Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Nick Foles era

Jed

This is what throws me about football and makes the unpredictability fun. Foles did great and then not good with the Eagles. Traded to the Rams and stinks. Gets mad that they drafted a QB because he stinks and asks and gets his release. Goes to the Chiefs and plays decently in a couple of appearances. Comes back to the Eagles and a new system and has taken over for Wentz and done pretty darn well. What is the key to this guy? Not a system thing. He did great and sucked in the same Chip Kelly system.

6 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

This is what throws me about football and makes the unpredictability fun. Foles did great and then not good with the Eagles. Traded to the Rams and stinks. Gets mad that they drafted a QB because he stinks and asks and gets his release. Goes to the Chiefs and plays decently in a couple of appearances. Comes back to the Eagles and a new system and has taken over for Wentz and done pretty darn well. What is the key to this guy? Not a system thing. He did great and sucked in the same Chip Kelly system.

Personal motivation? The guys around him?

15 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

What do 2015 Nick Foles, 2012-2013 Sam Bradford, 2015-2016 Case Keenum, and 2016 Jared Goff have in common?

Jeff Fisher. Finally out of a job, 6 years too late.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CalBear said:

What do 2015 Nick Foles, 2012-2013 Sam Bradford, 2015-2016 Case Keenum, and 2016 Jared Goff have in common?

McNair did well under him but yes, point taken here. Keenum and Goff won like 2 games under Fisher and the next year won like 22 combined.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:38 AM, Team Smokin' said:

I'd say this #1 seed team and home field throughout the NFC Championship is in trouble. Foles nowhere's near the QB as Wentz. He's the #1 reason to panic and watching some team come into PHILI and knock them off. Perhaps they win a game, perhaps not. Super Bowl team? I'd say not. I'd pick 3-4 teams to beat them on their home turf after watching Foles perform last night. Mediocre at best.

Or not...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

McNair did well under him but yes, point taken here. Keenum and Goff won like 2 games under Fisher and the next year won like 22 combined.

Even that may be an indictment of Fisher. Next to Randall Cunningham, McNair was the most gifted and versatile athlete I've ever seen play QB in the NFL. I'm convinced that had they not spent the bulk of their respective careers playing for Jeff Fisher and Buddy Ryan, they'd both have been giving speeches at Canton.

19 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

His good and bad years in Philly had mostly the same guys and same system.

The second year the oline had injuries, his protection suffered, and he started his panicky backpedaling.  Difference is if he has protection he can trust, he can be effective, otherwise not so much.

On 1/22/2018 at 0:00 PM, CalBear said:

So here are the QB ratings for QB's when they played for Jeff Fisher with the Rams and when they played for everyone else:

• Foles: Rams QB rating - 69.0, Everyone else - 93.36
  • Goff: Rams QB rating w/ Fisher - 63.6, Rams QB rating w/o Fisher - 100.5
  • Keenum: Rams QB rating - 79.5, Everyone else - 89.54
  • Bradford: Rams QB rating - 79.3, Everyone else - 94.16

People tend to remember those poor games Foles had with the Rams and are still judging him based on those games. I think it's fair to say that playing QB for the Rams under Fisher was like being in QB purgatory.

Also, not factored into Foles numbers above: 3 playoff games with a 116.4 QB rating.

To be fair, all of Foles playoff games have been at home. The Super Bowl will be his first playoff game at a neutral site.

• Like 2

So people seem to want to say Foles is or is not a franchise QB. I don't think it is that black and white. I think he could be a franchise QB if he is in the right system. Obviously he looked great in his first year with Chip Kelly. In his second year he regressed primarily because the Oline had injuries and he was under a lot of pressure and began throwing off his back foot. Obviously the Rams offensive system was a QB killer for multiple QB's and Nick's bad habits continued. I think under Reid last year and Pederson this year he has corrected some of the bad habits. Also, he has learned to move in the pocket to buy himself some time and still throw accurately. I think if a team that needs a QB tailors their offense to some of Nick's strengths they could get a really good QB. if they insist that Foles run an offense that does not suit his strengths, then they could be severely disappointed.

3 minutes ago, ShaHBucks said:

:lmao:

You really can't give it up can you.  Disappear for 2 years without a post when you're wrong,  just to come back and post this in every thread you can. 

I guess when you make constant predictions and delete every one that doesn't 'hit', it makes you look smart?

Edited by Deamon

9 minutes ago, Deamon said:

You really can't give it up can you.  Disappear for 2 years without a post when you're wrong,  just to come back and post this in every thread you can. 

I guess when you make constant predictions and delete every one that doesn't 'hit', it makes you look smart?

He's still saying I'm wrong lmaoooooooooo

idk wtf you're talking about, but you better get to deleting post like you did in Bortles thread before I get to them. Hurry, because if I'm ever bored its your ###

You have to wonder how Foles feels SB MVP, but will only be paid 7m this year.  Guys like Bradford, Case K, who are not nearly as good as him will make two to three times as much this year.  Some will say he will take it in the shorts as he is a team player, but in reality everyone in life wants to be paid for success.  Everyone knows nfl stands for not for long, you got to get paid when you are a star.  I hope the Eagles step up to the plate and make it right with him.

14 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Trade whichever one can get you close to their ceiling value. Based on what we just saw, you may as well ask for the moon for wentz and ride the BDN train to couple more rangs. 

The Eagles aren't trading Wentz because 1) he's younger than Foles, 2) he's better than Foles, and 3) The Eagles are $9 million over the salary cap right now and trading Wentz would add $8 million to their cap number. I also think it is unlikely that the Eagles trade Foles because Wentz's health going into next year is still a question mark. 

Just now, ShaHBucks said:

He's still saying I'm wrong lmaoooooooooo

idk wtf you're talking about, but you better get to deleting post like you did in Bortles thread before I get to them. Hurry, because if I'm ever bored its your ###

:lmao: look who took me off ignore.

Also I don't care as much about being 'right' or 'wrong' as you do.  You are well passed obsessive about it.  Get some help.

1 minute ago, Gopher State said:

You have to wonder how Foles feels SB MVP, but will only be paid 7m this year.  Guys like Bradford, Case K, who are not nearly as good as him will make two to three times as much this year.  Some will say he will take it in the shorts as he is a team player, but in reality everyone in life wants to be paid for success.  Everyone knows nfl stands for not for long, you got to get paid when you are a star.  I hope the Eagles step up to the plate and make it right with him.

I don't think he cares about the money. You don't retire if that's your drive. His parents are well off and the Rams were dumb enough to pay him. 

He could just do local TV ads the rest of his life. He's a legend in Philly now. Deamon was wrong about him. 

1 minute ago, ShaHBucks said:

I don't think he cares about the money. You don't retire if that's your drive. His parents are well off and the Rams were dumb enough to pay him. 

He could just do local TV ads the rest of his life. He's a legend in Philly now. Deamon was wrong about him. 

You really care more about this than about the Super Bowl don't you.  Maybe you should be telling some more people to hang themselves like you did 2 years ago?

There's a special place for people who run and hide from their statements when they're wrong, just to suddenly appear when things change.  Being right and gloating seems to be the most important thing in your life... would hate to see what your life is like.

For the record, I am not afraid to admit that I misjudged how good Foles would be this season.  I was wrong, I was wrong, I was wrong.  Happy?  We're super bowl champs, it's too bad that means less to you than suddenly appearing after 2 years just to gloat and brag. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ShaHBucks said:

Deamon wrong?  Never he knows the Eagles better then anyone on this board

1 hour ago, dhockster said:

The Eagles aren't trading Wentz because 1) he's younger than Foles, 2) he's better than Foles, and 3) The Eagles are $9 million over the salary cap right now and trading Wentz would add $8 million to their cap number. I also think it is unlikely that the Eagles trade Foles because Wentz's health going into next year is still a question mark. 

Wasn’t aware of their cap situation. Seems like Cleveland would be a good trade partner - 1.1,1.4,2.1 for Wentz + salary cap dumps. Who would say no?

58 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Wasn’t aware of their cap situation. Seems like Cleveland would be a good trade partner - 1.1,1.4,2.1 for Wentz + salary cap dumps. Who would say no?

I think both sides.  Not sure ANYTHING gets Carson out of an Eagles jersey.  He's become the face of the franchise, the town, and is a HUGE part of the culture and attitude that was needed for us to win.  Also don't think Cleve would ever admit they were wrong and give up ALL those picks for him.  They could have had him for free and passed.

3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

I think both sides.  Not sure ANYTHING gets Carson out of an Eagles jersey.  He's become the face of the franchise, the town, and is a HUGE part of the culture and attitude that was needed for us to win.  Also don't think Cleve would ever admit they were wrong and give up ALL those picks for him.  They could have had him for free and passed.

You might be right that Wentz is basically untradable from Phillys point of view. Certainly Cleveland going 1-31 since they didn’t pick him speaks for itself and they have no reason to be too proud to admit their mistake. 

3 hours ago, Deamon said:

They will admit they were wrong right after you do.

-Daddy

6 hours ago, Deamon said:

You really care more about this than about the Super Bowl don't you.  Maybe you should be telling some more people to hang themselves like you did 2 years ago?

There's a special place for people who run and hide from their statements when they're wrong, just to suddenly appear when things change.  Being right and gloating seems to be the most important thing in your life... would hate to see what your life is like.

For the record, I am not afraid to admit that I misjudged how good Foles would be this season.  I was wrong, I was wrong, I was wrong.  Happy?  We're super bowl champs, it's too bad that means less to you than suddenly appearing after 2 years just to gloat and brag. 

Yea, just stick to refreshing this forum all day. I'm sure that's the life.

No ####. Now get your boyfriend to name the 40 QB better than Nick Foles and we're square. 

Edited by ShaHBucks

10 hours ago, Deamon said:

I have a feeling we would not look at Carson in the same light if Cleveland did draft him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...