Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Hate to see injuries begin to derail those who are seeing advanced age. Let's hope for people that invested in Julio that this isn't the beginning of that and is just any other injury. But I was given pause by Waldman, who watches film studiously, saying earlier in camp that all last year the Falcons were working maintenance on Julio while on the sidelines and in between plays, etc. Didn't sound good, and this is certainly not a good way to lead it all off.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On that disputed catch, Julio burned the CB on a double move, the safety already fell down, and Julio had at least 2 steps on the CB.  Most of the time that would lead to a 70 yard TD.  But Matt Ryan

Why people complain about ANY player, let alone a fantasy stud, 1/4 into a game is ALWAYS beyond me.

if he keeps playing like he did last night he can talk anyway he damn way pleases

36 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Hate to see injuries begin to derail those who are seeing advanced age. Let's hope for people that invested in Julio that this isn't the beginning of that and is just any other injury. But I was given pause by Waldman, who watches film studiously, saying earlier in camp that all last year the Falcons were working maintenance on Julio while on the sidelines and in between plays, etc. Didn't sound good, and this is certainly not a good way to lead it all off.

Agree. The whole "Qulio" thing -- Julio is always questionable, always limited and maintaining while going off on Sundays -- is decidedly different this year. He looks hurt, and other players around him are stepping up more.

I think Julio is still valuable and elite if healthy. But I am not sure if I can trust him to perform where I drafted him, or even if I can trust him at all this weekend as anything more than a decoy. It's not like he was hurting and lit up the field like in past years -- he was visibly limping this past weekend. 

4 hours ago, montana_grizzly_bears said:

I am in the same boat. But I know the minute I sit him its his week for 10-210 and 3 td's for the year. 

That's been the case with "Qulio" -- come into gameday questionable, and explode.

This is different in my mind as he just looks flat out hurt.

57 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Probably starting cooks over him

I have this option as well, or potentially slotting a Cohen/RoJo in flex instead. 

Not super confident in any of those three options.

A lot of people who are bolder(?) than I here. if Julio is active, he starts for me, doesn't even matter what my other options are. A banged up Julio is still a high-end WR2 in my eyes. Hell, maybe he'll see some lesser coverage with Ridley blowing up, and teams knowing Julio's not 100%. 

I can't help but think if he doesn't drop that TD last week, nobody is even considering benching him.

4 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I can't help but think if he doesn't drop that TD last week, nobody is even considering benching him.

I can't help but think that if Jones wasn't hobbled by his hamstring as much, he would have caught that thing.

Watching him struggle to get up after a play, limping on the sidelines -- I don't care if he is better than most WRs with half a hammy, there are likely other options on my bench or on the wire who may have a better shot than scoring more than 3-4 points (maybe even 9-10 even if he caught that TD).

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport stated that Julio Jones' (hamstring, questionable) "outlook is a little bleak" for Week 3 against the Bears.

Jones is a game-time decision for now. He will run before the game to test his hamstring and then the team will make the call on his status. If he does play, Jones will be well below full health versus the Bears. Expect Calvin Ridley to take on a larger role with Jones limited or potentially out. Fantasy managers should still roll with Jones if he's active this week, even if he is hampered by the injury.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 27, 2020, 9:41 AM ET

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Waffling between Slayton and the “safety” of Gage, myself. 

That's a very interesting choice and definitely not one you thought you would be making as soon as week 3...you just know it will either win or lose your game this weekend.

• Like 1

Whoa. Must be bad if he’s not even doing the decoy bit. Or the Falcons finally got smart about it. Either way, Julio owners should take this as a good thing. You want that dude healthy.

as a Ridley owner, I’m not sure how I feel about it. We’ll see in a few hours I guess. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Whoa. Must be bad if he’s not even doing the decoy bit. Or the Falcons finally got smart about it. Either way, Julio owners should take this as a good thing. You want that dude healthy.

as a Ridley owner, I’m not sure how I feel about it. We’ll see in a few hours I guess. :unsure:

I feel like Ridley is a really talented co-pilot but needs a pilot. Happy to be wrong about that though.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Ridley will probably see a lot of double teams today, but he should still be productive.  

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, habsfan said:

I feel like Ridley is a really talented co-pilot but needs a pilot. Happy to be wrong about that though.

Definitely a TBD, though I recall his production has been excellent when JJ is an obvious decoy. I can’t recall if DB1 coverage swung his way or not in those circumstances. 

I'm hearing rumors about a possible Jones trade to the Patriots................

Could be just speculation at this point, but I have heard from several people that its a possibility.

Stay tuned.

TZM

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

I'm hearing rumors about a possible Jones trade to the Patriots................

Could be just speculation at this point, but I have heard from several people that its a possibility.

Stay tuned.

TZM

This makes way too much sense. The Pats look like serious contenders with Newton, and need a dominant WR presence badly.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

This makes way too much sense. The Pats look like serious contenders with Newton, and need a dominant WR presence badly.

It does make sense, and a typical Patriot "win now" move.

I have since heard that this rumor will not happen.

Anyone that follows my posting here knows I wouldn't want to "wildly guess" at anything like this.  The person I heard it from usually has a clue on trade talks, and he told me a few minutes ago that even if this move doesn't happen, there is definitely "something going on".

This may be the Falcons just frustrated at a bad start (Julio's health a part of that) or it could be anything.

TZM

7 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

It does make sense, and a typical Patriot "win now" move.

I have since heard that this rumor will not happen.

Anyone that follows my posting here knows I wouldn't want to "wildly guess" at anything like this.  The person I heard it from usually has a clue on trade talks, and he told me a few minutes ago that even if this move doesn't happen, there is definitely "something going on".

This may be the Falcons just frustrated at a bad start (Julio's health a part of that) or it could be anything.

TZM

How much does it cost in trade to hold a 2nd half lead?

Ohhhh!!!!

• Laughing 1

Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) participated in a walk through at Thursday's practice. 

Jones missed last week's game against the Bears, and has dealt with the hamstring injury since the start of the season. Doing some running and a walk through is an encouraging sign for Week 4 though. The Falcons don't play until Monday night, putting fantasy players in a tough spot if Jones is declared out on Monday. Atlanta's late-week practice reports will be the closest watched in all of football. 

SOURCE: William McFadden on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 1:12 PM ET

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Julio Jones (hamstring) should play in Week 4 against the Packers.

Coach Dan Quinn said Jones is “trending in the right direction” after he was limited at Thursday's walkthrough. The Falcons held Jones out last week to get his hamstring fully healthy. Barring a setback, Jones should play and see close to an 80% snap share for a likely shootout with the Packers on Monday night.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Oct 2, 2020, 9:20 AM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) is questionable for Week 4 against the Packers.

Russell Gage (head) was cleared, but Calvin Ridley (ankle) is also questionable for Monday night. With both Jones and Ridley getting in limited practices to close the week, fantasy players should expect all three of Atlanta’s starting wideouts to play in a plus matchup against Green Bay. Pivots for any surprising inactives Monday night include Brandon Powell, Olamide Zaccheaus, and even Robert Tonyan if Davante Adams (questionable) is ruled out.

SOURCE: Will McFadden on Twitter

Oct 3, 2020, 3:34 PM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) didn't come out of the locker room for the second half of the Falcons' Week 4 game against the Packers.

Jones was given the all clear to play after missing last week against the Bears, but his hammy clearly isn't even close to 100% after battling it over the summer and aggravating it in Week 2 against the Cowboys. Prior to leaving, Jones caught all four of his targets for 32 yards against Green Bay. The Falcons would be best off giving Jones multiple games off to get back to full health.

Oct 5, 2020, 11:26 PM ET

On 10/2/2020 at 7:01 PM, IHEARTFF said:

He'll play. Don't sweat it.

Not the kind of playing I wanted or needed.

8 hours ago, Faust said:

Answering the question if we can trust Julio in fantasy long term? 

I don't think so. A lot of factors - changing of the guard to Ridley, guys like Gage stepping up to take targets away, even guys like Zacchareaus being on the field a ton, and Hurst isn't going away either.

I think the target share and a likely season-long nagging injury is going to make Jones benchable far more than a trustworthy start, let alone a guy you want as a WR1.

Tell me how I'm wrong.

13 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I don't think so. A lot of factors - changing of the guard to Ridley, guys like Gage stepping up to take targets away, even guys like Zacchareaus being on the field a ton, and Hurst isn't going away either.

I think the target share and a likely season-long nagging injury is going to make Jones benchable far more than a trustworthy start, let alone a guy you want as a WR1.

Tell me how I'm wrong.

You aren’t wrong.  They just need to keep him out until he’s healthy at this point.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Tell me how I'm wrong.

Not. Coaching staff should have IRd him after week 2. I think ATL was desperate to not start 0-4.  Now they are and with a hurt player. Shut him down for at least two weeks. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

One of my favorite players, but I am preparing for life without Julio in 2020.

His body language looked to be full of dread last night. Hate to see it. Hate to say it.

He needs to rest a couple of weeks and get traded to the Pats.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

Julio plays last night, picks up 5 points in .5 PPR league, exits early... I win by 0.5 points.

Thank you Julio. 2-2 is looking a heck of a lot better than 1-3 right now.

Hah, same here, same record and reaction... Julio got me 5, won by 3.

• Love 1