What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nick Foles era (2 Viewers)

I agree that his skill set -- accuracy, pocket awareness (which may be somewhat marginal for Foles, btw) and an ability to find the open guy are the skills a QB needs to be successful. That's why I liked him coming into the league and why I ended up with him in almost all my leagues when the roulette wheel stopped.

But right now his adjusted net yards/attempt number (indexed for the era that he plays in) would lead Dan Marino for first place EVER among QBs who had at least 400 attempts that year while in their first or second year as a pro and under 25 years old.

So the question in my mind is how far he regresses? Is he ultimately an Eli/Schaub type that hangs around the QB1/2 cut line for several years or is he a FF difference maker? There's a big gap between "legitimate NFL starter and a FF #1 QB" and "greatest passer in the history of the NFL" and I'm not sure where in that range he falls.

Either way, for NFL purposes I do think the Eagles have a guy they can win with if they get the rest of the team upgraded and that using an early pick on a QB next year would be silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that his skill set -- accuracy, pocket awareness (which may be somewhat marginal for Foles, btw) and an ability to find the open guy are the skills a QB needs to be successful. That's why I liked him coming into the league and why I ended up with him in almost all my leagues when the roulette wheel stopped.

But right now his adjusted net yards/attempt number (indexed for the era that he plays in) would lead Dan Marino for first place EVER among QBs who had at least 400 attempts that year while in their first or second year as a pro and under 25 years old.

So the question in my mind is how far he regresses? Is he ultimately an Eli/Schaub type that hangs around the QB1/2 cut line for several years or is he a FF difference maker? There's a big gap between "legitimate NFL starter and a FF #1 QB" and "greatest passer in the history of the NFL" and I'm not sure where in that range he falls.

Either way, for NFL purposes I do think the Eagles have a guy they can win with if they get the rest of the team upgraded and that using an early pick on a QB next year would be silly.
I agree with all of this. In the Raiders game, he was definitely 'in the zone.' I would love to see him in a game vs. Denver or the Patriots while he is in that zone, and we'll really see what he is capable of. That way, there's a little more in the way of resistence, and teams would definitely get more pressure on him.

So to sum up, I think NickFo falls in somewhere in the middle of where the media/press sees him (Dallas game level) and where most of us see him (Raiders game). I think most of us are honest enough to know that the Raiders game was the perfect storm - He's not going to break a ton of passing records, IMO. But until proven otherwise, I tend to lean towards the upper 2/3s or that range. I think that if he had gotten those two or 3 TDs this past weekend, it would have been what we will look back on as an 'average' or 'median' game for him.

With that said, I strongly believe ( and think that Chip has gotta be thinking the same way ) that we take Best Player Available throughout the draft, and somewhere at the top of the second half of the draft, grab a QB, that can grow in Chip's system, and be a viable backup and ready if Foles gets injured.

What is most important is the system. And I believe Kelly's system allows you to plug in players of similar ability without giving up too much if someone is hurt. So we build the rest of the team in the draft.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this year plays out - it's already ahead of my wildest expectations, honestly.

Assuming Foles doesn't crap the bed in the last five games I'd think he's done enough to go into next year as the starter and that they'd look to fill other holes in 2014. But no one ever knows.
I agree. That being said, he has gotten pretty lucky on some terrible ducks that happen to turn into TD's when 80% of the time it is picked off. I think he's pretty good, but far from anywhere near as good as his numbers suggest.

jesseasi said:
And Nick Foles is garbage after his ONE bad game against Dallas. The media and "experts" continue to write him off and talk about all this as a fluke. Andrew Luck has three times this year had games without a TD - yet he is the second coming of Jesus.

Didn't Ron Jaworski declare Kaepernick as a top 5 QB going into this season. I love how he broke down how he spins the ball and has made great decisions.....hows those 150 yards passing per week working out now?
Kaepernick is the reason people should remain cautious about Foles. Small sample sizes can often be completely wrong (check out McCown's #s so far). I'm close to sold on the guy, but it's easy to understand why not everyone would be.
I fully understand how misleading a small sample size can be. A 16 game season is a small sample size in general compared to sports like baseball and basketball where fluke are less likely to hold up for a season. So you're absolutely right, this isn't over yet. I still want to see what he does after teams make the proper adjustments. From listening to Chip and Foles in interviews they are more than ready for that day. And I want to see him a few games vs elite defenses. The only sample of that was a few passes vs Den.You mentioned before he has a few fluke TDs. At the time I was thinking the numbers always even themselves out. I'm sure the story that the numbers will continue to tell is that he is highly accurate, capable of throwing for high yards and muti-TDs every week with out being turnover prone(ie a good-great QB). This week, sure enough he could have added 2-3 TDs to his crazy streak for every fluke TD he has. Someone like Kaep had obvious flaws, he's a one read and go player. Now when you take away/guess his 1st read he's confused. I think Bloom was the 1st person to notice that.

My response is what is Foles doing that isn't repeatable aside from never throwing a int?
Denver is an elite defense?

As bad as Foles played in the Dallas game, he still didn't throw any picks. Think of when Eli or Flacco have bad games. How many turnovers are there. People really keep harping on how bad the Dallas game was but he left early due to injury and didn't turn the ball over. I wish my qbs bad games all had no turnovers.

jesseasi said:
And Nick Foles is garbage after his ONE bad game against Dallas. The media and "experts" continue to write him off and talk about all this as a fluke. Andrew Luck has three times this year had games without a TD - yet he is the second coming of Jesus.

Didn't Ron Jaworski declare Kaepernick as a top 5 QB going into this season. I love how he broke down how he spins the ball and has made great decisions.....hows those 150 yards passing per week working out now?
Kaepernick is the reason people should remain cautious about Foles. Small sample sizes can often be completely wrong (check out McCown's #s so far). I'm close to sold on the guy, but it's easy to understand why not everyone would be.
I fully understand how misleading a small sample size can be. A 16 game season is a small sample size in general compared to sports like baseball and basketball where fluke are less likely to hold up for a season. So you're absolutely right, this isn't over yet. I still want to see what he does after teams make the proper adjustments. From listening to Chip and Foles in interviews they are more than ready for that day. And I want to see him a few games vs elite defenses. The only sample of that was a few passes vs Den.You mentioned before he has a few fluke TDs. At the time I was thinking the numbers always even themselves out. I'm sure the story that the numbers will continue to tell is that he is highly accurate, capable of throwing for high yards and muti-TDs every week with out being turnover prone(ie a good-great QB). This week, sure enough he could have added 2-3 TDs to his crazy streak for every fluke TD he has. Someone like Kaep had obvious flaws, he's a one read and go player. Now when you take away/guess his 1st read he's confused. I think Bloom was the 1st person to notice that.

My response is what is Foles doing that isn't repeatable aside from never throwing a int?
Too lazy to edit. That was the best def Phi faced all season IMO.

Let's not forget that Foles came out of the Dallas game w a concussion. Perhaps it happened before he was pulled and can explain his one bad game?

Foles is not a special QB physically in anyway. However, he seems to have a complete mindmeld with Kelly when it comes to navigating the options available to the quarterback on each play, which is the crux of the offense. He is making the right read, and executing well on a high percentage of throws. Riley Cooper's breakout and LeSean McCoy being just about perfect for the Chip Kelly offense on those zone runs has helped, but the key here has been decision-making - like his TD-to-INT ratio, it has been nearly flawless.

Even if the Eagles draft/sign another QB, hard to see anyone but Foles starting week 1.

Let's not forget that Foles came out of the Dallas game w a concussion. Perhaps it happened before he was pulled and can explain his one bad game?

Foles is not a special QB physically in anyway. However, he seems to have a complete mindmeld with Kelly when it comes to navigating the options available to the quarterback on each play, which is the crux of the offense. He is making the right read, and executing well on a high percentage of throws. Riley Cooper's breakout and LeSean McCoy being just about perfect for the Chip Kelly offense on those zone runs has helped, but the key here has been decision-making - like his TD-to-INT ratio, it has been nearly flawless.

Even if the Eagles draft/sign another QB, hard to see anyone but Foles starting week 1.
At 6'4+ 240 +/- he is exactly what you want from a QB physically. He's foot slow, but he's a traditional pocket passer. I don't have any problems with him physically. I agree with the rest of your post 100%. Riley Cooper is becoming what Criner was for him at Arizona almost.

At 6'4+ 240 +/- he is exactly what you want from a QB physically. He's foot slow, but he's a traditional pocket passer. I don't have any problems with him physically.I agree with the rest of your post 100%. Riley Cooper is becoming what Criner was for him at Arizona almost.
you're right, his size is ideal, which helps him be viable to keep the defenses honest by exercising the QB option on the runs when they don't honor it - giving the PHI offense some easy yards on the ground without having to worry about Foles getting crumpled by a big hit.

Better then Kansas City?

Better then Kansas City?
Probably meant best D that Foles actually saw time against (although it wasn't much), Foles didn't play against KC.

Better then Kansas City?
Probably meant best D that Foles actually saw time against (although it wasn't much), Foles didn't play against KC.
I guess so. But I wouldn't call the 28th ranked pass Defense an "elite" defense, or even one that's better then GB or NYG

Deamon said:
Chaka said:
Deamon said:

Better then Kansas City?
I guess so. But I wouldn't call the 28th ranked pass Defense an "elite" defense, or even one that's better then GB or NYG
The Giants just faced Freeman, Barkley, Pryor, and Tolzien. You can throw rankings out the window there. Den still has a good def.

Deamon said:
Chaka said:
Deamon said:

Better then Kansas City?
Are you using the total yards against ranking? If so< I think that's not the greatest stat to use. Denver, of course, will be way down on that list. They score a lot, blow people out, and force them to pass. They have the fourth best rushing defense rating for the same reason their passing defense is so low using those statistics.

Holy cow. If your link had had the article title "Vick: Foles should remain Eagles' starting QB" instead of the URL, I'd have been willing to bet before clicking on it that it was an Onion article (now that I think of it, you could have made a pretty funny one out of it). What a change we're seeing out of this guy.

How can you read things like this and *not* be impressed as hell with the effect Chip has had on this locker room in the span of just five or six months?

Well, let's not get the annointing oil out just yet. Vick can see the writing on the wall here for sure. The team was 1-4 with him, is 5-1 with Foles and Foles has 18 total TDs and only one turnover. Vick is also 33 and a FA at the end of the season. So he knows this is Foles's show and that he'll be looking for a new team.

There's nothing to say wanting to be a good teammate and being on your best behavior to get one more deal are mutually exclusive, but Vick does have a few million incentives to keep his nose clean and get out of the next two months healthy.

mike vick reminds me of an old 440 scropion snowmobile i used to have that baby was fast as an arrow when you got her lined up and running right and would blow past anything but man she was broke most of the time and for no good reason that snowmobile hated dogs just kidding about the dogs part a snowmobile can not even have an opinion about a dog let alone formulate hatred anyhow that baby was a sweet ride but all the same it never worked right and so now she is parts take that to the bank brohans

mike vick reminds me of an old 440 scropion snowmobile i used to have that baby was fast as an arrow when you got her lined up and running right and would blow past anything but man she was broke most of the time and for no good reason that snowmobile hated dogs just kidding about the dogs part a snowmobile can not even have an opinion about a dog let alone formulate hatred anyhow that baby was a sweet ride but all the same it never worked right and so now she is parts take that to the bank brohans
I need to remember to look at who authors posts before reading (or in this case attempting to read) it.

Painful

Well, let's not get the annointing oil out just yet. Vick can see the writing on the wall here for sure. The team was 1-4 with him, is 5-1 with Foles and Foles has 18 total TDs and only one turnover. Vick is also 33 and a FA at the end of the season. So he knows this is Foles's show and that he'll be looking for a new team.

There's nothing to say wanting to be a good teammate and being on your best behavior to get one more deal are mutually exclusive, but Vick does have a few million incentives to keep his nose clean and get out of the next two months healthy.
The only incentive is the next contract. His current year is guaranteed (was on roster for game one and he isn't going on IR). He must have realized that his next gig is to be a back up and is already showing appropriate behaviour

Many have had that same incentive and shot their mouth off just the same before. To be able to recognize the situation and actually admit it outloud shows how much this guy has grown. He's playing the game the right way where some would stick to a worn image to keep their street cred (Iverson).

Late225 said:
Deamon said:
Chaka said:
Deamon said:

Better then Kansas City?
Are you using the total yards against ranking? If so< I think that's not the greatest stat to use. Denver, of course, will be way down on that list. They score a lot, blow people out, and force them to pass. They have the fourth best rushing defense rating for the same reason their passing defense is so low using those statistics.
Right, then if you're saying Denver's pass D allows big numbers based on how their offense plays, then Foles' few passes vs Denver defense should go by the same standards.

Partly total yards, partly the fact that they let dallas drop 48 on them, Indy drop 39 on them, etc. No matter how you spin it, Denver's D is not considered an "elite defense" by many out there, which is the statement I disagreed with.

Late225 said:
Deamon said:
Chaka said:
Deamon said:

Better then Kansas City?
Right, then if you're saying Denver's pass D allows big numbers based on how their offense plays, then Foles' few passes vs Denver defense should go by the same standards.

Partly total yards, partly the fact that they let dallas drop 48 on them, Indy drop 39 on them, etc. No matter how you spin it, Denver's D is not considered an "elite defense" by many out there, which is the statement I disagreed with.
Edit: Denver has a really talented defense. They are one of the most talented defenses in the league in terms of talent, but they also have the lixary of playing soft because many of their games end in blowouts. They give up yards/points because of game flow.

Edit: Denver has a really talented defense. They are one of the most talented defenses in the league in terms of talent, but they also have the lixary of playing soft because many of their games end in blowouts. They give up yards/points because of game flow.
like the dallas game?

like the dallas game?
Foles lit up the NYG in the half he played.

He lit up TB who is a top half of the league D.

Dallas is the only game he hasn't had 100+ QB rating. This year Peyton Manning and Drew Brees both have 6 games with a 100+ QB rating, Foles has 5 (I didn't count the game vs. DEN since he only threw 4 passes). That's pretty amazing. He has more TD passes than Aaron Rodgers does and he's played less games. He leads the league in a bunch of passing categories (passer rating, yds/att, net yds/att, INT%, passTD%).

SalPal had a stat yesterday that said LeSean McCoy led the league in facing defenses with 5+ defensive backs @ 90.1%, Bryce Brown was third at 83%. So he's doing all this damage against defenses TRYING to stop the pass. I was a Foles doubter, but I am sold. The guy is legit.

like the dallas game?
Foles lit up the NYG in the half he played.He lit up TB who is a top half of the league D.

Dallas is the only game he hasn't had 100+ QB rating. This year Peyton Manning and Drew Brees both have 6 games with a 100+ QB rating, Foles has 5 (I didn't count the game vs. DEN since he only threw 4 passes). That's pretty amazing. He has more TD passes than Aaron Rodgers does and he's played less games. He leads the league in a bunch of passing categories (passer rating, yds/att, net yds/att, INT%, passTD%).

SalPal had a stat yesterday that said LeSean McCoy led the league in facing defenses with 5+ defensive backs @ 90.1%, Bryce Brown was third at 83%. So he's doing all this damage against defenses TRYING to stop the pass. I was a Foles doubter, but I am sold. The guy is legit.
Not to mention that Oakland was ranked 10th when they got lit up. People can rip them all they want but 10th in the league in defense is not a fluke. They're still ranked 16th even after that game.

Ok, this uses Net Yards/Attempt. That's (passing yards less sack yards) / (passing attempts + sacks). I'm using NY/A (which ignores TDs and INTs) because Chase has said that it's more predictive than other passing measures and also because Foles's 16-0 TD/INT ratio is so obviously an outlier.

Foles has faced an easy schedule overall. None of his opponents are in the top ten defenses using NY/A.

And the expected NY/A for a league average QB facing his schedule would be 6.68 (weighted for the number of throws vs. each). That would be good for 9th on the list this year. In other words, his schedule would make a dead average QB look top 10ish this year.

However, Foles has averaged 8.55 yards/attempt. So even stripping out volatile TDs and INTs he's doing well. If we adjusted for strength of defense he'd probably fall into 2nd place, between Peyton and Rodgers. So there's legitimate reason for optimism. Small sample sizes aren't always wrong.

There's also legit reason for caution though since Foles has only attempted 162 passes this year. Kaepernick finished 2nd in NY/A last year on 212 attempts. To really trust that he's likely to be elite going forward I'd want to see something like 7.50 NY/A on 500+ attempts, which obviously isn't happening this year.

Ok, this uses Net Yards/Attempt. That's (passing yards less sack yards) / (passing attempts + sacks). I'm using NY/A (which ignores TDs and INTs) because Chase has said that it's more predictive than other passing measures and also because Foles's 16-0 TD/INT ratio is so obviously an outlier.

Foles has faced an easy schedule overall. None of his opponents are in the top ten defenses using NY/A.

And the expected NY/A for a league average QB facing his schedule would be 6.68 (weighted for the number of throws vs. each). That would be good for 9th on the list this year. In other words, his schedule would make a dead average QB look top 10ish this year.

However, Foles has averaged 8.55 yards/attempt. So even stripping out volatile TDs and INTs he's doing well. If we adjusted for strength of defense he'd probably fall into 2nd place, between Peyton and Rodgers. So there's legitimate reason for optimism. Small sample sizes aren't always wrong.

There's also legit reason for caution though since Foles has only attempted 162 passes this year. Kaepernick finished 2nd in NY/A last year on 212 attempts. To really trust that he's likely to be elite going forward I'd want to see something like 7.50 NY/A on 500+ attempts, which obviously isn't happening this year.
This is the only legit argument against Foles with proper evidence. Even vs tougher defenses I don't think he'll flop and end up with a passer ratings in the 80's. who thinks he'll throw 16 straight INTs? We'll see I guess. Even I have issues with the schedule. Everything else is commentary.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7475/nick-foles

Coach Chip Kelly confirmed Nick Foles will be his starting quarterback for the rest of the season.
Michael Vick (hamstring) is healthy, but he'll be the backup. It's an obvious move as Foles has gone 103-of-162 (63.6 percent) for 1,554 yards with 16 touchdowns and no interceptions on the season while leading the Eagles to five wins in their last seven games. Kelly said he made the announcement because he doesn't want Foles looking over his shoulder if he has a bad quarter or game. Operating the up-tempo offense with supreme command, Foles will be a fine QB1 the rest of the way. After this week's matchup against the Cardinals, he'll face the leaky defenses of the Lions, Vikings and Bears. If Foles shows well and leads the Eagles to the NFC East crown, he'll take a huge step toward becoming the team's franchise quarterback. Nov 26 - 11:55 AM
Not like it mattered

Thank god week 12 is over so I can put this guy back in my lineup and keep RG3 out of it. Lucky to have weathered the storm.

Coach Chip Kelly confirmed Nick Foles will be his starting quarterback for the rest of the season.
Michael Vick (hamstring) is healthy, but he'll be the backup. It's an obvious move as Foles has gone 103-of-162 (63.6 percent) for 1,554 yards with 16 touchdowns and no interceptions on the season while leading the Eagles to five wins in their last seven games. Kelly said he made the announcement because he doesn't want Foles looking over his shoulder if he has a bad quarter or game. Operating the up-tempo offense with supreme command, Foles will be a fine QB1 the rest of the way. After this week's matchup against the Cardinals, he'll face the leaky defenses of the Lions, Vikings and Bears. If Foles shows well and leads the Eagles to the NFC East crown, he'll take a huge step toward becoming the team's franchise quarterback. Nov 26 - 11:55 AM
Not like it mattered
Not sure the Lions are so bad on defense. Kind of coming around, which scares me as a Foles owner coming into a playoff week.

Not like it mattered
Not sure the Lions are so bad on defense. Kind of coming around, which scares me as a Foles owner coming into a playoff week.
I think the Detroit game can have the opposite effect.

For all of Foles' success since taking over, the Eagles have not been in a shootout during that stretch. The gameplans have actually been pretty conservative in the 2nd half except for the Oakland game. Detroit has a very stout run D and will score some points. Good recipe for Foles in week 14.

Not like it mattered
The Lions are great vs the Run.

Horrible against the pass.

So where are people ranking Foles for ROS ? He must just about be a legit top five fantasy QB right now in with Manning, Brees, Stafford, Newton etc.

I've had him sitting on my bench behind Stafford, but it's getting to the point where I have a dilemma on my hands for next week when they play each other, and in week 15 when Foles plays Vikings and Stafford has the Ravens.

I'm guessing most people that picked him up either have a great QB1 ahead of him, were in dire QB trouble midseason and have plugged him in, or are in a two starting QB league.

Interested to know where the line of demarcation is when it comes to starting Foles.

Excerpt from Peter King's MMQB:

Nick Foles is one of the stories of the year in the NFL.

Passer rating through 13 weeks: Nick Foles 125.2, Peyton Manning 115.3.
Touchdown-to-interception differential: Nick Foles plus-19, Tom Brady plus-11.
Interceptions thrown: Nick Foles 0, Matthew Stafford 14.
Yards per attempt: Nick Foles 9.14, Tony Romo 7.14.

Perhaps most significantly, the Eagles are 5-0 in Foles’ complete games.

So the Eagles are tied for the lead in the NFC East with Dallas this morning at 7-5—though Dallas holds the tiebreaker—and Philadelphia can thank Foles for that. Since he wrested the job from an injured Mike Vick a month ago, the Eagles are 4-0 and Foles has been close to perfect. For the season he’s a 63 percent passer, with 19 touchdowns and no interceptions. It’s December, and that’s right: no interceptions.

Well, no interceptions that have stuck, anyway.

On Sunday, trying to get some insurance for a 24-21 lead with four minutes left, Foles had a 2nd-and-7 at his 34-yard line, and he faced a heavy rush. Instead of throwing it away, Foles floated one down the middle of the field into coverage. Cornerback Patrick Peterson picked it off—and there went the Foles streak. But a late flag came flying, and Tyrann Mathieu was called for holding wideout Jason Avant.

“Man, horrible throw, horrible decision,” Foles said from Philadelphia an hour after the game. “When I saw the flag and heard the call, I said, ‘Thank you God.’ I learned my lesson there. But that’s what I try to do: I build a database with decisions like that, and I learn from them. If I get that same look the next time, I’ll make a different throw, or I’ll throw it away. The good thing about it is, Coach has confidence in my decision-making.”

I wondered if Foles looks at his gaudy stat line, ever, and whether he ever thinks, I can’t throw an interception. Wouldn’t that thought naturally occur to you? It would to me. Maybe that’s why I’m not an NFL quarterback. Well, that, and a few other physical reasons.

“No, I don’t think about it,” he said. “You can’t. You throw the ball into some tight spaces, and if you’re going to say, ‘Don’t throw an interception,’ there are throws you wouldn’t try to make.

In the NFL you have to try them. I’m not afraid to make a mistake. As a quarterback, you can’t be. One of the things that’s helped me in this position is my parents taught me attention to detail. And if you’ve done all the work and play one snap at a time and do the best you can on every snap, you’re going to be confident enough to make those throws.”

Foles is not an athletic quarterback, which everyone can see. But this game showed he has the kind of functional athleticism that works even against an aggressive and quick rush such as Arizona’s. On the first Philadelphia touchdown of the day, Foles used the Cards’ aggressiveness against them. He fake-pitched left to LeSean McCoy, who entered the game as the league’s leading rusher. When McCoy runs left, Foles moves to pitch left and most of the line runs left, what’s the defense going to do? Follow McCoy. But Foles held the ball, scrambled right, and found rookie tight end Zach Ertz (well-covered, to Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles’ credit) for a six-yard touchdown strike. “I knew they’d flow to what we were doing with that fake pitch,” said Foles, “and Zach was right where he should be.”

Foles said he appreciates how magnanimous Vick has been, both in the quarterback room and publicly; Vick has said Foles should keep the job because he’s playing so well. “One of the most dynamic quarterbacks in NFL history is also an incredible teammate,” Foles said. “He helps me every day.” He thinks he’s proven you don’t have to be a Vick to succeed in the Chip Kelly offense, and who can argue with him?

I don’t know if the Eagles, who will have to beat Dallas in Week 17 and probably need other help before then, can win the division. I do know Foles has given Kelly and GM Howie Roseman a lot to think about after the season in draft prep. Maybe Philly ignores the strong crop of quarterbacks in the 2014 draft, re-signs Vick at a reasonable, incentive-based wage, and goes with the same three passers next year: Foles, Vick, Matt Barkley. The physical toll of the position has shown this year, with Vick and Foles being out for periods after big hits. Kelly might figure he needs three he trusts to make it through a 16-game season.

“I feel I’ve played well, but not as well as I can,” Foles said. “I’m 24. There’s still a lot of growth in my game. I need to improve a lot of things, especially my game management. But I think everyone tries to overanalyze the kind of quarterback that’s best for this offense.”

It’s a moot point now. Foles, a clear No. 2 on Labor Day, is one of the most important players in the league as the NFL heads into the final quarter of the season.

Not like it mattered
I believe theyre giving up the 4th most points to QB's this year...

What's interesting is that the Cards actually held Foles to 202 net yards on 39 drop backs. So something like only 5.2 NY/A. But he still threw three TDs.

I think I've gone from 5 to 6 to 8 starts for Foles in the nine leagues where I own him, but he's in my lineup in every league from here on in. I do expect another clunker at some point, but the downside risk of not playing him is just too big given his schedule.

What's interesting is that the Cards actually held Foles to 202 net yards on 39 drop backs. So something like only 5.2 NY/A. But he still threw three TDs.

I think I've gone from 5 to 6 to 8 starts for Foles in the nine leagues where I own him, but he's in my lineup in every league from here on in. I do expect another clunker at some point, but the downside risk of not playing him is just too big given his schedule.
What's net yards?

What's net yards?
Minus sacks.

What's net yards?
Minus sacks.
Figured..

Users who are viewing this thread