What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cole Beasley, BUF (1 Viewer)

Horses Mouth

Footballguy
SMU alum here and when I was watching their pathetic games there was always one little WR dude, about 5'7" and 175 lbs, called Cole Beasely, who always caught whatever was passed to him. I remember thinking that he reminds me of what Welker did while I painfully watched my fins games prior to his trade. On a not so good team but always producing. Now, I'm not saying that he is Welker 2.0 but someone to keep an eye on now that he's in Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:
SMU alum here and when I was watching their pathetic games there was always one little WR dude, about 5'7" and 175 lbs, called Cole Beasely, who always caught whatever was passed to him. I remember thinking that he reminds me of what Welker did while I painfully watched my fins games prior to his trade. On a not so good team but always producing. Now, I'm not saying that he is Welker 2.0 but someone to keep an eye on now that he's in Dallas.
I would take Laurent Robinson 2.0, but the Pokes don't seem ready to bench Ogletree and Harris just yet?

I would take Laurent Robinson 2.0, but the Pokes don't seem ready to bench Ogletree and Harris just yet?
Harris has 1 target all year. The guy looked like a stud in preseason. Would of thought he would of gotten a chance by now with how poorly the starting receivers are producing. He must be terrible at something; routes? blocking?

I'm surprised the Cowboys haven't utilized him, or Harris, much this season. For some reason, they're obsessed with what Ogletree brings to the table. Who knows?

Dallas homer...

A couple things at work here in my opinion.

1. A stubborn coach. He should have benched both Dez and Ogletree at various times, but didn't.

2. Talent

I am peronally higher on Beasley than I am of Harris. To me, Harris is a JAG and really doesn't bring much to the table.

Ogletree is the better talent then Beasley, but Ogletree has struggled badly with drops espeially on 3rd downs. Beasley would be ideal out of the slot and a short yardage possession type guy. My only concern with him is can he take a hit with his small frame?

I don't see much value from a fantasy perspetive either short or longer term at the moment for Beasley/Harris. Garrett is highly unlikely to change anything at this point. If the season is officially over, these guys might get more playing time.

Dallas homer...A couple things at work here in my opinion.1. A stubborn coach. He should have benched both Dez and Ogletree at various times, but didn't.2. TalentI am peronally higher on Beasley than I am of Harris. To me, Harris is a JAG and really doesn't bring much to the table.Ogletree is the better talent then Beasley, but Ogletree has struggled badly with drops espeially on 3rd downs. Beasley would be ideal out of the slot and a short yardage possession type guy. My only concern with him is can he take a hit with his small frame?I don't see much value from a fantasy perspetive either short or longer term at the moment for Beasley/Harris. Garrett is highly unlikely to change anything at this point. If the season is officially over, these guys might get more playing time.
Isn't Beasley more of a slot guy that Harris? It doesn't mean a whole lot in Dallas' offense with Austin able to play the slot, but long term I like Beasley more because he's a different kind of player than Dez/Austin.

Dallas homer...A couple things at work here in my opinion.1. A stubborn coach. He should have benched both Dez and Ogletree at various times, but didn't.2. TalentI am peronally higher on Beasley than I am of Harris. To me, Harris is a JAG and really doesn't bring much to the table.Ogletree is the better talent then Beasley, but Ogletree has struggled badly with drops espeially on 3rd downs. Beasley would be ideal out of the slot and a short yardage possession type guy. My only concern with him is can he take a hit with his small frame?I don't see much value from a fantasy perspetive either short or longer term at the moment for Beasley/Harris. Garrett is highly unlikely to change anything at this point. If the season is officially over, these guys might get more playing time.
I agree that there probably isn't much value for either any time soon, but the plays I saw (I was in and out of the living room throughout the game), Harris seemed like more of a playmaker. Beasley could be a slot / possession guy, but he'll be second fiddle to Witten in that role. Dallas doesn't have much of a run game so maybe Beasley and Harris can both fill roles for the next few weeks.

Don't expect much long term, but he made a decent fill in for austin. He's what, maybe sixth in the pecking order when everyone is healthy?

Anyone else thinking this guy may be a sneaky ppr play? I have to agree with the OP, he does kinda remind me of Welker.
Short, white slot receivers with almost identical measurables who played for north-Texas programs and went undrafted. Checks out.

Romo does seem to have a chemistry with him. And Dallas has formations that help make sure that he gets clean releases (they frequently line him up directly behind Witten). Because of other threats, he will get favorable coverage matchups. These things have all led to a very high completion percentage of targets (18/21).

The issue is number of targets. The last three games, he has 4, 6, 7. I'm guessing that 7 is about the high mark as he only comes in on 3 and 4 wide sets.

So you're likely to get a lot of lines like 4/45/0. Maybe an occasional 6/70/1. For a bye-week filler on an injury plagued roster, that might be ok. But WYSIWYG.

With Austin being benched until he gets healthy and being a FA next year, watch Beasely take over and become very valuable in PPR leagues.

Beasley definitely looks like another Welker, and I will be surprised if they don't start using him a bit more as time goes on, although it could be up and down from week to week considering the weapons they have in the passing game now.

I'm debating starting him over Kerley with byes killing my team.

One thing I'm considering is the fact the Cowboys played very conservatively the last 2 weeks since the defense stepped up. I have a feeling they play more 4-5 WR sets against Detroit who will have no issues putting up points.

Starting over Powell/Riley Cooper at Flex this weekend. If you are in a PPR league, he seems to have a floor of 5-6 points, which is better than a goose egg from my other options.

He's looked good.

I hate to break it to Miles, but the whole thing seems to work pretty well with Dez, TW and Cole out there, with a dash of Harris. Miles seems a little out of place now all of a sudden.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Cowboys reporter Todd Archer says the Cowboys do not want to lose restricted free agent WR Cole Beasley this offseason.
A second-round tender would almost ensure Beasley remains in Dallas next season, but it makes more sense for both sides to hash out a longer-term deal. Either way, Beasley will likely be back for another season as Tony Romo's slot receiver. Beasley had 37 targets in the Cowboys' final seven games of 2015, including 11 in the Cowboys' two playoff games.

Source: ESPN
Jan 17 - 12:36 PM

11 targets today. Didn't see the game. How did he look?
thought he looked good, but I think the giants were doubling and tripling Dez.  Announcers made a point of Dak really favoring the left side of the field, which might be common for a young QB, so I would imagine Defenses will adjust to this, Cole will see more coverage or Dez will shift left.

But I lost Allen today, so I'm intrigued by Cole.  Looked a lot better than blockhead williams

The upside is still capped, but I think Beasley ends up being a poor man's Landry in PPR. Wouldn't be surprised if Beasley catches 100 passes this year.  Granted that will probably equate to 950 yards and 4TDs, but still very useful in PPR. 

Do you think he can continue getting snaps as an outside receiver, or do you think he moves back to slot full-time this year?

I kinda liked him on the outside with Dak tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread