Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Julio Jones

12 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

What did you get for him? Best offers I've had are Hilton,Ingram and AJ Green:X

Yeah no.

Looking forward to the second half. Been surviving with junk ballers while my “studs“ (Julio/Thomas/Godwin) have been sidelined.

Ride or die. Doesn’t work out, nbd. But I’m not holding a fire sale that offers less hope than just waiting until they get healthy & productive again.

22 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Yeah no.

Looking forward to the second half. Been surviving with junk ballers while my “studs“ (Julio/Thomas/Godwin) have been sidelined.

Ride or die. Doesn’t work out, nbd. But I’m not holding a fire sale that offers less hope than just waiting until they get healthy & productive again.

Same here,I have Julio and Adams. Been surving with Kupp,R Anderson, Higgins and random dude of the week .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Yeah no.

I traded for Julio, but have enough WR depth to be able to be patient.

8 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Same here,I have Julio and Adams. Been surving with Kupp,R Anderson, Higgins and random dude of the week .

Julio and Adams for me as well. Somehow I'm 3-2, and swung a deal to get Kamara on my team. Looking forward to a healthy second half of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tricky92 said:

What did you trade to get him?

Big Ben to the team with Cam and Aaron Rodgers.

6 PT Passing TDs and yardage bonuses starting at 300.

It’s dirt cheap considering Ben was bench fodder at the time. Although my starter is Matt Ryan who scores 9 points a week when opponents QBs are scoring 30-40, so it’s not like I’ve won this trade yet.

Did not expect this at all.  What isn't reported is that he was limited today.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/injury-report/

I'm less confident about that even though there is no official injury designation.  If he logged a full practice I'd been more confident to start him.  Think I will keep Devonta Freeman in my flex and see how he is this week.  IMO he should be listed as questionable.

Edited by steelwind

I am shocked and actually disappointed. I just traded him away yesterday thinking he was possibly cooked or would at least be out for a couple more weeks. I suppose he could still be off and on but terrible timing by me. 

Another dude who’s hard to trust right now. Outplayed by Ridley, and has shown a willingness to go out as a decoy to help his team win. 

As a Ridley owner I’m happy he’s gonna give it a go. If I were a Julio owner I might consider other options until Julio actually plays a game & produces. 

Just now, Ilov80s said:

I am shocked and actually disappointed. I just traded him away yesterday thinking he was possibly cooked or would at least be out for a couple more weeks. I suppose he could still be off and on but terrible timing by me. 

Not necessarily. What did you get for him?

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

If you had the depth at RB to deal from put me on the Ridley side. Moss should slide back into a RBBC w/GL work & Ridley > Julio at this point. 

Yeah I was the deepest team at RB so I was looking to profit from that depth but I just wonder if Gibson + healthy Julio couldn’t have gotten me a little more.

5 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Well heck I am confused.  Who is starting him?

I'm not rolling those dice. Looked hobbled last week, limited on Friday.

Have Moore, Jefferson, Cooks, and Jeudy so there are options (maybe not fantastic but decent given match ups) and if Julio plays and blows up on the bench, I'll at least be confident he can do so going forward.

Right now I have 0 confidence he can be anything but a decoy. Show me, I'll play ya.

• Like 2

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Starting him with confidence.

Then again my alternative is Cole Beasley so take it FWIW.

Rolling out Godwin (fingers crossed, practiced in full, no designation), Slayton (questionable/limited), and Claypool in the Flex.

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyLayne said:

Rolling out Godwin (fingers crossed, practiced in full, no designation), Slayton (questionable/limited), and Claypool in the Flex.

May the good lord have mercy on your soul. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Same. It's hard to imagine they'd wait this long and roll him out as a decoy. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Same. It's hard to imagine they'd wait this long and roll him out as a decoy. 

11 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I'm not rolling those dice. Looked hobbled last week, limited on Friday.

Have Moore, Jefferson, Cooks, and Jeudy so there are options (maybe not fantastic but decent given match ups) and if Julio plays and blows up on the bench, I'll at least be confident he can do so going forward.

Right now I have 0 confidence he can be anything but a decoy. Show me, I'll play ya.

Hoping for a blow up (on my bench) and a subsequent trade to the Pats.

4 minutes ago, DropKick said:

Julio #2 WR overall in 2019 in my scoring system

yep. In my scoring system he played 15 games and saw his targets & receptions both drop ~10-13% respectively.

he also struggled through soft tissue injuries last year.

A struggling Julio is still better than most of the league, but we’ve seen “decoy” Julio a few times too - and decoy Julio sucks for Julio owners. 

Not gonna stick a fork in him yet but he’s probably more a WR2 than a WR1 these days. When healthy. 

14 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

He played enough last week to post 5 fantasy points in a game where I won by 0.5 and my other option was 0 or 4. Julio will always be a hero in my book.

Way to set the bar high. I’m sure everyone who drafted him top 12 were hoping for 5 point weeks. :unsure:

glad you won though. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

yep. In my scoring system he played 15 games and saw his targets & receptions both drop ~10-13% respectively.

he also struggled through soft tissue injuries last year.

A struggling Julio is still better than most of the league, but we’ve seen “decoy” Julio a few times too - and decoy Julio sucks for Julio owners. 

Not gonna stick a fork in him yet but he’s probably more a WR2 than a WR1 these days. When healthy. 

He can be boom or bust..

23 catches for 300 yards and 2 TDs last year over the final two weeks of our play-offs. 

I can understand a soft market for Julio.  However, I'll hold given that ability to dominate a couple weeks of play-offs.

2 minutes ago, DropKick said:

He can be boom or bust..

23 catches for 300 yards and 2 TDs last year over the final two weeks of our play-offs. 

I can understand a soft market for Julio.  However, I'll hold given that ability to dominate a couple weeks of play-offs.

Not sayin to drop the dude. If I had him in dynasty and someone came knocking I’d  probably answer the door. 

10 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

What did you get for him? Best offers I've had are Hilton,Ingram and AJ Green:X

Until he balls out one Sunday, nobody's going to be in a hurry to take on the same headache we're hoping to avoid. He's been really, really good for a long time, but I think the perpetual nagging injuries are well documented and a lot of people think the handwriting is on wall. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not sayin to drop the dude. If I had him in dynasty and someone came knocking I’d  probably answer the door. 

Of course, but if the Avon Lady is at the door instead of a women's beach volleyball team in yoga pants... I'll hold for the aforementioned upside.

Edited by DropKick
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh yeah. All the schedule changes had me confused. So hard to keep track these days. 

Point holds - he wasn’t kept out all these weeks to get healthy. He was kept out, then came back & tried to play & tweaked it. 

It's been two weeks since then though. I'm as surprised as everyone else that he is playing. But if he is even close to healthy put me in the camp that says he balls out like he usually does.