What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Texans at Patriots*** (1 Viewer)

Honest question- what's the rule on fumbles being advanced? Are they not allowed to be picked up and then advanced further than the recovery spot? Coulda swore Coach Madden inspired some kind of ruling on this?
It wasn't advanced. It was recovered in the end zone.

CBS is scoring that as a fumble return for TD. So Pats D/ST gets it? That is going to need some overiding.

No wait, nobody has it still. How can nobody have a TD?
Good God...must we go through this in every game thread where an offensive fumble recovery TD occurs?IT IS LEAGUE DEPENDANT.
Just saying. Lloyd only has the reTD and the Pats D has no tds. So who got that TD according to CBS?
bolded the key part
Oh thanks that makes so much more sense. :rolleyes: You apparently have trouble comprehending how a standard scoring league i,e, CBS scoring can have a player recover a fumble for a TD and neither the Pats D nor the player nor anyone else gets the points for it. How is that league dependent?

Honest question- what's the rule on fumbles being advanced? Are they not allowed to be picked up and then advanced further than the recovery spot? Coulda swore Coach Madden inspired some kind of ruling on this?
Nothing to do with the recovery point, and everything to do with the time on the clock (last few minutes it comes to the point of the fumble) and the circumstances of the fumble (being pushed forward in an obvious manner to advance the ball is illegal at any time)

I think he's referring to the rule that only applies on 4th down or in the last 2 minutes where if any offensive player but the fumbling player recovers it returns to the spot of the fumble.

CBS is scoring that as a fumble return for TD. So Pats D/ST gets it? That is going to need some overiding.

Good God...must we go through this in every game thread where an offensive fumble recovery TD occurs?IT IS LEAGUE DEPENDANT.
Just saying. Lloyd only has the reTD and the Pats D has no tds. So who got that TD according to CBS?
bolded the key part
Oh thanks that makes so much more sense. :rolleyes: You apparently have trouble comprehending how a standard scoring league i,e, CBS scoring can have a player recover a fumble for a TD and neither the Pats D nor the player nor anyone else gets the points for it. How is that league dependent?
I am not having trouble with anything. Seems you are. One of my league is on CBS and there is a category for this. It depends on whether it is a scoring option for your league or not. It is not in my league.And there is no way it should EVER be the pats defense. Why on earth would you list that as a possibility.

If CBS awards the TD to Lloyd, I win.
Good God...check your league rules
Again, not helping.
Why wouldn't it? WEbsites will fix stat problems. Whether it SHOULD count is what matters at this point, and that's dictated by league rules, not automated tallies while the game is still in progress.Seriously...I have no idea why ANYONE wouldn't know whether or not they get credit for this not exactly rare play or not.

42 points allowed in 2 losses vs. the leagues great offenses (GB/NE)

Not to mention allowing 37 at home vs. Jacksonville sans MJD.

A lot to worry about with that Texans D. Home or away, I'm taking Manning or Brady over Schaub in the playoffs.

Texans are going to have something to play (home field in AFC) for Week 17 @ Indy. (Assuming NE gets by SF next week)

Just curious, why is anyone bringing the Pats defense into the fumbled td conversation?
The only fumble recovery mentioned in standard scoring leagues is for D/ST. At least for CBS.
Are scoring rules standard for all CBS leagues...or adjustable by the commish? I have a hard time believing the former. But if you guys accepted a "standard" scoring setup, and you dont see it...you probably dont get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any league where you don't get the TD if you have Lloyd is stupid. Stupid. If you start a player and he scores, regardless of how he scores, you should get the 6.

bolded the key part
I am not having trouble with anything. Seems you are. One of my league is on CBS and there is a category for this. It depends on whether it is a scoring option for your league or not. It is not in my league.And there is no way it should EVER be the pats defense. Why on earth would you list that as a possibility.
I see it now. Not a standard scoring option by any stretch. Something that definitely needs to be added.

Frustrating night for me. Just AVERAGE production from Foster, Daniels and WElker would have netted me two wins.

Looking like two losses instead.

Just curious, why is anyone bringing the Pats defense into the fumbled td conversation?
The only fumble recovery mentioned in standard scoring leagues is for D/ST. At least for CBS.
Are scoring rules standard for all CBS leagues...or adjustable by the commish? I have a hard time believing the former. But if you guys accepted a "standard" scoring setup, and you dont see it...you probably dont get it.
Yea its not a standard option. I can see it now on my commish privileges. Individual Fumble Recovery or Offensive Fumble Recovery.

TD by Ridley gives me a 3pt lead over my opponent who has Brady, and into the finals for the 3rd year in a row :) As a Pats homer, I couldn't be happier right now haha.

TD by Ridley gives me a 3pt lead over my opponent who has Brady, and into the finals for the 3rd year in a row :) As a Pats homer, I couldn't be happier right now haha.
Good thing Ridley got unbenched. ;) Congrats. Made a ballsy move and sat Ridley, was looking smart til that td, glad it didn't matter overall.

Seriously...I have no idea why ANYONE wouldn't know whether or not they get credit for this not exactly rare play or not.
I swear that going by this board you would think this is the first year anyone recovered a fumble for a TD.
What are you talking about...I've had this conversation at least 3 times yearly for the last 5 years in these threads...and I'm hardly in every game thread!

Our league rules count that as a Woodhead pass (4 points plus yardage) and Lloyd TD reception
Your league rules are stupid.
Funny, cause that's the right way to do it
:confused: How is that a Woodhead pass? On a related note, if Woodhead just laterals that ball, doesn't that count as a catch and all the yards go to Lloyd?
Its not a Woodward forward pass (aka illegal forward pass). Its just good bait by Wilked.

Good thing Ridley got unbenched. ;) Congrats. Made a ballsy move and sat Ridley, was looking smart til that td, glad it didn't matter overall.
I was very close to benching Ridley this week for Moreno, but my homerism took over ;) And as soon as I saw that fumble I knew it would turn into the Vereen show. Got lucky for sure.

these refs probably have boston accents. ne doesn't need the help they are handing out.
The Texans came out flat and were horrible on offense but I felt like the 21-0 was the result of the refs giving them two first downs on 3rd and long which would've been punts and Kareem Jackson not being able to fall on a fumble. It's hard enough to watch your team looking like s*** on offense but even harder to watch them getting corn holed by the refs on defense. The offensive PI call on our only legit scoring drive was laughable. Defender wasn't even looking for the ball. Awful game to watch for multiple reasons.Texans need to get some production out of the OLBs. Was nice to see Merciless get a sack, but Barwin was a no show again and I don't recall seeing Merciless doing anything else.AJ caught 8 of 10 targets for 95 yards. The rest of the team was 13 of 26 for 152 while Foster again failed to sniff 4 ypc. I'm not sure if it is because we miss Eric Winston or because we ran Foster into the ground earlier this season.

these refs probably have boston accents. ne doesn't need the help they are handing out.
The Texans came out flat and were horrible on offense but I felt like the 21-0 was the result of the refs giving them two first downs on 3rd and long which would've been punts and Kareem Jackson not being able to fall on a fumble. It's hard enough to watch your team looking like s*** on offense but even harder to watch them getting corn holed by the refs on defense. The offensive PI call on our only legit scoring drive was laughable. Defender wasn't even looking for the ball. Awful game to watch for multiple reasons.
Texans got one back on the ridiculous offensive Pass Interference call against Hernandez on Lloyd's first down catch in the second quarter.

The Texans came out flat and were horrible on offense but I felt like the 21-0 was the result of the refs giving them two first downs on 3rd and long which would've been punts and Kareem Jackson not being able to fall on a fumble. It's hard enough to watch your team looking like s*** on offense but even harder to watch them getting corn holed by the refs on defense. The offensive PI call on our only legit scoring drive was laughable. Defender wasn't even looking for the ball. Awful game to watch for multiple reasons.
Texans got one back on the ridiculous offensive Pass Interference call against Hernandez on Lloyd's first down catch in the second quarter.
:lmao: :lmao: yeah, I guess the guy isn't complaining about that one.42-14 and the refs cost them the game.

Users who are viewing this thread