Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

1 hour ago, guru_007 said:

Maybe, but here's the thing.  A lot of these guys bought GME at significantly lower prices than $200/share.  There are only 50M shares in float, so if 1,000,000 of these guys are out there and bout 50 shares each at $20 share a short while ago, completely possible.  One of the co-founders of reddit has a pretty damning post about his reasons why.  And a lot of these guys are refusing to sell.

And because their basis is so low, they can afford to cost average up, especially when it continues to defend higher price points.

• Replies 60.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

You guys can blame AMC on me. I hemmed and hawed all day yesterday, and since AMC has their headquarters here in KC, I figured - what the hell. Bought some yesterday afternoon. 

:X

Only bought 20 shares though, so not too bad. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, shades said:

Can I short Robinhood? 

That app is going to get wiped out. 

They were scheduled to IPO this year.  That may not happen now.  

Menlo Park, CA hasn't cancel cultured peaceful protests though.  

Edited by beef
20 minutes ago, beef said:

Wouldn't have a beer with him even if he was buying.  

And I'm pretty sure his double chin isn't from neck fat.  WS big wigs has really stretched his throat.  

Nm

Never know where the line is these days. 

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut
1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

(100906) Your market order cannot be accepted right now because the last trade price is not in line with the current bid/ask price. Please change your order to a limit order.

I just got this. When I looked ar bid/ask, they were both zeroes out.

I imagine they tripped the circuit breakers and no one can trade them for ?15 minutes. This can happen multiple times a day

Bloodbath out there. The folks who bought premarket and right at open have lost around half. 1.5M buys of GME at $460ish. Those people have lost $450M. Bag holders.

Edited by stbugs
  • Sad 3

We talk Free Markets but are they free.  This is BS people should hold are you going to ban people from buying these securities forever they will move there accounts to other brokerages that do not limit an investors rights and freedoms to trade.  We should be concerned here where the institution is put ahead of the retail investor.

• Like 1
Just now, tonysmiles said:

We talk Free Markets but are they free.  This is BS people should hold are you going to ban people from buying these securities forever they will move there accounts to other brokerages that do not limit an investors rights and freedoms to trade.  We should be concerned here where the institution is put ahead of the retail investor.

Free for some.

Two americas.

• Like 3

Also, I don’t really have fond feelings for either side of the fence. Don’t like #######s like Left and shorts/hedge funds that basically lie and manipulate. I don’t think this wsb stuff is anything more than the same just seemingly looked at as sticking it to the man. We’ve been talking about random #### stocks (started with soon delisted and crappy Chinese companies) all 2020 that randomly mooned for no reason. I think the same people that have been doing that all year realized highly shorted stocks could be ridden higher. Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of retail investors who think that they are sticking it to the man when they are just the bottom level of the Ponzi scheme. Guys at the top who have been buying up calls in anticipation and pulled there money out before the end are the same on either side. In the end the people “not in the know” are the ones getting bent over yet again. They are the ones still holding GNUS and Hertz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

So for those of us newer to investing who are not partaking in the the games being played here, what is your advice for today and the next few weeks of this?  

play some games

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Bloodbath out there. The folks who bought premarket and right at open have lost around half. 1.5M buys of GME at $460ish. Those people have lost $450M. Bag holders.

The inevitable outcome

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Was it halted? Something doesn't look right.

Don't think so, at least according to my Schwab account.

Wondering if people are dumping a bunch of stuff to take some profits to help cover their massive losses on the GME, AMC, and such.

Edited by ChiefD
1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

oooh, they've got a big decision here. Siding with the hedger will be about as popular as supporting the 1/6 resurrection.

He definitely is not siding with the hedge funds. 

1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

another 1000 here at 6.47, You're smart, right?

Buy a few lots of DHT while you're at it. Oil tanker company with great debt situation and crazy dividend yield. Will only serve to make more money with Democrats in office pumping up the oil price.

Swing tradeable and a nice dividend to ward off potential downside.

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Also, I don’t really have fond feelings for either side of the fence. Don’t like #######s like Left and shorts/hedge funds that basically lie and manipulate. I don’t think this wsb stuff is anything more than the same just seemingly looked at as sticking it to the man. We’ve been talking about random #### stocks (started with soon delisted and crappy Chinese companies) all 2020 that randomly mooned for no reason. I think the same people that have been doing that all year realized highly shorted stocks could be ridden higher. Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of retail investors who think that they are sticking it to the man when they are just the bottom level of the Ponzi scheme. Guys at the top who have been buying up calls in anticipation and pulled there money out before the end are the same on either side. In the end the people “not in the know” are the ones getting bent over yet again. They are the ones still holding GNUS and Hertz.

Again the moral of the story is.....pigs get slaughtered. 

If you try to get rich quick....99% of the time you will not.

Stay out of these newbies. Don’t get caught in the irrational exuberance. 

Be boring like me. 

You will thank me for it when you retire. 

If you want to be a multi millionaire.....you can do it over time and with common sense and discipline and proper planning and advice. If you are doing it yourself.....good luck. You really need to be emotionally tough and have a stomach made of steel to protect you from yourself when the market goes the other way. 

New investors....let this be a lesson at how you can also get wiped out joining the herd. I said it this morning. To those new at this....stay the hell out of the game.

GME is a shining example of what happens when you try to ride the coat tails of powers you have no control over. 

Ask yourself...why are you buying GME? Do you really think they are a viable business? If the answer is no...stay the hell out. Even if you see you could, shoulda, woulda.....most of the time it ends badly. Don’t chase the so called “next one”. And you really have to be able to get in and get out. And knowing when to get out is the tricky part. 

To those that actually were able to cash out.....kudos. Most of the time it won’t end well. But kudos on a monumental trade.

If you think I am full of crap....put me on ignore.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

A lot of fun to watch but some people, a lot smarter than me, having been saying for days that the hedge funds are behind both sides of this. 

I think you are correct. GME was on steroids but we’ve been seeing stock manipulation all 2020. Kodak anyone? You can see these random small upticks on crap stocks and then spread the news and huge upswings. The smart money bails during the upswing and the latecomers sit and lose a bundle.

5 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

A lot of fun to watch but some people, a lot smarter than me, having been saying for days that the hedge funds are behind both sides of this. 

There are powers beyond what anyone really thinks behind this. Agree 1000%

26 minutes ago, SouthJersey said:

This game is so rigged.

I’m going down with the ship if needed on these, but once this is over I’m out of the stock market. Clear to me it’s more corrupt than any other place I could put money. I think the timing of this right when a bunch of us casuals were funding accounts for the first time is going to do long term damage to young people ever wanting to do stocks. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CFB Sicko said:

Buy a few lots of DHT while you're at it. Oil tanker company with great debt situation and crazy dividend yield. Will only serve to make more money with Democrats in office pumping up the oil price.

Swing tradeable and a nice dividend to ward off potential downside.

Please don't encourage him to tank DHT.

• Laughing 1
9 minutes ago, Todem said:

Be boring like me. 

If you want to be a multi millionaire.....you can do it over time and with common sense and discipline and proper planning and advice. If you are doing it yourself.....good luck. You really need to be emotionally tough and have a stomach made of steel to protect you from yourself when the market goes the other way. 

New investors....let this be a lesson at how you can also get wiped out joining the herd. I said it this morning. To those new at this....stay the hell out of the game.

GME is a shining example of what happens when you try to ride the coat tails of powers you have no control over. 

Ask yourself...why are you buying GME? Do you really think they are a viable business? If the answer is no...stay the hell out. Even if you see you could, shoulda, woulda.....most of the time it ends badly. Don’t chase the so called “next one”. And you really have to be able to get in and get out. And knowing when to get out is the tricky part. 

To those that actually were able to cash out.....kudos. Most of the time it won’t end well. But kudos on a monumental trade.

Just playing devil's advocate here...Apple just released great numbers. Why are they down? 

Edited by urbanhack
  • Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, Todem said:

Be boring like me. 

GME is a shining example of what happens when you try to ride the coat tallish of powers you have no control over. 

So were we to expect flat out market manipulation? 

Come on. This is "I told you so" talk seems to miss the point.

• Like 2