What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 WW Defense (1 Viewer)

Cin vs KC?Was vs Phi?
Yup, those are the two that stand out to me. Even though Foles' stat line looked decent his timing was clearly off - his passes were coming out late - and he could have easily thrown 2 or 3 more picks than he did. DAL just barely missed them. If Vick is in or Foles is in WAS will get some TO's - no doubt. Also ATL might have been dropped in some leagues due to their NO matchup tis past weekend. They have a tasty date with AZ this weekend - at home.

Stay away from Was. I used them against Car last week and they were terrible
While I agree that starting WAS normally isn't a good idea, I like them next week. It's a division game, so they know how to play them. It will most likely be close and lower scoring so no real concern for giving up too many points. A few turnovers in favor of WAS is almost guaranteed and all it takes is for one of them to be returned for a TD for them to put up great points.

Sticking with Denver for the foreseeable future, as they have a pretty good schedule ahead. The week 13 matchup with Bucs isn't very good, but unless something crazy happens, I'll already have the #1 seed locked up at that point, so the game doesn't really matter. I may look to grab a second defense for the week 15 matchup against the Ravens.

I also did a check on my team's performance this year, as I've used the WW Defense approach. In previous years, my team has always been in the top five in overall scoring, so I was curious how I stand so far.

I currently sit at 143 points total, which puts me second overall (tied with the Texans in average points, since they had a bye week). If not for a week 1 misstep with the Bills, who I actually drafted, I would have been even better.

Week 1 - Bills (-1)

Week 2 - Bengals (10)

Week 3 - Cardinals (25)

Week 4 - Cardinals (15)

Week 5 - Cardinals (6)

Week 6 - Cardinals (9)

Week 7 - Cardinals (13)

Week 8 - Chargers (8)

Week 9 - Chargers (27)

Week 10 - Broncos (31)

Thought this would be an interesting look at how WW Defense works for those that are just getting their feet wet in the idea. An important part of the process is knowing when to hold (like I did with the Carindals). In every week except one I only held one defense on my roster. I carried both San Diego and Denver last week, because I wanted to keep the Chargers for the KC matchup, but I really like the Broncos schedule going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
currently streamed BAL the last 2 weeks, but am seriously considering swapping them for DEN for week 11 as well as the playoffs as they appear to have some sweet matchups and have been pretty consitently good

Looking at Bengals and Rams. I think I will take a shot at the Bengals, and place a bid on the Rams as a backup plan. Both teams have back-to-back good matches, although OAK (who Bengals play next week) seems to be piling up points lately.

wow i just looked at cincys schedule thru week 15

kc

oak

sd

dal

phi

thats pretty much a whos who of which offenses you wanna start your def against

Washington has a great matchup but they are a poor pass rush team. Cinci and the Rams generate a lot of pass rush.

Bengals 28 sacks, 7 INT, 8 FR

Rams 26 sacks, 8 INT, 1 FR

Was 14 sacks, 10 INT, 6 FR

Washington has been great generating TO but so has Cinci. The Rams haven't generated a TO in their last four games and my gut tells me they are going to be flat after a tough game in SF.

I think KC is the tastiest matchup.

If Denver is on your WW, unlikely at this point, I like them because they appear to be completely buying into Manning, Fox and Del Rio. They seem to be playing at another speed and IIRC they get DJ Williams back this week as well.

Just chase the Chiefs around. Matt Cassell is a TAINT waiting to happen every week.

Biding highest on CIN with ATL as my backup bid

Sticking with Denver for the foreseeable future, as they have a pretty good schedule ahead. The week 13 matchup with Bucs isn't very good, but unless something crazy happens, I'll already have the #1 seed locked up at that point, so the game doesn't really matter. I may look to grab a second defense for the week 15 matchup against the Ravens. I also did a check on my team's performance this year, as I've used the WW Defense approach. In previous years, my team has always been in the top five in overall scoring, so I was curious how I stand so far.I currently sit at 143 points total, which puts me second overall (tied with the Texans in average points, since they had a bye week). If not for a week 1 misstep with the Bills, who I actually drafted, I would have been even better.Week 1 - Bills (-1)Week 2 - Bengals (10)Week 3 - Cardinals (25)Week 4 - Cardinals (15)Week 5 - Cardinals (6)Week 6 - Cardinals (9)Week 7 - Cardinals (13)Week 8 - Chargers (8)Week 9 - Chargers (27)Week 10 - Broncos (31)Thought this would be an interesting look at how WW Defense works for those that are just getting their feet wet in the idea. An important part of the process is knowing when to hold (like I did with the Carindals). In every week except one I only held one defense on my roster. I carried both San Diego and Denver last week, because I wanted to keep the Chargers for the KC matchup, but I really like the Broncos schedule going forward.
Great post. I have the same D/ST usage as you from weeks 1-7. (The Bills cost me week 1.) For weeks 8-10 I used Detroit vs. SEA, @JAX, and @MIN. (Lions weren't that good week 10, though.) I next will be using the Bengals for Week 11: @KCWeek 12: OAKWeek 13: @SD (SD has been turnover prone but is looking a bit better lately so we'll see about this one)Week 14: DAL (turnover prone)Week 15: @PHI (turnover prone)Another D I'd eye and would've taken if I couldn't have Cinci was Denver, who has this schedule:Wk 11: SDWk 12: @KCWk 13: TB (skip this one)Wk 14: @OAKWk 15: @BALWk 16: CLEWk 17: KC (if you're in an oddball league that's still playing)

Picked up Denver for 9-12, will probably hold longer since they've turned into a good defense play regardless of matchup. I've also stashed away the Jets for 13-16. Not loving what I see from that combo in week 15 (NYJ @ TEN, DEN @ BAL) so I'll keep my eyes open for a prime matchup

I picked up Dal and Cincy last week and started Dal and plan on starting Cincy this week but KC looked half-way descent this week so now am thinking of playing Dal. Was going to drop Dal but now am thinking of keeping them for at least week 13 against Philly again? But can the eagles play that bad again?

Just chase the Chiefs around. Matt Cassell is a TAINT waiting to happen every week.Biding highest on CIN with ATL as my backup bid
Brady Quinn has been cleared to play this week. If he starts, is it bad news for Bengals defense because he isn't as reckless with the ball as Cassell?

What about Miami @ BUF? Good backup plan if you missed out on Denver/Cincy/Dallas? Or are the Rams a better bet?

Short week and no FJax make it a decent matchup.

What about Miami @ BUF? Good backup plan if you missed out on Denver/Cincy/Dallas? Or are the Rams a better bet?Short week and no FJax make it a decent matchup.
I think a real wildcard may be the opposite side here ... Miami's not so dynamic offense, on the road, short week ... all the makings of another crapfest.If one is truly bereft of anything else "sexier", the Bison may be a surprise ..

Baltimore may have been dropped recently; this sure as hell ain't yer 2000 Ravens "D" ... but... 2 of the next 3 weeks against the Stillers (this week without Ben), sandwiched around a date with Phil and Norv.

Jacoby Jones heating up the return game as well. Make for a very nice play this week. :thumbup:

I have Rams and Cinci on my roster.

Who do I roll with, as both have very tasty matchups.

Just chase the Chiefs around. Matt Cassell is a TAINT waiting to happen every week.Biding highest on CIN with ATL as my backup bid
Brady Quinn has been cleared to play this week. If he starts, is it bad news for Bengals defense because he isn't as reckless with the ball as Cassell?
Looks like Quinn hasn't been clearded after all, so Cassell gets another start.I am trying to decide between Cincy @ KC and Atl vs. Ari

Looks like Quinn hasn't been clearded after all, so Cassell gets another start.I am trying to decide between Cincy @ KC and Atl vs. Ari
kc is worse than arz....by quite a bit

Plugging in Stl @ home. NYJ and Sanchez back to back games on the road flying cross country.

I totally missed out on WWs last night because I've been playing a bit of Call of Duty. I ran to my WWs at 3AM and was extremely surprised to see no one put claims in on CIN in two of my leagues. I was astonished. In my other league, I grabbed DAL.

'kOOk said:
tell me why I shouldn't start the Dolphin, please. not many choices by the way.
Depends on what your options are.On the road with three days rest is the biggest reason. I think the home team in this circumstance wins close to 75% of the time.The Bills have a competent offense that has the potential to be explosive at times.

'kOOk said:
tell me why I shouldn't start the Dolphin, please. not many choices by the way.
Depends on what your options are.On the road with three days rest is the biggest reason. I think the home team in this circumstance wins close to 75% of the time.The Bills have a competent offense that has the potential to be explosive at times.
I get the part about rest/road but i think its offset with a TV game and division rival, maybe, i hope! The other wildcard hope is that miami takes that pounding from the Titans to heart.Bills will have to throw so there's some hope in a mistake or two there, too.

Go Bills! Seahawks on bye and Indy facing Brady doesn't seem like a good idea. The wire is that bad for D's in my league for this week.

Yeah, I started them, could I get a group hug?

Go Bills! Seahawks on bye and Indy facing Brady doesn't seem like a good idea. The wire is that bad for D's in my league for this week.Yeah, I started them, could I get a group hug?
:goodposting: ANOTHER PASSENGER ON THE BISON BANDWAGON, BROHAN!!! :wub: <- - - there's our "hug"

Go Bills! Seahawks on bye and Indy facing Brady doesn't seem like a good idea. The wire is that bad for D's in my league for this week.Yeah, I started them, could I get a group hug?
:goodposting: ANOTHER PASSENGER ON THE BISON BANDWAGON, BROHAN!!! :wub: <- - - there's our "hug"
Ka-Boom!!! :bow: :thanks: :thanks: :hifive: :hifive:
... and "KA-CHING!!" :hifive: I had suggested them earlier in the thread, and when it came time, I opted for them over the likes of TB and Wash. 90 seconds in, and we get a ST score ... 'fins are outta synch all night. The second half sacks and picks were gravy. Well worth the gamble. Sets a nice tone for heading into Sunday in a must win sitch.

Users who are viewing this thread