What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dear makers of Elf on a shelf (1 Viewer)

Ned said:
This is all Facebook's fault (mom's one-upping each other).

I can get down with leaving a small book every day. That's a cool idea.
Yeah my wife doesn't have a facebook acct so she's not one upping other moms....she just loves to spend money on anything and everything

We don't do the elf thing, but leave that as a special thing that Grandma does when we go over to her place.

GB Grandma.

My daughter loves Elf. She went nuts the last 2 mornings over that thing. Xmas magic like Santa and Elf only lasts a short time. I am going to enjoy every minute of this time and enjoy making this time of the year special for my kid. My wife and I move the Elf around each night. It only takes a few minutes and is fun.

My daughter loves Elf. She went nuts the last 2 mornings over that thing. Xmas magic like Santa and Elf only lasts a short time. I am going to enjoy every minute of this time and enjoy making this time of the year special for my kid. My wife and I move the Elf around each night. It only takes a few minutes and is fun.
We started doing the elf this year with our 3 y/o daughter. Didn't really think she understood the concept, until this morning when I forgot to move it. Glad she enjoys it, but now I need to set a reminder on my phone to actually move it haha.

We started doing the elf this year with our 3 y/o daughter. Didn't really think she understood the concept, until this morning when I forgot to move it. Glad she enjoys it, but now I need to set a reminder on my phone to actually move it haha.
I forgot the first day. Told the kids he probably hadnt been there for 24 hours yet. :unsure:

:hifive:

Harry Manback said:
FUBAR said:
Harry Manback said:
Can we kill this stupid "tradition" yet?
sure. while we're at it, let's kill the easter bunny, Santa, the tooth fairy, the Peanuts holiday specials, and birthday cake.

Ned said:
lumpy19 said:
I'd settle for just moving the little guy because it makes the kids so happy....but now he's leaving ####### presents.....are you kidding me!??
:lol: when did that become a thing?
Moms "one-upping" other moms. One friend's elf leaves books every day. That's somewhat cool, but if you have more than one kid that #### gets expensive fast.
Oh yeah? How long has elf on a shelf been around again? What pagan traditions does this stem from? Did we get rid of Santa, necessitating a new tradition?I'll hang up and listen for your response.
Every tradition had a starting point. This tradition's starting point is fairly recent.

My family used to have a tradition of going out and cutting down a Christmas tree.... until one time emotions ran high and we all admitted we hated doing it. That tradition died, at least in our family, and when I hear about other families bragging about doing it, I'm silently thankful we don't do it anymore. I don't however #### on their tradition.

If some people like a tradition, what's wrong with them doing it? It's not like you have to do it too.

I'm kind of sad I missed this one when I was a kid or my kid was younger. I think it would be a lot of fun.

It's a good thing all of you are preparing your children for being under government surveillance when they get older. :tinfoilhat:

I have a Google Now reminder set to "Study for work" every night at 9pm until the 24th. It used to be set for "Mr. Peppermint", but my kids can read now.
Amazing how that reading thing is a PIA every now and then. :D
My son is starting to catch on to some of the words my wife and I spell to each other in the car when we don't want the kids to know what we're saying. Of course I'm an idiot for thinking my kid wouldn't be able to spell M-I-C-K-E-Y or D-I-S-N-E-Y when he watches the Disney Channel almost every day. :wall:

Pretty sure this the last year for us, with our youngest of three being 9. End of an era, kind of sad.

Pretty sure this the last year for us, with our youngest of three being 9. End of an era, kind of sad.
Your 9 year old is still buying this?

Not being snide, serious question.

My 9 year old is a really sharp kid...and he believes in the Elf. He still has 100% trust in anything he hears from adults.

Our elf appeared overnight, and I can tell both of my boys (7 and 9) are super excited about it.

My 9 year old is a really sharp kid...and he believes in the Elf. He still has 100% trust in anything he hears from adults.

Our elf appeared overnight, and I can tell both of my boys (7 and 9) are super excited about it.
Yup, mine too. That's why I said it was scary at how much they just want to believe.

My wife's family is Jewish. We have the Mensch on a Bench this year. The kid loves it but man, this is stupid.

We have the Elf on the Shelf and the Coal on a Pole.

I have this black PVC pipe attached to a small square of plywood painted black. Got a piece of lump charcoal to put on top of the pole.

Depending on how the kids act is what shows up on the mantle the next day. Cracks me up every morning when they run down to see if the Elf is up there or a lump of charcoal.

i will continue to relish in my daughter's delight in this silliness as long as it lasts. my neighbor's daughter, 18, is smoking weed and telling them to #### off. i'll take the childish behavior for as long as i can get it.
I've said it before, but this is the easiest and cheapest form of enjoyment I think my kids have taken part in. I love this thing.

Our 10 yr old now knows there's no Santa, but still believes in our elf. Our 7 and 4 yr olds still believe in both.
So, who is the elf telling about his behavior?
The other elves at the North Pole.

After we confirmed her suspicions about Santa, we asked her what she thought about Eli the Elf. She looked at us kinda sideways, but said with a smile that she still thinks he's real. She knows about the Tooth Fairy, Leprechauns, and the Easter Bunny, so we're just playin' along.

Your 9 year old is still buying this?

Not being snide, serious question.
She at least pretends to, but she's also a fantastic liar so hard to tell. I would guess not but we're playing along for one more year.

me and my kids used to play a game where i had this old steel toed boot the other one got shredded and i just had the one laying around so i would move that sucker and they try to figure out where it was we called it where is that boot and if you found it then you were the lucky kid and got to get dad a beer from refrigerator in the garage it was pretty sweet i should probabaly sue these shelf elf jbags take that to the bank brohans

My 10 year old still believes in Santa. We have to tell her after this year right?

We don't do the elf but figured this is a good place to ask

me and my kids used to play a game where i had this old steel toed boot the other one got shredded and i just had the one laying around so i would move that sucker and they try to figure out where it was we called it where is that boot and if you found it then you were the lucky kid and got to get dad a beer from refrigerator in the garage it was pretty sweet i should probabaly sue these shelf elf jbags take that to the bank brohans
Lololololololololololololllllloooooooll

hey man that is the just the old swcer always handin out the sunshine take that to the bank

:lmao: :lmao:

This was us last year. We started a new tradition this year though. Everyone gets their own week during December to move the elf. I think they might be enjoying this even more than looking for it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread