Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Nick Foles era

Jed

This could be a lot worse than it is for the Eagles - obviously you can't replace what Wentz does for that offense, but Foles is one of the best backups in the league, with proven success in the NFL. Most teams have pure trash behind their starter, but Foles is competent at worst and could probably start for a few teams to be honest. 

On 11/4/2016 at 10:17 AM, cap'n grunge said:

As long as he feeds Kelce I'm happy.

Wut?

EDT:  Oops, went back too far in the thread and that was 2016 haha.  I know he liked throwing to an offensive lineman last week, but I was hoping it was just a one time thing :P

Edited by Deamon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Deamon said:

Wut?

EDT:  Oops, went back too far in the thread and that was 2016 haha.  I know he liked throwing to an offensive lineman last week, but I was hoping it was just a one time thing :P

I was wondering what comment I even had to refer to about Nick Foles.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, Amused to Death said:

Foles has a 94.1 career QB rating with the Eagles, 105.9 with KC, and 69.0 with the Rams under Jeff Fisher. You know who else sucked under Fisher? Goff and Keenum.

and you know who was the OC in KC...

1 hour ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

Nop there was talk about Eagles pulling there starters week 17 if they clinch.. didnt hear anything about week 16 .. Same goes for Patriots , Vikings ect .. Eagles still need to win this game 

They can clinch if the Vikings lose.  So a possibility the last 2 games are meaningless for the Eagles who don't play until Monday, and if so I would assume Foles would play the first half since he still needs the reps and he'd be pulled 2nd half or later, to both protect him and get the backup some reps since he's a complete unknown.

1 minute ago, jasvic said:

They can clinch if the Vikings lose.  So a possibility the last 2 games are meaningless for the Eagles who don't play until Monday, and if so I would assume Foles would play the first half since he still needs the reps and he'd be pulled 2nd half or later, to both protect him and get the backup some reps since he's a complete unknown.

So thats dangerous to play foles then...?? Safer to play Keenum 

1 minute ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

So thats dangerous to play foles then...?? Safer to play Keenum 

I have no idea, and the resting of Foles is just what I think, nothing official has come out.  Pederson won't talk about it since nothing is decided yet.  Just letting you know the potential risk.

12 minutes ago, jasvic said:

That's a good point. If they were playing at 1:00 on Sunday, I'd say we have nothing to worry about. But if they've already clinched by MNF, and especially if they get up big in the first half, I could definitely see them turning things over to Sudfeld.

So I guess if you're a Foles owner you should cheer for Rodgers to sit, since that makes a Minn victory more likely.

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

That's a good point. If they were playing at 1:00 on Sunday, I'd say we have nothing to worry about. But if they've already clinched by MNF, and especially if they get up big in the first half, I could definitely see them turning things over to Sudfeld.

So I guess if you're a Foles owner you should cheer for Rodgers to sit, since that makes a Minn victory more likely.

Who would risk playing nick foles then 

29 minutes ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

Who would risk playing nick foles then 

The one caveat is that NFL teams treat Week 16 very differently from Week 17. For Week 17, especially if you're playing the following week, you want to give guys a chance to rest up. But if the Eagles rest Foles for the second half of this week and all/most of next week, then have a bye, it will mean that he will come into the playoffs having played the equivalent of less than two full games over the course of five weeks (and of course nothing the three months before that). Yes, they want to protect him, but they also need to get him some reps and keep him sharp.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll hear more about their plans over the course of the week, and of course, we'll know by the time Philly kicks off whether they have anything to play for.

Edited by zftcg

Who is starting Foles and over who ?

I have Brady - and thinking about starting Foles.

Why? I think Brady could very well have another 1 TD game .... his last 3 games have not been stellar. 

Also, Foles had 4 TD's last week - high attempts ....... I think PHI needs to keep it going to roll into playoffs, they want to score points. 

Crazy? Yeah, maybe a bit .... but its not like i'm starting Mark Sanchez here .... Foles is seasoned

2 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

Who is starting Foles and over who ?

I have Brady - and thinking about starting Foles.

Why? I think Brady could very well have another 1 TD game .... his last 3 games have not been stellar. 

Also, Foles had 4 TD's last week - high attempts ....... I think PHI needs to keep it going to roll into playoffs, they want to score points. 

Crazy? Yeah, maybe a bit .... but its not like i'm starting Mark Sanchez here .... Foles is seasoned

Fanasty football ball101 never bench your studs

• Like 1

I benched AJ Green last week - people savvy enough to do that was right.

I agree - normally no ........... but last 3 weeks

13  - 21-30  258

14  - 24-43  233  1 td

15 - 22-35 298 1 td

That's a trend - a lack of downfield weapons more than anything. Foles is LOADED with WR/TE talent

3 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

I benched AJ Green last week - people savvy enough to do that was right.

I agree - normally no ........... but last 3 weeks

13  - 21-30  258

14  - 24-43  233  1 td

15 - 22-35 298 1 td

That's a trend - a lack of downfield weapons more than anything. Foles is LOADED with WR/TE talent

I'm pondering Foles over Brady.  Just not sure what happening with Brady right now. 

On 12/22/2017 at 10:24 PM, slackjawedyokel said:

I'm pondering Foles over Brady.  Just not sure what happening with Brady right now. 

Been pondering the same thing. Confidently expect 270 and 2 from Brady. If I were the favorite, I'd be more than happy to roll with that.

FOles could go in a couple different directions. I tend to think the defense will dominate the Raiders and the Eagles will protect NIck a bit by heavily utilizing the running game, leading to a stat line more like 200 and 1. I could also see the Eagles letting him let it rip just to get his (and the fans') confidence up. If the defense isn't dominant (and they haven't been in a few weeks), I could easily see Foles going 320 and 3 or 4. Neither result would surprise me.

Still have Brady in my lineup. IN the end, I think I'd be more upset with myself if I lost with Foles when Brady woulda won it then I would be if I did the opposite. Brady was one of the studs that got me here.

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

Looks like it could be windy in Philly tomorrow. What’s the word in Philly? Have to decide between Bortles and Foles. 

I'm also trying to decide if I should start Foles in 2 leagues.  I think I'm leaving him in based on this:

Wind Advisory for Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania

... WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 2 PM EST MONDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7:00 AM UNTIL 2:00 PM MONDAY. * WINDS... WEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH. * TIMING... THE STRONGEST WIND IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR DURING THE MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS ON MONDAY. * IMPACTS... THE STRONG WIND MAY BRING DOWN TREE LIMBS AND UTILITY WIRES, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN LOCALIZED POWER OUTAGES. ALSO, THE STRONG WIND MAY MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE OPERATING A LARGE VEHICLE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY WINDY CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. LIGHT-WEIGHT OUTDOOR OBJECTS SUCH AS GARBAGE CANS, HOLIDAY DECORATIONS AND PATIO FURNITURE SHOULD BE SECURED. ALSO, USE EXTRA CARE IF DRIVING. &&

Issuing Office: Philadelphia

Source: National.Weather.Service

3:18am EST, Sun Dec 24

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

I'm starting Foles over Winston and seriously considering Foles over Stafford in another league.

This is my dilemma and I am having trouble with it. As mentioned in the Philly thread, I can totally see the Eagles winning without needing much from Foles this week. Tampa probably has no shot either way but any chance they may have of staying in the game vs CAR will be based on Winston chucking it a bunch. When all is said and done, I can see Winston having the bigger game (even if much of it is garbage time). Am I overthinking? :unsure:

8 minutes ago, whiskey7 said:

This is my dilemma and I am having trouble with it. As mentioned in the Philly thread, I can totally see the Eagles winning without needing much from Foles this week. Tampa probably has no shot either way but any chance they may have of staying in the game vs CAR will be based on Winston chucking it a bunch. When all is said and done, I can see Winston having the bigger game (even if much of it is garbage time). Am I overthinking? :unsure:

I think Carolina is going to beat the hell out of Tampa Bay today and I can see interceptions in Winston's future.  He sucked against CAR at home earlier this year and I think the same thing will happen this week, only worse.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crystalsteam99 said:

Have fun losing your Championship..20 mph winds in Philly Tmrw night,with gusts up to 30 mph...

Yes, i read that as well, but IMO Winston is going to have a bad game today.  I may still reconsider on Stafford, but my mind is made up with Winston vs Foles.

1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

I'm also trying to decide if I should start Foles in 2 leagues.  I think I'm leaving him in based on this:

Wind Advisory for Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania

... WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 2 PM EST MONDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7:00 AM UNTIL 2:00 PM MONDAY. * WINDS... WEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH. * TIMING... THE STRONGEST WIND IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR DURING THE MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS ON MONDAY. * IMPACTS... THE STRONG WIND MAY BRING DOWN TREE LIMBS AND UTILITY WIRES, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN LOCALIZED POWER OUTAGES. ALSO, THE STRONG WIND MAY MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE OPERATING A LARGE VEHICLE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY WINDY CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. LIGHT-WEIGHT OUTDOOR OBJECTS SUCH AS GARBAGE CANS, HOLIDAY DECORATIONS AND PATIO FURNITURE SHOULD BE SECURED. ALSO, USE EXTRA CARE IF DRIVING. &&

Issuing Office: Philadelphia

Source: National.Weather.Service

3:18am EST, Sun Dec 24

2:00 pm?  Well, that's not a problem with them playing at night.

Sounds like the worst of the wind is expected to move on before game time but still 10-20mph out of the west at night per multiple sources. How is the stadium situated? Is this likely to have a major negative impact to the passing games or are we just talking kicking game hindered a little? 

I'd say this #1 seed team and home field throughout the NFC Championship is in trouble. Foles nowhere's near the QB as Wentz. He's the #1 reason to panic and watching some team come into PHILI and knock them off. Perhaps they win a game, perhaps not. Super Bowl team? I'd say not. I'd pick 3-4 teams to beat them on their home turf after watching Foles perform last night. Mediocre at best.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Didn’t you have him going in 3 finals?  Did you win any of them?

Lost in all 3 finals.  in 2 of them I was only down about 4 points at halftime and thought I was a lock to win those ones.  In the other I lost by 0.5.

So mad at that guy right now.

7 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

I'd say this #1 seed team and home field throughout the NFC Championship is in trouble. Foles nowhere's near the QB as Wentz. He's the #1 reason to panic and watching some team come into PHILI and knock them off. Perhaps they win a game, perhaps not. Super Bowl team? I'd say not. I'd pick 3-4 teams to beat them on their home turf after watching Foles perform last night. Mediocre at best.

This is pretty much where I'm at with it.  I do think we have a shot at winning that first playoff game (about a 40% shot) just because we'll be rested and have a ton of time to prepare.  Cannot see us hanging with any other nfc team in the nfcc game though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...