What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Continuous Rays thread: fun season (1 Viewer)

Shane Baz called up for tomorrow. I could see him getting 2-3 starts before the playoffs. A rotation of: 

McClanahan

Patino 

Baz 

Rasmussen 

has some seriously high-octane stuff. Should be fun. 

Would love to see them win 3 more games to get to100, but I’m cool with them just moving into the playoffs healthy and ready to party. 
Just have to go 3-3. I’m sure they get it. I doubt any pitcher gets more than a few innings over the last week. 

Shane Mac 

Baz

Rasmussen 

to start the playoffs. For all the worrying about the playoff rotation that’s a really good trio. 

They really blew it. Relatively healthy, home field all the way through the AL, playing a team that has been .500 since the all-star break (and not getting the far superior Jays)…all while having a 1-0 series lead and being up 5-2 in game 2. Just terrible. 

It’s easy to say they’ll be back, and they’ll be good, but playing in the East makes skipping that crap shoot wild card game very difficult. 

Yandy Diaz has to be the biggest player in freaking history who just hits dribblers back to the pitcher. How does a guy that size have no ability to drive the ball?

Wait…there’s no active Yankees thread? Posers. Their fans are the worst.

Anyway, going to the Stadium tonight. It’s military appreciation week & I got a discount from the VA. 2nd Row Field Section 111 - looks pretty good.

Gimme some Rays to cheer for. I’m not much of an MLB fan (Tigers still suck) but it’s my wife’s first game.

Planning on blowing $150-200 on beer & food. $17 beers, $9 hot dogs, so hey - might as well go all the way & spend $20-25 on a bucket of chicken, Labels steak sandwich, or Grand Slam Shake. We are bringing our own water ($6 per bottle in stadium) in our approved see through bag. Got the CLEAR + for quick access.

Anyway, you only live once, LFG.

Anyway, going to the Stadium tonight. It’s military appreciation week & I got a discount from the VA. 2nd Row Field Section 111 - looks pretty good.

Gimme some Rays to cheer for. I’m not much of an MLB fan (Tigers still suck) but it’s my wife’s first game.

Planning on blowing $150-200 on beer & food. $17 beers, $9 hot dogs, so hey - might as well go all the way & spend $20-25 on a bucket of chicken, Labels steak sandwich, or Grand Slam Shake. We are bringing our own water ($6 per bottle in stadium) in our approved see through bag. Got the CLEAR + for quick access.

I think it’s 2 for 1 on rays in the Rays tank tonight. Blackened or grilled iirc. Delicious.

I think it’s 2 for 1 on rays in the Rays tank tonight. Blackened or grilled iirc. Delicious.

Where am I?

Where am I?
Dang. I thought you were going to The Trop. Can’t give you any recommendations on that stadium other than don’t go. HTH

Where am I?
Dang. I thought you were going to The Trop. Can’t give you any recommendations on that stadium other than don’t go. HTH

Garrett Cole pitching

Feels like we should talk about them. Still winning. No idea who any of the players are really, but they’re fun to watch as always. Their roster from the beginning of the year is completely different. Hope to get Wander back soon. Maybe Glashow can help in the playoffs. McClanahan hopefully ok. Siri looks like a star to me. Kluber getting it done.

Feels like we should talk about them. Still winning. No idea who any of the players are really, but they’re fun to watch as always. Their roster from the beginning of the year is completely different. Hope to get Wander back soon. Maybe Glashow can help in the playoffs. McClanahan hopefully ok. Siri looks like a star to me. Kluber getting it done.
Always winning. Wish they’d get a Series to really lock in how great of an organization they are.

Always winning. Wish they’d get a Series to really lock in how great of an organization they are.
Certainly a great organization from a baseball operations standpoint, but how can they be so bad at the fan experience?

I’d like to know more about it too. The continued success is pretty remarkable, but still no one goes to the games.

Just the ballpark experience plus now years upon years of threats from Stu?

The way they treat players like stocks seems to work with their budget and in the win/loss column, but I don’t think it’s endearing to fans. People invest in the team, but they also want to invest in individual players, and you can’t do that here. Good chance they’re somewhere else before you even know who they are.

Certainly a great organization from a baseball operations standpoint, but how can they be so bad at the fan experience?

I’d like to know more about it too. The continued success is pretty remarkable, but still no one goes to the games.

Just the ballpark experience plus now years upon years of threats from Stu?

The way they treat players like stocks seems to work with their budget and in the win/loss column, but I don’t think it’s endearing to fans. People invest in the team, but they also want to invest in individual players, and you can’t do that here. Good chance they’re somewhere else before you even know who they are.
Many people are good at business but have no personal skills. In this case, it’s an entire organization. But I do think Stu’s example filters down.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the area but wasn't one of the complaints about the current site that it was hard to get to from the Tampa side.

Have been enjoying things but hesitant to post a lot of hype.

-Went to opening day with my wife and 23-yr old son, my son talked me out of expensive seats...Dad likes getting seats close to the field. These two talked me into the Party Deck(Space Observatory) with a very nice Pre-Party at the Green Bench Brewery close by, walk thru Fergs and even went back to Webb's next to Green Bench afterwards, we had a blast.

-For once the team looks good offensively. You can see how hard it is on other teams to try and make outs on Diaz, Franco, Arozarena, Lowe, the other Lowe, Raley, Margot, Siri, Paredes, the hits keep on coming and several of these guys can go yard. The Rays benefit tremendously from the new rule changes IMHO. They can win games just hitting singles up the middle if they have to.

12-2, 7-2, 11-0, 11-0, those games are great but it was just as exciting watching them win 1-0 last night vs the BoSox.

Nothing but positives on speeding the games up, much better than the 3.5-4 hour marathons we used to be treated to watching these guys play scratch n sniff on the mound all night.
1st pitch was 6:40 last night and the Rays were sending Pete Fairbanks out to record their 1st Save of the season, despite 10 wins. It was only 8:40 or just about 2 hours from start to finish.

The Springs/Rasmussen combo at the 3-4 spots in the rotation are just ridiculous.

Last edited:
When can we trade Tyler GlassArm? When is someone going to convert him to the bullpen?
He might be an amazing closer

2018 after being traded from the Pirates, Glass starts 11 games, ERA over 4 and a record of 1-5
He pitches 111 innings between Pitt/TB, he hasn't come close to that in total innings since then.
111 isn't a lot for a starting pitcher btw.

2019-12 Starts
2020-11 starts, Rays make the WS, short season
2021-14 starts, Has Tommy John surgery
2022-Tommy John recovery
2023-Won't see the field before May as the Rays are 10-0 without him so far

He runs about 60-80 innings per year on average, time to make him the 8th or 9th inning guy.
Even if he can clear and come back by Mid May, zero faith he can be there when the Rays need him in September and October

Webb's City Cellar by Green Bench is the official name of this place I speak of for those who venture out to Rays games.

-65 degrees inside at all time, maybe even chillier than that. St Pete is about 95 degrees and 95% humidity when the summer kicks in, it's gnarly hot outside and you are drinking some of the best house made meads on the planet in 65 degrees on leather couches if you can grab one, it's absolutely divine. And if you want a craft beer you can shuffle next door and walk back. I'm surprised it's not shoulder to shoulder in Webb's.

Dr BBQ is now closed, used to love to pop in there before games as well.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the area but wasn't one of the complaints about the current site that it was hard to get to from the Tampa side.
Who says this? Howard Franklin works, the old Gandy got my son and I from downtown St Pete to watch the Rays last year, went straight to the Lightning game downtown Tampa after

People in Tampa and Florida in general are just lazy when it comes to activities and supporting "Professional" sports teams/sporting events.
We sorta forced everyone out opening weekend vs watching it on the TV, had to drive up from WPB to Tampa/St Pete, 3.5-4 hour drive, not many will do that.

It's not that hard getting from St Pete to Tampa or vice versa, people just don't like to drive across the Bay for whatever the reasons.

Webb's City Cellar by Green Bench is the official name of this place I speak of for those who venture out to Rays games.

-65 degrees inside at all time, maybe even chillier than that. St Pete is about 95 degrees and 95% humidity when the summer kicks in, it's gnarly hot outside and you are drinking some of the best house made meads on the planet in 65 degrees on leather couches if you can grab one, it's absolutely divine. And if you want a craft beer you can shuffle next door and walk back. I'm surprised it's not shoulder to shoulder in Webb's.

Dr BBQ is now closed, used to love to pop in there before games as well.
Love Webb’s. Underrated imo

Users who are viewing this thread