered and Manning puts it where only he can get it.

Certainly good quarterbacks improve their WRs chances of getting open in various ways (looking off defenders, pump fakes).

I can't remember who talked me back into Foles but I thank you (or several of you...).

I was excited by the Eagles offense at the beginning and that's returned.

Just some notes about the attempts to dismiss this performance, these are the only other guys to accomplish this feat - 5 of the other 6 are Hall of Famers, the other was the former 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft:

- Peyton Manning, future HOF'er, no explanation required

- Sid Luckman - HOF'er, still the all time Bears passing leader

- George Blanda - HOF'er, threw the ball like a mad bad gunslinger, a great

- YA Tittle - HOF'er (played at LSU btw)

- Joe Kapp - led the Vikes to the Super Bowl, a legendary NFL & CFL player, might have been a HOF'er if he had played his whole career in the NFL, he is a CFL HOF'er

- Adrian Burk - people may not know about him, yes a former Eagle, but he was not only a former 1st round draft pick but he was the 2nd overall pick the year he came out - a great talent (led the NFL in passing TD's & QB rating the year he set the record) whose career was cut short for some unknown reason more or less a year after he had his record setting performance, he went on to a long and illustrious career as an NFL executive and referee

Last edited by a moderator:
Foles scored 63.47 pts week 9 ... My QBBC (Eli, RGIII, & Cutler) has scored 76.29 the entire season

Over the past 3 weeks my qbs have combined for less points (3.63) than Foles bad week (4.33)

So i'd gladly be in ... but I have almost 0% chance of getting him off the ww.

Small sample size, but still nice company... Net Yards/Attempt:

Manning 8.31

Foles 7.97

Rodgers 7.83

Rivers 7.82

Brees 7.43

Stafford 7.31

Vick 7.15

Kaepernick 7.07

Dalton 6.97

Cutler 6.75

Ryan 6.71

Romo 6.59

Griffin 6.51

Wilson 6.50

Roethlisberger 6.30

Manning 6.28

Newton 6.21

Luck 6.06

Flacco 5.99

Locker 5.93

G Smith 5.89

Schaub 5.83

Ponder 5.80

Henne 5.76

Bradford 5.74

Palmer 5.71

Brady 5.70

Pryor 5.68

Manuel 5.59

Tannehill 5.37

A Smith 5.23

Lewis 5.01

Glennon 4.83

Weeden 4.61

Freeman 4.52
Added: Keenum 10.5

Just some notes about the attempts to dismiss this performance, these are the only other guys to accomplish this feat - 5 of the other 6 are Hall of Famers, the other was the former 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft:

- Peyton Manning, future HOF'er, no explanation required

- Sid Luckman - HOF'er, still the all time Bears passing leader

- George Blanda - HOF'er, threw the ball like a mad bad gunslinger, a great

- YA Tittle - HOF'er (played at LSU btw)

- Joe Kapp - led the Vikes to the Super Bowl, a legendary NFL & CFL player, might have been a HOF'er if he had played his whole career in the NFL, he is a CFL HOF'er

- Adrian Burk - people may not know about him, yes a former Eagle, but he was not only a former 1st round draft pick but he was the 2nd overall pick the year he came out - a great talent (led the NFL in passing TD's & QB rating the year he set the record) whose career was cut short for some unknown reason more or less a year after he had his record setting performance, he went on to a long and illustrious career as an NFL executive and referee
He's also the only one to accomplish 7 TDs while attaining a perfect QB rating. I believe I heard he's also the only one to throw his 7th by the 3rd quarter.

You have to find the open WR. That means scanning the field quickly. That takes a skill. Pryor, on the other hand, has none of that. That clown would drop back, look at the 1st read and then run around, sometimes turning his back to the receivers. Foles was awesome, Pryor was pure garbage and won't be QB too much longer.

Small sample size, but still nice company... Net Yards/Attempt:

Foles 7.97

Tannehill 5.37

Weeden 4.61
This is called a mistake in the draft. I was just on PFR looking at Foles advanced passing numbers. They are unreal across the board right now.

So does Vick have a shot at getting the starting QB job back or do we think Foles is now firmly entrenched as the starter?

Nick Foles' performance against the Raiders was meaningless because he's not Peyton Manning

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Nick-Foles-performance-against-the-Raiders-was-meaningless-because-hes-not-Peyton-Manning.html

Nick Foles may have had the performance of the NFL season yesterday, when he completed 22 of 28 passes for 404 yards, and 7 TDs.

Or so we thought.

If you're an Eagles fan and were looking forward to enjoying your day at the office, celebrating what was arguably the best performance ever by an Eagles QB, just know that Foles' record setting performance was merely a product of a league where your obese neighbor down the street could have done the same thing.

So say some national writers who are here to inform you that Nick Foles' performance was not as impressive as you think. Jason Cole of The National Football Post was at least kind enough to say that "Foles deserves great credit" before proceeding to take a dump all over his record setting afternoon, noting that the NFL is a league where QBs are putting up bigger numbers than they used to.

"Thus, while Foles deserves great credit for his historic performance, it might be time for people in the league office to take a good look at what they are creating. Maybe, just maybe, the fans might not take it seriously anymore if it keeps happening."

See what you did NFL?!?!? You made Nick Foles be good, you thoughtless idiots! Change the rules so this never happens again!

Only Peyton Manning can throw for 7 TDs for it to be legit, as Cole points out:

"While Manning’s achievement didn’t raise eyebrows, Foles’ record effort should."

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman (formerly of CBS Sports, the New York Times, Washington Post, and others) didn't even bother with the "Give Foles credit" nonsense. He just went right at it, calling Foles' performance "garbage."

"In tying the NFL record for touchdowns in a game with seven, what Foles did was take advantage of today's NFL. That isn't hard. You know why it isn't hard? Because Nick freaking Foles did it."

Freeman sang a different tune after Peyton Manning's 7 TD performance Week 1. After that performance, Freeman gushed:

• "Buzz Aldrin wears Peyton Manning pajamas."
  • "This is what the great ones do. They make playing the position look so simple—like turning on the dishwasher, when playing quarterback is more like piloting a Mars rover."
  • "Please don't start with the "it's only one game" stuff. This wasn't an ordinary game, because Peyton Manning is no ordinary quarterback."
When Nick Foles did it, it was completely disregarded.

• "As great as the sport is, as beautiful as it can be, it's totally, completely and utterly rigged for the offense."
  • "I don't know how these quarterbacks play with a straight face. They can't be touched. Their receivers can be barely touched. Exhale on offensive players with any sort of forcible breaths and out come the penalty flags."
  • "Did Foles splice Joe Montana's DNA into his mitochondria overnight? No, the rules allow players with moderate levels of skill to perform like supermen. In many ways, it's almost cheating."
  • "When Manning threw for seven touchdowns in the season opener, it was the first time in 44 years that had happened, and he was just the sixth player to do it. Along comes Nick freaking Foles just two months later. And yes, there is a difference between Manning doing it and Foles. Manning has a dozen Pro Bowls, two Super Bowls, a league MVP--there is an immense body of work. He also did it against the defending Super Bowl champions. Foles has no such track record and he did it against the Raiders."
  • "This will happen again soon. Maybe even this season. Maybe it will be Manning once more. Or Foles again. Hell, Blaine Gabbert might have a shot. Because the NFL is morphing into something. The CFL."
Mike Freeman, for the record, wrote a 600+ word training camp preview about the Eagles at a time when there was an open competition for the starting QB job between Foles and Michael Vick, and Freeman somehow managed to not type Nick Foles' name once. In fact, he skipped right over Foles and went right to Matt Barkley:

"The quarterback situation is a mess. It's basically an open competition that Mike Vick will likely win but even if he does, Vick doesn't stay healthy. Fourth-round pick Matt Barkley will see playing time, maybe a significant amount."

But I digress.
The moral of the story here is that if Peyton Manning does something great, sit him down in the nearest recliner and hand-feed him grapes like the ancient Romans used to do. If Nick Foles does something great, figure out where the NFL has failed us.

Well, he did go 16-25 for 197 against the Giants. 2 TD's. Very mediocre. Beat up Tampa Bay and Oakland. Horrid against the Cowboys. Just OK vs. the Giants.

Well, he did go 16-25 for 197 against the Giants. 2 TD's. Very mediocre. Beat up Tampa Bay and Oakland. Horrid against the Cowboys. Just OK vs. the Giants.
This year against the Giants? That was in 1 half of play. Pretty good for a half, no?

I can't remember who talked me back into Foles but I thank you (or several of you...).

I was excited by the Eagles offense at the beginning and that's returned.

He hung up the pads after the 1956 season to attend law school. He became a successful trial lawyer in Houston and when the American Football League was formed in 1960, he took a front office job with the Oilers. After a few years, hereturned to his law practice, but kept his hand in the game by working as an official. He refereed games on the college level and then went to the NFL.

What is Foles value in Dynasty? How would you compare him to a Tannehill, Locker, Bradford, etc.

What is Foles value in Dynasty? How would you compare him to a Tannehill, Locker, Bradford, etc.
I have him at #13, above all those guys.
I would rank him above Locker and Bradford but underneath Tannehill. I still think there is some uncertainty with Foles where I think Tannehill is a little more solid, at least in my mind. It's a sliding scale but certainly Foles could move up with a solid ending of the season, still has to prove he can be consistent on a regular basis for me.

Maggot Brain said:

The moral of the story here is that if Peyton Manning does something great, sit him down in the nearest recliner and hand-feed him grapes like the ancient Romans used to do. If Nick Foles does something great, figure out where the NFL has failed us.
i did not RTFA but it sounds like the real point they're trying to make is that when a QB throw 7 TDs for the first time in 44 years it's a big deal... but when another one happens a few weeks later, it does kind of call into question whether the act has the meaning we thought it did in the first place. Despite a certain degree of bitterness over Foles after he gave me a lousy 3 points against Dallas, i really don't want to take anything away from his performance yesterday, but i can still see that point of view. Suppose someone like Alex Smith or Jake Locker or some other JAG pulls off a 7 TD game in a few weeks... it's gotta say SOMETHING about the current state of the NFL when this supposedly rare event happens with a certain degree of frequency.

Not that this excuses any hypocrisy re: Peyton Manning vs Nick Foles. I just think the larger point may have merit. If it doesn't happen again for another few years then we'll understand this as two transcendent performances from great QBs. If this is just the beginning of the Golden Age of NFL Passing, well, how much credit does Foles really deserve? Unfortunately i didn't see the game, so no real choice for me but to reserve judgement.

Maggot Brain said:

i did not RTFA but it sounds like the real point they're trying to make is that when a QB throw 7 TDs for the first time in 44 years it's a big deal... but when another one happens a few weeks later, it does kind of call into question whether the act has the meaning we thought it did in the first place. Despite a certain degree of bitterness over Foles after he gave me a lousy 3 points against Dallas, i really don't want to take anything away from his performance yesterday, but i can still see that point of view. Suppose someone like Alex Smith or Jake Locker or some other JAG pulls off a 7 TD game in a few weeks... it's gotta say SOMETHING about the current state of the NFL when this supposedly rare event happens with a certain degree of frequency.

Not that this excuses any hypocrisy re: Peyton Manning vs Nick Foles. I just think the larger point may have merit. If it doesn't happen again for another few years then we'll understand this as two transcendent performances from great QBs. If this is just the beginning of the Golden Age of NFL Passing, well, how much credit does Foles really deserve? Unfortunately i didn't see the game, so no real choice for me but to reserve judgement.
It's still 7td passes, it's pretty amazing in any era. No Qb in history has ever thrown for more in any 1 game, it's not as ho hum as you make it out to be and I don't think we have to wait a few years to crown this as a historic accomplishment. We all know there's more passing now and there's plenty of big games I'm sure on the horizon but until someone throws 8 he is the man, with a few others.

It's still 7td passes, it's pretty amazing in any era.
It's amazing to us now, but is it still going to be amazing the 5th time it happens this season? That's the point. Kinda like how running the 100m in under 10s was once just totally amazing and now it's pretty much just what you do if you're a world class sprinter.

but hey, maybe it'll be another 44 years till it happens again, in which case, yes it's pretty amazing.

Chaka said:
Chaka said:
So does Vick have a shot at getting the starting QB job back or do we think Foles is now firmly entrenched as the starter?
The question stands.
Chip can avoid the question because Vick isn't healthy. If vick was healthy today, I'm pretty certain foles would be named the starter.

It's amazing to us now, but is it still going to be amazing the 5th time it happens this season? That's the point. Kinda like how running the 100m in under 10s was once just totally amazing and now it's pretty much just what you do if you're a world class sprinter.

but hey, maybe it'll be another 44 years till it happens again, in which case, yes it's pretty amazing.
It hasn't happened 5 times though, so it's not fair to Foles to treat this as if he threw for 4 tds and it's just another good game.

So was Peterson's 2000 yards last year really like 2500 since this is a passing era. Maybe we witnessed the greatest rushing performance in history last year in a passing era.

Chaka said:
Chaka said:
The question stands.
Chip can avoid the question because Vick isn't healthy. If vick was healthy today, I'm pretty certqin he'd be named the starter.
I am pretty certain he would not and Foles would be. How do you bench a guy that played that well on a team that has been struggling offensively and were in a QBBC for the past few weeks.

Chaka said:
Chaka said:
The question stands.
Chip can avoid the question because Vick isn't healthy. If vick was healthy today, I'm pretty certqin he'd be named the starter.
I am concerned about the same, but he was pretty quick to declare Vick inactive for the Packers game. If Foles has another solid outing could Vick remain injured all season? Jeffrey Lurie already said the team needs to find their QB of the future, he tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube on that one but it seemed to indicate at the very least that Vick was not that guy.

CalBear said:
cstu said:
CalBear said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000239018/article/peyton-manning-tosses-seven-td-passes-broncos-roll

2:40 he drops a pass into a narrow window in the zone. 3:45 he puts the ball right on the hands of a receiver who's decently covered. 4:55 Thomas is well covered and Manning puts it where only he can get it.

Certainly good quarterbacks improve their WRs chances of getting open in various ways (looking off defenders, pump fakes).
Reading the field and making the correct decision isn't a knock on him. Good for him noticing Ertz was open in the end zone instead of forcing it to Jackson, seeing that McCoy had no one on the sideline in front of him instead of going over the middle where most the defenders were. That's what you want.

Some of Cooper's TD's I noticed he was one on one with the defender, so Foles led him just enough to let me make a play. I don't think Cooper was 'wide open' on those throws (on the one the defender fell down, I'm pretty sure he fell after the ball was thrown trying to defend Cooper. That's a plus for Foles - not locking onto Jackson, but reading the field and hitting the open guy.

Maggot Brain said:
Nick Foles' performance against the Raiders was meaningless because he's not Peyton Manning

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Nick-Foles-performance-against-the-Raiders-was-meaningless-because-hes-not-Peyton-Manning.html

Nick Foles may have had the performance of the NFL season yesterday, when he completed 22 of 28 passes for 404 yards, and 7 TDs.

Or so we thought.

If you're an Eagles fan and were looking forward to enjoying your day at the office, celebrating what was arguably the best performance ever by an Eagles QB, just know that Foles' record setting performance was merely a product of a league where your obese neighbor down the street could have done the same thing.

So say some national writers who are here to inform you that Nick Foles' performance was not as impressive as you think. Jason Cole of The National Football Post was at least kind enough to say that "Foles deserves great credit" before proceeding to take a dump all over his record setting afternoon, noting that the NFL is a league where QBs are putting up bigger numbers than they used to.

"Thus, while Foles deserves great credit for his historic performance, it might be time for people in the league office to take a good look at what they are creating. Maybe, just maybe, the fans might not take it seriously anymore if it keeps happening."

See what you did NFL?!?!? You made Nick Foles be good, you thoughtless idiots! Change the rules so this never happens again!

Only Peyton Manning can throw for 7 TDs for it to be legit, as Cole points out:

"While Mannings achievement didnt raise eyebrows, Foles record effort should."

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman (formerly of CBS Sports, the New York Times, Washington Post, and others) didn't even bother with the "Give Foles credit" nonsense. He just went right at it, calling Foles' performance "garbage."

"In tying the NFL record for touchdowns in a game with seven, what Foles did was take advantage of today's NFL. That isn't hard. You know why it isn't hard? Because Nick freaking Foles did it."

Freeman sang a different tune after Peyton Manning's 7 TD performance Week 1. After that performance, Freeman gushed:

• "Buzz Aldrin wears Peyton Manning pajamas."
  • "This is what the great ones do. They make playing the position look so simplelike turning on the dishwasher, when playing quarterback is more like piloting a Mars rover."
  • "Please don't start with the "it's only one game" stuff. This wasn't an ordinary game, because Peyton Manning is no ordinary quarterback."
When Nick Foles did it, it was completely disregarded.
  • "As great as the sport is, as beautiful as it can be, it's totally, completely and utterly rigged for the offense."
  • "I don't know how these quarterbacks play with a straight face. They can't be touched. Their receivers can be barely touched. Exhale on offensive players with any sort of forcible breaths and out come the penalty flags."
  • "Did Foles splice Joe Montana's DNA into his mitochondria overnight? No, the rules allow players with moderate levels of skill to perform like supermen. In many ways, it's almost cheating."
  • "When Manning threw for seven touchdowns in the season opener, it was the first time in 44 years that had happened, and he was just the sixth player to do it. Along comes Nick freaking Foles just two months later. And yes, there is a difference between Manning doing it and Foles. Manning has a dozen Pro Bowls, two Super Bowls, a league MVP--there is an immense body of work. He also did it against the defending Super Bowl champions. Foles has no such track record and he did it against the Raiders."
  • "This will happen again soon. Maybe even this season. Maybe it will be Manning once more. Or Foles again. Hell, Blaine Gabbert might have a shot. Because the NFL is morphing into something. The CFL."
Mike Freeman, for the record, wrote a 600+ word training camp preview about the Eagles at a time when there was an open competition for the starting QB job between Foles and Michael Vick, and Freeman somehow managed to not type Nick Foles' name once. In fact, he skipped right over Foles and went right to Matt Barkley:"The quarterback situation is a mess. It's basically an open competition that Mike Vick will likely win but even if he does, Vick doesn't stay healthy. Fourth-round pick Matt Barkley will see playing time, maybe a significant amount."

But I digress.

Plus looking at the stats, Oakland is a better defense than Baltimore. Before this week Oakland ranked 10th and Baltimore ranked 16th. Perception is rarely reality in the press.

Chaka said:
Chaka said:
The question stands.
I am concerned about the same, but he was pretty quick to declare Vick inactive for the Packers game. If Foles has another solid outing could Vick remain injured all season? Jeffrey Lurie already said the team needs to find their QB of the future, he tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube on that one but it seemed to indicate at the very least that Vick was not that guy.
Actually what I meant was Foles would be the starter. Worded that wrong. Sorry.

It hasn't happened 5 times though, so it's not fair to Foles to treat this as if he threw for 4 tds and it's just another good game.

So was Peterson's 2000 yards last year really like 2500 since this is a passing era. Maybe we witnessed the greatest rushing performance in history last year in a passing era.
Yeah....I'm not buying the argument about a passing era. Scores are up, but not by 10 points/game. Maybe 7 today is more like 6 was 30 years ago. Maybe it's a bit too much to call it the greatest passing performance of all time- but it's certainly not going to suddenly become commonplace either. And let's not forget that Nick did this in THREE QUARTERS- all of the others used all four.

Team rushing yards have been relatively stable, so I don't think Peterson's performance, as awesome as it was, can be legitimately declared the GOAT.

Chaka said:
Chaka said:
The question stands.
I am pretty certain he would not and Foles would be. How do you bench a guy that played that well on a team that has been struggling offensively and were in a QBBC for the past few weeks.
Yea edited it. I meant foles would be the starter.

I am excited by his performance, but how did he look so bad against Dallas? Maybe that groin injury had an effect or maybe the concussion jarred something loose...Screw it I'm rolling with Foles, he's got some good matchups...

I am excited by his performance, but how did he look so bad against Dallas? Maybe that groin injury had an effect or maybe the concussion jarred something loose...Screw it I'm rolling with Foles, he's got some good matchups...
Messy NFC East game.

Let's remember he got knocked out with his team on the DAL 9 yard line or so and down a score in the late 3rd quarter.

I know it has only been a few starts but Foles looks the part. Anyone worried about his durability? He missed games his rookie year with an injury and already had a concussion and groin issue this year.

Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
cstu said:
Alluro said:
I have him at #13, above all those guys.
I would rank him above Locker and Bradford but underneath Tannehill. I still think there is some uncertainty with Foles where I think Tannehill is a little more solid, at least in my mind. It's a sliding scale but certainly Foles could move up with a solid ending of the season, still has to prove he can be consistent on a regular basis for me.
You'd take my Tannehill straight up for your Foles?

Think it just had to be the groin injury. If he was a little off we might say he put up a stinker. But as a Cowboys fan I watched most of that game, and he wasn’t just bad, it was one of the worst performances I've seen as far as missing wide open WRs by a wide margin over and over again. Its almost as if he had to be injured to be that inaccurate.

Of course I have Foles rostered so that’s my story and I am sticking to it. :)

Thanks to the great news that Rodgers will be out for 3 weeks I have to run with Nick. As much as an Eagles fan as I am, I HATE having Eagles on my team.

Think it just had to be the groin injury. If he was a little off we might say he put up a stinker. But as a Cowboys fan I watched most of that game, and he wasn’t just bad, it was one of the worst performances I've seen as far as missing wide open WRs by a wide margin over and over again. Its almost as if he had to be injured to be that inaccurate.

Of course I have Foles rostered so that’s my story and I am sticking to it. :)
If the injury was so bad how did he recover so soon?

Think it just had to be the groin injury. If he was a little off we might say he put up a stinker. But as a Cowboys fan I watched most of that game, and he wasnt just bad, it was one of the worst performances I've seen as far as missing wide open WRs by a wide margin over and over again. Its almost as if he had to be injured to be that inaccurate.

Of course I have Foles rostered so thats my story and I am sticking to it. :)
If the injury was so bad how did he recover so soon?
Groin pull. Can heal in a week but playing through it may affec t your play. Especially for a qb that needs to plant and throw.

well but it has happened 2 times in as many months, so IMO it's fair to wonder...

either way I don't remember hearing or reading anyone calling AP's 2012 numbers anything less than virtuosic, i think it's pretty safe to say it was at least among the greatest rushing performances in history.

Users who are viewing this thread