What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (3 Viewers)

Julio Jones caught 8-of-10 targets for 137 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons' Week 6 win over the Vikings.

It's safe to say Jones was truly healthy for this one. He was as explosive as always, showing off big-play potential on his two touchdowns. His first was a 20-yard strike and his second was a 40-yard run-and-catch on a broken 4th-down play. Jones' reinjury risk is the only thing separating him from the other elite fantasy receivers. With Atlanta expected to play little defense and find themselves in shootouts, Jones has a top-three ceiling for the rest of the season. Hopefully his hamstring injury is behind him. The Detroit Lions are Jones' next victim.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:04 PM ET

As others have said. I am completely fine with him being on my bench for this today. His replacement for me is Jefferson who is 1 td behind at this point. It would have hurt more for Jones to fail and Jefferson's points to be on the bench.
I mean, super happy and comfortable with Julio showing he's back to form.

And yes, I'm ok with leaving points on my bench for that assurance and avoiding the risk should he have not been back to form.

But no one loves leaving THAT many points on the bench.

I have Jefferson too, and glad I played him. I would have loved if I subbed in Julio for Jeudy, though. Would have really helped me this weekend.

Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) was limited at practice Thursday. 

After catching eight passes for 137 yards and two touchdowns against the Vikings last week, Jones missed Wednesday's practice in what may have been a veteran maintenance day. He's a WR1 option this week in what should be a high scoring game against a vulnerable Detroit defense. 

SOURCE: Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter 

Oct 22, 2020, 3:57 PM ET

Julio makes no sense.  Two weeks ago he could barely walk off the field, last week by some miracle he looks like Julio of old and no sign at all of an issue, this week back to limping around and needing to get stretched out every eight seconds. WTF man WTF

Julio Jones was limited in Tuesday's practice with a hip issue. 

Jones was also limited on Monday. It's a new issue. We haven't heard anything about it being serious, but it is best not to assume things with Jones and his health. At least based on what we know Tuesday afternoon, Jones should be out there as an elite WR1 for Thursday evening's mouthwatering matchup with the Panthers. 

Oct 27, 2020, 4:48 PM ET

Julio makes no sense.  Two weeks ago he could barely walk off the field, last week by some miracle he looks like Julio of old and no sign at all of an issue, this week back to limping around and needing to get stretched out every eight seconds. WTF man WTF
Hmmmm, I'll admit to not watching the entire game, but I watched his highlight video and he was popping up after every tackle, and looked good running routes. He also led the WR group in snaps.

Agree. Hearing there is a hip issue now isn't fantastic.

Still, I've come to settle into the fact that if Julio is still limited Friday and is announced as a GTD, I'll be concerned.

Otherwise, I'll expect the Q tag going into the game, and if he's practicing partially/in full on Friday, I'm going to have to play him.

Agree. Hearing there is a hip issue now isn't fantastic.

Still, I've come to settle into the fact that if Julio is still limited Friday and is announced as a GTD, I'll be concerned.

Otherwise, I'll expect the Q tag going into the game, and if he's practicing partially/in full on Friday, I'm going to have to play him.
Game is on Thurs.  So his designation will be tomorrow.

I've owned him everywhere for years. It is both aggravating as well as satisfying, like you're stealing satisfying. He just always balls out. Everytime I hear what injuries he is playing through in a given week I am amazed. For as messed up as he is he still typically plays. Even though he takes plays off and what not he still walks away with 8 for 140. He is a warrior and I hope the wheels don't come off. 

Julio Jones (hip) was removed from the Week 8 injury report and will play Thursday night against the Panthers.

Off back-to-back strong games, Jones is a lock-and-load top-six WR1.

Oct 28, 2020, 4:22 PM ET

Game is on Thurs.  So his designation will be tomorrow.
Ah yes -- I was actually just speaking in general, but you are correct, the Tuesday practice report (and Wed if they practice prior to Thursday's games) is what matters this week rather than the Friday practice report for a regular Sun game.

Julio Jones (hip) was removed from the Week 8 injury report and will play Thursday night against the Panthers.

Off back-to-back strong games, Jones is a lock-and-load top-six WR1.

Oct 28, 2020, 4:22 PM ET
And there it is. Giddy-up.

Julio Jones caught 7-of-10 targets for 137 yards in the Falcons' Week 8 win over the Panthers. 

Entering the proceedings with 16 catches 234 yards over his past two games, Jones stayed scorching, stacking up four receptions for 85 yards in the game's first 10 minutes. The bad news is, Matt Ryan failed to connect with his alpha wideout on not one, not two, but three end zone targets. The force field was back this evening. Jones' output was likely also affected by rain that really picked up after halftime. The big going forward takeaway was Calvin Ridley departing with an ankle injury. It did not have the looks of a season ender, but the Falcons head on bye after next week's date with the Broncos. Ridley is probably on the wrong side of questionable for Week 9. Jones will remain a locked-in top-three WR1. 

Oct 29, 2020, 11:42 PM ET

Falcons coach Raheem Morris said Julio Jones (hamstring) could be a game-time decision if need be for Week 12 against the Raiders.

He mustered only 22 snaps on Sunday after suffering his injury in the first quarter. Jones returned to make a 22-yard catch on 4th-and-13 in garbage time but was removed from the game shortly thereafter with a noticeable limp. We've seen Morris hold Jones out of practice until Friday and still remove him from the injury report, so Atlanta's Friday practice will ultimately tell fantasy players whether Jones will be available on Sunday. Reminder that Matt Ryan was previously the QB27, QB23, and QB26 in three games that Jones was either absent or limited for earlier this year.

SOURCE: Will McFadden on Twitter

Nov 23, 2020, 3:21 PM ET

What are we doing with Julio this weekend?

I have a weekly decision of picking three between Jones, Moore, Jefferson, Cooks, and Jeudy. 

Jones is a constant threat when he plays, but is also an equal threat to underperform playing dinged as a decoy. I think I'd feel differently if he was suffering from anything else but a bloody hamstring issue that's been dogging him all season. 

In an every game matters situation, Julio may blow up, but I absolutely can't risk the 0-5 point games he's had this year (and he's had a bunch).

I am thinking of rolling with Jefferson, Moore, and Cooks and sitting Jones regardless if he plays. As hard as it is to type this, I just can't trust Jones in a must win game.

Imagine at this point in the season, many are in must-win mode as well. What are you thinking in terms of Julio?

I have a weekly decision of picking three between Jones, Moore, Jefferson, Cooks, and Jeudy. 

Jones is a constant threat when he plays, but is also an equal threat to underperform playing dinged as a decoy. I think I'd feel differently if he was suffering from anything else but a bloody hamstring issue that's been dogging him all season. 

In an every game matters situation, Julio may blow up, but I absolutely can't risk the 0-5 point games he's had this year (and he's had a bunch).

I am thinking of rolling with Jefferson, Moore, and Cooks and sitting Jones regardless if he plays. As hard as it is to type this, I just can't trust Jones in a must win game.

Imagine at this point in the season, many are in must-win mode as well. What are you thinking in terms of Julio?
Traded him last week in a package deal for Rodgers and Godwin, so I didn't have to worry about this (my QBs also sucked, so that helped).

Our league's final playoff spot goes to highest point total.  I'm on verge of that.  So it's even worse for me.  I need high points worse than a win.  I'm stuck picking two from ARob/Julio and Claypool (std. scoring). Julio's upside is hard to risk sitting on the bench for me.  I will not draft Julio next year for sure.  His injury games seem to be more frequent this year, and I don't think it is related to "no offseason" 

Julio Jones (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's a good sign for Julio's Week 12 status that he starts his week off with a limited session. Jones was hobbled through the second half of Week 11 against the Saints and has battled hammy issues seemingly all year. But if he plays, Jones is a cinch WR1 against Vegas' secondary.

Nov 25, 2020, 4:54 PM ET

Our league's final playoff spot goes to highest point total.  I'm on verge of that.  So it's even worse for me.  I need high points worse than a win.  I'm stuck picking two from ARob/Julio and Claypool (std. scoring). Julio's upside is hard to risk sitting on the bench for me.  I will not draft Julio next year for sure.  His injury games seem to be more frequent this year, and I don't think it is related to "no offseason" 
Depends on risk tolerance. I think ARob is a start, period. So do you need an onslaught of point in abundance to leap into the postsesason? I'd go Julio and with the risk of a very low floor.

Are you looking to ensure each and every point counts and are just looking to cement yourself off the bubble? Then Claypool is a fantastic option as his floor is steady. I project them to be fairly close (4 catches, 75 yards) and I think if you need to secure that, Claypool's floor is less risky than Julio's. If you need a 20 point game upside more, then Julio it is.

Rotoworld:

Julio Jones (hamstring) is questionable for Week 12 against the Raiders.

Jones was limited throughout the week and is a true question mark for Sunday. Atlanta's offense has plummeted without Jones this year, averaging 16 points in the four games he's either been limited or unavailable for, but would all be tremendous plays against Las Vegas' sieve of a secondary if Jones starts and musters through. Atlanta's inactives will certainly be worth monitoring Sunday morning as Jones will stay a WR1 for fantasy if available.

SOURCE: Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter

Nov 27, 2020, 4:10 PM ET

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring, questionable) is not expected to play in Week 12 against the Raiders.

Jones was downgraded from a limited participant in practice earlier in the week to a non-participant on Friday. He pulled up with a tight hamstring in Week 11 but played through the injury after missing some of the third quarter. Jones has been plagued by injuries in his age-31 season. Calvin Ridley looks like a top-five receiver based on the increase to his role with Jones out. Rapoport added that TE Hayden Hurst will play, putting him into the back end of the TE1 conversation. 

RELATED: 

Hayden Hurst

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 29, 2020, 8:10 AM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) practiced on a limited basis Wednesday.

Jones practiced on a limited basis last week before he was ruled out. He has a better chance to play this week, but hamstring injuries are prone to setbacks. A return to full practice by Friday would put Jones on track to play.

SOURCE: Atlanta Journal Constitution

Dec 2, 2020, 12:07 PM ET

Julio Jones (hamstring) was downgraded to "DNP" for Thursday's practice. 

This could be part of a plan to limit Jones' reps after he sat in Week 12, but mid-week downgrades are never good news. Jones is now appearing doubtful to suit up for Sunday's rematch with the Saints. At best, he could be trending toward a game-time decision. Jones' status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon.  

SOURCE: Jason Butt on Twitter 

Dec 3, 2020, 2:40 PM ET

Faust said:
Julio Jones (hamstring) was downgraded to "DNP" for Thursday's practice. 

This could be part of a plan to limit Jones' reps after he sat in Week 12, but mid-week downgrades are never good news. Jones is now appearing doubtful to suit up for Sunday's rematch with the Saints. At best, he could be trending toward a game-time decision. Jones' status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon.  

SOURCE: Jason Butt on Twitter 

Dec 3, 2020, 2:40 PM ET
@jasonhbutt text (matches info above)

Jason Butt is the Falcons beat reporter for the Atlanta Journal Constitution. AJC Falcons coverage LP on Wednesday, DNP in Thursday.

Hmmm - different into in last nights FBGs newsletter (Vol 22, #230), citing D. Orlando Ledbetter, also of the AJC. But the info below doesn’t match is Twitter practice report for Thursday.

@Joe Bryant

14. ATL - WR Julio Jones practicing Thursday

Source: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - D. Orlando Ledbetter

Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones (hamstring) is on the field participating in practice Thursday, Dec. 3, according to a team beat reporter.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

We'll have to see what Jones can do on Friday. It's a good sign that he's out there Thursday.

OK, earlier tweet from Ledbetter - Julio on the field.

Three hours later - backpedaling (Julio’s not talking to reporters today)

Then five Tweets later he links the AJC article that cites the Falcons official practice,

Looks like FBGs relied on the early reports - dude was live Tweeting cell phone shots and reporting who was on the field (Julio was around) and jumped to the conclusion he was practicing. Bottom line, Julio was DNP Thursday after being a LP Wednesday.

Thanks. 2020 and the always "evolving" story. Plus the pressure on writers to get stories out early. 

We'll update in tonight's email - thanks for the headsup. 

Julio Jones (hamstring) moved well in Friday's practice and "feels pretty good" headed into Week 13 against the Saints. 

NFL Network's James Palmer said Jones ran routes throughout Friday's practice session and "didn’t feel like anything was holding him back." It remains to be seen whether Jones got in a full session. Either way, it would seem he'll be on the right side of questionable for Week 13. Fantasy players will have to risk an in-game hamstring aggravation if they plan on deploying Julio against New Orleans. Calvin Ridley would likely see a target boost if Julio sits. 

RELATED: 

Calvin Ridley

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter 

Dec 4, 2020, 1:21 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread