What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nick Foles era (2 Viewers)

It's clear Foles isn't an NFL caliber starting quarterback. When does St. Louis go to Keenum? Gotta think with their D, and Gurley, that Keenum could win them a few games.

It's clear Foles isn't an NFL caliber starting quarterback. When does St. Louis go to Keenum? Gotta think with their D, and Gurley, that Keenum could win them a few games.
they went to him late in the game today. I have to believe fans are calling for the switch. Foles is putrid. 45% completion percentage?? Matt Cassell laughs at him.

How did 2013 happen?
product of the system, fluky year, etc. He is far from the QB he was in 2013. Happy to have gotten rid of him more and more by the week. Drops and penalties don't account for 1 game in 9 weeks over 200 yards passing. He's really bad.

How did 2013 happen?
Yeah, that is hard to comprehend. I mean yeah it was the system but still 27 TDs and 2 Ints - that's pretty ridiculous.
Especially when no one else has come even close to looking that good in the system.
Including him. And now he's the worst QB in the league and getting benched for Case Keenum. There's an old term for guys like Foles. Flash in the pan. I highly highly doubt he's a starter anywhere next year.

How did 2013 happen?
Yeah, that is hard to comprehend. I mean yeah it was the system but still 27 TDs and 2 Ints - that's pretty ridiculous.
Especially when no one else has come even close to looking that good in the system.
Including him. And now he's the worst QB in the league and getting benched for Case Keenum. There's an old term for guys like Foles. Flash in the pan. I highly highly doubt he's a starter anywhere next year.
You're more happy about that than Bradford being barely mediocre.

How did 2013 happen?
I never disliked Foles. And I still don't. But there are such miserable Eagles fans who seem to be bigger fans of ex-Eagles than current Eagles, it's nice to show them how horribly wrong they were.

By the way, Insein, you've been screaming for Sanchez and telling everyone what an improvement he'd be over Bradford, but I didn't notice any commentary about the pick he threw in the end zone to cost the Eagles the game. Funny how you're so much more forgiving of him than you are of Bradford. LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
How did 2013 happen?
It's one of those great flukes of sports.

That season, he threw a ton of wobbly deep balls that should have been picked off or batted down but were caught, usually by Riley Cooper. You knew he wasn't gonna be that consistently lucky again. But nor could you have expected he'd look as inept as this.

How did 2013 happen?
It's one of those great flukes of sports.

That season, he threw a ton of wobbly deep balls that should have been picked off or batted down but were caught, usually by Riley Cooper. You knew he wasn't gonna be that consistently lucky again. But nor could you have expected he'd look as inept as this.
I recall a horrible throw that was a sure interception bouncing off the defender's shoulder pad and into a streaking Desean Jackson's arms for a touchdown. He was certainly fortunate on a lot of throws that year. It's still incomprehensible how that 2013 Foles so quickly turned into 2014 and 2015 Foles. The only sports bleep that I can think of that was as crazy was Brady Anderson's 51 home run season. But that was from steroids.

How did 2013 happen?
Back when fellow FBGer wcdrob was running his blog, he did an analysis of Foles' 2013. He concluded that Foles faced not only the easiest slate of pass defenses that season, but the easiest slate any NFL QB had faced in something like the past 25 years.

Anyone who watched Kirk Cousins dismantle the Saints yesterday should have come away with a renewed appreciation of how easy it is for bad pass defenses to make mediocre QBs look like world-beaters.

How did 2013 happen?
I never disliked Foles. And I still don't. But there are such miserable Eagles fans who seem to be bigger fans of ex-Eagles than current Eagles, it's nice to show them how horribly wrong they were.By the way, Insein, you've been screaming for Sanchez and telling everyone what an improvement he'd be over Bradford, but I didn't notice any commentary about the pick he threw in the end zone to cost the Eagles the game. Funny how you're so much more forgiving of him than you are of Bradford. LMAO
I've been screaming for Sanchez? Yea point to that please because of like to see when someone hacked my account. I've never said put Sanchez in because he's better. I may have said Bradford is awful Sanchez can't be much worse. Glad again that's a consolation to you to know that the backup to our mediocre QB is also mediocre to terrible. We have an awesome GM.

How did 2013 happen?
I never disliked Foles. And I still don't. But there are such miserable Eagles fans who seem to be bigger fans of ex-Eagles than current Eagles, it's nice to show them how horribly wrong they were.By the way, Insein, you've been screaming for Sanchez and telling everyone what an improvement he'd be over Bradford, but I didn't notice any commentary about the pick he threw in the end zone to cost the Eagles the game. Funny how you're so much more forgiving of him than you are of Bradford. LMAO
I've been screaming for Sanchez? Yea point to that please because of like to see when someone hacked my account. I've never said put Sanchez in because he's better. I may have said Bradford is awful Sanchez can't be much worse. Glad again that's a consolation to you to know that the backup to our mediocre QB is also mediocre to terrible. We have an awesome GM.
I'll take Sanchez over most of the league's backups. I think he's serviceable. But I heard an awful lot of people whining that the Birds should switch to Sanchez. Figured you were one of them because you're the biggest whiner in the thread.

How did 2013 happen?
I'll take Sanchez over most of the league's backups. I think he's serviceable. But I heard an awful lot of people whining that the Birds should switch to Sanchez. Figured you were one of them because you're the biggest whiner in the thread.
Then I guess I'll add reading comprehension to your list of qualifications that make you the stud fan you are.

Guy was awful yesterday. He missed several easy throws and wide open (by NFL standards) guys. Watching the game it seemed obvious he was the one of the primary reasons they lost. The other being a D that suddenly gives up a ton of big plays.

I'm not sure why they didn't just lean on Gurley more at the mid-point of the game and second half. It was literally their only chance.

How did 2013 happen?
And you and Shah were more happy about Bradford struggling then him playing well. At least near the end you came around and started to maybe admit he wasn't as bad as you exaggerated and whined about early in the season. I just don't get how if you were right about Bradford/Foles and Foles plays well and Bradford sucks, you lay it on hard about how right you were and cause a big fuss. But other way around, and you guys just want silence, or can't admit you're wrong. There's a special kind of fan that acts like that, so if you're wanting to praise Foles for his good games, at least admit you were wrong by defending him.... why can't you do that?

However, I will contend that you were actually one of the ones who DIDN'T want Sanchez in.

Guess that turned your week around.
Just want consistency from fans if you're going to be critical. I cheer for the Eagles, I cheer for Chip, and I wanted Bradford to outperform Foles this year. But if Foles looked way better then Sam for the full season, I would be able to objectively say "I was wrong, Foles looked better then Sam". I believe good fans can admit they're wrong about their criticism, and don't always give themselves 'outs".

But we never got those fair comparisons from you two. When Foles had better numbers, one of you would post numbers and about how he's better because of this. When Bradford's numbers were better, it was because Foles' coach/offense wasn't built for him to put up stats. When Foles is downright benched, it turns into "Well Bradford is bad too, you must be SOOO happy about this". Never once an objective admission that you might have been wrong. I hate fans like that.

It's clear you are an Eagles fan so you can be at least somewhat tolerable (when we're winning), and sometimes even enjoyable to read your insight. But when we're losing you turn into a stubborn, unbearable fan who can't even logically have a discussion about something unless you're right about it, or your side is ahead in the race. Sha made his allegiances openly obvious to everyone when he doesn't post a single thing for the 7 days after the biggest win of the year, then rushes in the moment Sam goes down or has a bad game. I'm just glad everyone finally got sick of his same old shtick every week and realized how he was happier with Foles succeeding then Bradford succeeding.

I'm happy this happened like Bigboy said, so this can all be put to rest. Jury is still maybe out on Bradford, but we can at least put Foles' talent and all the excuses you've had for his awful stats in St. Louis to rest, and simply all agree in unison that he sucks. Maybe he would have looked better then this in Philly, but we know the talent isn't there and he wasn't our answer long terms so I don't blame Chip for taking that risk, even if he lost a 2nd rounder we didn't need to lose in the process. That's the NFL, and really, we didn't lose all that much compared to what we could have.

How did 2013 happen?
And you and Shah were more happy about Bradford struggling then him playing well. At least near the end you came around and started to maybe admit he wasn't as bad as you exaggerated and whined about early in the season. I just don't get how if you were right about Bradford/Foles and Foles plays well and Bradford sucks, you lay it on hard about how right you were and cause a big fuss. But other way around, and you guys just want silence, or can't admit you're wrong. There's a special kind of fan that acts like that, so if you're wanting to praise Foles for his good games, at least admit you were wrong by defending him.... why can't you do that?However, I will contend that you were actually one of the ones who DIDN'T want Sanchez in.
Yes Foles is playing awful. But I was not happy when Bradford looked and looks bad. I'm angry.

Is it possible that both the Eagles & Rams lost the trade?
They may have both won the trade. The Rams/Bradford era was clearly over and they needed to move on. He didn't want to be there, and nobody wanted him there. He was stuck in a rut in that offense and that city and needed a fresh start. The Rams may have not gotten a QB in return that they can use, but they'd be no better off not having Bradford. They picked up an extra 2nd rounder in the process too.

Philly lost that 2nd rounder, but they did something that is often needed in sports to win a title... they took a big risk. They still look like they came out ahead purely on the QB for QB comparison, and they now have a QB who LIKELY isn't the future, instead of a QB that CLEARLY isn't the future. I don't like losing the 2nd, but they took the risk and they escaped Foles being their QB.

Is it possible that both the Eagles & Rams lost the trade?
They may have both won the trade. The Rams/Bradford era was clearly over and they needed to move on. He didn't want to be there, and nobody wanted him there. He was stuck in a rut in that offense and that city and needed a fresh start. The Rams may have not gotten a QB in return that they can use, but they'd be no better off not having Bradford. They picked up an extra 2nd rounder in the process too.

Philly lost that 2nd rounder, but they did something that is often needed in sports to win a title... they took a big risk. They still look like they came out ahead purely on the QB for QB comparison, and they now have a QB who LIKELY isn't the future, instead of a QB that CLEARLY isn't the future. I don't like losing the 2nd, but they took the risk and they escaped Foles being their QB.
That's some mighty fine lipstick you put on that pig.

Both Foles and Bradford suck. Both are/were among the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Can we move on from that now?

Really surprised Foles fell so far so fast. I was wrong as I thought he was going to do well in St. Louis. Well, can't win 'em all.

Do they draft a QB for competition next year now? I bought Foles this year and although he's been pretty bad, his WR's didn't help much either. I could see them doing something like a top WR in the 1st and a QB with potential in the 2nd to possibly get some starts while Foles plays stop-gap. That is unless Foles does better with better weapons because they are clearly a bottom 5 WR core. Is this the struggle before Foles starts showing signs of what he did in Philadelphia? Could be, but highly unlikely. I'm still hopeful that he's going to get a chance with some good WR's to help him, but the light is pretty dim.

Rotoworld:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirms Nick Foles is expected to start Sunday.

Case Keenum practiced on a limited basis, but isn’t going to be cleared from the concussion protocol. The Rams will turn back to Foles one week after benching him. Foles is averaging 186 YPG with a 7:6 TD/INT ratio in nine starts. The Bengals defense is a top-12 option this week.

Related: Case Keenum

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 28 - 2:22 PM

Users who are viewing this thread