Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Julio Jones

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said it’s “too early to tell” if Julio Jones (hamstring) will play this week.

Jones lasted just 15 snaps before his latest setback. He’s in a race to get cleared for Week 5 with the Falcons coming off a Monday night game. Jones looks headed for another questionable tag.

SOURCE: ESPN

Oct 7, 2020, 12:31 PM ET

28 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Sitting him this week, I can't take another 3-5 point performance.

Likely will start Jeudy though that matchup against NE and the way they spread the ball around is dicey.

Me too, but starting Tim Patrick.  🤢

9 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

thought my WR trio of Tyreek, Julio and AJ Green was going to be a strength this year.  

Benching Julio for Laviska Shenault and Green for Keelan Cole.  :kicksrock:

Everything always makes sense in August when there are no injuries and everyone is gonna have a career year...next thing you know it's October and you're playing two Jag WRs not named Chark...every year has its crazy twists and turns but this year has a chance to be a career year in that category.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Sitting him this week, I can't take another 3-5 point performance.

Likely will start Jeudy though that matchup against NE and the way they spread the ball around is dicey.

Same. He's not sniffing my line-up. Going Fuller, Watkins, and Diontae.

20 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

thought my WR trio of Tyreek, Julio and AJ Green was going to be a strength this year.  

My 3 WRs this year were going to be Thomas, Julio, and Godwin - with Sutton in the Flex.

Full PPR.

I'm choosing between the likes of Beasley, Kirk, S.Miller, Tim Patrick, Renfrow, E.Sanders, Slayton...

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

My 3 WRs this year were going to be Thomas, Julio, and Godwin - with Sutton in the Flex.

Full PPR.

I'm choosing between the likes of Beasley, Kirk, S.Miller, Tim Patrick, Renfrow, E.Sanders, Slayton...

Damn.....ur we corps is the Detroit of FF

3 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

Yep me too. Julio, AJ Brown and Chark.  Felt really good about that group.  Has been an injury disaster instead.  

3 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

Same boat(Titanic) Went from Julio, Adams,Kupp to Kupp,R Anderson, Beasley or Higgins if Beasley doesn't play. Still not using Julio this week

(RotoWire) Coach Dan Quinn noted that Jones (hamstring) is "making progress" but will likely only do some on-the-side individual work during Thursday's practice, Jason Butt of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Analysis: What Jones is able to Friday, and how he feels in the process, will thus be pivotal in the team's assessment of the wideout's potential availability for Sunday's 1:00 ET contest against the Panthers. If he's out or limited this weekend, added opportunities alongside Calvin Ridley will be on tap for Olamide Zaccheaus, Russell Gage and Christian Blake.

"Making progress"... could play 20 snaps at half speed this week. 😩

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Dizzy said:

"Making progress"... could play 20 snaps at half speed this week. 😩

Or could be a GTD and blow up.

Honestly, if that happened, I'll be fine with the points on the bench even though I desperately need the win.

I'd rather forego the points than run the risk of another lackluster showing -- or him playing a series than sitting. If he blows up, at least I will know that he will be good to go going forward.

Moving Jefferson into his slot, now have to decide between Jeudy and Josh Kelley in the flex. Any opinions?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Honestly, if that happened, I'll be fine with the points on the bench even though I desperately need the win.

I'd rather forego the points than run the risk of another lackluster showing -- or him playing a series than sitting. If he blows up, at least I will know that he will be good to go going forward.

Moving Jefferson into his slot, now have to decide between Jeudy and Josh Kelley in the flex. Any opinions?

Assuming that's Justin Jefferson yes... and exactly what I am doing.

Julio looked really bad on Monday night.. totally dejected limping around on the field and sitting on the bench. I can't imagine he goes from that to, ruled out over halftime, to blowing up for 150 and 3 TDs on a short week. Does not compute. He will sit for me as well barring a miracle between now and then.

41 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I'm totally on board with that mindset.

12 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Assuming that's Justin Jefferson yes... and exactly what I am doing.

Julio looked really bad on Monday night.. totally dejected limping around on the field and sitting on the bench. I can't imagine he goes from that to, ruled out over halftime, to blowing up for 150 and 3 TDs on a short week. Does not compute. He will sit for me as well barring a miracle between now and then.

It ain't George or Weezy, I'll tell you that.

I could potentially see him going from going from limpy dejected Quintorris to en fuego Julio Jukin' Jones in a short week for sure. Guy is over 30 but still super talented.

Not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

But I'm not taking that chance.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

It ain't George or Weezy, I'll tell you that.

I could potentially see him going from going from limpy dejected Quintorris to en fuego Julio Jukin' Jones in a short week for sure. Guy is over 30 but still super talented.

Not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

But I'm not taking that chance.

"YO, WEEZIE!" 😆

I'm sitting RoJo tonight assuming that Kareem Hunt will be a full-go by Sunday... but if this "groin thing" turns out to be more than precautionary, I would have to let Julio fly if there are positive practice reports and let him swing for the fences.

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

"YO, WEEZIE!" 😆

I'm sitting RoJo tonight assuming that Kareem Hunt will be a full-go by Sunday... but if this "groin thing" turns out to be more than precautionary, I would have to let Julio fly if there are positive practice reports and let him swing for the fences.

Forgive the divergence from Julio:

Have RoJo myself and trotting him out there. He'll have volume, and may get some pass catching (if he can actually get a handle on the ball) -- Godwin and Howard are out, Evans is questionable (he'll play but is banged up) and I don't think Gronk has it any more so someone will have to be the target out there.

Maybe that target ends up Vaughn, given how he looked last weekend (pretty sound), I don't know. But opportunity for Rojo is there -- Chicago has Fuller, Johnson, and Jackson in the secondary and they've played really stout against the pass, so with the WR cupboard a little bare (which is why I'm sitting Brady for Tannehill), TB may have to lean on the run more. 

Hunt will have that volume too, but the Colts have a much better run D than the Bears this year; I think RoJo has a shot to outproduce Hunt. Just my biased  :2cents: 

• Like 1

Julio Jones (hamstring) is questionable for Week 5 against the Panthers.

Jones didn't participate at all throughout the week and isn't expected to play. Coach Dan Quinn is still insistent that Julio's status is a "game-time decision." Fantasy players should pivot to Olamide Zaccheaus wherever applicable after the second-year wideout saw a team-high nine targets on 76% of Atlanta's snaps off the bench on Monday night.

SOURCE: Vaughn McClure on Twitter

Oct 9, 2020, 3:08 PM ET

5 hours ago, Broncobiv said:

Really wish they would just rule him "Out" so I can slide him into my IR spot and pick up my bye-week QB without dropping someone...

Me too. I was hoping that they would declare him out so I could pick up Bridgewater to cover in case Tannehill doesn't play.

But I went ahead and pulled the trigger as every article I see has Bridgewater as an upside play this weekend (which in itself makes me nervous about a jinx) and the Josh Allen owner in my league has no backup QB. And I play him this weekend.

I don't think they are going to rule Julio out, and if they do it will be a GTD.

I don't know anything more than you do, or anything about your league, and yours might be a totally different situation in terms of who you feel comfortable dropping (or not). But looking ahead to the coming weeks, if your opponents have QB byes as well and there is a QB on the wire right now that looks solid for the weeks ahead and covers your bye, sometimes acting early is a good thing.

Back to Julio, regardless of when they do it, I hope they just sit him this week. ATL's bye isn't until WK 10. At 0-4, they need him healthy ASAP. 

16 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

Conceptual post. Is he done as an elite WR?

Not sure. 
He caught 9 for 157 in week 1.

Then presumably got hurt in week 2 in game. Even having a long TD clank off his hands.

If he’s healthy I’m not sure he’s done as elite. IF he’s healthy. Both him and Ridley can thrive in this offense.

10 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Not sure. 

Then presumably got hurt in week 2 in game. Even having a long TD clank off his hands.

If he’s healthy I’m not sure he’s done as elite. IF he’s healthy. Both him and Ridley can thrive in this offense.

I'd agree with this. Julio looked like typical Julio in week 1.

39 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

I moved him this off-season because I thought this was the year the wheels fell off. It's about that age, and it happens fast. Yeah, he still looks elite when not injured, but how far past the breaking point is he putting his body daily?

Just something to think about.

1 hour ago, JetMaxx said:

Conceptually? Hasn't been healthy enough to really be able to tell if the wheels have fallen off.

Practically in terms of relying on him as a no-brainer WR1? 100%.

And that's where the two meet. Until he heals up and has a solid string of "Julio" level games, he absolutely can't be depended upon as a WR, let alone a fantasy one.

4 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

Not sure. 

On the pass from Gage, he also smoked the corner covering him...

he's injured. Period. He needs to rest and get healthy. He's still dominant otherwise.

12 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Any chance Julio gets traded as the Falcons seem like they might rebuild?

Read a rumor of Julio to GB, but I think it was just a blogger trying to start something. 

No chance GB does this.  They have Bahktiari and Aaron Jones dues for monster contracts this offseason.  They don't have the cap space for Julio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

Any chance Julio gets traded as the Falcons seem like they might rebuild?

Read a rumor of Julio to GB, but I think it was just a blogger trying to start something. 

Read the story but seems speculative. Like throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks.

Moving on from Ryan and Julio seems unlikely but you never know.

Julio Jones (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday. 

Julio missed Week 3 with the same injury, returned in Week 4 to play just 15 snaps, then remained sidelined for the entirety of Week 5. It is obviously unlikely that Jones plays in Week 6 if he fails to get in at least one limited session before Sunday's game against the Vikings. In his absence, Olamide Zaccheaus was on the field for 97 percent of the team's snaps in Week 5.

Oct 14, 2020, 9:23 PM ET

I mean, I liked that Julio sat last week to heal.

But expected him to start turning a corner.

At this point, have zero faith that he will be active in this next and potentially additional games thereafter.

This is looking like a huge waste of a very high round pick.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I mean, I liked that Julio sat last week to heal.

But expected him to start turning a corner.

At this point, have zero faith that he will be active in this next and potentially additional games thereafter.

Hamstrings are touch and go.

9 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Unfortunately there is a lot of that going around this year.  CMC, Saquon, MT, Adams, Julio, Chubb, Godwin, Eckler....  it’s a virtual minefield.  

• Like 1

This is why as painful as it may feel that week you almost always want your star player sitting when they have a soft tissue injury. I've been rooting against Julio playing since week 3.

How Green Bay handled Adams is 100% exactly the correct way. Sit him, get him 100% even he pushes back.

How Atlanta handled Julio was coaching malpractice, whether that was due to just not being able to control Julio and tell him to sit, allowing it or worse encouraging him to play because you knew the clock was ticking on your job. Instead they put him out there in week 3 when he was clearly a shell of himself then he had a setback. Playing a player who an injury reduces his effectiveness and risking him to further injury when a week or two would have made everything all right is beyond stupid.

• Like 1

Julio Jones (hamstring) would not have practiced had the Falcons suited up on Thursday. 

The Falcons didn't actually practice, so this is just their estimation. Regardless of whether or not the practice happened, it's a bad sign ahead of Sunday's date with the Vikings. Fantasy managers once again need to be making other plans for their would-be WR1. 

Oct 15, 2020, 4:12 PM ET

1 hour ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Just declare him out (again) so I can move him to an IR slot and pick up a bye week cover for free (again).

And rinse and repeat next week (and like was said previously, again and again).

Should have just put him on the PUP list to begin with. Go play Madden for a few weeks, be Gordon's designated driver for a couple of dinners, come back in a few and meet the new coaching staff, then get ready to play some serious JJ football and get Matty Ice out of hot water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Just declare him out so I can move him to an IR slot and pick up a bye week cover for free.

WWCD

Last week I started Scotty Miller on TNF & was at a church watch party Sunday, forgot to check my lineup until 1:15pm. Two zeroes.

First time in 25 years of the hobby I squeaked out a W with two donuts. I did NOT draft Edmonds, Slayton and Emmanuel to carry me, but that’s 2020.

League has 18 roster spots & 2 IR. My first three draft picks were Thomas/Julio/Godwin, so I’ve effectively had a 20 player roster five weeks running.

Edited by BobbyLayne