What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SUPER BOWL SIG-BET (1 Viewer)

Goat Herders

Footballguy
All week long, I've resisted chiming in on Pats threads. Much to my surprise, the Patriot nation has been fairly quiet this week. Time to kick in that ant-pile. ;)

I think the Patriots have had a tremendous run. I think they are to be applauded for it. But I think they're going to lose this weekend. I said at the beginning of the year my money would be on "a team that can run the ball and has a solid Defense". At that time, I picked the Dolphins. As the playoffs started, I picked the Ravens. So, granted, I've not been all that good at picking 'em this year. However, the Panthers fit my mold so I'm taking them this weekend.

And rather then waste time on Monday bumping every thread in a juvenille "I TOLD YOU SO!" way, I'll just do my gloating this way....

THE GRANDDADDY OF ALL SIG BETS

Pick the winning team, straight up. The losers must keep the following sentence as the TOP LINE in their Sig until NEXT SEASON begins. Thats a long time to carry around a scarlet letter...

If Pats win, I (and any who join me), will have a sig of...

"Much to my disgust, I have to admit it, the Patriots are much better then I thought and are CLEARLY the best team of the year and best NFL franchise of the last Decade. Maybe some day someone can challenge their dominance, although it doesn't look likely"

If the Panthers win, the Pats fans who chime in will have...

"WE, the Patriots, just weren't good enough today. OUR string of luck finally ran out as WE were beaten by a better team, the Carolina Panthers. I guess MY contribution to OUR team just wasn't enough, as WE were clearly not the best team in the league this year, not even the best team that starts with a "P." No excuses this time, we just got beat....by the Panthers no less!!!"

So, who's in? Taking the underdog brings some risk, but I'm willing to lay it out there for a chance - JUST A CHANCE - to have a smile on my face at the expense of Patriots fans until September.

Bring it on Pats fans...

HERD

Panthers Sig Bet

- Goat Herders

- Number 2

- Monkeybutt

- Crazygutgut

- KilgoreTrout

- tommygunz

- Kpreswood

- Jayrok

- St. Louis Bob

- Lone Wolf

Patriots Sig Bet

- PMENFAN

-ShawnRI

- ball_snatchers

- Anarchy 99

- Davej626

- Gregch0914

- Kid

- Iwannabeacowboy

- PatsFanCt

- KGB

- SeniorVBDStudent

- Turf Toe Killed Me

- Porkins

-NErangers

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight up? No problem. With Moose orating that he dreamed of a victory, I conclude that is as close as he'll come to Victory in 3 days. String of luck? :rotflmao:

Like shooting fish in a barrel as NE will likely win by 21+ ;) I hope some of the others talking the talk (BGP, Crak etc) will walk the walk :boxing: The sig will have to be EXACTLY as shown no more no less correct?

I'm in for the Pats as well Herd. What about adding an avatar bonus as well? For example, if you win, we all have to have the Panthers Avatar (that you approve of) for a month or so. If the Pats win, you have to have the Flying Elvis logo for a month?

Hmm...HERD how many weeks straight have you picked the wrong team...lets see....Tennesee vs Patriots (Herd - Tenn), then it was Indy vs Pats (Herd - Indy by 14), now its the Panthers vs Pats and HERD is picking the Panthers........That does it for me.................PATRIOTS WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!Thanks HERD for picking the Panthers...you guaranteed a Patriots victory!! :)

So, I'm sitting by myself in Patherland. And if I'm the only one that gets in on this, then I'm declaring that I'm the ONLY PERSON that gets to rib Pats fans next week if the Panthers win. Why? Because I deserve at least that much for putting my nuts on the chopping block!!!!HERD

So, I'm sitting by myself in Patherland. And if I'm the only one that gets in on this, then I'm declaring that I'm the ONLY PERSON that gets to rib Pats fans next week if the Panthers win. Why? Because I deserve at least that much for putting my nuts on the chopping block!!!!HERD
Agreed. As for all the talk last week, I guess I guess no one wants to go against the Whiny Tools in a real bet!! :lol:

Hey Goat - Put me down for the Panthers. Even though I don't care for Sig bets, I hate to see you sitting there all by yourself, knowing that you aren't even a Panthers fan. ;) Also, I don't really like the sig. I think instead of "the best team of the year and best NFL franchise of the last Decade" it should have read "the best team of the year and best NFL franchise of this Decade" but that doesn't really matter since I don't really care about stupid sigs. Also, I will not change my avatar. It took me long enough to get the one I got, and I'm not sure if I am smart enough to switch to a new one.

Thanks for the moral support fellas. No avatar's included. I've resisted change for the entire time I've been a member and I'm not shedding my "rep" as a scraggily, hoarse sounding bartender......Anybody else want in on the fun?HERD

Never done a sig bet, don't usually get the opportunity with the Panthers, I am glad that has changed. I am in. :thumbup: As far as not a lot of "talk" going on, believe me there has been plenty, I`m keeping score. ;)

My problem with this sig bet is there is not one mention of the Panthers in either sig. I would like to see a sig that acknowledges the Panthers as the better team. It seems the sig is only designed for Pats fans.

My problem with this sig bet is there is not one mention of the Panthers in either sig. I would like to see a sig that acknowledges the Panthers as the better team. It seems the sig is only designed for Pats fans.
Agreed."WE, the Patriots, just weren't good enough today. OUR string of luck finally ran out as WE were beaten by the Carolina Panthers, who ended up being the better team. I guess MY contribution to OUR team just wasn't enough, as WE were clearly not the best team in the league this year. That honor belongs to the Carolina Panthers. No excuses this time, we just got beat."

Additions in bold. That would work for me, and since they will have those sigs for a long time I guess we do need to put the Panthers in the sig somewhere.

Additions in bold. That would work for me, and since they will have those sigs for a long time I guess we do need to put the Panthers in the sig somewhere.
I would also support a similar additon to the other sig if the Panthers lose. Which of course isn't going to happen. ;)

I hate to tell you this, but I am not nearly as interested in seeing a Panthers victory as I am in seeing a Pats loss. The Panthers winning the Super Bowl is simply a bi-product of that.I wanted to start this as the official place for me/others to "rub it in" if the Pats lost and for the Pats fans to "rub it in" if they win. The point of the Sig chage is not to necessarily extol the Panthers as it is to acknowledge, one way or the other, that the Patriots are either a GREAT TEAM or are a SHAM. That has been one of the main debates around here for a couple of weeks and I am happy to throw down the Final Gauntlett.HERD

I hate to tell you this, but I am not nearly as interested in seeing a Panthers victory as I am in seeing a Pats loss. The Panthers winning the Super Bowl is simply a bi-product of that.
Understood, and thats what I thought you might be getting at. From my viewpoint, it isn't so much wanting to rub it in against the Pats as it is to acknowledge a great season for the Panthers. Count me out.

Edits will be made, and provided no Pats fans object, we're all rolling....Kilgore, don't take your ball and go home just yet.HERD

Edits will be made, and provided no Pats fans object, we're all rolling....Kilgore, don't take your ball and go home just yet.HERD
I still have my ball(s). (edit - in other words I'm in)I'm just another whiny Panther fan saying that we get no respect.Really, there was nothing in the bet for me otherwise. Thanks Herd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to Herd for putting this out there.I'm ALL IN!!!"You're witnessing the beginning of a dynasty."- SeniorVBDStudent, January 29, 2004Paging BGP....

one way or the other, that the Patriots are either a GREAT TEAM or are a SHAM. HERD
HERD...Before you post these messages please watch the games.....you obviously no nothing about Football to think that if the Patriots lose they are a SHAM! Have you not watched any of their games?? Do you realize they have won 14 games in a row???C'mon, you are better than that. You sound like a high school kid whining about the Patriots because they beat your Titans!! Loosen up and admit the Patriots could rank as the best team in NFL history!!! :P :P

while i appreciate your zeal Herd, i must make a slight correction.

The Grand Daddy of all sig bets (if we are going by length and other requirements) would be the sig bet between USC and Michigan homers. In fact, the losers of that bet cant even participate in this bet.

Sorry.

SC/UM Sig/Avatar Bet

Tom Brady, master of controling the game.

Belichick, defensive GENIUS.

Ty Law and Rodney Harrison, veteran STUDs in the defensive backfield licking their chops for a shot at weak armed cajun boy.

Antwain Smith with a 100 yrd game looking like he's remembering how to run downhill.

Pats have won 16 straight.

Pats were just there, Carolina's officially "Cinderella".

All signs point to a Pats blowout.

GIVE ME THE PANTHERS!

I grew up 1.5 hours from Charlotte, and though I was too old to convert to the local Panthers by the time they arrived, everyone from my hometown is wearing black and blue this week.

Put me on the Carolina side Herd. Let's go Julius. I'm throwing $50 on Peppers winning MVP as well....

The Patsties pansies will be eating so much crap after they lose. :rotflmao: the pansies win :rotflmao: right here pansies fans [Zippy]:finger:[/Zippy]

The Panthers will win because they are the better team on both sides of the ball. GO PANTHERS! :ph34r: Count me in to defend my Panthers!

Let me further explain another reason why NE will win.There's no way that Dallas could have beaten the SuperBowl winner this year. And if Carolina did win, then they could make that claim. However, I definatley could see NE win it because Dallas couldn't even score a point on them. That's about right.

I'm in :thumbup:

If the Patriots win i will use the Pats sig bet signature, but....

...if the Panthers win, I want my sig to read -

Panthers - I told you so!

I'm in for the Pats. It will be a very physical game but MY team will come out on top, 27-6.

OBSERVATION: Some of the biggest Patriots fans are still missing. Paging Humping Rhino. Paging Mr. Happy.HERD
What about them Raider Fans? And where's the Mods? Why don't they stake a claim?? :confused:

I'm off for a weekend of drinking and hopefully watching the Panthers win the big one. I'll be back Monday night to either take my medicine or do a little gloating. Actually, as a Panther fan I am not sure how to gloat. Maybe some Pats or Bucs fans can give me a few lessons.

Users who are viewing this thread