What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Continuous Rays thread: fun season (1 Viewer)

Seems like good trades for Arch and definitely Pham, but surprised that was all they could get for Ramos. Should have qualified him and took the first round pick. Dumb. 

Sure feels like the Pirates got the second-best SP in that deal. Glasnow looks ridiculous. 
Obviously early, but Archer hasn't looked right in 3 years.  I thought maybe he just became disinterested in Tampa and the change of scenery would do him well.  So far it's the same old stuff, different uniform.

Sure feels like the Pirates got the second-best SP in that deal. Glasnow looks ridiculous. 
Glasnow always had elite potential.  He dominated everywhere in the minors but just wasn't able to harness the control whenever he was pitching for the Pirates.  I always thought it was a mental issue but now I'm just starting to think that the Pirates pitching coaches have no clue what they're doing.  Now Cole, Morton and Glasnow (still early for him) are all thriving in new locations.

He’s horrible and I don’t think it’s going to improve next year.  It might go down as one of the worst trades in Pirates history.
As one of, if not the biggest Archer detractor this forum has, even I'm stunned at how awful he's been. Really thought getting away from pitching in the  ALEast would do him favors.  

Last edited by a moderator:
As one of, if not the biggest Archer detractor this forum has, even I'm stunned at how awful he's been. Really thought getting away from pitching in the  ALEast would do him favors.  
Yea I assumed that too. Thought maybe a change would be good for him too. I assume he still can’t get lefties out? That slider to them was a total meatball. I almost have to wonder if something is wrong with him. 

The Rays are tanking takes the media #### out there on 7/31 are looking pretty sweet right now. 

I’m guessing MLB has plans for the team elsewhere.  This stadium thing seems like a smokescreen.
:goodposting:

unless a stadium gets figured out I’m not going to take my son to their games. I don’t want him getting nut punched when they move at age 10. 

:goodposting:

unless a stadium gets figured out I’m not going to take my son to their games. I don’t want him getting nut punched when they move at age 10. 
Nice “letter” they sent to MLB lacking any kind of detail whatsoever.  Au revoir Les Rays or wherever they go. Very disappointing.

UHHHHH they just traded Jake Bauers
I was surprised that the team bailed on him so quickly.  Bauers didn't hit a lick after the All Star break but his abnormally low BABIP didn't help him.  He just turned 23 and you have to think he'll be able to make some adjustments to counter whatever holes the league found in his approach.  The big question is whether his power will ever develop enough for him to hold down a 1B or COF slot.

The Rays know a lot more about him than anybody and I assume they figured to deal him while he still had some value as a prospect.

It would be huge if Yonny Chirinos can be a reliable rotation starter.  He's always had great stuff.

Reducing the number of short opener stints has to help with bullpen fatigue too.

It would be huge if Yonny Chirinos can be a reliable rotation starter.  He's always had great stuff.

Reducing the number of short opener stints has to help with bullpen fatigue too.
I don’t recall him looking like he did today last year. He was nasty. 

How bad is Adames?  I can't recall the last time I had someone in my fantasy lineup who had this bad of a week.  He's my replacement until Lindor comes back but is he worth holding (not that there is anything on the waiver wire)?  Am I just overreacting after one week?

Chris Archer had a solid day.  I don’t think the Rays miss him.

Putting Yandy Diaz into the ol twitter engine sure reveals a lot of very unhappy Cleveland fans. 

Because they live in Cleveland?

@Tom Servo

@MAC_32
I may live in Cleveland, but I'm not an Indian fan.  I root for a team that's a whole lot worse than them.  :mellow:

But their fans are a source of constant and irrational unintentional hilarity.  I am kinda curious what @Capella found on his dive for info on Biceps.  The idiots that talk about this team don't actually mean anything they say about them.  Attendance will suck no matter what they do differently and they'd rather lose high scoring games than win due to superior pitching.

I may live in Cleveland, but I'm not an Indian fan.  I root for a team that's a whole lot worse than them.  :mellow:

But their fans are a source of constant and irrational unintentional hilarity.  I am kinda curious what @Capella found on his dive for info on Biceps.  The idiots that talk about this team don't actually mean anything they say about them.  Attendance will suck no matter what they do differently and they'd rather lose high scoring games than win due to superior pitching.
I'm an Indian fan, but I don't live in Cleveland.  I live in PA.

Mainly about how the Indians groomed Díaz and then traded him away right in time for his breakout. And a lot of how Bauers sucks. 

Meadows with another monster night and Glasnow heads to the mound today. 

Just another outstanding trade by Rays management. 
Getting Meadows, Pham, Glasnow and Díaz for Archer, Bauers and some B/C prospects are the type of trades that can change the trajectory of a franchise. Really awesome. 

From twitter: 

Tyler Glasnow now down to a 1.47 ERA and 0.86 WHIP. 

Austin Meadows: .351/.422/.676

Shane Baz is 19 years old and was a first-rounder just 2 years ago. 

These guys were all traded by the Pirates for Chris Archer, the owner of a 4.88 FIP, 4.33 ERA, and 1.30 WHIP.

From twitter: 

These guys were all traded by the Pirates for Chris Archer, the owner of a 4.88 FIP, 4.33 ERA, and 1.30 WHIP.
The Rays acquired Archer from the Cubs way back when for a couple of mediocre years of Matt Garza.

From twitter: 

You’re a fan of a small market team.  I’m a fan of a small market team.  Your team traded a # 3/4 starter for 3 top prospects.  My team traded 3 top prospects for a # 3/4 starter.  Congrats - you win.   😥

I thought Snell was going to throw a perfect game in front of what looked like at most 1,000 people last night.  So, I checked.  Lowest reported so far this season.  8,124. 

Users who are viewing this thread