What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Cam Newton, CAR (2 Viewers)

12 Team...we only have 4 benches lol

Who would you rather have? Cousins or Cam? I'm just worried about the lost of Olsen
Without knowing your scoring, etc, I think I would rather have Cam. I took Cam this season, but made sure to back him up with a solid guy like Alex Smith. I understand your concern regarding Olsen, but he only played 7 games last season, and Cam finished 3rd overall for QBs (in my league).

"4th Quarter Comeback" is an odd thing to measure anyway. You could be trailing 14-13 entering the 4th, kick a FG on the first play to go up 16-14, and the QB gets credit for a "4th Quarter Comeback."  

Last week's comeback was impressive, but after his gutless play in not jumping on that loose ball at the end of SB50, I don't hear want to hear about Cam Newton being clutch until he wins some playoff games again with clutch performances. 

"4th Quarter Comeback" is an odd thing to measure anyway. You could be trailing 14-13 entering the 4th, kick a FG on the first play to go up 16-14, and the QB gets credit for a "4th Quarter Comeback."  

Last week's comeback was impressive, but after his gutless play in not jumping on that loose ball at the end of SB50, I don't hear want to hear about Cam Newton being clutch until he wins some playoff games again with clutch performances. 
lol

So steamrolling thru the playoffs doesn't do anything for you?

So steamrolling thru the playoffs doesn't do anything for you?
It does, yes, but then he ended it with one of the most heartless plays I've ever seen a QB make in a Super Bowl.  Don't get me wrong, as a Broncos fan, I am glad he didn't dive on the ball and instead acted scared and shied away from it, but it was a play that he won't shake until he gets back to the Super Bowl and plays big. 

It does, yes, but then he ended it with one of the most heartless plays I've ever seen a QB make in a Super Bowl.  Don't get me wrong, as a Broncos fan, I am glad he didn't dive on the ball and instead acted scared and shied away from it, but it was a play that he won't shake until he gets back to the Super Bowl and plays big. 
Lol.  

Cam Newton completed 21-of-29 passes for 219 yards and two touchdowns in the Panthers' 36-21, Week 8 win over the Ravens, adding 52 rushing and a third touchdown on 10 attempts.

His 52 rushing yards led the team. Newton was cooking with rookie D.J. Moore in the first half, hooking up with the first-round pick five times for 90 yards, including a 33-yard seam shot to set up an eventual Christian McCaffrey touchdown catch from six yards out on a ball intended for Devin Funchess at the goal line that was batted into the air. Newton was lucky to not be picked on the play. His other score went to Greg Olsen from 11 yards away. Newton has multiple touchdown passes in six straight games, and he gets the brutal Bucs' defense at home in Week 9.

Oct 28 - 4:13 PM

Nothing to LOL about.

Classic fight or flight and he bailed.
Really people need to watch the whole play.  He tried to get to the ball after it took that bounce. And really that should have been a penalty and Carolina should've retained possession. Lastly that guy takes hits every Sunday that would put you in the hospital. So until we see you dive into a pile of 300 pounders your critique is less than convincing.

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
Do see the Cats getting past NO or the Rams or Minny.
Minny is a non-threat this year. Rams certainly are the favorite ahead of the 31 other teams by a longshot. New Orleans? We won't have an idea how the 2 stack up against each other until Week 15. If both teams health holds up, I think splitting 1-1 is the most likely outcome.

Really struggling with Cam vs Winston today...how banged up is Cam? 
I made the trec over to Tampa last week.  They were giving out free tickets and since I am a Panther fan and don't get to see them much I decided to take the gift.  IMO, watching how they dealt with him on the sidelines, he's not close to 100%.  I think there are issues larger than what they are letting on, but this is simply my anecdotal opinion based on what I saw.

Even going against ATL I don't think I can troy him out there. There is almost nothing on the wire (Tanny,  Foles,  Mullens) but I am hoping I can score one of those guys. 

Even going against ATL I don't think I can troy him out there. There is almost nothing on the wire (Tanny,  Foles,  Mullens) but I am hoping I can score one of those guys. 
yeah i have him and DJ Moore. really not sure what i am going to do......

They really do need to shut him down. 

He looked like he was either cringing or pouting the entire game. 
He wasn't pouting and the guy has/had a cannon for an arm.  If you have been following the air yard statistics and on field play and practice attendance, you would know that there's been an issue all year.  Actually pretty impressive that he's faked it this long.  I assume it's degrading as the season progresses.

Shoulder clearly not right.  Needs to sit.  

Looks like even if they win out, they won't get in.  Eagles vs Redskins in week 17 may decide the last spot in the NFC.  

Incredibly promising year comes burning down.  Was on pace for 4,000 passing yards and 30 passing TD's.  Shame to see it end like this.  But no sense in continuing to trot him out there in a wasted season.

He'll be 30 next season.  Will be important to see what the shoulder injury is/how it impact him going into 2019

Cam Newton completed 16-of-29 passes for 131 scoreless yards and an interception in the Panthers' 12-9, Week 15 loss to the Saints.

He did nothing as a runner with just 15 yards on five attempts. Newton has looked far from healthy for weeks, and his play has gone in the gutter with the Panthers dropping six straight games. He has just two touchdowns and six picks over the last three weeks and hasn't thrown a touchdown in two straight games. Newton's throws are wobbling out, and he can't challenge downfield at all with his bum throwing shoulder. It wouldn't be a surprise if he gets at least one of the final two games off. Carolina gets the Falcons at home in Week 16. The way he's playing right now, Cam is impossible to trust even in that great on-paper matchup.

Dec 17 - 11:35 PM

He wasn't pouting and the guy has/had a cannon for an arm.  If you have been following the air yard statistics and on field play and practice attendance, you would know that there's been an issue all year.  Actually pretty impressive that he's faked it this long.  I assume it's degrading as the season progresses.
Hasn't he already had surgery on it? I mean what can be done at this point? Just go under the knife again?

He should have a PPV Ham throwing contest vs Bortles.  Worst I've ever seen him. Looks to be in pain and this motion of throwing straight down hill while his head flies out ain't going to work.

Just saw the clip from his post game presser... man you can see/hear the dejection, and it's not the old "pouty, just lost a game" dejected Cam... this was a "no idea what the future holds and that's scary" Cam. He actually said he does not have the strength in his arm to make the throws and more/less indicated that nobody knows what's wrong with his shoulder.

I'd like to thank Cam for only scoring 4.7 points to advance me to the Championship game. Thought I was toast - opponent only needed 11 points!!! Didn't even watch the game, lmao.

Just saw the clip from his post game presser... man you can see/hear the dejection, and it's not the old "pouty, just lost a game" dejected Cam... this was a "no idea what the future holds and that's scary" Cam. He actually said he does not have the strength in his arm to make the throws and more/less indicated that nobody knows what's wrong with his shoulder.
Watching Cam out there last night was exactly like watching post-thoracic outlet surgery Matt Harvey. Right down to the same look of dejected bewilderment on his face, like the laws of physics had all of a sudden stopped working the same way they were the first 10,000 times he made that exact throw.

He isn't gonna pull himself out of the lineup but here's hoping Rivera or the front office is smart enough to do it for him. I have a bad feeling he'll be back under the knife within a month.

Watching Cam out there last night was exactly like watching post-thoracic outlet surgery Matt Harvey. Right down to the same look of dejected bewilderment on his face, like the laws of physics had all of a sudden stopped working the same way they were the first 10,000 times he made that exact throw.

He isn't gonna pull himself out of the lineup but here's hoping Rivera or the front office is smart enough to do it for him. I have a bad feeling he'll be back under the knife within a month.
I cannot believe they haven't shut him down. You've got your franchise QB and former MVP looking like he's throwing with the wrong arm. I don't see how delaying whatever process is needed to evaluate/fix/rehab helps anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread