What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

If you think I am full of crap....put me on ignore.
Agree completely and I stayed out of this mania.  Though it is complete, utter bull#### that these trades were throttled.  

Funny enough the link earlier to the Ofdollarsanddata twitter story on Piggly Wiggly in 1919 played out almost exactly here.  He fought the short sellers and the rules got changed on him, driving him bankrupt.  

-----

I am, however, taking a bunch of small shots with some SPACs.  A Taleb anti-fragile investment method.  Odds are well in my favor to come out with a good ROI if just one or two of them hit reasonably well.  And if the names you're betting on are Chamath, Thiel, etc. chances are pretty good that will happen.

Agree completely and I stayed out of this mania.  Though it is complete, utter bull#### that these trades were throttled.  

Funny enough the link earlier to the Ofdollarsanddata twitter story on Piggly Wiggly in 1919 played out almost exactly here.  He fought the short sellers and the rules got changed on him, driving him bankrupt.  

-----

I am, however, taking a bunch of small shots with some SPACs.  A Taleb anti-fragile investment method.  Odds are well in my favor to come out with a good ROI if just one or two of them hit reasonably well.  And if the names you're betting on are Chamath, Thiel, etc. chances are pretty good that will happen.
There is nothing wrong with taking small shots. I do that too with certain stocks (BLDP cough cough, BLMN and MGM when they were slaughtered and we made doubles inside of 4-5 months). As long as your willing to lose every cent of those "small shots”. 

My real money? My nest egg money? I invest and make calculated educated long term bets. Has worked for me since 1987. 

I will stick with what I know. And all I have ever done in this thread is give friendly “Free” advice from a professional money managers view point. I am sure I have helped a lot of people in here make money in 2020. 

And I always try to protect people in here who simply have no idea what they are doing from getting slaughtered. I am sure there are plenty of gung ho amateurs who are holding the bag here on GME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-Market I snagged 3 shares of GME for 460 :bag:

In-between the circuit breakers, I picked up 3 more at $120 :bowtie:

cost avg is an acceptable 290

Last edited by a moderator:
@WebullGlobal

Dear Valued Client, Please note that we will no longer allow clients to open new positions in following three stocks: - AMC - GME - KOSS. (1/2)

@WebullGlobal

Due to the extreme volatility in the symbols AMC, GME, and KOSS, our clearing firm will no longer be able to support clearance on these symbols. As a result, Webull is forced to set all transactions in these symbols to liquidate only. (2/2)

I’m going down with the ship if needed on these, but once this is over I’m out of the stock market. Clear to me it’s more corrupt than any other place I could put money. I think the timing of this right when a bunch of us casuals were funding accounts for the first time is going to do long term damage to young people ever wanting to do stocks. 
Old man thought - Why can't you youngsters buy quality companies and be happy with a 10-15% yearly return?

I cashed out most of my SNDL when it was up like 100% for a bit this morning, which is good because I also bought some NOK yesterday (at $5.22 so not taking a big bath... yet)

The Winkle Voss brothers are getting ripped into right now, it’s hilarious. They are extremely unlikable. Similar to every big goofy white guy that plays for Duke. 
They made one really poor point where they blamed government to some extent for lack of regulation on the hedgies but didn't articulate it well and the host kind of took it as if they were implying the government ordered the Robinhood shutdown and went off on them.

Other than that I think they made some great points.  I loved their intro when asked if they own any of these stocks and they replied something like "we specifically made sure we don't have any open positions on these stocks when we came on to talk about it because we did not want to have any conflicts of interest, unlike the people you typically interview who almost always have a monetary stake in what they're saying".

They made one really poor point where they blamed government to some extent for lack of regulation on the hedgies but didn't articulate it well and the host kind of took it as if they were implying the government ordered the Robinhood shutdown and went off on them.

Other than that I think they made some great points.  I loved their intro when asked if they own any of these stocks and they replied something like "we specifically made sure we don't have any open positions on these stocks when we came on to talk about it because we did not want to have any conflicts of interest, unlike the people you typically interview who almost always have a monetary stake in what they're saying".
Sure but own up to the poor point and move on. 

Old man thought - Why can't you youngsters buy quality companies and be happy with a 10-15% yearly return?
Saw this on twitter last night - investing in "quality companies" made me think of it.

@BethLynch2020

no, for real, the stock market soared to record highs as 400,000 people died, and as 50 million people filed for unemployment, billionaires became $1 trillion richer. 

But, now that regular people are gaming it, these criminals want regulations.

There is nothing wrong with taking small shots. I do that too with certain stocks (BLDP cough cough, BLMN and MGM when they were slaughtered and we made doubles inside of 4-5 months). As long as your willing to lose every cent of those "small shots”. 
I'm up 30% on BLDP (very small position, sadly).  So thanks for that.

With these SPACs you have some downside protection near 9-10 and lots of upside potential.  After reading some Taleb he advocated investment using a lot of very safe investment and then a bunch of small moonshots (at the time he was buying small biotechs).  It made a lot of sense (Taleb is scary brilliant), though I never found a good way to apply it until now.  This appeared to be a good way to take some shots.

The vast majority of what I have is in IVV and bond funds, etc.

There were basically saying "who convinced RH to stop trading those stocks?"

think we now know that the hedge funders (who do 60% of RH business) pressured them to do so. And the doofus twins were trying to get CNBC to find that story. And they should.
Didn't they mention government involvement as well?

If that CNBC always follows up like that I wish he were a big time regular anchor.  That was great.

-QG

You have to be realistic here. The reddit community went down last night. RH delists the securities for purchase. The SEC and even the current administration have commented on the GME price manipulation.

If you're investing in these stocks, you're going against some very powerful forces right now and the army you're fighting with is not equipped for this fight.

Users who are viewing this thread