What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (3 Viewers)

Guys he did not play last week. He was inactive. He re-tweaked the hammy the week before on MNF against GB. 
Yet he is STILL limited in practice today, and didn't practice at all earlier in the week.

Yes, he's a vet, but that's still not a good sign.

Even if he plays, really gun shy as he's shown zero indication he's getting healthier even though he hasn't played in 2 weeks.

It's been two weeks since then though. I'm as surprised as everyone else that he is playing. But if he is even close to healthy put me in the camp that says he balls out like he usually does. 
But we don’t know. They had a closed facility. They said he wouldn’t have practiced on Thursday. 

again, as. Ridley guy I hope he goes - Ridley is way more effective with JJ in the lineup. 

But we don’t know. They had a closed facility. They said he wouldn’t have practiced on Thursday. 

again, as. Ridley guy I hope he goes - Ridley is way more effective with JJ in the lineup. 
From what i can see he’s played 2 games without him and gone 8/91 and 8/136...

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i can see he’s played 2 games without him and gone 8/91 and 8/136...
And the game he had a 0 was the game Julio left injured.

Also worth noting he only started to put up numbers in week 5 after the DB covering him left the game.Those were mostly garbage time.

I’ve said it 1k times, but here’s #1001: the game is played on the field, not on a game log stat section. What Ridley did week 5 was great for FF managers. What I saw on the field was a dude who didn’t produce well against top or double coverage. 

It’s what I’ve seen from Ridley all year. I believe it’s accurate to say he’s better with Julio drawing additional coverage.

I’m not complaining about getting 8/136

but that doesn’t tell the whole story. 

And the game he had a 0 was the game Julio left injured.

Also worth noting he only started to put up numbers in week 5 after the DB covering him left the game.Those were mostly garbage time.

I’ve said it 1k times, but here’s #1001: the game is played on the field, not on a game log stat section. What Ridley did week 5 was great for FF managers. What I saw on the field was a dude who didn’t produce well against top or double coverage. 

It’s what I’ve seen from Ridley all year. I believe it’s accurate to say he’s better with Julio drawing additional coverage.

I’m not complaining about getting 8/136

but that doesn’t tell the whole story. 
Just stop. No he didn’t compile in garbage time. He had 1 catch during garbage time. And sure he had 0 in the second half against GB after Julio left...but also 0 the first half with Julio playing. So don’t lecture me or anyone else about the details beyond the game log when you’ve been a walking géiser of misinformation your past few posts if I’m being generous. Bottom line, he’s played 2 games in his career without Julio starting. It’s a meaningless sample size.

Just stop. No he didn’t compile in garbage time. He had 1 catch during garbage time. And sure he had 0 in the second half against GB after Julio left...but also 0 the first half with Julio playing.
guess we define garbage time differently. 

Julio didn’t “play” the 1st half. Clearly you didn’t watch that game. 

So don’t lecture me or anyone else about the details beyond the game log when you’ve been a walking géiser of misinformation your past few posts if I’m being generous.
I’m not lecturing anyone, nor did I say anything that's “disinformation”. :rolleyes:

Ridley performs better when Julio is out there. it’s a fact. 

Bottom line, he’s played 2 games in his career without Julio starting. It’s a meaningless sample size.
3, since Julio didn’t actually “play” 2 weeks ago; he was a decoy. But I’m sure you’re right....oh, wait. Look at what experts are saying on Rotoworld right now.

And it’s super weird how he scored TDs every game JJ played but didn’t score when JJ wasn’t playing, huh? 

maybe you should write to their editor and accuse them of spreading “disinformation” too. 
:rolleyes:  

Ridley faces softer coverage when Jones is on the field. Ridley looked healthier here than he did in Week 4, too. He'll be a WR1 against the burnable Vikings next week

guess we define garbage time differently. 

Julio didn’t “play” the 1st half. Clearly you didn’t watch that game. 

I’m not lecturing anyone, nor did I say anything that's “disinformation”. :rolleyes:

3, since Julio didn’t actually “play” 2 weeks ago; he was a decoy. But I’m sure you’re right....oh, wait. Look at what experts are saying on Rotoworld right now.

And it’s super weird how he scored TDs every game JJ played but didn’t score when JJ wasn’t playing, huh? 

maybe you should write to their editor and accuse them of spreading “disinformation” too. 
:rolleyes:  
No this is not a difference of opinion on garbage time. It’s you being wrong. Atlanta got intercepted in the end zone down by 7 on their second to last possession. Carolina then burned off most of the clock and kicked a fg to go up 10. At that point it became garbage time. This isn’t disputable. And while we’re on the topic of your BS you also said Ridley didn’t put up numbers until after Carolina’s top CB was out during garbage time. I assume you mean Donte Jackson here, who left injured at 1:14 pm Est according to the tweets from the Panthers guys.  And the Panthers had the ball first! This would appear to be early on in the Falcons first offensive series that he left.

Ridley has not proven he performs better when Julio is out there. It is not a fact. Once again it’s been 2 games. Not enough to prove anything. And once again he put up 8/91 and 8/136 in this 2 games. Super weird he didn’t score any tds with Julio not playing? IT’S BEEN 2 GAMES. My God.

“Decoy” Julio led the Falcons in targets and yards in the first half against the Packers before not returning after the break. Just stop with the nonsense. People come here to get information.

Rotoworld is notorious for dumb takes from their writers. No surprise you’d use it in your defense. I have no doubts he sees tougher coverage without Julio. That’s very logical. But he also becomes the Falcon’s clear top target and the focus of their passing game. It’s an age old argument- is it better to be the only game in town or to have someone else to draw some coverage? With Ridley we have no idea yet.

That statement isn't a fact unless paired with statistics or evidence.   For example, if you wrote "Ridley averages 1.3 pts per route run when Julio is on the field, but only 0.5 pts per route run when Julio isn't on the field" that would be a fact.   The statement above is an opinion unless supported by something substantive.

BTW - I don't necessarily disagree with the statement.  It seems logical.  But I haven't seen actual facts to support the statement, thus I wouldn't bet my life (or a large sum of money) on whether or not it is true. 

That statement isn't a fact unless paired with statistics or evidence.   For example, if you wrote "Ridley averages 1.3 pts per route run when Julio is on the field, but only 0.5 pts per route run when Julio isn't on the field" that would be a fact.   The statement above is an opinion unless supported by something substantive.

BTW - I don't necessarily disagree with the statement.  It seems logical.  But I haven't seen actual facts to support the statement, thus I wouldn't bet my life (or a large sum of money) on whether or not it is true. 
Ok, I was being hyperbolic in response to being told I “spread disinformation” l, I admit. 

that was a preposterous assertion & I responded in-kind. Thought it was obvious but perhaps I was hiring too subtle and should have used the :sarcasm: emoji. 

No this is not a difference of opinion on garbage time. It’s you being wrong. Atlanta got intercepted in the end zone down by 7 on their second to last possession. Carolina then burned off most of the clock and kicked a fg to go up 10. At that point it became garbage time. This isn’t disputable. And while we’re on the topic of your BS you also said Ridley didn’t put up numbers until after Carolina’s top CB was out during garbage time. I assume you mean Donte Jackson here, who left injured at 1:14 pm Est according to the tweets from the Panthers guys.  And the Panthers had the ball first! This would appear to be early on in the Falcons first offensive series that he left.

Ridley has not proven he performs better when Julio is out there. It is not a fact. Once again it’s been 2 games. Not enough to prove anything. And once again he put up 8/91 and 8/136 in this 2 games. Super weird he didn’t score any tds with Julio not playing? IT’S BEEN 2 GAMES. My God.

“Decoy” Julio led the Falcons in targets and yards in the first half against the Packers before not returning after the break. Just stop with the nonsense. People come here to get information.

Rotoworld is notorious for dumb takes from their writers. No surprise you’d use it in your defense. I have no doubts he sees tougher coverage without Julio. That’s very logical. But he also becomes the Falcon’s clear top target and the focus of their passing game. It’s an age old argument- is it better to be the only game in town or to have someone else to draw some coverage? With Ridley we have no idea yet.

I found the Rotoworld update by googling “Ridley better with Julio”.

that happened to be the 1st thing that popped up. 

You really should watch the games. It’s apparent you don’t. 

I found the Rotoworld update by googling “Ridley better with Julio”.

that happened to be the 1st thing that popped up. 

You really should watch the games. It’s apparent you don’t. 
Lol saying that you cited the first thing that pops up when you google isn’t exactly a great defense for your argument. I was in Charlotte last weekend. I watched the game. I watched the entirety of the game Monday night too. You said that Julio left the game last week after 1 or 2 plays. It wasn’t last week and it was at halftime not after 1 or 2 plays. You said that Ridley didn’t do much until after the Panthers top corner left during garbage time. Their top corner left in the first quarter and Ridley had 1 catch during garbage time. You said that Julio was a decoy against GB when in fact he led the team in yards and targets prior to leaving. Dispute these facts, or admit you were wrong, or walk away with your tail between your legs. It’s your choice.

Lol saying that you cited the first thing that pops up when you google isn’t exactly a great defense for your argument. I was in Charlotte last weekend. I watched the game. I watched the entirety of the game Monday night too. You said that Julio left the game last week after 1 or 2 plays. It wasn’t last week and it was at halftime not after 1 or 2 plays. You said that Ridley didn’t do much until after the Panthers top corner left during garbage time. Their top corner left in the first quarter and Ridley had 1 catch during garbage time. You said that Julio was a decoy against GB when in fact he led the team in yards and targets prior to leaving. Dispute these facts, or admit you were wrong, or walk away with your tail between your legs. It’s your choice.
I stated an opinion. It’s a discussion forum. It is my opinion from watching the games that Ridley hadn’t been as good without Julio. 

I don’t believe you saw a single play. 

You keep on doing you though dude. :rolleyes:

I stated an opinion. It’s a discussion forum. It is my opinion from watching the games that Ridley hadn’t been as good without Julio. 

You keep on doing you though dude. :rolleyes:
You supported it with incorrect statements about things that actually occurred. Which I corrected. I guess we’ll each keep on doing us.

You supported it with incorrect statements about things that actually occurred. Which I corrected. I guess we’ll each keep on doing us.
You called  my opinion “disinformation”. I then found a fantasy football site that said exactly what I’d observed. 

I look forward to your scathing letter to Rotoworld about spreading disinformation - please do post it here when you email them. It should be riveting. 

You called  my opinion “disinformation”. I then found a fantasy football site that said exactly what I’d observed. 

I look forward to your scathing letter to Rotoworld about spreading disinformation - please do post it here when you email them. It should be riveting. 
Don’t try to hide behind rotoworld. I called you saying Julio was a decoy week 4 misinformation. I called you saying Julio left week 5 after 1 or 2 plays misinformation. I called you saying Ridley didn’t do much until after Carolina’s top corner left and that it was mostly during garbage time misinformation. And I’m correct about all these things. Your opinion that Ridley may be better with Julio on the field is an opinion that hasn’t been supported by anything yet. But it’s an opinion of yours and that’s fine. I disputed the blatant facts you got wrong and provided stats about how Ridley has done so far minus Julio.

I’m certainly not comfortable starting Julio this week but also can not imagine leaving him on my bench for a Mecole Hardman or Travis Fulgham (the guys I have to replace him) level talent if he’s active.   So 🤞 he’s not just a decoy.  

I’m concerned about Julio for a couple of reasons. First is obviously his health. Secondly, ATL seems like it’s a total mess. Matt Ryan just doesn’t look right. Not sure if I trust anyone in this dysfunctional situation.

No. That was a few weeks back, hence why I said he’s likely not playing a decoy role if he’s active.
Which sounds exactly like what someone who’s playing a decoy role would say.  :ph34r:

lol

again, I hope JJ plays - I am *of the opinion* that Ridley is better for his presence. Good luck Julio owners. 

Which sounds exactly like what someone who’s playing a decoy role would say.  :ph34r:

lol

again, I hope JJ plays - I am *of the opinion* that Ridley is better for his presence. Good luck Julio owners. 
In game against Packers he left at halftime, but he clearly looked uncomfortable the entire first half. What I took away as more concerning is after the game, the coaches said Julio was only going to be used on set plays, third downs and redzone (ie a situational pitch count). The fact that the coaches gameplanned that is what I took away as most disturbing. Who knows if that might be what happens again. 

I'm sitting him for Claypool. Rather take a risk on that versus a pitch count or early exit. 

In game against Packers he left at halftime, but he clearly looked uncomfortable the entire first half. What I took away as more concerning is after the game, the coaches said Julio was only going to be used on set plays, third downs and redzone (ie a situational pitch count). The fact that the coaches gameplanned that is what I took away as most disturbing. Who knows if that might be what happens again. 

I'm sitting him for Claypool. Rather take a risk on that versus a pitch count or early exit. 
Totally agree.  Btw - just a terrible medical decision.  They clearly should have sat him.  

Considering starting him over McLaurin in one league. I have Terry starting in a gazillion other spots but I might hedge this one with Julio. 

Totally agree.  Btw - just a terrible medical decision.  They clearly should have sat him.  
They very clearly knew their jobs were on the line and were desperate. I understand that, don’t agree but understand.  That’s what makes this week all the more vexing to me.  The pulling of any kind of injury designation days before the game just doesn’t really make sense. The interim coach isn’t in a desperate situation so I can’t logic that he’s making a desperate decision.  So strange.  

They very clearly know their jobs were on the line and were desperate. I understand that, don’t agree but understand.  That’s what makes this week all the more vexing to me.  The pulling of any kind of injury designation days before the game just doesn’t really make sense. The interim coach isn’t in a desperate situation so I can’t logic that he’s making a desperate decision.  So strange.  
Maybe he’s fine.  Probably not... but maybe.

This is the second year in a row I've had Julio in my main league. He really has been hit or miss too many times while I've had him. I'm considering running with him this week even though my gut says to see how he does before putting him back in my lineup. My other options are decent (D. Parker, C Lamb, or J. Jefferson) but I feel like his upside is better than them. But I also know his floor is potentially lower because we just don't know. Screw it. Riding the Jones train this weekend.  :thumbup:

This is the second year in a row I've had Julio in my main league. He really has been hit or miss too many times while I've had him. I'm considering running with him this week even though my gut says to see how he does before putting him back in my lineup. My other options are decent (D. Parker, C Lamb, or J. Jefferson) but I feel like his upside is better than them. But I also know his floor is potentially lower because we just don't know. Screw it. Riding the Jones train this weekend.  :thumbup:
Parker, Jets...... Tough to bench

Alex P Keaton said:
Completely agree with this. 

The challenge is that gamers wanna play. Many have played through stuff in the past. The team should have rested him, but if he’s telling trainers & the coach he’s ok, at what point do they say, “we don’t believe you.”

Then he goes out, looks rough & the. tweaks it again - it kinda is what it is. 

But I agree the Falcons should have sat him regardless. 

Completely agree with this. 

The challenge is that gamers wanna play. Many have played through stuff in the past. The team should have rested him, but if he’s telling trainers & the coach he’s ok, at what point do they say, “we don’t believe you.”

Then he goes out, looks rough & the. tweaks it again - it kinda is what it is. 

But I agree the Falcons should have sat him regardless. 
Quinn was in an impossible situation. He knows his job is on the line. If he sits Julio and they lose with Julio wanting to play and saying he could have, he gets fired. He plays Julio and he  hurts the hammy more and they lose, he gets fired. The only thing saving his job at that point he’s winning that week, and putting Julio out there was his only option if Julio was wanting to play.  Rock meet hard place.  

Ugh! I just can't do it. I can't get those images out of my head of him struggling... hobbling for the past couple weeks.

It feels like a swing for the fences situation with Julio this week. I seriously doubt we will see a solid 14-16 pt game from him... could be one of those 25-30 pt games (or more), but seems like the possibility of a 2-4 pt game is much more likely.

I'm out until I seem him walk off a field (as opposed to limping off).

Got Crowder in there.

Users who are viewing this thread