What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cole Beasley, BUF (1 Viewer)

Cole Beasley caught 11-of-13 targets for 109 yards and a touchdown in Buffalo's Week 10 loss to the Cardinals.

Beasley was afforded a team-high target share (26.5%) because John Brown exited in the third quarter with an ankle injury. Sunday was still Beasley's third 100-yard game of the season, at one point putting Patrick Peterson on skates during a deep crossing route that resulted in a 22-yard score — the first of two instances that Peterson was dusted for a touchdown on Sunday. Beasley previously averaged the 16th-most fantasy points per game among wideouts in the two contests Brown missed earlier this year and would be in line for additional opportunities if the latter isn't cleared following Buffalo's Week 11 bye. It's something to monitor when the Bills return to practice in a couple of weeks.

Nov 15, 2020, 10:56 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

Cole Beasley caught 9-of-11 targets for 130 yards and one touchdown in the Bills' Week 13 win over the 49ers.

The 130 yards marked a new career high for Beasley, who now has a whopping for 100-yard games on the season and two in the last three weeks. He's been a big beneficiary in the wake of the John Brown injury and with the Bills using more three- and four-wide sets in 2020. Beasley is well on his way to a new career high in receiving yards, needing 37 more to break his previous best from 2016. Beasley was the recipient of Josh Allen's first of four touchdowns in this one, scoring from five yards out. Beasley will be a WR3 next week at home against the Steelers.

Dec 7, 2020, 11:23 PM ET

5'8" gritty slot receiver Cole Beasley having his best year as a 9 year veteran. 

Denver D perhaps missing slot CB's who would cover Beasley and no John Brown.

Vegas likes the game at 48 o/u and Bills -6. Bills 27 Denver 21, Bills 28 Denver 20. Bills 31 Denver 17. 

He's getting some love.

He's starting in one of my lineups.

Bills coach Sean McDermott has labeled Cole Beasley (leg) "week to week." 

The good news is that it's not season-ending, but it's still a major blow for a team that doesn't know when John Brown (COVID-19) might be ready to return. Beasley has majorly stepped up in Brown's second half of the season absences, clearing eight catches three times in his past six games. He has been an invaluable security blanket over the middle of the field for a white-hot Josh Allen. Beasley's loss could influence the Bills' decision on whether they pursue the No. 2 seed or rest starters against the Dolphins on Sunday. We would guess they are leaning toward the latter. Beasley should be considered no better than 50-50 for the Wild Card Round. Gabriel Davis and Dawson Knox are next in line for targets in this passing attack. 

SOURCE: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter 

Dec 29, 2020, 4:16 PM ET

Cole Beasley caught 7-of-7 targets for 57 yards in the Bills' Wild Card Weekend win against the Colts. 

Beasley, who missed Week 17 with a knee issue, came into the game with a questionable tag. He played a full complement of snaps, sometimes hobbling after a catch while serving as Josh Allen's primary underneath option. From a fantasy standpoint, Beasley is a safe PPR floor option in Buffalo's high-volume passing attack.

- Rotoworld

Cole Beasley didn't catch either of his two targets in the Bills' Divisional Round win over the Ravens.

Beasley was matched up with Marlon Humphrey for a chunk of the night and didn't look as shifty as normal. He was limited in practice all week and appears to be at less than full health. Another week away from his late-season injury should improve his odds of producing in the AFC Championship. The Bills will face the Chiefs or Browns next week.

- Rotoworld

Cole Beasley was added to the Bills' injury report on Thursday, getting in a "limited" session with a knee issue.

We would guess this is just maintenance after Beasley was absent from Wednesday's report, though it will be worth monitoring on Friday. Beasley has nowhere to go but up for Sunday's title tilt after being held to 0/0/0 in the Divisional Round. With Gabriel Davis (ankle) not practicing, Beasley's floor inches up a tad. 

Jan 21, 2021, 3:36 PM ET

Cole Beasley caught 7-of-9 targets for 88 yards in the Bills' AFC Championship loss to the Chiefs.

With Stefon Diggs clamped much of the night one the outside, Beasley led the Bills in catches and yards in this one. With Josh Allen stepping up and the Bills embracing an aggressive pass-first offensive approach in 2020, Beasley set career highs in targets (107), catches (82), and yards (967) while scoring four touchdowns. It was enough to make Beasley the overall WR33 in half-PPR points per game. Beasley was a very useful WR3 for fantasy, particularly over the second half of the season when John Brown was battling injuries. Beasley has two more years left on his contract and will turn 32 this offseason. He should be back in the slot for Buffalo in 2021

- Rotoworld

Bills WR Cole Beasley said he broke his fibula at the end of the season.

It was listed as a "knee" injury on Buffalo's injury reports throughout the postseason. Beasley said it "hurt" in the Wild Card round against Indy but was "slightly less" painful in both the Divisional Round and Conference Championship. Though not a full break, it's possible the 31-year-old undergoes offseason surgery before returning for OTAs and minicamp.

SOURCE: Kim Jones on Twitter

Jan 25, 2021, 1:54 PM ET

Disagree....his points are valid and now has become my favorite player in the NFL...his body, his choice.  Guy is not a sheep.
Sweet. Now he can go start his own league and star in it. Somewhere people lost track of the employee - employer relationship. 

FTR - I don’t have a problem with Beasleys stance but to act like it’s some sort of Infringement on his life that his employers have decided how they choose to run their business is hyperbolic nonsense. 

Beasley seems like (to put it nicely) a real dope, but hey on the bright side, this is probably sticking in the craw of Peter King, who is Mr. Woke and was the one guy who gave a vote to Beasley for the All-Pro team in 2020. :lol:  

As stupid as Beasley sounds in this article, his defense of it on twitter may be even worse. Beasley's tweets in bold:

The players association is a joke. Call it something different. It’s not for the players. Everyone gives me the 98 percent of people who are vaccinated don’t get covid again. The odds of me getting in the NFL and playing for 10 years are lower than that and I’m here.

Everybody is so all in on science now more than I have ever seen. What happen to God’s will?

In response to someone asking if you are injured and Doctors can repair your injury, would you have it repaired, or leave it up to God's will? Depends on the injury. When I get sick I naturally get better. If I don’t, then it was my time. Nobody is gonna be here forever.

I didn’t say it was pointless. If you want to get it then do so. I’m not encouraging you to not get it just let me live my life regardless of If get it or not. I don’t wanna die in a car wreck during the season without getting to actually live my normal life.

I can’t wait for when y’all tell me how dumb and stupid I am when I’m walking around in the real world. Oh wait…that never happens.

Personally, if I ran the Bills, I'd be pretty open to cutting/trading Beasley right now. He's a solid player, sure, but he's nowhere near good enough to be a distraction. Hell, if Gabriel Davis takes a step forward, Beasley might be the 4th best WR on the team. 

Of the many things Cole doesn't seem to understand, is that getting vaccinated isn't just about him, its beneficial to everyone, especially your teammates. Players who refuse are just making their teams jump through hoops to comply to the league's protocols. 

Beasley is entitled to his opinion, just as we are entitled to say who stupid his opinions are. 

Beasley seems like (to put it nicely) a real dope, but hey on the bright side, this is probably sticking in the craw of Peter King, who is Mr. Woke and was the one guy who gave a vote to Beasley for the All-Pro team in 2020. :lol:  
Beasley got an all-pro vote? That's nuts, dude was like the 20th best WR in the NFL last year. Was he 7th team all-pro?

I have no problem with him being vocal or not getting the vax. My issue is the logic behind his decision is well, lacking in logic. The fact that he beat the odds to become an NFL player have literally no relationship to the effectiveness of the vaccine. Not sure why he thinks it is God's Will to get COVID or die when God has also willed into existence a very effective free vaccine. He also contradicts himself several times. If he would just say, "I've consulted my doctor and at this time I don't think it is in my best interest" or "I have reservations due to the lack of long term data" then this would be a big non-issue. 

Lots of irony in him becoming your favorite player while calling people sheep.  Did you buy his rap album too?
No man...Rap not my thing....god forbid though the guys has a different viewpoint.  Thought I heard more than half of the Washington Team has not been vaccinated...just because he went public with his displeasure of the non-vote by the union does not make him a fool.  

I dunno, how can anyone (government, employer) mandate an experimental gene therapy that is designated as emergence use authorization only?  Is jabbed/unjabbed the new segregation? 
It’s not gene therapy but that’s besides the point. It’s not being mandated for Cole either. 

It’s not gene therapy but that’s besides the point. It’s not being mandated for Cole either. 
The Atlanta Business Journal disagrees - https://atlantabusinessjournal.com/covid-19-vaccines-are-gene-therapy/

Sounds like a mandate - https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-updated-covid-19-protocols-for-training-camp-preseason
Individuals who are not fully vaccinated, including players, will be prohibited from gathering outside club facilities or team travel. NFL players who are not fully vaccinated will be barred from going to nightclubs, bars, house parties, concerts, etc. Failure to follow the protocols could result in fines of $50,000 for a first offense.

One of the definitions of 'mandate' from dictionary.com:
an authoritative order or command

Do you know what mRNA is?

It's not like Pfizer isn't into gene therapy - https://www.pfizer.com/partners/discovery/modalities-and-platforms/gene-therapy

Moderna calls theirs an "operating system" - https://www.modernatx.com/mrna-technology/mrna-platform-enabling-drug-discovery-development

I dunno, sounds like gene therapy - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html
COVID-19 mRNA vaccines give instructions for our cells to make a harmless piece of what is called the “spike protein.”

True, the other approved jabs in North America (J&J and AztraZeneca) are not gene therapies but viral vector shots.  I'll leave it to you to research that one.

My point being that Cole has every right to just say no.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Atlanta Business Journal disagrees - https://atlantabusinessjournal.com/covid-19-vaccines-are-gene-therapy/

Sounds like a mandate - https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-updated-covid-19-protocols-for-training-camp-preseason
Individuals who are not fully vaccinated, including players, will be prohibited from gathering outside club facilities or team travel. NFL players who are not fully vaccinated will be barred from going to nightclubs, bars, house parties, concerts, etc. Failure to follow the protocols could result in fines of $50,000 for a first offense.

It's not like Pfizer isn't into gene therapy - https://www.pfizer.com/partners/discovery/modalities-and-platforms/gene-therapy

Moderna calls theirs an "operating system" - https://www.modernatx.com/mrna-technology/mrna-platform-enabling-drug-discovery-development

I dunno, sounds like gene therapy - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html
COVID-19 mRNA vaccines give instructions for our cells to make a harmless piece of what is called the “spike protein.”

True, the other approved jabs in North America (J&J and AztraZeneca) are not gene therapies but viral vector shots.  I'll leave it to you to research that one.

My point being that Cole has every right to just say no.
I love the effort, but good luck breaking through any sort of cognitive dissonance on this board.

Beasley got an all-pro vote? That's nuts, dude was like the 20th best WR in the NFL last year. Was he 7th team all-pro?
King's reasoning was that since he had to vote for 3 WR's, he voted like he wanted the best for each spot, and since the slot WR is so prevalent now, he picked the best slot WR (Beasley) for that spot.  Pretty crazy that a respected writer who has been around that long would use such absurd reasoning, but there it is. 

As stupid as Beasley sounds in this article, his defense of it on twitter may be even worse. Beasley's tweets in bold:

Everybody is so all in on science now more than I have ever seen. What happen to God’s will?

In response to someone asking if you are injured and Doctors can repair your injury, would you have it repaired, or leave it up to God's will? Depends on the injury. When I get sick I naturally get better. If I don’t, then it was my time. Nobody is gonna be here forever.
Bizarre.  The guy has had multiple surgeries to get him back on the football field when his beliefs would tell him it was "God's will" for him not to be there.  He shot up all kinds of meds in last year's playoffs to deal with an injury that his body hadn't "naturally gotten better" in time.

King's reasoning was that since he had to vote for 3 WR's, he voted like he wanted the best for each spot, and since the slot WR is so prevalent now, he picked the best slot WR (Beasley) for that spot.  Pretty crazy that a respected writer who has been around that long would use such absurd reasoning, but there it is. 
I guess its not that surprising. King is a solid writer, and has a ton of contacts/access, but his actual opinions are often silly. I realize Beasley is essentially a slot-only player, but there were plenty of better slot WR's, who just also played outside. 

Beasley finished 21st in catches, 23rd in yards, and 63rd(tied) in TD's, including behind 3 other WR's just on the Bills, and that was in a season where his QB was 5th in both passing yards and passing TD's.

why we gotta infringe on a mans right to pass a deadly disease to other people 
First, 99.6% survival rate and that's with people being marked as "COVID death" even though they had other ailments (cancer etc) leading to their death.

Second, I worked for one of these companies for years that were first to introduce the vaccine.  Do you know how long it took us to get any drug we developed or developing a generic of a product that was about to come off of a patent to get approved by the FDA?  Multiple attempts over a year or two span before they finally had enough information they felt comfortable with releasing it for public consumption.  This vaccine with no FDA approval is totally different than your other vaccines that had been tested for years before being released.  That's the difference here.  If you want to take it go ahead.  If someone is forced to take it, that's the issue I have.

First, 99.6% survival rate and that's with people being marked as "COVID death" even though they had other ailments (cancer etc) leading to their death.

Second, I worked for one of these companies for years that were first to introduce the vaccine.  Do you know how long it took us to get any drug we developed or developing a generic of a product that was about to come off of a patent to get approved by the FDA?  Multiple attempts over a year or two span before they finally had enough information they felt comfortable with releasing it for public consumption.  This vaccine with no FDA approval is totally different than your other vaccines that had been tested for years before being released.  That's the difference here.  If you want to take it go ahead.  If someone is forced to take it, that's the issue I have.
Exactly my point Guru....I highlighted above....If you want to take it go ahead....if forced I have an issue.  I would also safely assume that is what Beasley is saying here...

Politics in sports has ruined pretty much any enjoyment I had is sports.  I was already fed up with high salaries and this bigger/better than you all attitudes.  

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out here today!  Hopefully the sun is shining where you are and you can enjoy the day.  Vaccinated or UN......I identify as vaccinated and BTW Cole if you are reading this and need a vax card ring me up I got ya!!

I am sure the author of that article, AdminTAA is a real expert and stands by that take where they won't even attach their name to it. 

Right, he is not ordered to do it. If he chooses not to get it, it's going to be a pain in the a-- though. However, my guess the way restrictions are being lifted everywhere that those rules and mandates might not even stay in play through the full season. He can either get the vax now, enjoy more freedom that comes from not being able to carry the disease but also take on some of the risk of the vaccine. Or he can sacrifice convenience, not get the vax and wait until all the protocols are finally lifted because enough of everyone else has gotten the vax. Or he can work for a different company. It's not a mandate. 

Yes I do, it's the messenger version DNA which means it never enters into the nucleus of a cell meaning it does not change your DNA sequencing. Hence it is not gene therapy. Gene therapy alters your actual cells and their DNA so that they perform differently in the future. Like say you have sickle cell. Your DNA has a mutation (error in the way your DNA is coded) that changes the shape of the red blood cells to a moon shape instead of round. Gene therapy would actually go into the nucleus of the cells of your body and correct that mutation so that your body now has the right instructions to make circular red blood cells moving forward. The vaccines are not doing that. They are introducing to the body the presence of a harmless COVID protein and allowing your B and T cells to naturally create memory cells for COVID. 

I am very reasonable. His body, his choice. His reasoning is just laughable. Unfortunately, that may also mean choosing to retire or sit the year out which would be a bummer for the Bills. He's solid for his niche role. 
I think the argument here is that while everyone wants to promote this concept of people being able to make their own choice - it seems that a lot of policies amongst private employers is going to be such that it forces employees hands.  If you consider the restrictions placed on nonvaccinated players within NFL policy - you could argue that they are deliberately trying to make this as difficult and inconvenient as possible for any said player that we are promoting "has the freedom to make their own choice." Continued isolation, "remote" interaction with coaches, limited weight room available while still being masked etc.  

Would be interested to see how many players (or employees of other companies facing similar restrictions) simply got the shot because they didn't want to be inconvenienced anymore - and not because they made a conscious decision to get it based on what they felt were the right reasons.  People are being manipulated and then bullied for having differing viewpoints that COULD very well have some merit to them, but ya know...cognitive dissonance.

I think the argument here is that while everyone wants to promote this concept of people being able to make their own choice - it seems that a lot of policies amongst private employers is going to be such that it forces employees hands.  If you consider the restrictions placed on nonvaccinated players within NFL policy - you could argue that they are deliberately trying to make this as difficult and inconvenient as possible for any said player that we are promoting "has the freedom to make their own choice." Continued isolation, "remote" interaction with coaches, limited weight room available while still being masked etc.  

Would be interested to see how many players (or employees of other companies facing similar restrictions) simply got the shot because they didn't want to be inconvenienced anymore - and not because they made a conscious decision to get it based on what they felt were the right reasons.  People are being manipulated and then bullied for having differing viewpoints that COULD very well have some merit to them, but ya know...cognitive dissonance.
It’s absolutely a headache and I’m sure lots of people are getting the vaccine just to get along so things are more convenient. The people who got the vaccine are taking a risk that maybe there is some hidden long term risk with it. The people who aren’t getting vaxxed are taking the risk of getting sick or being inconvenienced a lot. There’s a downside to both. It’s a choice. Nobody is happy that we have to make the choice, but it’s what it is. 

As I’ve said multiple times, I don’t fault Cole for choosing not to get the vaccine. It’s just reasoning behind the decision that doesn’t make sense as well as his being so vocal about not wanting to make any sacrifice at all. Like I said, we all have to take on a sacrifice here: inconvenience vs potential risk of vax side effects. It’s unfair for a person to say they want to deal with neither.

It’s absolutely a headache and I’m sure lots of people are getting the vaccine just to get along so things are more convenient. The people who got the vaccine are taking a risk that maybe there is some hidden long term risk with it. The people who aren’t getting vaxxed are taking the risk of getting sick or being inconvenienced a lot. There’s a downside to both. It’s a choice. Nobody is happy that we have to make the choice, but it’s what it is. 

As I’ve said multiple times, I don’t fault Cole for choosing not to get the vaccine. It’s just reasoning behind the decision that doesn’t make sense as well as his being so vocal about not wanting to make any sacrifice at all. Like I said, we all have to take on a sacrifice here: inconvenience vs potential risk of vax side effects. It’s unfair for a person to say they want to deal with neither.
Right. Sometimes you get put in a position where there are no good options. But you still have to choose. 

I don't blame anyone for being hesitant about taking something that seemed to be developed so quickly. What is also true is that 3 million people have died, and that's after everyone spent a year in their houses. How catastrophic could this have been without social distancing and these vaccines? Mutation upon mutation with people eventually getting new variants? This easily could have been as bad as 1918.

Different generations have to make different sacrifices. WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam. Well, this is ours. I don't know about you, but I would much rather get 2 shots in my arm than have to storm the beaches of Normandy. 

And to bring this back around to football, coaches are always talking about sacrificing for the team and I suspect a lot of borderline players unwilling to get vaccinated will lose jobs if they are not willing to make this sacrifice. Josh Allen won't, of course, but Beasley might. 

FWIW Kirk Cousins said things pretty similar to what Beasley is saying. The difference being that Cousins complied with safety protocol while it sounds like Beasley isn't willing to do that.

Second, I worked for one of these companies for years that were first to introduce the vaccine.  Do you know how long it took us to get any drug we developed or developing a generic of a product that was about to come off of a patent to get approved by the FDA?  Multiple attempts over a year or two span before they finally had enough information they felt comfortable with releasing it for public consumption.  This vaccine with no FDA approval is totally different than your other vaccines that had been tested for years before being released.  
This is an interesting point that I think some people possibly misunderstand.

My wife is a physician that worked the front lines of Covid and my sister in law is a biochemist that works for Pfizer.  They both independently made the same point about this when I talked to them.  Time is only somewhat relevant here.  They both have said that these Covid vaccines are the most heavily tested and scrutinized vaccines in world history.  They feel MORE confident about them than any standard vaccine, because while the testing was done in a compressed period of time, there has never been such dedicated all hands on deck everyone drop what you're doing and work on this type testing, and nothing has ever been as heavily scrutinized for every little potential side effect before.

The J&J vaccine getting pulled is a perfect example of this.  There were like 6 anecdotal side effect reports of the vaccine across the country and the entire thing was pulled from the market immediately.  Every other vaccine available has more than 6 anecdotal side effect reports every day and no one really blinks.  They're being extra careful with these, not less careful as seems to be generally implied.

These may be the fastest approved vaccines in history, but they are not the least tested and certainly not the least scrutinized.  It's not like the other vaccines we take were tested for 50 years first anyway so anything could just as likely have "long term side effects" when it was first released.

Just FWIW, because I know the timeline thing scares a lot of people, but I think it is misrepresented a bit in what it actually means.

If you want to take it go ahead.  If someone is forced to take it, that's the issue I have.
He's not really being forced to take it.  This is a private company making a business decision that he is welcome to walk away from (he even says in the rant that he doesn't need the money and he only plays for fun anymore. It's not like he's living paycheck to paycheck and is dependent on this money), AND it's not even like the NFL is saying that he can't play if he doesn't get it.  He just has to continue social distancing and getting tested and doing all the Covid protocols from last season if he doesn't have it, but he can still play.

I can just go by what I've seen in the past working with various teams trying to bring these items to market.  If things have changed, that's great.  Knowing what I've seen and heard from others I know still working in the sector, I still have my doubts.

He's not really being forced to take it. 
I never said he was........I said "If Someone".

We literally have a COVID imms station in a mini-mall. COVID approved for emergency use by the FDA. Gets input into the person's health record, statistics reported to the CDC, and stats for the State Health Department in case any side effects appear. No way, not puting it in their body. Free.

Immediately to the left of the imms station is a GNC store. It's full of non-FDA approved pills, powders, and liquids. Don't have to report any contra-indications. Just go to the emergency room if they feel irregular. Yup, will definitely pay decent money to put in the body. Repeatedly.

I wonder if pro athletes buy chemicals from quesionable health companies?

There's just so much bull#### I want to OMGERD about here, but I'm going to keep it clean and simply say

Well...  At least he's got his rap career to fall back on.  Amirite guys?  Guys?

Bueller?

Users who are viewing this thread