What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dear makers of Elf on a shelf (1 Viewer)

AcerFC

Footballguy
Next time you write the book, please allow the kids to touch the elf by accident so we dont have a meltdown like the world is about to end. I can deal with one of my kids breaking down at any given moment, but both at the same time is tough.

It would be nice to have elf really move itself so I dont have to remember every night to do it. I just know one night I will be woken at 3:00am and told to go move it because we forgot. I have already had to do it twice in the morning but its a matter of time that my daughter beats me downstairs and I dont want to see what will happen if the elf doesnt move. Although with the way my daughter behaves, it should never move for 30 straight days.

But most of all, I hate you for the genius idea and the fact that I didnt think about it sooner. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Next time you write the book, please allow the kids to touch the elf by accident so we dont have a meltdown like the world is about to end. I can deal with one of my kids breaking down at any given moment, but both at the same time is tough.It would be nice to have elf really move itself so I dont have to remember every night to do it. I just know one night I will be woken at 3:00am and told to go move it because we forgot. I have already had to do it twice in the morning but its a matter of time that my daughter beats me downstairs and I dont want to see what will happen if the elf doesnt move. Although with the way my daughter behaves, it should never move for 30 straight days. But most of all, I hate you for the genius idea and the fact that I didnt think about it sooner. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:
Plus it's a great way to get the kids accustomed to always being watched by Big Brother.

It has become one of the best things about Christmas at our house.http://pinterest.com/chandlerjandk/elf-on-a-shelf-ideas/
Oh, they love it. They tell anyone they can about it
I don't have kids. Is this the same thing as Kegel the Elf?
No idea what that is
Next time you write the book, please allow the kids to touch the elf by accident so we dont have a meltdown like the world is about to end. I can deal with one of my kids breaking down at any given moment, but both at the same time is tough.It would be nice to have elf really move itself so I dont have to remember every night to do it. I just know one night I will be woken at 3:00am and told to go move it because we forgot. I have already had to do it twice in the morning but its a matter of time that my daughter beats me downstairs and I dont want to see what will happen if the elf doesnt move. Although with the way my daughter behaves, it should never move for 30 straight days. But most of all, I hate you for the genius idea and the fact that I didnt think about it sooner. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:
Plus it's a great way to get the kids accustomed to always being watched by Big Brother.
That is the thing. I hate feeding them lies about things like Santa is watching or the elf will see. But my wife won in this battle obviously

I have never heard of this but those pinterest ideas are incredibly creepy. And hilarious.

TIP 1 - Put the damn Elf high up and out of reach.

TIP 2 - My kids know that if the Elf is touched, Christmas is cancelled.

My kids love this...

My wife put it on the counter yesterday with some chocolate on his face and a half eaten cookie in his hands. My 4 year old was :hot: :hot: that it would steal a cookie. Said he was gonna "write a letter to santa" :lmao:

My 3 yr old doesnt feel threatened by his AT ALL.

Me - Son, if you dont listen, Max (elf's name) will go to the North Pole and tell Santa you're being a bad boy and he wont come back

Son- :shrug: (as he threatens to touch him)

We are on year 3 of the EOTS. You learn quickly to put the Elf up high so you don't have to worry about them touching it. With that said, my wife put our son's on his bookshelf for the "initial appearance" this year and he was in our room at 4am letting me know that "Elliot" (his elf) had fallen off his shelf. So, I waited for him to fall back asleep and I moved him.

We do this and some of those ideas are great...but damn people go to a lot of trouble.

We typically just put it up high in different places so they can't touch it or it won't fall over or something.

Plus...Im not cleaning up some mess the "elf" made.

My 3 yr old doesnt feel threatened by his AT ALL.Me - Son, if you dont listen, Max (elf's name) will go to the North Pole and tell Santa you're being a bad boy and he wont come backSon- :shrug: (as he threatens to touch him)
This is remedied when he doesn't get any presents from Santa :shrug:

I hate the elf too - it is a PITA. Kids do love it though. It's most definitely genius - I hope that whomever came up with the idea is making bank, and not toiling in some cubicle somewhere. Elf on the shelf is a new Christmas tradition - as strong (or stronger) of a character than Rudolph. And, whomever makes it has exclusive rights, including movies, books, accessories, etc.

I hate the elf too - it is a PITA. Kids do love it though. It's most definitely genius - I hope that whomever came up with the idea is making bank, and not toiling in some cubicle somewhere. Elf on the shelf is a new Christmas tradition - as strong (or stronger) of a character than Rudolph. And, whomever makes it has exclusive rights, including movies, books, accessories, etc.
Its realy interesting when we are at my Dad's house. My step-mother has a green one that is really freaking old that is always just sitting out in the same spot every year.

At our house, "Elisa Snowflake" (our elf is a girl) got into what's left of the Halloween candy last night, leaving candy wrappers all over the kitchen counter.

:unsure: You guys take this stuff to a new level. Til now, I've just moved it around. This cookie/candy stuff is a whole other dimension.

Sounds like some of you parents may be able to relate to this news story from yesterday...

Good Morning America host Lara Spencer has been left looking like the Grinch after revealing the secrets of The Elf on the Shelf during a morning segment about the children's toy.Hundreds of horrified parents lambasted the daytime show online after the host claimed that adults moved the Christmas toy in the middle of the night as their children slept.'THANKS A LOT U MORONS!!!!' one viewer vented on the show's Facebook page. 'My kid ran upstairs this morning saying the elf on the shelf isn't real and that parents hide it in the middle of the night!!! I'M PISSED!'Another added: 'Tune in tomorrow when Lara tells children all over the country that the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are really just your parents.'Annoyed parents also flocked to Twitter to attack the morning show.'Hey @GMA,' one mother wrote. 'Wanna just tell my 6 year old there is no Santa!!! WTF!! Kids r watching!! Watch how you explain Elf on the Shelf.''Seriously @GMA talking the elf on the shelf?' another added. 'You know my kids are watching and you just said "you" move the elf every night.'ABC has now removed the segment from its video archive.And the show scrambled to air a clarification the following day, with Spencer explaining that since the elf didn't have a name, it did not have its magical powers, and she could touch him.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242264/Parents-slam-GMAs-Lara-Spencer-revealing-secrets-Elf-Shelf-air.html#ixzz2E5uMhjC0

Sounds like some of you parents may be able to relate to this news story from yesterday...

Good Morning America host Lara Spencer has been left looking like the Grinch after revealing the secrets of The Elf on the Shelf during a morning segment about the children's toy.Hundreds of horrified parents lambasted the daytime show online after the host claimed that adults moved the Christmas toy in the middle of the night as their children slept.'THANKS A LOT U MORONS!!!!' one viewer vented on the show's Facebook page. 'My kid ran upstairs this morning saying the elf on the shelf isn't real and that parents hide it in the middle of the night!!! I'M PISSED!'Another added: 'Tune in tomorrow when Lara tells children all over the country that the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are really just your parents.'Annoyed parents also flocked to Twitter to attack the morning show.'Hey @GMA,' one mother wrote. 'Wanna just tell my 6 year old there is no Santa!!! WTF!! Kids r watching!! Watch how you explain Elf on the Shelf.''Seriously @GMA talking the elf on the shelf?' another added. 'You know my kids are watching and you just said "you" move the elf every night.'ABC has now removed the segment from its video archive.And the show scrambled to air a clarification the following day, with Spencer explaining that since the elf didn't have a name, it did not have its magical powers, and she could touch him.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242264/Parents-slam-GMAs-Lara-Spencer-revealing-secrets-Elf-Shelf-air.html#ixzz2E5uMhjC0
Perhaps the Mayans were right.

My 3 yr old doesnt feel threatened by his AT ALL.Me - Son, if you dont listen, Max (elf's name) will go to the North Pole and tell Santa you're being a bad boy and he wont come backSon- :shrug: (as he threatens to touch him)
This is remedied when he doesn't get any presents from Santa :shrug:
Sincerely thought about going this route :unsure:
Santa came to our house, but gave our son underwear, some sticks and leaves etc with a note saying if he was really sorry four touching the elf mama and daddy had the rest of his presents and we could give them to him if we chose. Never a problem since.

Has to be a horror movie.

My kids woke up to Elvis the Elf pinning CM Punk in my son's WWE toy wrestling ring this morning, while wearing the heavyweight championship belt...guess he stopped in at Monday Night Raw on the way back to our house last night...

I have instituted a rule this year that the elf won't come to our house until the kids Christmas lists are complete. This has already bought me over a week of not having to deal with it. I would highly recommend this tactic.

I have instituted a rule this year that the elf won't come to our house until the kids Christmas lists are complete. This has already bought me over a week of not having to deal with it. I would highly recommend this tactic.
Wouldn't this just encourage them not to give you the list until the night before so they don't have to worry about the elf ratting them out?

My 6 yo got weirded out by one she saw at a friend's house. I'm pretty thankful for this to be honest.

The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition (ISBN 978-0-9769907-9-6) is a children’s picture book written by American mother and daughter Carol Aebersold and Chanda Bell, and illustrated by Coë Steinwart. The book was self-published in 2005 by CCA and B Publishing in Marietta, GA. The Elf on the Shelf comes in a keepsake box that features the hardbound book and a small pixie scout elf. Written in rhyme with accompanying watercolor illustrations, it is a Christmas tale of how Santa knows who is naughty and nice. The described tradition of The Elf on the Shelf usually begins around Thanksgiving and lasts until Christmas Eve, when the elves return to the North Pole until the next holiday season. The book spent time as the number one best-seller at Barnes and Noble's website.[1]

In response to numerous rejections from major publishing houses, Aebersold and Bell ultimately self-published The Elf on the Shelf; along with Bell's twin sister Christa Pitts, they created their own publishing company under the name of CCA and B ("Creatively Classic Activities and Books"). After initially publishing 300 copies of The Elf on the Shelf, they had sold over 1.5 million copies by the end of 2010.[2]
Oh yeah, their raking in some serious cash. And all those publishers that rejected it are probably feeling pretty damn stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread