Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

U of Tennessee WR Justin Hunter

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate when I go to a thread looking for insight, and inside I find two monkeys flinging crap at each other. Great job guys.

The only thing I'm cutting is Rotoworld.

There is an art in not peppering the board with countless instances of self-quotes stating the equivalent of, RBs are awesome, YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was a bit humorous that his fellow WRs got in his ear on the sideline after he didn't pull in a tough catch early in the game...then Wright, Washington, and Walker each had catchable balls they missed.

That offense is a mess.

I'd expect everyone to produce phenomenal numbers with Jake Locker and Charlie Whitehurst at QB!

It wouldn't have helped if Peyton was the QB today. Hunter (and Wright) looked horrible out there and Whisenhunt even called them out after the game.

I still think he's a hold in redraft just due to the Titans schedule, but he might get benched if he has another game like this.

NFL.com pulled an end around on me with that headline, basically shot it down immediately. The claim was Hunter to Browns for Crowell but the beat writer said no way.
West or Tate maybe.

Crowell, no way.

I'd expect everyone to produce phenomenal numbers with Jake Locker and Charlie Whitehurst at QB!

You mean bad QBs ruin good young WRs like the troubles Gordon had last year with Weeden and Campbell?

Who else can you name aside from Gordon?

He has exactly one game where he's caught half his targets (Oakland last year).

Outside of that game he has 21/383/3 in his career on 62 targets.

For his career PFF has him at 67 targets. Of those, 36 were deemed catchable. He caught 27 (for 492 yards and 4 TDs) and dropped 9. The interception last week was the first when the ball has been thrown in his direction. Those numbers make him look a lot better than what you posted.

That's not to argue that Hunter isn't still very much a project. He is. The drop percentage (among other things) obviously needs to improve, but when almost half the balls thrown your way aren't catchable the impact of the QB on his current struggles and potential future production shouldn't be overlooked.

Anyone think he does well VS my browns boy Gilbert this weekend?

Then again, who will Haden cover.

Trying to decide between Hunter and guys like Hurns, Sanu, Hartline.....................

No, Gilbert will take his head off before he lets him score.

For his career PFF has him at 67 targets. Of those, 36 were deemed catchable. He caught 27 (for 492 yards and 4 TDs) and dropped 9. The interception last week was the first when the ball has been thrown in his direction. Those numbers make him look a lot better than what you posted.

That's not to argue that Hunter isn't still very much a project. He is. The drop percentage (among other things) obviously needs to improve, but when almost half the balls thrown your way aren't catchable the impact of the QB on his current struggles and potential future production shouldn't be overlooked.

9 drops on 36 catchable passes is DHB territory.

9 drops on 36 catchable passes is DHB territory.

A TD every 7 catches at 18.2 YPR surpasses Calvin Johnson territory.

Just as eye-catching in the other direction, and equally as meaningful given that we're talking about 36 legitimate catching opportunities in his career.

You mean bad QBs ruin good young WRs like the troubles Gordon had last year with Weeden and Campbell?

Who else can you name aside from Gordon?

Off the top, Blackmon with Gabbert and Henne? Harvin with Ponder? Bowe with Cassel. Steve Smith with whoever. Talent doesn't need Peyton throwing to show itself. It just shows up. I think we all hope Hunter has it, but it should be showing up a lot more than it has.

very well said

We're not talking about a peewee QB, but an NFL QB. There's no telling what goes through a player's mind when that many balls are uncatchable

Anyone think he does well VS my browns boy Gilbert this weekend?

Then again, who will Haden cover.

Trying to decide between Hunter and guys like Hurns, Sanu, Hartline.....................

In a why put your best cover guy on him type way....sure.

He responds to criticism and has done well after

Ego-wise, I think Haden has to want to cover Wright since many have said he is un-coverable.

Production-he'll cover Walker.

It's unique to have a guy that can cover anyone and we're talking about possibly the worst passing game in years couple with the (TEN) worst passing defense in the league. If they are not the worst, it's because they gave cincy so many possessions on their side of the field. I haven't looked, it's just so bad I assume.

Every team seems to sit back a little, lets Wright catch it and then hit him. It seems Walker is getting very good at utilizing his body so he is running toward defenders and there's really no point in covering him just discuss positioning with your DBs. A zone with some safety on red alert to beware of the deep ball to Hunter about renders the Titans useless, so I don't see why the Browns do anything different. Maybe ya let Haden take chances on the absolute ton of short yardage passes and see if he can't get a pick 6. Assuming Locker doesn't change and Whisenhunt's widdled down O he spoke of doesn't make a difference, I'd bet $ on Haden being able to grab a short pass and be off to the races. I can sit n watch n tell you TE or RB on most plays just by Jake's feet.

The Titans pass D, guessing they're down 21 by end of first....I would find it very interesting if some QB of the Titans gets ordered(it's come to that) to only throw to the WRs and Haden truly covers one.

As a Browns fan, your only concern should be that they don't run much because they do have a very good DL and two DEs playing LB, but instead can Hoyer throw for 500 yards or each Hoyer and Manziel get 300. God Bless their DC he got creative again last week with a backup S playing LB and truly playing it going up to the line and everything a LB would do. He switched inside outside on some plays and continues to go with a set that looks like no LBers but 8 DBs and then blitz with 7 the next play and...he's trying his best. I know ya got good rookie RBs but they can get a beach chair and recline this week.

Rotoworld:

Justin Hunter - WR - Titans

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Justin Hunter could start over Nate Washington this week.

Hunter would replace Washington at X-receiver in two-wide sets. The Titans are starting to realize they need to get him more involved despite his inconsistent play through the first four games. Hunter has been playing on 76 percent of offensive snaps to this point, but his targets are set to increase as an every-down starter opposite Kendall Wright.

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Oct 3 - 7:04 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports Justin Hunter could start over Nate Washington this week.

Hunter would replace Washington at X-receiver in two-wide sets. The Titans are starting to realize they need to get him more involved despite his inconsistent play through the first four games. Hunter has been playing on 76 percent of offensive snaps to this point, but his targets are set to increase as an every-down starter opposite Kendall Wright.

I was just about to come on here and post this. Rt after I drop him. Good thing that I had a change of heart this morning before the news broke and I picked him back up. Holding him on my bench to see what comes of this.

Rotoworld:

Hunter has 26 targets to Washington's 19...how much more can they be expected to go up for him?

Makes sense since as bad as Hunter has been, Washington has been worse.

His QB is terrible. I'll pass.

Locker is better than Weeden/Campbell, Schaub/Keenum, Freeman/Glennon & Fitzpatrick yet Gordon, Andre Johnson, VJax, Wright put up top 20 seasons (yards) last year. Sure, it always helps to have Rodgers throwing you the ball but Hunter will succeed/(continue to) fail based on his performance on the field.

Edited by tone1oc