What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SUPER BOWL SIG-BET (1 Viewer)

It does seem like some loyalist on both sides of the coin did not show up for the Sig Bet (that always seems to be the case though). I was the last one of the Pats faithful to do so it seems, but do not fault others for not participating (unless NER did not do it, since we have not missed a Sig bet yet!). I did look at this bet as a way of supporting the boys. If they lost and I had to wear the sig, it still would have shown I supported them. It seems like some take this way to seriously and set out for personal attacks. There are many ways of showing your team support...I guess on a discussion board, this seems to be the one that stands out.BTW: I been a fan of the Pats since I was eight. Whether I did this bet or not would not change my fan status. I went to the parade to see the boys at city hall plaza...it might not seem like such a big deal except that I live in PA! 700 miles driving round trip, and a train ride in and out of Boston I think speaks a little more to supporting my team!PS did my Whiny Tool sign make the news at all????

I have been a vocal NE supporter from Day 1, that sad Day 1 against Buffalo.I missed the sig bet only becuase I don't check this board every day after my fantasy season is over and missed the thresd. I'm guessing there are more people on the board that fall into the same boat.Go PATS :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Pick the winning team, straight up. The losers must keep the following sentence as the TOP LINE in their Sig until NEXT SEASON begins. Thats a long time to carry around a scarlet letter...
I'm assuming you mean regular season, right? I want this albatross off my neck!

Yes, at kickoff of the first Regular Season game, the sig can be changed. Technically, you could change it now, but its admirable that you have kept up your end. "If you're going to get in, get n all the way up..."Colin

Yes, at kickoff of the first Regular Season game, the sig can be changed. Technically, you could change it now, but its admirable that you have kept up your end. "If you're going to get in, get n all the way up..."Colin
A bet's a bet. You carried yours over to your 'new' name which is also admirable. Six more weeks to go.

It does seem like some loyalist on both sides of the coin did not show up for the Sig Bet (that always seems to be the case though). I was the last one of the Pats faithful to do so it seems, but do not fault others for not participating (unless NER did not do it, since we have not missed a Sig bet yet!). I did look at this bet as a way of supporting the boys. If they lost and I had to wear the sig, it still would have shown I supported them. It seems like some take this way to seriously and set out for personal attacks. There are many ways of showing your team support...I guess on a discussion board, this seems to be the one that stands out.BTW: I been a fan of the Pats since I was eight. Whether I did this bet or not would not change my fan status. I went to the parade to see the boys at city hall plaza...it might not seem like such a big deal except that I live in PA! 700 miles driving round trip, and a train ride in and out of Boston I think speaks a little more to supporting my team!PS did my Whiny Tool sign make the news at all????
FTR, I was in (as you can see on the 1st page of this thread) but for whatever reason Herd missed me on the list :( Not that there was ever any doubt ;)

One last bump, this is almost over. Thanks to the few that kept the signature along with me.
Sig bets are childs play if you ask me. What is someone going to come knock down my door because I changed my sig back? I changed mine a loong time ago. You won't see me participating in any more sig bets. Waste of time and board space if you ask me.

One last bump, this is almost over. Thanks to the few that kept the signature along with me.
Sig bets are childs play if you ask me. What is someone going to come knock down my door because I changed my sig back? I changed mine a loong time ago. You won't see me participating in any more sig bets. Waste of time and board space if you ask me.
I won't do anymore either, but only because most of the time people don't live up to it. What's the point? Why bother betting at all?

Users who are viewing this thread