What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (5 Viewers)

Tanner9919 said:
Chargers make sense. Maybe Denver. 

Houston 

Cleveland

Jax

GB
LAC, DEN, JAX, and CLE all have the cap room to add Jones. HOU and GB would have to get creative to free up $10-12M in cap space to pull it off.

LAC, DEN, JAX, and CLE all have the cap room to add Jones. HOU and GB would have to get creative to free up $10-12M in cap space to pull it off.
He said he wants to win, so I'd take Jax out of the equation.

DEN would be perfect if they get Rodgers and end up shipping off Jeudy or Sutton to GB in the process.

CLE and LAC would both be really good fits too.  Opposite conference, winning teams.

Tanner9919 said:
Chargers make sense. Maybe Denver. 

Houston 

Cleveland

Jax

GB
Hou and Jax make no sense.  He said he wants to go win.  Also both those teams wouldn't give up future picks for a dude with a couple years left.

Denver only makes sense if they land Rodgers and lose Jeudy or Sutton in said trade. 

He said he wants to win, so I'd take Jax out of the equation.

DEN would be perfect if they get Rodgers and end up shipping off Jeudy or Sutton to GB in the process.

CLE and LAC would both be really good fits too.  Opposite conference, winning teams.
It would be hard to get the cap numbers to work for DEN to add Rodgers and Jones in the timeframe that things will likely happen. They have $18M in cap space and would need around $23M for Rodgers and/or $15M for Jones. If they trade players to GB, they will also have to take cap hits for those guys as well.

I suppose if they could somehow add Rodgers, then they could extend him to reduce his 2021 salary cap number. Then they might gain enough wiggle room to add Jones. I suppose it's possible, but I don't see GB moving Rodgers at this point in time (maybe in a few months but even then I would guess they would keep him).

Put another way, I don't see the Packers potential trade return for Rodgers dropping by waiting, so they might as well play hardball and see what happens. We can see how dug each side is in once Rodgers refuses to show up for mandatory practices and training camp. GB should get a better look at Love running the offense in the mean time . . . if he looks great then they can let things continue at a standstill with Rodgers for a while. If Love looks mediocre, maybe they give AR what he wants. The point being, the Rodgers situation will probably take time to sort out, while the Jones situation might be over and done with next week.

It would be hard to get the cap numbers to work for DEN to add Rodgers and Jones in the timeframe that things will likely happen. They have $18M in cap space and would need around $23M for Rodgers and/or $15M for Jones. If they trade players to GB, they will also have to take cap hits for those guys as well.

I suppose if they could somehow add Rodgers, then they could extend him to reduce his 2021 salary cap number. Then they might gain enough wiggle room to add Jones. I suppose it's possible, but I don't see GB moving Rodgers at this point in time (maybe in a few months but even then I would guess they would keep him).

Put another way, I don't see the Packers potential trade return for Rodgers dropping by waiting, so they might as well play hardball and see what happens. We can see how dug each side is in once Rodgers refuses to show up for mandatory practices and training camp. GB should get a better look at Love running the offense in the mean time . . . if he looks great then they can let things continue at a standstill with Rodgers for a while. If Love looks mediocre, maybe they give AR what he wants. The point being, the Rodgers situation will probably take time to sort out, while the Jones situation might be over and done with next week.
Good points.  Seemingly that probably puts GB and DEN a little lower on the likelihood list.  Jax and Hou I think have next to no shot. 

Seems like it's the Browns or the Chargers as the best 2 landing spots.  Pats and Titans also possibilities.

Good points.  Seemingly that probably puts GB and DEN a little lower on the likelihood list.  Jax and Hou I think have next to no shot. 

Seems like it's the Browns or the Chargers as the best 2 landing spots.  Pats and Titans also possibilities.
:excited:

It's been mentioned elsewhere, Julio will be very welcome in Nashville. 

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
:excited:

It's been mentioned elsewhere, Julio will be very welcome in Nashville. 
I think (but could definitely be wrong since I don't know him personally) that Julio will give his blessing for a trade to LAC, CLE, NEP, and TEN.  And Atlanta wouldn't care which of these teams he went to as they're all AFC teams, so I think he goes to the highest bidder of those 4.

Another Titan fan chiming in to say yes please. 
AJ has already asked. And said he'd give the shirt (jersey) off his back for him.

Sports gambling outlets consider the Tennessee Titans one of the likely destinations. In fact, FanDuel lists the Titans as the favorites to have Jones on their roster in 2021 ahead of Atlanta and New England.

I think (but could definitely be wrong since I don't know him personally) that Julio will give his blessing for a trade to LAC, CLE, NEP, and TEN.  And Atlanta wouldn't care which of these teams he went to as they're all AFC teams, so I think he goes to the highest bidder of those 4.
As much as I would like NE to go after Jones, I would surprised if they did. For starters, BB is more inclined to cut aging players vs. signing them for top dollar. Sure, NE loves veteran players . . . that are willing to play for a deep discount. That doesn't sound like something Jones would consider at this point.

The Pats so far have not been big spenders at the WR position over the years, and while they may like what Jones brings to the table, they may not want to get committed to paying him $38M.

But perhaps the biggest reason I would not expect NE to land Jones is they generally have pulled off trades in total secrecy. Look at some of the guys they brought in . . . Trent Brown twice, Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon, Martelleus Bennett, Aqib Talib, Randy Moss, Corey Dillion, etc. were all acquired when fans and the media were completely in the dark beforehand. With so many media outlets discussing Jones as an option for NE, it almost seems like it won't happen . . . and if they were involved it would have happened 2 months ago.

Tennessee is another place he would have an impact. Imagine Julio playing for the Cardinals or Titans.

Tennessee is another place he would have an impact. Imagine Julio playing for the Cardinals or Titans.
The Titans have no cap space for this move.

While true it's also partly wishful thinking with AJB on my roster... fingers crossed it doesn't happen.

The Titans have no cap space for this move.

While true it's also partly wishful thinking with AJB on my roster... fingers crossed it doesn't happen.
:shrug: I don't think Julio actually would hurt AJ's stats. 

True on the cap space currently, I just assume they can make the room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems pretty affordable on his current deal given his talent level. Pats would do themselves a favor getting him for the push at the end of the year if they are all about winning. 

:shrug: I don't think Julio actually would hurt AJ's stats. 

True on the cap space currently, I just assume they can make the room.
Tannehill restructure would cover it and they seem to love him so they'll have no qualms about a restructure/extension type deal.

Reply to other

Julio isn't an elite blocker. Neither is Reynolds. Going on the possibly foolish assumption that it's the same offense, this would hurt AJs numbers as he'd have to do Corey's role.

For FF it's lesser but it's so important to get Henry freed up that it's essential.

I'm not saying AJ will be bad for FF but for those of us hoping he rises to best of the best level- that won't happen in Corey's role. I'd lean more towards a repeat of 2020

From a dynasty fantasy standpoint, who are the top 5 REALISTIC landing spots for him in order?

Would love to see everyone's rankings.

From a dynasty fantasy standpoint, who are the top 5 REALISTIC landing spots for him in order?

Assuming management can work the cap:

Titans

Packers (trading for Julio would go a long way towards appeasing Rodgers)

Colts

Pats

Chargers

Titans

Colts

Pats

Chargers
Do you think the Colts can realistically do it with their cap? 

And do you. Think him being the wr2 on the Titans and packers would give him better stats than being wr1 on the Colts and Pats? 

And do you. Think him being the wr2 on the Titans and packers would give him better stats than being wr1 on the Colts and Pats? 
I would think they could, it looks like the colts have like $14 million open now. 

Rodgers #2 would be best I think, the rest seem fairly close in value. IMO

Haha than why did you put the Titans #1? 😛
I wasn't listing by Julio's value.

I think the chances Julio helps the Titans win a championship is greater than him helping the pack. I could be wrong of course.

I'm here to squash the Julio to the Packers talk.  There is .001% chance this happens.  Pack up against the cap and they have Davante and Jaire due monster paydays coming up real soon.  Plus it's never been in the Packs MO to trade draft picks (especially a 1st rounder) for an aging vet.  Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Julio in GB but having seen how this organization operates they don't mortgage the future...ever.  In fact they typically operate too focused on the future to the detriment of the present.  Still hate the Love pick lol.  

Titans

Colts

Pats

Chargers

I wasn't listing by Julio's value.

I think the chances Julio helps the Titans win a championship is greater than him helping the pack. I could be wrong of course.
Oh lol.   You responded to my post about ranking them in terms of fantasy dynasty value :P

With the cap at 203M and a carryover of 6.4M, that would put the adjusted cap for the Colts at 209.4M. After the signing of the entire 2021 NFL Draft class, the Colts will sit around 123.5M in liabilities, which leaves them with 85.9M of cap space for 2022

I'm sure they can move money around and fit Julio in.

FOX is under major fire for potentially not telling Julio he was live on air.

Extremely unlikely, but Sharpe could face a year in prison for having that interview on air 😮
The year in jail will not happen. A fine could, and Sharpe may well find other players reluctant to speak to him. But yeah, a reporter and the company should know these laws. 

The year in jail will not happen. A fine could, and Sharpe may well find other players reluctant to speak to him. But yeah, a reporter and the company should know these laws. 
Yep that's why I said extremely unlikely. Still crazy backlash. It does seem like the team and Julio kept the trade demand under wraps for quite some time. Kudos to them for doing that, but sucks for them both that this was accidentally leaked. 

:shrug: feel free to post your own thoughts. 
I like to ask questions in here without doing the whole "what do you guys think, I think" kind of post haha. 

Im a dynasty Julio owner and I'm not sure my top 5 spots. Curious what others think as I don't play much dynasty (1 of 10 leagues). 

I'm hopeful some have some insight on where his value would be highest, so I can hop for that to happen. It's a slow off-season and I need something to cheer for the next few weeks haha. 

Chargers would be legit... Mike Williams with this Alligator Arms is pretty meh overall.... Get Keenan another stud next to him and Herbert with those Rainbows will go bonkers... Ive been playing alot of ball with Keenan the last couple months ... he's in the best shape if his life he's claiming and down 10lbs from last year.... ps alert.... he's going to go off this year :)

I like to ask questions in here without doing the whole "what do you guys think, I think" kind of post haha. 

Im a dynasty Julio owner and I'm not sure my top 5 spots. Curious what others think as I don't play much dynasty (1 of 10 leagues). 

I'm hopeful some have some insight on where his value would be highest, so I can hop for that to happen. It's a slow off-season and I need something to cheer for the next few weeks haha. 
Julio’s value is already limited by age and injuries, obviously, and going to a new team probably doesn’t help his value but I’d go:

1. SF - we know Shanny Jr. knows how to used him. He could excel with Jimmy G and would have crazy upside with Lance.

2. Indianapolis - It’s possible Wentz is finished but I don’t believe so. He’d move to top of target list likely from Day One.

3. Tennessee- not a high volume passing game but it’s efficient and Tannehill has the arm to take shots with Julio.

4. Chargers - probably should have them higher but I guess the new staff and maybe a Hebert regression leaves some concerns.

5. Green Bay - would be higher on the list but not sure it’s a realistic trade especially if they are dealing Rodgers

Julio’s value is already limited by age and injuries, obviously, and going to a new team probably doesn’t help his value but I’d go:

1. SF - we know Shanny Jr. knows how to used him. He could excel with Jimmy G and would have crazy upside with Lance.

2. Indianapolis - It’s possible Wentz is finished but I don’t believe so. He’d move to top of target list likely from Day One.

3. Tennessee- not a high volume passing game but it’s efficient and Tannehill has the arm to take shots with Julio.

4. Chargers - probably should have them higher but I guess the new staff and maybe a Hebert regression leaves some concerns.

5. Green Bay - would be higher on the list but not sure it’s a realistic trade especially if they are dealing Rodgers
Would the pats not be good for him fantasy-wise?  Would think Bill would use him a ton for 1 year. Good list tho. 

Would the pats not be good for him fantasy-wise?  Would think Bill would use him a ton for 1 year. Good list tho. 
I had them on originally but then though of LAC.

I believe in Belichick. Cam looked washed but maybe he bounces back. Not sure about Mac Jones - not a big believer in him.

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports there's a "sense" around the league that Julio Jones could be traded "as early as next week."

The Falcons have unsurprisingly discussed "several trade offers" for Jones thus far, including an offer for a future first-round pick from an undisclosed team. Atlanta has always been in the market for a first-rounder in return for the 32-year-old, so the hold-up could be to allow other teams to come over the top before agreeing to any deal. Russini adds that the Titans are also a "long shot" to add Jones despite A.J. Brown's social media campaign. The Patriots, Colts, Raiders, and 49ers remain the teams to bet on to land his services in the very near future.

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter

May 27, 2021, 9:20 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread