What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (1 Viewer)

Anyone see whether Julio practiced today?
From Rotoworld:

Julio Jones participated in Wednesday's walk-through, which is at least a glimmer of hope after he was DNP Monday and Tuesday. Jones isn't someone who needs to practice in order to play either, so hopefully we'll get word well before lineups lock Thursday night. If Jones sits, Calvin Ridley and Russell Gage will see massive boosts.

Saw a link that he plans on playing, but what we really need to know if if Lattimore is playing....I think I sit Julio for Devante Parker if so.

Saw a link that he plans on playing, but what we really need to know if if Lattimore is playing....I think I sit Julio for Devante Parker if so.
^^^This. I'm considering the same play of DP over JJ this week. I trotted out the decoy TY Hilton last week, so I'm really anxious to avoid another situation like that in a must-win matchup.

Hoping Bloom gets his Q's link up before tomorrow and can weigh in as well. 

I am in worse shape as if I don't start him I go Sterling Deebo or Hollywood.

Or pickup a waiver guy like Auden Tate or Lazard.....

I am conflicted because hate to bench my wr1 who can easily to off but he is at risk of a donut or sub 5 point game.  Those other options at least should get me 8 to 12 in ppr.

Been waffling all morning between Jones, Gallup and J. Brown...all my options for the lineup spot play today so I can’t wait to see if he’s active or zi’m stuck with a waiver gem like A. Tate.

Rolling out Jones for now but nervous.

Well if you are like me this is a must win week to make the playoffs and you are debating starting Julio Jones. His so called shoulder injury is the same AC joint strain that Deebo and Conner have. There are different degrees of it and the mildest form is a passion tolerance thing. We saw Deebo be looked all week but play with it. He only saw 2 targets but did well. He also had a full week to rest the injury. We saw Julio hurt or last Sunday. He managed to play through it but clearly in pain.

So.... 1st question is does he play? It might be a true game time decision based on how it feels before game time. Falcons have nothing to play for so sitting him might be a smart call.

2nd if he plays well he be a decoy. To this I say no. This is not a leg injury and if he rotates the pain enough to run routes and uses his arms to get off the line, then he will not be a decoy. However since Julio isn't exactly a warrior he might come off for a few posts everytime he aggravates it a little so might only see 50 to 60% of snaps.

3rd will he get me a zero if I start him? Real risk as if hé reaggravate it enough early in the game he might be out rest of game.

4th issue is well he get Lattimore? Sounds like he will play so either will be on Julio or Calvin with the other likely double teamed. So what we have today is a huge dilemma. This is a guy who is a top receiver in a potentially high scoring game who could be the wr1 this week if things fall right or could get you a zero. I almost wish he is declared out so as to take away my risk and to let him break so he will be healthy next week.

I would think if your team is projected to win by large margin you swap him out for a safer choice with lower ceiling. But then you have to ask yourself how you would feel benching your round 1 stud and have him go off on your bench which is in the range of outcomes.

So tell me what you will do and who you might choose to start over him.

Well if you are like me this is a must win week to make the playoffs and you are debating starting Julio Jones. His so called shoulder injury is the same AC joint strain that Deebo and Conner have. There are different degrees of it and the mildest form is a passion tolerance thing. We saw Deebo be looked all week but play with it. He only saw 2 targets but did well. He also had a full week to rest the injury. We saw Julio hurt or last Sunday. He managed to play through it but clearly in pain.

So.... 1st question is does he play? It might be a true game time decision based on how it feels before game time. Falcons have nothing to play for so sitting him might be a smart call.

2nd if he plays well he be a decoy. To this I say no. This is not a leg injury and if he rotates the pain enough to run routes and uses his arms to get off the line, then he will not be a decoy. However since Julio isn't exactly a warrior he might come off for a few posts everytime he aggravates it a little so might only see 50 to 60% of snaps.

3rd will he get me a zero if I start him? Real risk as if hé reaggravate it enough early in the game he might be out rest of game.

4th issue is well he get Lattimore? Sounds like he will play so either will be on Julio or Calvin with the other likely double teamed. So what we have today is a huge dilemma. This is a guy who is a top receiver in a potentially high scoring game who could be the wr1 this week if things fall right or could get you a zero. I almost wish he is declared out so as to take away my risk and to let him break so he will be healthy next week.

I would think if your team is projected to win by large margin you swap him out for a safer choice with lower ceiling. But then you have to ask yourself how you would feel benching your round 1 stud and have him go off on your bench which is in the range of outcomes.

I have Julio, Adams and Lockett. Have both KC Williams, Carson/Penny & Snell as RB options. Start 2 RB & 2 WR plus a Flex. Thinking about sitting Julio for Snell. Crazy, but need to win to get in. Also have Saints D/ST...debating Saints or Seahawks???

i have the final playoff spot locked but I can't move any higher. So, I will just let Jones play.

Need the win to get in and pretty much have to start him. Already starting the max of 3 RBs, Ertz is my only TE so only other choices are Amendola or Beasley who both play early.

Rotoworld:

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports Julio Jones (shoulder) is a true game-time decision.

The Falcons will test Jones in warmups. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported that the Falcons are "optimistic" Jones will suit up. Calvin Ridley would work as the offense's clear-cut No. 1 pass-game option if Jones is ultimately sidelined. Russell Gage would receive a boost in target share as well with Jones out, but it'd be tough to get behind potential No. 3 WRs like Christian Blake, Justin Hardy and Olamide Zaccheaus as legit fantasy options.

Nov 28, 2019, 12:22 PM ET

Very nervously swapping in Ridley for him. Might talk myself out of it -- can't stand benching a star and watching him blow up.

Depends what you need I suppose. If you need his upside, you keep him in. If you need a decent floor you probably bench him. 

Think I'm benching him. Will play Shepherd or RoJo in the flex instead. It's not sexy, and feels wrong, but the injury + Lattimore is a lot of headwind. 

Like someone mentioned, I almost hope they declare him out and take the decision away from me.

I have Julio, Adams and Lockett. Have both KC Williams, Carson/Penny & Snell as RB options. Start 2 RB & 2 WR plus a Flex. Thinking about sitting Julio for Snell. Crazy, but need to win to get in. Also have Saints D/ST...debating Saints or Seahawks???
If Julio sits and Lattimore plays then saints for sure though think I like either way.nit sure which kc Williams but Damien not practicing might not play so would Carson and snell

Julio is out tonight 
Rotoworld:

Julio Jones (shoulder) is out for Week 13 against the Saints.

The team tested his shoulder pregame and ruled him out. Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage and Christian Blake will start in three-wide sets with Justin Hardy and Olamide Zaccheaus also available as reserves. Jaeden Graham is expected to play every down in place of Austin Hooper and Luke Stocker, the latter who joins Jones on the inactive list.

Nov 28, 2019, 6:52 PM ET

And of course I had him in my starting lineup.

Knew there was a chance he may not play as I was in traffic coming home from Thanksgiving with my relatives and my had my son fumbling and scrambling with my phone in the back seat after I heard he was out. Did not get him swapped out in time. 

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
Same general area though right? Can be easily confused.
Lol. I think the NFL is too embarrassed and making up the shoulder thing. He probably has bag itch and can't cut like normal

If I were an NFL coach I would with the cooperation of my GM and bench players like Julio Jones and Matt Ryan when it's a lost season.  Some could argue, "but what about the fans?", and I would respond that the future health of my star players is helping the fans long term.  It helps in draft position too and that also is helping the fans long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
togo said:
And of course I had him in my starting lineup.

Knew there was a chance he may not play as I was in traffic coming home from Thanksgiving with my relatives and my had my son fumbling and scrambling with my phone in the back seat after I heard he was out. Did not get him swapped out in time. 
Got to consider putting your son on waivers. 

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Julio Jones' (shoulder) availability for Week 14 is "trending upward."

Quinn added Julio would've had a "much better chance" to play on Thanksgiving if the game was on a Sunday instead of mid-week. Having already nixed any thoughts about shutting Jones down for their last four games, Julio will obviously rank as a WR1 in the fantasy playoffs if truly healthy. Next up is a date with James Bradberry and Carolina's secondary.

SOURCE: Jason Butt on Twitter

Dec 2, 2019, 1:14 PM ET

Early Report for this week:

Julio Jones likely to play in Week 14
Missed Thanksgiving night game with shoulder injury
By: Doug Orth | Dec 2 2019, 5:05 pm
"Dan Quinn said Julio Jones (shoulder) is trending upward in terms of his availability for Sunday's game against Carolina. Mentioned Julio would have had a much better chance to play this past week if the game was on a Sunday instead of a Thursday."

Last time vs Carolina he has 6 catches for 91 yards. No Td's.

He hasn't scored a touchdown in Atlanta's last 9 games.

Hmmm..... what do you expect from him?

Monster Break out week: 140 yards and 2 TD's??

Average week: 5 catches for 65 yards.

Bust week: 3 for 31yards?

Julio Jones (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Coach Dan Quinn expects Jones to be back out there this week against the Panthers after missing Thanksgiving versus the Saints.

SOURCE: Jason Butt on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 12:47 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread