What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Cam Newton, CAR (3 Viewers)

I respect both Cam's phenomenal talent, and for all the reportedly great things he does off the field as well. Deserves all the accolades he gets and likely then some. And clear he is passionate about the game and his job.

But still, for some reason, still liked scoffing at what looked like an over-the-top reaction rolling around on the sidelines at tweaking his back, and his pouty face at the end of the game. For a grown man, the guy sure acts like a spoiled child sometimes.  

But still, for some reason, still liked scoffing at what looked like an over-the-top reaction rolling around on the sidelines at tweaking his back, and his pouty face at the end of the game. For a grown man, the guy sure acts like a spoiled child sometimes.  
It isn't ok for him to show he is in pain, and try to work through it? That's a new one. How many times did Cam get his bell rung last night, and it wasn't called, and he sucked it up and went about business? Should he be smiling after the loss of a game? If he was smiling after the loss he would be criticized for that. The double standard placed on Cam is beyond ridiculous.

It isn't ok for him to show he is in pain, and try to work through it? That's a new one. How many times did Cam get his bell rung last night, and it wasn't called, and he sucked it up and went about business? Should he be smiling after the loss of a game? If he was smiling after the loss he would be criticized for that. The double standard placed on Cam is beyond ridiculous.
People get on Cutler and others for their demeanor perceived attitude on the sideline. 

I know he has all the talent in the world and I am sure that he is great in the community and all that, but I have found myself cheering against him.  If you are going to do the premeditated celebrations and all that, at least be man enough to take your lumps when it doesn't go your way in an adult manner - don't slump, pout, hide under the towel, etc..

People get on Cutler and others for their demeanor perceived attitude on the sideline. 

I know he has all the talent in the world and I am sure that he is great in the community and all that, but I have found myself cheering against him.  If you are going to do the premeditated celebrations and all that, at least be man enough to take your lumps when it doesn't go your way in an adult manner - don't slump, pout, hide under the towel, etc..
He has a towel on his head when he is winning. I didn't see him pouting on the sideline last night. He had the same look on his face as his teammates. As a matter of fact, Olsen looked more pissed than Cam.

He has a towel on his head when he is winning. I didn't see him pouting on the sideline last night. He had the same look on his face as his teammates. As a matter of fact, Olsen looked more pissed than Cam.
I fully admit that it might not be rational.  Like I said, I have the same reaction to Cutler and Eli.  They get all the money and glory, so people tend to look at Qbs different, and he brings a little more attention to himself, so the downside is he's going to get scrutinized more.  I think the SB presser was the nail in the coffin for a lot of people. 

I own zero shares of Cam and while its going to be fun ride this year w/ Kelv back.. I would be scared to death he misses some time with all the shots he is going to take. Its the defenses only shot. Remember how ineffective he was at times in 2014 when he was getting the hell beat out of him weekly? Not to mention-- if he takes a shot in the 1st quarter-- you might have to take a 5 or less from him that game.

Granted-- he peeled himself up every time last night and the media spin of the head shots will draw attention to the hits he endures. 

I love his game-- and how hard he plays. And there isn't really a tradeable scenario in my head. Its just a worry I would have

Before yesterday's game I traded Cam for DT, and kevin white. Its a dynasty league and I have Winston and Wentz. I love Cam, but I am thinking Winston is a Cam lite, and I really needed the WR help. So, I didn't think I'd trade him, but before week 1 I did, so in my mind there is always a tradeable scenario.

Before yesterday's game I traded Cam for DT, and kevin white. Its a dynasty league and I have Winston and Wentz. I love Cam, but I am thinking Winston is a Cam lite, and I really needed the WR help. So, I didn't think I'd trade him, but before week 1 I did, so in my mind there is always a tradeable scenario.
keep us posted

I own zero shares of Cam and while its going to be fun ride this year w/ Kelv back.. I would be scared to death he misses some time with all the shots he is going to take. Its the defenses only shot. Remember how ineffective he was at times in 2014 when he was getting the hell beat out of him weekly? Not to mention-- if he takes a shot in the 1st quarter-- you might have to take a 5 or less from him that game.

Granted-- he peeled himself up every time last night and the media spin of the head shots will draw attention to the hits he endures. 

I love his game-- and how hard he plays. And there isn't really a tradeable scenario in my head. Its just a worry I would have
he came in to the season in 2014 with the bad ankle (off season surgery) so not a great comparison.   his 2014 O line was also abysmal.  I've just accepted Cam is a freak of nature.  He can take a pounding each game and still put up elite fantasy numbers.  It will be interesting to see when father time catches up with him.  He's doing things running the ball that simply have never been done by a QB his age.  I think he still has another top 5 season in him this year.

keep us posted
hey tough guy, I didn't ask you to comment on what I said. Someone mentioned that he didn't see a scenario where Cam would be tradeable, and I just commented about that. I'm not one of those idiots who posts WDIS WDID crap. People often want to gauge value if they are thinking about trading Cam. That's all...That was my value.

Wtf, owned Stewart last year and Cam ran everything in, own Cam this year and Stewart getting the TDs

i can't win 

My goodness. This guy is the biggest baby I've seen in a long time. 
I forgot which radio show I was listening too.   They said Cam might want to bring 2 outfits for his press conferences.  One for when they win and one for when they lose. :lol:   

Then quit pissing and moaning about the times you get jacked the #### up, loser. Your mechanics are awful in the pocket. You throw flat footed. You are horrific as far as completion %. It's worse than Blaine Gabbert. Your receivers have to be 6-5" so they can get their hands on the errant passes. Simply put, you suck as an NFL QB. No one cares when you get your ### handed to you because you can't throw the ball when you should.

You get your rightful name back: sCam Newton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then quit pissing and moaning about the times you get jacked the #### up, loser. Your mechanics are awful in the pocket. You throw flat footed. You are horrific as far as completion %. It's worse than Blaine Gabbert. Your receivers have to be 6-5" so they can get their hands on the errant passes. Simply put, you suck as an NFL QB. No one cares when you get your ### handed to you because you can't throw the ball when you should.

You get your rightful name back: sCam Newton.
He needs to keep running...otherwise he's Andy Dalton.

Is anyone starting him the rest of the season?   What a disappointment this year. :wall:

Eta: if you are starting him in redraft, what's your record? 

Is anyone starting him the rest of the season?   What a disappointment this year. :wall:

I got 26.45 points from Cam last week, but 14.3 this week. He is up and down, and it seems the team turns conservative in the second half of games trying to milk a lead, or either defenses make adjustments on them at the half.  Maybe both. The team as a whole plays better in the first half of games this year. 

Benched him once for Jameis, and will likely do it again week 13 when Cam faces Seattle. Other than that, playing Cam. Currently 7-3 in a standard 12 team league.

I got 26.45 points from Cam last week, but 14.3 this week. He is up and down, and it seems the team turns conservative in the second half of games trying to milk a lead, or either defenses make adjustments on them at the half.  Maybe both. The team as a whole plays better in the first half of games this year. 
You seem to be right.  I remember the opposite being true for Cam in previous seasons - he turned it on in the 2nd half. 

The guy is the 11th ranked qb (ppg), but was usually drafted 1st (sometimes fell a bit but not much).  He'll be on my bench every week except 13 going forward. Dynasty league.  (Stupid schedule, that's the Titans bye week)

What happened to this guy. he's stopped running and he's having his worst year of his career as a passer. Benjamin coming back look likes its hurt him, last year he spread it around and now it seems the game calling is just forcing to Kelvin. 

What happened to this guy. he's stopped running and he's having his worst year of his career as a passer. Benjamin coming back look likes its hurt him, last year he spread it around and now it seems the game calling is just forcing to Kelvin. 
It's just been an awful year all around. The OL is patch work right now. There was a point last night where the OL was Remmers at LT, Norwell at LG, practice squad guy at C, Scott (backup) at RG and practice squad guy at RT. Amazingly they gave him time. I don't recall a sack.

I think last night the coaches lost this team so I'd beware the rest of the year. Their OC Shula is god awful and can't adjust. I think that's why we fall apart in the second half. The Broncos said it at the SB that they knew what we were calling and we didn't do anything different from what they prepared. He's so uncreative so the only way we score is when Cam drops in a beautiful pass like the long TD to Ginn or the two long TDs last week.

Rivera and at least Shula are hopefully on the hot seat. 

Also doesn't help he took a concussion each of the first 4 or 5 weeks. Could never really find a rhythm being in and out so often early on.

In a must win this week to make the playoffs, I'm probably going to bench him for Palmer (I also start Stafford as it's a 2-QB league). Cam's floor is too low for my taste and at least Palmer gets enough volume to throw for 300 these days.

Oof.  With am mri this week, soreness in his shoulder, him not throwing yesterday, and being questionable, and playing Monday who is benching him?  For whom?  

I'm trying to decide between cam, Mariota vs the Chiefs (tough matchup) and Barkley (a few weeks ago the packers looked like a nice matchup but not now). Adding to that, the league is 32 teams with two copies of each player and my opponent is starting cam (his other option is matt moore but he has Derek Anderson if cam doesn't play, I dropped my copy of DA and used my waiver already).  I think I'm talking myself into Mariota but :oldunsure:

Oof.  With am mri this week, soreness in his shoulder, him not throwing yesterday, and being questionable, and playing Monday who is benching him?  For whom?  

I'm trying to decide between cam, Mariota vs the Chiefs (tough matchup) and Barkley (a few weeks ago the packers looked like a nice matchup but not now). Adding to that, the league is 32 teams with two copies of each player and my opponent is starting cam (his other option is matt moore but he has Derek Anderson if cam doesn't play, I dropped my copy of DA and used my waiver already).  I think I'm talking myself into Mariota but :oldunsure:
Go Mariota. Tough matchup but Cam hasn't even hit 50% completion for 3 weeks now I think...

just a hunch, he and the Panthers are going to bounce back really strong next year. I think they might have needed a humbling this year and got it. He's a great buy low IMO. 

It's hard to imagine he will ever come close to 2015 again.  His days of running it all day on a consistent basis are likely done, since he cannot keep taking the hits he does, and he is not a good enough passer to be a top QB, fantasy or real, without a lot of running. 

I don't think he is a top 10 qb next year.  If he doesn't run, is there much need for someone who can barely complete 50% of his passes?

Users who are viewing this thread