What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Julian Edelman going forward (1 Viewer)

He's a stud...he was money this game...he is so athletic and has worked hard to become a big time WR...just a perfect fit to play with Brady...

Rotoworld:

The Associated Press reports Julian Edelman passed a concussion test in the fourth quarter of Sunday's Super Bowl victory.
Making a 21-yard grab on 3rd-and-14 with 10:58 remaining, Edelman took a helmet-to-helmet shot from Kam Chancellor. He appeared immediately staggered, struggling to pull himself up off the field on three-straight targets. He was not immediately tested, so it's unclear when the test was administered. Some of the assembled media believed Edelman seemed a bit fuzzy post-game, but the Pats apparently did their due diligence. At the very least, however, Edelman should have been immediately tested following Chancellor's hit. Edelman was one of the heroes of the game, catching nine passes for 109 yards and a touchdown. His score provided the difference.

Source: Associated Press
Feb 2 - 1:44 PM

It's so funny. I think it was the 2012 version of Madden. I never bothered setting up subs, but sometimes the game would play Edelman as a third or fourth reciever. And I started to notice that he would almost always get an extra three or so yards while he was in the grasp. I started using him all the time.

As others have said: money

Plus, he apparently rolled into all the SB week festivities with an entire roster of runway models draped all over him. It's good to endorse Armani. :thumbup:

Side note: if it turns out they were playing fast and loose with concussion protocols, the media #### storm from deflategate will look like a puff of wind in retrospect.

Big ups to Jules either way though.

Rotoworld:

The Associated Press reports Julian Edelman passed a concussion test in the fourth quarter of Sunday's Super Bowl victory.
Making a 21-yard grab on 3rd-and-14 with 10:58 remaining, Edelman took a helmet-to-helmet shot from Kam Chancellor. He appeared immediately staggered, struggling to pull himself up off the field on three-straight targets. He was not immediately tested, so it's unclear when the test was administered. Some of the assembled media believed Edelman seemed a bit fuzzy post-game, but the Pats apparently did their due diligence. At the very least, however, Edelman should have been immediately tested following Chancellor's hit. Edelman was one of the heroes of the game, catching nine passes for 109 yards and a touchdown. His score provided the difference.

Source: Associated Press
Feb 2 - 1:44 PM
Reeks of sour grapes.

Curious to see what other Pats' fans/Non-Pats' fans think, but I thought Edelman was easily the MVP of the game last night. He made the most of every opportunity.

He's been far better than I imagined. I can't believe that I forgot him on my playoff FF roster. I ended up 2nd in my one league that does an add-on for the playoffs and I picked the Pats vs. Seahawks correctly and the difference was that even though I had Wilson and the other guy had Romo, Edelman did more than enough for the other guy to still win. My bad for not even thinking of him. I've never owned him or Welker when he was in NE, so maybe I lost thought of him, but he has been really solid.

Curious to see what other Pats' fans/Non-Pats' fans think, but I thought Edelman was easily the MVP of the game last night. He made the most of every opportunity.
He played a great gutsy ball game and I'd not have been had an issue with him winning MVP but they also did not want to test Sherman and Seattle seemed more focused on trying to slow down Gronk. So in that respect I think in terms of matchups he was set up to have a good game and he delivered.

I would still have given the MVP to Brady but I think Brady should give that truck to Edelman.

He did enough to earn it, but save for a few plays Brady killed all game and especially when it mattered.

I think he's one of the smartest receivers in the game.

No doubt he uses athleticism and speed but moreso I think his anticipation of the D and understanding of the flow of a game makes him uncoverable at times.

Welker used to have this unreal ability to find a soft spot and....I'm not sure if it's how they coach, how it is to play with Brady and maybe discuss things before it happens or what is going on exactly, but the Pats coach some of their WRs better than anyone in the league.

I think he's one of the smartest receivers in the game.

No doubt he uses athleticism and speed but moreso I think his anticipation of the D and understanding of the flow of a game makes him uncoverable at times.

Welker used to have this unreal ability to find a soft spot and....I'm not sure if it's how they coach, how it is to play with Brady and maybe discuss things before it happens or what is going on exactly, but the Pats coach some of their WRs better than anyone in the league.
Brady spends more time with his receivers than anyone except for maybe Peyton. Brady shows up 6 hours early to games and practices, works with receivers and linemen - often stays after also.

The system is a machine and it runs through Brady.

Idk if it came from the concussions or what, but over time Wes either got sloppy or predictable cause he was getting absolutely brutalized out there and I'm worried its gonna be Edelmans fate aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of upset that all of my drafts aren't done yet, it was always smarter to assume Brady was going to play week 1. Plus Garoppolo is a potential future star anyway, very talented young QB.

He returned to practice last week.

Got him in a draft over the weekend as my 3rd WR like end of 5th round. 10team PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
When he fell to me at 4.12 in 12-team PPR, as my WR4, I said a little prayer of thanks to the fantasy gods.

And this was before the Brady victory.

I'm still nervous about him for tomorrow. Haven't heard anything about him getting full practices this week

Literally no news. RW hasn't had an update on him since 8/28. They usually post anything.

Probably won't know till right before kickoff.

Edelman has not been listed on the injury report at all this week. Local beat / media guys said he has been practicing regularly and say is a go and 100%. Can't link it as there is no online article about it.

The bigger mystery is Cadet, who is listed as questionable. I think he might be deactivated by game time, but check tomorrow when the final game day rosters are announced.

It's weird cause yahoo has Edelman as Out for tomorrow but hen projects him to have 16 pts for week 1.

Cadet has been listed as questionable but a full participant all week. Could go either way, but I've pulled Lewis from my lineup in favor of Dola or Chandler.

Users who are viewing this thread