What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Dynasty "Sell High" (1 Viewer)

ShaHBucks

Footballguy
Vick Ballard made me think of starting this thread. He couldn't eat up the Chiefs with 20 carries and I didn't think he was a game changer to begin with. If anyone think he'll be a worthy starter next year I'd sell.

Another is Golden Tate. Seattle is scoring at will lately and he's done nothing during the stretch. He's not better than Baldwin or Rice and what if Sea drafts a nice Wr. Even the TE is getting love lately.

Mike Vick. Letting people down since 2010, now he'll be 33 by next season. He will be useful next season but isn't someone I want to plan a team around. If I had Vick I'd either sell during the rumors or as soon as he gets to his next team.

Any thoughts or players your selling?

I can't say that Vick is a sell high. More like sell at gutter prices.

I'll take a stab at a few:

Tom Brady - He will be 36 next season. He will still be good next year, but for how many?

Mike Wallace - Especially in PPR

Chris Johnson - He rebounded nicely after a horrible start. Are you willing to sit through Round 3?

Dez Bryant - Most would say, "are you crazy", but this guy is a ticking time bomb, regardless what the coaches say.

Wes Welker - Not so sure he's still a sell high, but the ship is sailing.

Andy Dalton - I'm still not convinced.

DeMarco Murray - You would be surprised how many owners still value him highly.

Jeremy Maclin - This guy has always been overrated.

Roddy White - Great WR that will be 32 next season.

Chris Givens - Not really a huge sell high, but I think he's a little overrated.

Andre Johnson - Will be 32 this summer

Marques Colston - sell sell sell

Knowshon Moreno - Flash in the pan

Alfred Morris - Shanahan, need I say more?

Darren McFadden - This guy could miss games because of hurt feelings.

Bryce Brown - McCoy isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Dez call. Huge chance he goes Blaylon Edwards on us. With that's said I'd add Romo to the mix if you think Dez reverts to being a Diva.

Only one listed above on my teams is Moreno and I'm holding, 99% of owners think this is a mirage so the offers will be minimal at best until at least May. I've never been a big fan of the talent, but he's the type of veteran I like to place a waiver claim on then wait around and see what happens. Did the same with Benson after making mental notes for not doing the same with Thomas Jones.

Could be some decent RB2.5 filler for a few years...could be nothing...but probably has a stronger chance based on opportunity alone than most guys I'd throw a mid round dart on with the pick I'd be offered for him.

I can't say that Vick is a sell high. More like sell at gutter prices.I'll take a stab at a few:Tom Brady - He will be 36 next season. He will still be good next year, but for how many?Mike Wallace - Especially in PPRChris Johnson - He rebounded nicely after a horrible start. Are you willing to sit through Round 3?Dez Bryant - Most would say, "are you crazy", but this guy is a ticking time bomb, regardless what the coaches say.Wes Welker - Not so sure he's still a sell high, but the ship is sailing.Andy Dalton - I'm still not convinced.DeMarco Murray - You would be surprised how many owners still value him highly.Jeremy Maclin - This guy has always been overrated.Roddy White - Great WR that will be 32 next season.Chris Givens - Not really a huge sell high, but I think he's a little overrated.Andre Johnson - Will be 32 this summerMarques Colston - sell sell sellKnowshon Moreno - Flash in the panAlfred Morris - Shanahan, need I say more?Darren McFadden - This guy could miss games because of hurt feelings.Bryce Brown - McCoy isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
I think Dalton is young enough to still gamble on. He's shown he can dominate weak defences at least. I'd stick with Brady until I see a little Carson Palmer/Phillip Rivers decline, not even close yet with Brady and Brees.I like Maclin with Foles a lot. I cant see NO bringing in a better wr than Colston, at worse he can be a target whore . The rest of the list I couldn't agree more.

I can't say that Vick is a sell high. More like sell at gutter prices.I'll take a stab at a few:Tom Brady - He will be 36 next season. He will still be good next year, but for how many?Mike Wallace - Especially in PPRChris Johnson - He rebounded nicely after a horrible start. Are you willing to sit through Round 3?Dez Bryant - Most would say, "are you crazy", but this guy is a ticking time bomb, regardless what the coaches say.Wes Welker - Not so sure he's still a sell high, but the ship is sailing.Andy Dalton - I'm still not convinced.DeMarco Murray - You would be surprised how many owners still value him highly.Jeremy Maclin - This guy has always been overrated.Roddy White - Great WR that will be 32 next season.Chris Givens - Not really a huge sell high, but I think he's a little overrated.Andre Johnson - Will be 32 this summerMarques Colston - sell sell sellKnowshon Moreno - Flash in the panAlfred Morris - Shanahan, need I say more?Darren McFadden - This guy could miss games because of hurt feelings.Bryce Brown - McCoy isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
I think Dalton is young enough to still gamble on. He's shown he can dominate weak defences at least. I'd stick with Brady until I see a little Carson Palmer/Phillip Rivers decline, not even close yet with Brady and Brees.I like Maclin with Foles a lot. I cant see NO bringing in a better wr than Colston, at worse he can be a target whore . The rest of the list I couldn't agree more.
Maclin IS overrated, but I guess we can agree to disagree. I can respect your opinion on him.I somewhat agree with you about Dalton, but there is just something missing.....By the time the time is right with Brady it will be too late. If you feel the way you do, you might as well hold until the wheels fall off.Colston will continue to be a decent FF play for next year, but again, it's better to sell too early than too late and Colston fits the mold.

I like the Dez call. Huge chance he goes Blaylon Edwards on us. With that's said I'd add Romo to the mix if you think Dez reverts to being a Diva.
I agree somewhat with Romo, but is he a sell high?
17 TD's to 3 INT's his last 8 games. That's around the sametime Dez Bryant decided to start dominating, if you don't believe in Dez you can't believe this is Romo consistently. Im also betting the Redskins and Giants defense gets healthy and The Eagles young defense improves by 2013, Romo takes a hit there.Few of my league he was the QB for the winner.

17 TD's to 3 INT's his last 8 games. That's around the sametime Dez Bryant decided to start dominating, if you don't believe in Dez you can't believe this is Romo consistently. Im also betting the Redskins and Giants defense gets healthy and The Eagles young defense improves by 2013, Romo takes a hit there.
Ok, I'm sold, Romo is a sell high.

Im buying Ballard. Guy runs hard and picks up tough yards and can break the big runs.
NoBallard = JAG

I'd sell high on Martin. He'll have value next year for sure due to workload, but his dynasty value will never be higher than right now. Martin vs. Oak = 10.0 ypc. Martin rest of season < 4.0 ypc. If you can get top 5 value for him, take it. He'll be considered a midrange RB2 during this time next year. Similar to Murray last year who gained value off of a couple weak opponents.

Speaking of Murray, I predict he'll be an afterthought in 12 months.

Same with LeShoure.

Some people still think Mendenhall will get a starting gig. Sell to them.

Some people think SJax is leaving StL. Sell Richardson to them.

I know it isn't popular, but I think Cam Cameron made Ray Rice. I'd be tempted to sell unless I really like the OC that they bring in.

I know it is blasphemy here, but if you can get good value for ADP, I'd take it. He's not exactly the Marvin Harrison of running backs.

I love Arian Foster, but I'd probably sell on him, too. His workload has been insane and I expect Houston to play at least 2 playoff games.

Adrian Peterson - I'll admit that I never expected such a dominant comeback. He's having an awe-inspiring season, but he's a 28 year old RB with 1700+ career carries. I'll look elsewhere with my 1st and 2nd round dynasty picks. For that matter...

All RBs - I'm half kidding here, but there are a lot of guys on the backslope of their careers. Matt Forte. Chris Johnson. MJD. Even players like Ray Rice and Arian Foster who aren't really old are getting close to the point where their perceived value will start to drop based on age. So depending on your needs, philosophy, and what you could get, I would at least think about moving your veteran RBs.

James Jones - No one is going to pay a fortune for him, but his 13 TDs are basically a total fluke. The yardage numbers are not impressive and while he might retain some value if GB lets Jennings walk, I think this is the high water mark.

Steve Johnson - A below average #1 WR by NFL standards. He isn't a big play threat and catches a low percentage of his targets. If not for the fact that they force feed him the ball by virtue of necessity, he would be an afterthought in FF.

Amazing how many people won't give up the hate on Dez. What does the guy have to do ? I better not find Dez on any of your rosters next year you don't deserve him.

Amazing how many people won't give up the hate on Dez. What does the guy have to do ? I better not find Dez on any of your rosters next year you don't deserve him.
Here's the thing. He's already proven at any moment he can do something really really stupid. I guess we're not convinced that he won't do it again. It takes more than a couple of months of clean livin' and good football play to convince me. Let's see him go a couple of years without doing something really really stupid. As for him being on my teams, he's on one and I would only sell him very high. It makes total sense to think that way considering his play and current value.

Im buying Ballard. Guy runs hard and picks up tough yards and can break the big runs.
NoBallard = JAG

I'd sell high on Martin. He'll have value next year for sure due to workload, but his dynasty value will never be higher than right now. Martin vs. Oak = 10.0 ypc. Martin rest of season < 4.0 ypc. If you can get top 5 value for him, take it. He'll be considered a midrange RB2 during this time next year. Similar to Murray last year who gained value off of a couple weak opponents.

Same with LeShoure.

I know it isn't popular, but I think Cam Cameron made Ray Rice. I'd be tempted to sell unless I really like the OC that they bring in.

I know it is blasphemy here, but if you can get good value for ADP, I'd take it. He's not exactly the Marvin Harrison of running backs.

I love Arian Foster, but I'd probably sell on him, too. His workload has been insane and I expect Houston to play at least 2 playoff games.
Martin,Trent Richerson and Bernard Pierce are rookie RB's I wouldn't be looking to trade on a dynasty team. I'm actually testing the market on Mendenhall, not sure what his value is but as a UFA he can land in a pretty nice situation. Spot on with Leshoure, that can turn into a commitee fast. Richardson and Murry I agree. I'd, throw in Quizz Rodgers while I'm at it.

17 TD's to 3 INT's his last 8 games. That's around the sametime Dez Bryant decided to start dominating, if you don't believe in Dez you can't believe this is Romo consistently. Im also betting the Redskins and Giants defense gets healthy and The Eagles young defense improves by 2013, Romo takes a hit there.
That's business as usual for Romo, though. I've been saying it for two years now: fantasy-wise, he's Peyton Manning minus the starts streak and the name premium. Since 2007 (Romo's first full season as a starter), here are the top QBs in ppg (minimum 32 games):24.45- Rodgers24.25- Brady23.86- Brees21.72- Stafford21.36- Romo21.13- Peyton

Nice stat. Checking my 2 dynasty leagues to see if the Romo owner and I can make a love connection.

That's business as usual for Romo, though. I've been saying it for two years now: fantasy-wise, he's Peyton Manning minus the starts streak and the name premium. Since 2007 (Romo's first full season as a starter), here are the top QBs in ppg (minimum 32 games):24.45- Rodgers24.25- Brady23.86- Brees21.72- Stafford21.36- Romo21.13- Peyton
We all agree he's been underrated in the past but I can't ignore the what he looked like for the first half of the season. That second half spike with 9 of those 17 td's coming from playing NO and PHI twice is the definition of sell high. If you add in this years rookie class, mobile guys like Kaepernick n Newton along with the elite guys you just named where would you rank Romo next year? Add in a possible Eli bounce back and Vick with a new job. I've always been in the wait for Romo camp but now he looks worse just lofting balls up to Dez. Just making sure I'm not stuck with the next Palmer/Rivers because QB's literally fall off a cliff when they do decline.

Tom Brady - He will be 36 next season. He will still be good next year, but for how many?

Chris Johnson - He rebounded nicely after a horrible start. Are you willing to sit through Round 3?

Dez Bryant - Most would say, "are you crazy", but this guy is a ticking time bomb, regardless what the coaches say.

Chris Givens - Not really a huge sell high, but I think he's a little overrated.

I think Dalton is young enough to still gamble on. He's shown he can dominate weak defences at least. I'd stick with Brady until I see a little Carson Palmer/Phillip Rivers decline, not even close yet with Brady and Brees.

I like Maclin with Foles a lot. I cant see NO bringing in a better wr than Colston, at worse he can be a target whore . The rest of the list I couldn't agree more.
I somewhat agree with you about Dalton, but there is just something missing.....
Deep accuracy and pocket presence.

NoBallard = JAG

Same with LeShoure.

I have to disagree strongly with Martin. For one thing he lost most of his O line and was down to 3rd string guard if I remember. For another your look at stats is a bit misleading as he had several strong games after Oakland with a few clunkers thrown in. For another he was active in he pass game catching 45 balls through week 16. He is young and deeply involved and a motivated worker with a good attitude. What more could you want in dynasty?

Martin,Trent Richerson and Bernard Pierce are rookie RB's I wouldn't be looking to trade on a dynasty team. I'm actually testing the market on Mendenhall, not sure what his value is but as a UFA he can land in a pretty nice situation. Spot on with Leshoure, that can turn into a commitee fast. Richardson and Murry I agree. I'd, throw in Quizz Rodgers while I'm at it.
I agree that it is counter intuitive to trade a productive rookie, but aside from one (fluke?) game, Martin is sub 4.0 ypc on the season. Everyone is expecting him to build upon this year's success next year. That doesn't always happen with running backs. His value is so high that you won't lose anything trading him so long as you are careful. Trent I would hang onto. I think his situation gets better. I just don't have faith in Freeman/Schiano, though. Mendenhall could land in a nice situation, but look at his numbers. He's benefited from being a high workload guy, not from a production/touch basis. To me, he's a BJGE/Shonn Greene type. So he could land in a work horse role and slug out some aggregate stats, but I suspect he'll land in a RBBC and won't get 200 touches next year. But he's still got name recognition and he's a FA, so I'd play off of that and trade him. Because even if everything works out, he'll still be a marginally talented guy so he will likely disappoint even if the situation is nice.

Ha, I'd have thrown Quizz in there but I figured everyone had come to their senses since the preseason. The Quizz hype here was laughable. After another sub-4.0 ypc season, I doubt he's got much value, but by all means trade away if you can find someone who still believes he'll be handed the keys next year.

I have to disagree strongly with Martin. For one thing he lost most of his O line and was down to 3rd string guard if I remember. For another your look at stats is a bit misleading as he had several strong games after Oakland with a few clunkers thrown in. For another he was active in he pass game catching 45 balls through week 16. He is young and deeply involved and a motivated worker with a good attitude. What more could you want in dynasty?
That's the thing with rookies and dynasty... no one is going to sell high because they obviously drafted the guy with high hopes and if he lived up to them then the owners will be enamored with the player and the glass will be half full. Of course Doug had some good games to balance out the bad games if he is close to 4.0 ypc for 14 games. And we can't truly throw out the Oakland game. I was just using that stat as a red flag. And you're right about the pass game. Doug is definitely a workload guy. His involvement in the passing game boosts his total stats and thus fantasy value. But he's not an exciting runner. I've seen him run up his offensive linemen's backs enough times that I am not the least bit surprised with his numbers outside of the Oakland game. So what more could I want in dynasty? I'd like him to be on an up and coming team. I don't like the Freeman/Schiano combo. I expect a Kansas City-esque arc to this team. Raheem Morris let the team fall apart last year. Schiano instilled some order this year, so things improved. But he's not a great coach so they'll never get over that hump. And Freeman just doesn't look like the right guy, so what are they going to do? Draft one of the questionable rookie QBs this year? I dunno. I guess I just don't see anything special in the player and I don't like the situation. His value will never be higher than it is right now, so if you can find a gullible trading partner, I'd pillage his team while I can.

This will be considered crazy but maybe Calvin Johnson owners should see what they can get for him. The guy is awesome of course and no one should cut bait on him, but those long legs of his are targets and he takes a lot of shots with DB's submarining him. As a Calvin owner and a MI native I cringe every Sunday when I watch another DB aim at his knees. I hope it never happens but think it is a matter of time with the way Calvin is built. Honestly, I think he's a little too tall.

Yeah, I know, I'm :loco:

Mendenhall could land in a nice situation, but look at his numbers. He's benefited from being a high workload guy, not from a production/touch basis. To me, he's a BJGE/Shonn Greene type. So he could land in a work horse role and slug out some aggregate stats, but I suspect he'll land in a RBBC and won't get 200 touches next year. But he's still got name recognition and he's a FA, so I'd play off of that and trade him. Because even if everything works out, he'll still be a marginally talented guy so he will likely disappoint even if the situation is nice.
I'm not sure Mendenhall is really a "sell high", since I don't think it would take a lot for an owner to give up on him.Can you get him for a mid-2nd round pick? If that is the case, I'm buying. If the belief is that you can get a first for him, I'm rather skeptical of that.

He's on my list of guys to put a feeler on this offseason.

It would take some serious stones to do it but ADP's value can't go anywhere but down. More realistically could be Arian Foster if you're at all concerned about his most recent medical scare. Those who mentioned Dez Bryant being a time bomb must also consider Brandon Marshall to be in a similar boat given his off the field history. Also wondering if the emergence of Alshon Jeffery might make the Bears pass offense look a lot more balanced in the coming year.

It would take some serious stones to do it but ADP's value can't go anywhere but down. More realistically could be Arian Foster if you're at all concerned about his most recent medical scare. Those who mentioned Dez Bryant being a time bomb must also consider Brandon Marshall to be in a similar boat given his off the field history. Also wondering if the emergence of Alshon Jeffery might make the Bears pass offense look a lot more balanced in the coming year.
Hasn't Marshall been a good boy for a much longer time?

Hasn't Marshall been a good boy for a much longer time?
Ever since being diagnosed with and treated for borderline personality disorder (summer 2011) he's been a near model citizen. In March he was accused of punching the woman, but (going off memory) the police said the security tape showed he wasn't involved and charges were dropped. Granted it's only been 18 months but still, he seems to have turned the corner on his off-field antics. Personally though, I don't feel Dez is changing anytime soon.

I haven't made up my mind, but I'm kicking around two names on my dynasty roster:

Cecil Shorts and Mikel LeShoure.

Can't seem to figure out what's real and what's not with these two.

That's the thing with rookies and dynasty... no one is going to sell high because they obviously drafted the guy with high hopes and if he lived up to them then the owners will be enamored with the player and the glass will be half full. Of course Doug had some good games to balance out the bad games if he is close to 4.0 ypc for 14 games. And we can't truly throw out the Oakland game. I was just using that stat as a red flag. And you're right about the pass game. Doug is definitely a workload guy. His involvement in the passing game boosts his total stats and thus fantasy value. But he's not an exciting runner. I've seen him run up his offensive linemen's backs enough times that I am not the least bit surprised with his numbers outside of the Oakland game. So what more could I want in dynasty? I'd like him to be on an up and coming team. I don't like the Freeman/Schiano combo. I expect a Kansas City-esque arc to this team. Raheem Morris let the team fall apart last year. Schiano instilled some order this year, so things improved. But he's not a great coach so they'll never get over that hump. And Freeman just doesn't look like the right guy, so what are they going to do? Draft one of the questionable rookie QBs this year? I dunno. I guess I just don't see anything special in the player and I don't like the situation. His value will never be higher than it is right now, so if you can find a gullible trading partner, I'd pillage his team while I can.
:lmao: this wouldn't have anything to do with your infatuation with blount would it?? :rolleyes:

other than the obvious older guys I'm going to dangle Kaepernick out and try to sell him as a hybrid of RG3 and Cam. If he has a decent Playoff run his stock will be incredibly high next season.

Here's the thing. He's already proven at any moment he can do something really really stupid. I guess we're not convinced that he won't do it again. It takes more than a couple of months of clean livin' and good football play to convince me. Let's see him go a couple of years without doing something really really stupid. As for him being on my teams, he's on one and I would only sell him very high. It makes total sense to think that way considering his play and current value.
Pacman Jones is still in the league. What, exactly, are you worried about? If you got talent you get contracts.

:lmao: this wouldn't have anything to do with your infatuation with blount would it?? :rolleyes:
I see the case for selling Martin if he's valued at insane prices, but saying he'll be valued as a mid-range RB2 next year reeks of some super-bias. The while "take out Oakland and he's nothing" argument was beat to death in the dynasty thread. The guy is good, maybe not top 2-3 RB good, but easily a mid-range RB1.

I think Dalton is young enough to still gamble on. He's shown he can dominate weak defences at least. I'd stick with Brady until I see a little Carson Palmer/Phillip Rivers decline, not even close yet with Brady and Brees.

I like Maclin with Foles a lot. I cant see NO bringing in a better wr than Colston, at worse he can be a target whore . The rest of the list I couldn't agree more.
I somewhat agree with you about Dalton, but there is just something missing.....
Deep accuracy and pocket presence.
Both of those things can be worked on the pocket presence will get better each year with experience.

'GordonGekko said:
Have Robert Griffin III in three of my dynasties. Will sell in all of them. As a fan of the game, I love watching RG3 play. As a fantasy owner and putting on my personnel cap, I'm going to sell high and try to get a king's ransom. It's clear to me at this point that Shanahan has no regard for RG3's long term health or career. It didn't come back to bite him in the last game, but the usage was IMHO egregious. The Skins are already getting their media shills to self generate interest in Cousins for the offseason. When Allen goes, Shanahan loses his safety valve, the patient and rational Tom Hagen to temper his impatient and reactive Sonny Corleone. And that's the last thing any Skins fan should want, Shanahan with complete control over personnel without any kind of opposition whatsoever. Shanahan, outside of his RB production, is a horrible personnel guy. His only saving grace is he's probably not as bad as Dan Snyder.
You've always got a lot to say, but almost never know what you're talking about. You have got to have the highest bull####-to-word count ratio in the entire Shark Pool, which is really saying something considering your lengthy posts.Allen has very, very, very, very little to do with personnel decisions. He's a glorified cap manager and PR guy that Shanahan requested to work with. He has no power over personnel. He is a good voice for the franchise, who Redskins fans like because of his Redskins pedigree, but he is not and will never be a balancing force for Shanahan in the FO. To think that is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of understanding in regards to the Redskins FO structure. Guys who DO have Shanahan's ear, and help him with personnel decisions by giving him information, are Scott Campbell and Morocco Brown, basically the only holdovers from Vinny's tenure. Because when Shanahan got here he looked back at all of their scouting work and college/FA prospect rankings and realized that they had good eyes for talent...they just weren't listened to as Vinny and Danny did what they wanted back then. Anyways, none of this had anything to do with RG3. Just your complete misunderstanding of the Redskins FO. Also, what was egregious about his use of RG3 in the last game? RG3 ran one time...for about 4 yards. Otherwise he stayed behind the line of scrimmage.

I see the case for selling Martin if he's valued at insane prices, but saying he'll be valued as a mid-range RB2 next year reeks of some super-bias. The while "take out Oakland and he's nothing" argument was beat to death in the dynasty thread. The guy is good, maybe not top 2-3 RB good, but easily a mid-range RB1.
Which dynasty thread are you talking about? But as the guy before you mentioned, my interest in Blount is indeed what spurred me to watch some Tampa games, but with Blount moving on in free agency, I've got no reason for bias. It happens every year that several early-to-mid first round picks drop significantly in value the next year. To me, there is nothing concrete here for Doug Martin, but I see a big red flag. I see question marks for lots of the top picks next year (ADP - hard miles, Foster - tons of touches, Rice - new OC). The difference is that those guys have a history of success. Doug has just one season propped up by a heavy workload. If he gets 350 touches then it would be very hard for him to NOT finish as a top 12 RB, but I just suspect that the hype train will have derailed if he doesn't find an Oakland game next year and thus his trade value will never again approach what it is now. That's all I'm hypothesizing. I've got no incentive for bias. I'll be in the same boat as everyone else in redrafts next year and I won't be drafting Martin. I will gladly "reach" for Lynch if I'm drafting from a spot that the consensus deems Martin territory.

I haven't made up my mind, but I'm kicking around two names on my dynasty roster:Cecil Shorts and Mikel LeShoure.Can't seem to figure out what's real and what's not with these two.
Shorts is a real talent. I might add him to my shopping list. LeShoure was a talent. Can't tell if injuries caught up to him or he just wasn't as good as we all thought. You might have missed the sell high window, I was selling him when he was announced the starter to Kevin Smith owners and got a ransom.

I haven't made up my mind, but I'm kicking around two names on my dynasty roster:Cecil Shorts and Mikel LeShoure.Can't seem to figure out what's real and what's not with these two.
Shorts is a real talent. I might add him to my shopping list. LeShoure was a talent. Can't tell if injuries caught up to him or he just wasn't as good as we all thought. You might have missed the sell high window, I was selling him when he was announced the starter to Kevin Smith owners and got a ransom.
Shorts is a sell all day. His production and targets will plummet next year if Tebow is QB.

'lod01 said:
'ShaHBucks said:
'FantasyTrader said:
Shorts is a sell all day. His production and targets will plummet next year if Tebow is QB.
Have to agree with that. Trades are so rare in football so I try to ignore them.. Somewhat

'lod01 said:
'ShaHBucks said:
'FantasyTrader said:
He put up almost 1,000 yards with Gabbert and Henne. As bad as we think Tebow is, he might be better than Gabbert and Henne (and presumably is, if he happened to beat them out of the starting gig). If he ends up crapping the bed, a new QB will be there and Shorts will still be young.I'd use the "Shorts is going to be terrible with Tebow" angle to buy him, rather than unload.

'ItsOnlytheRiver said:
'JohnnyU said:
'Dez said:
Pacman Jones is still in the league. What, exactly, are you worried about? If you got talent you get contracts.
:goodposting:So is Ray Lewis. And Michael Vick. And Brandon Marshall. Jamal Lewis did federal time for distributing cocaine and came back to run for 2000 yards. Leonard Little killed someone driving drunk.Who really cares what happens off of the field? Even a lengthy suspension represents a small fraction of the dynasty value of a young guy like Dez Bryant. I hope he gets arrested a few times this offseason; then I might be able to buy at a reasonable price.

'ItsOnlytheRiver said:
'JohnnyU said:
'Dez said:
:goodposting:So is Ray Lewis. And Michael Vick. And Brandon Marshall. Jamal Lewis did federal time for distributing cocaine and came back to run for 2000 yards. Leonard Little killed someone driving drunk.Who really cares what happens off of the field? Even a lengthy suspension represents a small fraction of the dynasty value of a young guy like Dez Bryant. I hope he gets arrested a few times this offseason; then I might be able to buy at a reasonable price.
Yea, you basically have to be a Maurice Clarett or Lawrence Phillips level maniac to play your way out of the NFL. It's a business and teams will give players like Dez and Pac Man infinite second chances if it means an extra win at the end of the season. Character is nearly irrelevant. And while Dez is not very smart, he seems to have passion for the game. That's all that really matters. A fight with a psycho girlfriend here and there won't be enough to derail his career.Just look at Brandon Marshall. A headcase off the field. The most consistent FF WR of the past 5-6 years on the field.

Yea, you basically have to be a Maurice Clarett or Lawrence Phillips level maniac to play your way out of the NFL. It's a business and teams will give players like Dez and Pac Man infinite second chances if it means an extra win at the end of the season. Character is nearly irrelevant. And while Dez is not very smart, he seems to have passion for the game. That's all that really matters. A fight with a psycho girlfriend here and there won't be enough to derail his career.Just look at Brandon Marshall. A headcase off the field. The most consistent FF WR of the past 5-6 years on the field.
:goodposting: - this would have been the perfect post for you to insert a Dyer reference as well :P (just messing with you). Dez hasn't done anything (proved) that is beyond an immature mistake from I can remember. He isn't at Kenny Britt's level by any stretch.

And even Britt only got one game for his 10th or so arrest since being drafted. It really doesn't matter at all. I'm looking for people to make plays on the football field, not a guy to hang out with or someone to take my daughter to the prom.

Thug it up boys! Opens up the window to buy low as heck in the immediate aftermath (Lynch, Britt, Marshall for pennies on the dollar this year alone).

And even Britt only got one game for his 10th or so arrest since being drafted. It really doesn't matter at all. I'm looking for people to make plays on the football field, not a guy to hang out with or someone to take my daughter to the prom.Thug it up boys! Opens up the window to buy low as heck in the immediate aftermath (Lynch, Britt, Marshall for pennies on the dollar this year alone).
Britt has issues with his game that overshadow his off-the-field issues.

'GordonGekko said:
Have Robert Griffin III in three of my dynasties. Will sell in all of them. As a fan of the game, I love watching RG3 play. As a fantasy owner and putting on my personnel cap, I'm going to sell high and try to get a king's ransom.

It's clear to me at this point that Shanahan has no regard for RG3's long term health or career. It didn't come back to bite him in the last game, but the usage was IMHO egregious. The Skins are already getting their media shills to self generate interest in Cousins for the offseason. When Allen goes, Shanahan loses his safety valve, the patient and rational Tom Hagen to temper his impatient and reactive Sonny Corleone.

And that's the last thing any Skins fan should want, Shanahan with complete control over personnel without any kind of opposition whatsoever. Shanahan, outside of his RB production, is a horrible personnel guy. His only saving grace is he's probably not as bad as Dan Snyder.
Nobody in the NFL has a better track record developing QBs than Shanahan. He's more than earned the benefit of the doubt. Also, rumors of Shanahan's (lack of) personnel acumen are greatly exaggerated. If Shanahan was really so bad- if Denver had so much trouble acquiring talent- it would have shown on the field. Shanahan coached 14 years in Denver and posted two losing seasons- a 6-10 season when he lost Elway, Davis, and Zimmerman (3 HoF caliber players) over a year and a half, and a 7-9 season 8 years later. His team certainly had a run of atrocious drafts in the early 2000s, but he acquired a lot of talent before that, he routinely made good trades (Portis for Bailey and a second, anyone?), and he had some good finds in free agency (Bertrand Barry, Gerard Warren, Lynch, Dawkins). Most importantly, the cold streak ended, and Shanahan went on a drafting streak so hot it should have reminded everyone that splits happen. He got Darrent Williams, Dom Foxworth, Elvis Dumervil, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, Chris Kuper, Chris Myers, Wesley Woodyard, Peyton Hillis, Tony Scheffler, and Eddie Royal, among others, all within a few years span. And this last year, he was responsible for Griffin and Cousins. His recent track record is a hell of a lot better than Pioli's, Belichick's, Polian's, or AJ Smith's.Shanahan has flaws, but personnel isn't one of them. He's fine as a personnel guy. Not the best in the league, but far from the worst. If I were a Redskins fan, I'd be far more worried about the way he chews up and spits out defensive coordinators.

'ShaHBucks said:
'SSOG said:
We all agree he's been underrated in the past but I can't ignore the what he looked like for the first half of the season. That second half spike with 9 of those 17 td's coming from playing NO and PHI twice is the definition of sell high. If you add in this years rookie class, mobile guys like Kaepernick n Newton along with the elite guys you just named where would you rank Romo next year? Add in a possible Eli bounce back and Vick with a new job. I've always been in the wait for Romo camp but now he looks worse just lofting balls up to Dez. Just making sure I'm not stuck with the next Palmer/Rivers because QB's literally fall off a cliff when they do decline.
Missed this the first time through. I think he's clearly behind Rodgers, Newton, Griffin, Brees, Luck, and Ryan. After that, I think he's in the conversation, along with Brady and Stafford. Kaep, Vick, and Eli aren't even in the same stratosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread