What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (3 Viewers)

Ugh

Last week I second guessed sitting him and was kicking myself by yanking Alexander late. Yet I am a glutton for punishment and will start him over Lance Moore.

Victor Cruz (who has done next to nothing in his last 3 starts) or a gimpy Julio against the worst pass D in the league? Whatever I do... guarantee I'll be wrong.

Starting him at flex over J-Stew, Blackmon, Hilton and L.Moore. Was leaning towards Hilton until Avery was upgraded to probable. Have no choice but to start him in my other league as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta play him over Maclin or Donnie Avery. He might burn me, he might go off. Though I will say, that's two straight seasons he's had injury problems. The next Hakeem Nicks?

UghLast week I second guessed sitting him and was kicking myself by yanking Alexander late. Yet I am a glutton for punishment and will start him over Lance Moore.
just did the same things as miles austin's 0 this week makes me need a homerun play.

Motherfuker. Alexander better catch some bombs today or it'll be two weeks in a row of poor management by me.
We can cry together.
Start a support group. So high on this guy and came in as 14th WR this week and should go up after this week but has put 3 stinkers and 2 bad games for a stud. Add on a few weeks of not starting him b/c of injury and this guy probably cost me a playoff spot.

Jones has played 11 games and has been good or better in eight in PPR leagues. He hasn't been a Top 3 fantasy WR like some predicted but overall he's been a pretty darn good one. I have no complaints as a Jones owner.

Jones has played 11 games and has been good or better in eight in PPR leagues. He hasn't been a Top 3 fantasy WR like some predicted but overall he's been a pretty darn good one. I have no complaints as a Jones owner.
10 points in a PPR isn't good. The one week he scored 11 points, he was T-31, the other week he put up 10 he was T-41. Add in games of 6, 4, and 5 and that is 45% of the games he hasn't produced very well. Added in with his injury concerns which probably caused a few owners to bench him a week or two that he went off and I can have complaints.

10 points in a PPR isn't good. The one week he scored 11 points, he was T-31, the other week he put up 10 he was T-41. Add in games of 6, 4, and 5 and that is 45% of the games he hasn't produced very well. Added in with his injury concerns which probably caused a few owners to bench him a week or two that he went off and I can have complaints.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Again, I acknowledge he hasn't been the Top 3 WR some predicted but I only count three bum games this season. I don't consider a 10-point game in PPR to be a bad game. If that's his floor I'll take that considering his ceiling obviously is immense.

I was able to bring myself to sit Jones in one league for Dez. Outside of that, I trotted him out of his stable and he went to work for the greater good. I'm extremely comfortable here.

Me neither, especially since the only league I have him in is one that awards bonuses for longer scores. Games like today make it worth it. And to think, I came thisclose to not starting him. I'd probably be suicidal right now had I not. :lol:

The year is not over for him to get damn near that, and considering you weren't having to spend top 3 to get him in most redrafts, I'd say he's still been a value and will prove to be when it counts 14-16 as well.

What was it that led to Julio owners (me included) firing up our stud? For me it was the pregame report saying that he looked "just fine" in warmups.

What was it that led to Julio owners (me included) firing up our stud? For me it was the pregame report saying that he looked "just fine" in warmups.
I heard he looked good in pre-game warmups, and I heard that FJax would only be backing up Spiller today, so I rolled the dice with Julio in that RB/WR spot. Plus, I figured the Falcons probably wouldn't let him play if he were iffy, especially with a game on Thursday.

When he practiced on Thursday and Friday. No way was I keeping him out of my lineup for this outstanding matchup.

'Ghost Rider said:
'Rylenol said:
I heard he looked good in pre-game warmups, and I heard that FJax would only be backing up Spiller today, so I rolled the dice with Julio in that RB/WR spot. Plus, I figured the Falcons probably wouldn't let him play if he were iffy, especially with a game on Thursday.
'packersfan said:
'Rylenol said:
When he practiced on Thursday and Friday. No way was I keeping him out of my lineup for this outstanding matchup.
Both of those for me, too.

'Rylenol said:
I tend to go with the start your starters mentality...it has been good to me through the years.

'Rylenol said:
I tend to go with the start your starters mentality...it has been good to me through the years.
Me too. Julio will start for me 99.9% of the time. The only way he would sit is if he missed an entire week of practice and the matchup looked difficult. If he hadn't practiced at all last week I probably still would've rolled the dice with him given his talent and how great the matchup was.

Looks like Julio has shed the dreaded GTD tag. Guess he's a definite start to be in one's lineup this week. Anyone hear about any lingering ankle injuries? Good to go?

I saw him putting on his helment and trying to get back in before being stopped. Whatever the injury is, I'm assuming it's not overly serious.

Amazing that they can't draw something up to get him the ball down near the goal line. Has not scored since week 2.

Great....

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington

Adding injury to insult: I just saw Julio Jones limping out of the x-ray room for unknown reason. Whatever it is, it's lower right leg/foot
The bye week couldn't have come at a better time to get those WRs healthy. SJax should also be back. I think the Falcons have enough talent to crawl out of their 1-4 hole.
Have you seen that ####ty D? They still have to play Niners Packers Saints.... They are toast

Amazing that they can't draw something up to get him the ball down near the goal line. Has not scored since week 2.
You didn't watch the game I guess, or you'd know he was targeted in the RZ on two very different plays on the same drive. One was an incomplete pass in the end zone because Ryan was hit as he was throwing. The next was a reception that came up a yard short of a TD.

You didn't watch the game I guess, or you'd know he was targeted in the RZ on two very different plays on the same drive. One was an incomplete pass in the end zone because Ryan was hit as he was throwing. The next was a reception that came up a yard short of a TD.
don't bother, the guy is clueless

I think that one was going to Gonzo.

Users who are viewing this thread